View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, May 20 2016, 17:23 PM 

Player

Alright. This is a thing that really, really annoys me, so sorry if this sounds like a little kid in a tantrum.

So... We have this nice thing called the "Maythal System". There are some descriptions as to how it works on this page.
This is, as far as I knwo, the current, correct information on this. Now, on towards the "bug":
I am assuming it is a bug, since taking this out would be, in my opinion, one of the unfairest things to do.

Quote:
You will receive a warning if you attempt to craft an item that requires your current hitdice to equip.

It says that... And it's lying. (Or I'm a total idiot, who doesn't read anything.) At least I never got a warning that crafting this nice intermediate mythal on my only armor for +3 AC would suddenly make me have no wearable armor at all. Again, this woldn't bother a 30th level player, maybe for a rebuild, but even then, they have the money. But it REALLY annoys low-mid-level players, who have one good [insert equipment type here], and if that is gone, getting that one level is extremely difficult. I mean, most leveling areas are built around wearing armor or weapons...

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2016, 4:27 AM 

Player

Pretty sure it's never done that and the really obvious way around this problem is to make the armor you want to create in the toolset.

If you make a suit of full plate with all the same stats in the toolset, you can see how many levels you need to use it, and it's gp value and so on. I highly recommend always doing it before you're mythalling items while levelling.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2016, 17:55 PM 

Player

I had this issue as well where I simply upgraded a mace with mythals thst had dropped for me and it went from lile level ten to sixteen without telling me. I had to go procure a "getby" weapon and use it for the next several levels.

I also think telling people to hop into the toolset and check items, when the game literally tells you incorrect information (ie that it will warn you) to be a rather ridiculous suggestion.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2016, 19:22 PM 

Player

Well if you have any other suggestion that allows people to work around this and not make the same mistake until this get fixed or changed, do share.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2016, 19:43 PM 

Player

Gravemaskin wrote:
Well if you have any other suggestion that allows people to work around this and not make the same mistake until this get fixed or changed, do share.

Fix the bug or change the string to big red letters warning players the item level might get too high.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Ts_

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2016, 4:11 AM 

Player

Yup, updating the MCS info page seems like the easiest solution. That sentence just has to go. And a warning could be added to the "limitations" sections:
Quote:
Normal rules for level restrictions still apply. Infusing an item with an additional power can increase its level requirement beyond your current level, suddenly making it unusable for you. This is typically only a problem at levels below 21. It is possible to use the NWN Toolset to create the desired item and check its level requirement before crafting.

Commie, as a side note, I think it's possible to craft any item in your inventory, even if you cannot equip it. So if you over-crafted your weapon and want it back, you could just remove the added property again. It would be a waste of that original mythal, but removing is free.

Regards
Ts

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2016, 5:10 AM 

Player

Ts_ wrote:
Yup, updating the MCS info page seems like the easiest solution. That sentence just has to go. And a warning could be added to the "limitations" sections:
Quote:
Normal rules for level restrictions still apply. Infusing an item with an additional power can increase its level requirement beyond your current level, suddenly making it unusable for you. This is typically only a problem at levels below 21. It is possible to use the NWN Toolset to create the desired item and check its level requirement before crafting.

Commie, as a side note, I think it's possible to craft any item in your inventory, even if you cannot equip it. So if you over-crafted your weapon and want it back, you could just remove the added property again. It would be a waste of that original mythal, but removing is free.

Regards
Ts

yeah but mythals are precious. it was more of "oh time to give this +2" and giving it that bonus bumped it up like 4 levels. so I could just totally waste the mythal or, you know, level w/o it for a bit.

i think at the time I didn't have another mythal on me either to remove it. but that's a minor issue.

either way, update the string.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 07 2016, 6:45 AM 

Player

I know it's a few months late, but i felt this lovely gem should be shared. Given the madness of the player that did it, that should be remembered!

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 16 2018, 17:29 PM 

DM

Adding this to my list of stuff the check into this weekend.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]