View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:12 AM 

Player

My wizard was literally built to dragon shape and spit fire. My concept is ruined by some changes that have been put in to the modal...

How can we fix this?

I am honestly severely disappointed in seeing this change and greatly disheartened that my character is now broken and pretty much useless for it's intent. I had a lot of fun with how simple I had intended it to be and now It's kinda just depressing to log on and try and do my usually silly fun with it and see that well... he literally can not do what he was meant for. It really just sucked a lotta fun out of the concept as a whole and well is ruining my fun and is kinda heart breaking because of how I remember what I used to be able to do for fun when I'm all by my self on the server late at night.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 13:31 PM 

Player

With "Fixing" do you mean, rebuilding/restructuring the character to fit the changes, or Change the changes to fit this type of character again?

I could atleast try to help with one of the two :D

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 16:06 PM 

Tester

Delayed Shapechange Widget: Red Dragon

Spell Widget or Potions: Dragon Breath, Fire

It's not the end of the world, bruh, you can very easily get back to what you had with a widget or two. If there isn't already a custom shapechange made for Red Dragon that you could request.

Let's look at the bright side, though. They're working on making Shapechange useful for more than a single gimmick build like you had. Maybe you can make this Wizard into something more than a one trick pony now! I'm not sure how you had a build "based" off of spitting dragon breath to begin with; the monster ability is based off of character level and has nothing to do with the PC's actual build AFAIK, unless there was some sort of CON timer. Even so, with a widget or potions, you can literally fire it off every round, so you would be better off doing that if you did.

Also, you oughtta know by now no dev is looking to "break" anyone's build. ;P While it may be depressing for your funsies build to get changed by this, seeing people immediately say their build has been ruined by attempting to make someone useful to more people doesn't really inspire confidence in trying to fix more things either. We can all stand to be a little more flexible and patient.

This seems like more of a Build Forum issue than a Tech Support issue, as well. Maybe post the build there and see what people can help you come up with.

Last edited by Dark Immolation on Wed, Aug 30 2017, 16:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 16:07 PM 

Player

If you want a strong red dragon shape build with fire breath, I recommend making a Dragonshape, Shapeshifter or Dragonshape, Druid character.

If you want to fix this character, ask for a rebuild.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 16:17 PM 

DM

Well I am sorry you feel that way.

You can have a rebuild if you wish.

The original shapechange polymorphs do exist still, since I made new ones entirely instead of overwriting the old ones. I think there is a red dragon poly widget hovering around that should still use it.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 16:33 PM 

Player

Just use death slaad and enjoy having the highest ac/hp and an acid breath with comparable damage now PS.

Also dragonshape doesn't get a breath weapon amarice.

No offense PS but the shapechange changes are a net positive. Some of the shapes are slightly more useful and they're on a whole much more fun.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 30 2017, 21:48 PM 

Player

I am by no means saying any one did it on purpose or am mad / upset that there's been a change.

I'm just a lil sad/ upset by the by product of my thing getting broken essentially and would like suggestions on how I could achieve something similar to what I had. I'm interested in fixing the character. I think the devs make changes for what they believe is good.

I think a widget or widgets would be okay for fixing my concept. I would be okay with this- Would dm's be okay with this?

Rebuilding would be nice but I Can't see any sense moving a wizard to a druid or a shifter- but I would be okay with this as well.

It wasn't really about having a strong build. The build was honestly garbage. It was about the fun of being a dragon and burning things to a cinder and running around with other dragon pets , familiar / summons. It wasn't like meant for pvp just pve and in pve if you don't pay attention you could still die rather easily. It was more so meant of like lvl 20- 25 dungeons for tormenting the mobs.

Being a dragon and going on a rampage is just ... fun?

fun in the same aspect that monks run around silly fast,

IMO to be a 'dragon' you gotta be a giant magic fire breathing lizard that can fly about. Cant really fly but it used to be able to spit fire on things which was silly fun.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 03 2017, 17:53 PM 

Player

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:

Also dragonshape doesn't get a breath weapon amarice.

<.< yes it does.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:55 AM 

Player

As a question to the dm's- what would be the simplest easiest fix for my me to give him?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]