View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Strom

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:20 AM 

Player

I've noticed a bit of a bug with this, I think it's a gap in the logic. But, here's the sequence of events:

# I travel to Cordor, use my job log on a random doorway in Cordor. I recieve 'Dint', the sadly dead inhabitant of the house next door to the Chapel of Lathander. A flag is set, somewhere in code!

# I suddenly realise, that with the Moribund Ferry gone, I have to walk my now encumbered level 3 character to Benwick Hollow. Because I doubt the hin want 'tallers' in their graveyard. (I think Cordor needs a Graveyard guys!)

# I finally get to Benwick Graveyard, and find a headstone. I place 'Dint' in his new eternal home, and close the window! Sadly, I fail the roll. As I fail to process the 'resource'. . . The system eats poor 'Dint'. He's literally gone.

# I giggle at this.

# I return to Cordor full of moxy, seeking to find another corpse for the system to eat. However, when I attempt to do this I get the message 'Bury your collected corpse(s) first.'. However as the system ate 'Dint', I can't do this. So, it just loops, forever. That flag set when you get the corpse, doesn't get unset if you fail to bury the corpse... So, the moment you fail a roll. You cannot undertaker again, until reset.

Edit: Also, many of the new areas do not have doors coded for jobs like Burglar and Undertaker to work. Not sure if a bug or an oversight.

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

msheeler

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 20 2016, 23:49 PM 

Player

Cordor getting a new graveyard would be something for the players to work towards.

The not being able to use the skill to the next reset on fail is being looked into.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 9:52 AM 

Player

The players shouldn't need to work towards getting Moribund back, a place that is already in the module, already exists in the game world, sitll exists in the setting, and was removed for smoke and mirror reasons.

Unless you're implying Cordor doesn't have a graveyard.

They do.

It's on Moribund.

msheeler

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 11:18 AM 

Player

Perhaps we add it back then? I honestly forgot that the place still existed and was now hallowed. I think it was removed once it was no longer a hunting zone because it had little other purpose.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 11:26 AM 

Player

Still has graveyard stuff, Igor (who I believe is dead, but there should probably be a new undertaker...) sold some low level items for shady and non shady characters, and of course, there was job system stuff there.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 11:35 AM 

Player

Your local necropolis is always looking for donations of graveyards and land space!

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:12 PM 

Player

msheeler wrote:
Cordor getting a new graveyard would be something for the players to work towards.

*snickers* ... so what? You're advocating I log in one of my random level 30s and turn every npc in Cordor into a corpse?

Not that this is a knock, but this sort of canned response is exactly the same sort of thing I posted about in the Carts & Boats thread. NPCs exist and are people who would do logical things when it's in their best interest.

Although one thing that rankles me is the lack of logic. In any setting in which corporeal undead exist, every single thing breathing would demand the dead would be CREMATED immediately...

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

msheeler

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 13:07 PM 

Player

I get what you mean, however, when the DMs are not running a plot that involves NPCs doing something like this then that means they aren't. That does not mean that they couldn't do it and the players have to build it, that means that the players need to advocate for it to be done, start something IC! Make a petition and get residents to sign it, preach about it in the streets, just something. It is absolutely not in the developers preview to just plop things in, it MUST come from DM or player plot driven story lines.

On a side note, your post had absolutely nothing to do with the bug itself so, in the future do not use this forum for that. Feel free to quote it and post it in GD or IA, just not here.

Thanks.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 16 2018, 17:49 PM 

DM

Gonna check into this job this weekend. See if I can duplicate the bug and check the code.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]