View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2019, 16:28 PM 

Player

Yesterday the server kept showing 10 minutes until reset.. and then about 4 minutes later, it was showing that it would reset in 30 minutes. Then, it was pushed back, again, and again, whenever it went low. I have seen DMs do that before, so it's no big deal, this is not what I am reporting.

Meanwhile, I went to the beastmen with Saya (then level 18) and got myself killed (twice..). I lost a total of around 100k gold, and only 1010 or so exp.

However, I went back to the cave, and grinded from approximatively 17:45 to 19:10 (based on the comments I wrote on discord). I got loots, and experience from this (I think about 5 or 6k exp).

Then, I eventually decide to go sell my items. I go through Kohlingen to do so, because I want to reach a ship and go to Cordor, and then the barbarian camp. I pay MacMillian (that's the cap's name I think), and then the transition crashes. I have to log out through ctrl / alt / delete and then try again.

When I reach the barbarian camp, I notice that I have the same amount of gold and experience I had before dying, and that the loots I got from the grinding all disappeared.

I checked and apparently the only DM that was on did NOT push back the reset timer yesterday when this weird reset thing occured. What happened here exactly? The gold I don't mind much, since I would probably have gotten around 100k from the items I found (I looted 3 medium mythals, they're not gold maker at npcs..), but the 6k exp (5k after the +1000 death reimbursement...) kinda bothered me quite a bit.

People that were on yesterday that I encountered / remember were:

- Whurak
- Jes
- Tornsten
- Rosary
- Sylveera
- Cian
- Devlin
- bruisedneverbroken

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2019, 21:15 PM 

DM

I see my name on that list, but I don't recall the server crashing at all while I was online yesterday! We had a Kohl meeting, and that wasn't interrupted at all by crashes. Afterward, I went to bed, so it must have happened after 1am GMT, since that's when I logged off to go to bed. You don't have your timezone down next to your reported times, so not sure when exactly it happened for you.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2019, 23:14 PM 

Player

The server didn't crash, but I crashed during transition. It happened about 3 minutes after you saw Saya in Kohlingen. I went from telling Tom in pm that I was gonna sell items at the barb camp, to Cordor to get to the boatman, and then crashed when I hit "Barbarian Camp in Brog".

When I left, Mari was telling Sylv she'd end up kicking her out eventually if she kept going, right in front of her residence :D

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2019, 4:56 AM 

Player

So just to clarify you went from the Boatman in Corder on AmiaA to get to the barbarian camp in Brog on AmiaB when the crash occurred?

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2019, 13:22 PM 

Player

Yep.

MacMillian Cordor South --> Barbarian Camp --> Crash in transition --> Went back in time 1-2 hours (gold and exp from deaths restored, loots and exp gained during that 1-2 hours gone)

Before this happened, for the 1-2 hours I was on it kept telling me the server was resetting soon, and yet kept being pushed back to 30 minutes every now and then.

Had I been roleplaying this whole time, at least this would have not been too bad.. but since I was painfully grinding through boredom, that 5k exp loss pissed me off quite a bit. Knowing that we probably won't figure out what the problem was or the heck happened there is also a bit annoying :/

Angelis96

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 15 2019, 13:46 PM 

Player

I'm fairly certain I know what the issue was that occurred.

Sadly, you are right though. There is not a lot that can be done to fix the issue.

More than likely because you crashed in the transition from AmiaA to AmiaB your character didn't save.

It's the same issue people have when they crash in the midst of rebuilds. Why the faq states not to relogin if you crash before it's finished.

I'm fairly certain that is the issue being presented here.

But since that is clientside foremost and communication with the server. The fact that it is not saving in that instance is on your end so there is not much that can be done about it from a serverside function.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 15 2019, 14:21 PM 

Player

I had been playing for more than an hour though, shouldn't the character have saved during that time? I mean, I had to rest several times. I commented on discord on my deaths, as well as my time travel crash, so we at least have a timeprint as to when this occured and how long it was between the two events (deaths -> crash) - pretty sure the character should have saved a couple times during that time frame, unless there was no communication with the server and my character during that time and the saves were not recorded.

It also doesn't explain why the reset timer kept being pushed back, does it? I spoke with Elyon, who was the only DM on at the time (to my knowledge) and she did not push the reset timer back during that time.

Well aware not much will be done to fix this, but I just want to know :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]