View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Aeitheus

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 21 2015, 22:22 PM 

Player

Same issue as Badger0 had.

Been a while since I played and had uninstalled NWN. THOUGHT I had a copy of my old nwncdkey.ini somewhere . . . but do not - and I could only find my HoTU Manual/CD Key and box. So, I purchased a new copy of NWN Diamond for $2.50 from some Gaming Dragons site that seems to be fine. Downloaded/installed .haks/etc. and I'm now able to create a new account, log in, and make a character with the new keys . . . but if I try to access/log in to characters on my old accounts (only have 2 that I used) it's no luck due to some CD Key check script I'm guessing.

Can log in for about a second and then "You have been booted." appears.

Guess I'll watch for a DM in game?

Let me know if there's anything else I need to do to 'authenticate' myself.

Thanks.

Rigela

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 21 2015, 22:24 PM 

Player

Need to make a new character first (a temp one) and log on when a DM is about and ask them to authenticate you. Then you can use your old characters!

Aeitheus

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 21 2015, 22:27 PM 

Player

Thanks for the quick response, Rigela.

Will do. Wasn't sure if I had to do anything else after skimming through Badger0's November post about a similar issue.

Aeitheus

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 22 2015, 5:17 AM 

Player

Fixed. Much thanks to DM Shaundarkul.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 22 2015, 9:39 AM 

Player

\o/

Krivoklat

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:32 AM 

Player

I've experienced the same issue... only my game key is an original issue Platnium-DVD game-key I've had about 15 years..

if there are any DM's about... my ingame account is "Krivoklat" (as this account is) and I have created another account "Krivoklat-2" which I can log in as, and don't get booted... for some reason.

It's christmas eve here on the east-coast, and I can't hang in the game any longer for now, but I will try and log back in when I can and sit and wait... hopefully I will catch the eye of DM_Santa? **CUZIHAZCOOKEEZ*

;)

*update* seems to be working... hmm... #notcomplaining

*UPDATE* -happened again, same char... I was stepping through 'colors' trying to customize my character appearance when the 'booting' happened. Last time (listed above) was during leveling-up... both times it seems I may have appeard "inactive" to the game engine... could that be the reason for the booting? -and if so, why does it block me from immediately logging back in and continuing?? #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]