View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2016, 17:27 PM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Semi critical issue for the folk who can't be assed playing a druid (since anywhere above 5-6 levels has to RP being a druid).

The monk level-based AC caps and the shifted AC penalty allegedly don't register one another, and thus don't work together.

In a more specific example based explanation, a shifter with 1 monk will actually have more AC than one with 5, rather than identical numbers; while running what is more or less a fundamentally similar build with identical numbers.

Why? The monk AC in shape nerf fundamentally functions by reducing your WIS mod from the AC of the shaped form -- which doesn't have any variable to account for anything but your wisdom mod before entering shape. Hence, a shifter with 30 wisdom will lose a total of 10 AC regardless of the number of monk levels (and the existing debuff they cause, conversely). The result of this is a staggering total loss of 5 AC, which deteriorates the value of even bothering with dragon, outsider, and golem forms beyond the existing disincentive of the recent nerf.

I would humbly suggest an alternative fix: either the full removal of the feat upon taking a shifter or druid level (since neither build can really be combattive out of shape if it's designed to be used in it), which would solve a few other bugs anyway, or the fix of this bug to provide variables to check the monk's class level.

*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time

Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]