View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13 2018, 23:07 PM 

Player

I've got a problem completing this Ostland quest.

The guy wants venison from 3 deer. Found the first 2 ages ago. Like up to a year ago. Never ran across the 3rd. I decided to clean up a few quests and went back. Found the 3rd. Deer just stands there, so I hit attack and kill it. Log says "you need a certain item for this quest". Text is in red and it's listed twice. I don't have any quest related items in my inventory. Don't have the first 2 deer carcasses and can't recall if I ever got any. When I pass the areas with the first 2 deer it always says "it looks like deer frequent this area but there's no sign of them now". There's no change to the quest log, it still says I've found 2 of 3 deer that are needed.

I've killed the 3rd deer more than once now and the same thing always happens.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 0:29 AM 

Player

I'll take a look and see what I can find out.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 2:31 AM 

DM

When you do this quest, you get a specific item for killing the first deer, and then it's taken away and replaced with a different for the second, and finally the same thing for the third. If you don't have the "2 deer meat" item (That's not what it's called, but something like that) in your inventory anymore, then you just need to get that item given to you by a DM, and we need to adjust that so you can't give it away without completing the quest.

The other quest with the mother/daughter has this same issue.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

walnutboy

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 7:59 AM 

Player

My problem had always been getting the third deer. In a year of trying it got to the point that carrying round a heavy item on a Dex build was crippling. The meat doubles in weight when you get the second so after a year of holding it I dumped the meat as it had become a pain looking but never finding the third. Seeing as the guy at the boat will only take all the meat in one go I figured this was best. Nice quest assuming you can get the third deer and finish the quest, if not you're stuck holding the deer!

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 13:07 PM 

Player

Maybe we can look at reducing the weight then or something. If it's marked undroppable then it can't be placed in a bag of holding which makes it difficult to carry, but also means people can't drop trade it.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Anira

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:00 AM 

Player

Hello :)

Hubby and I did the "Supplies for the Voyage" quest last night and had a strange thing happen.

We were in party and when Cait shot a deer, hubby's character got the meat as well. Same with Cait if Inghall killed a deer. We had our 3 plus meats pretty quick since each encounter spawned one deer for each of us.

Is this a bug?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:12 AM 

Player

Its not a bug, its a feature :D Well, semi-joking but this has to be specifically set up afaik and while I don't know the original intent in designing the quest, given how it works off of a pre-set series of spawnpoints for the deer, I'd say its fine that way.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 21 2018, 14:18 PM 

DM

I believe it was fixed to do that because multiple people in party flagged for the quest weren't getting their separate deer spawns if they were in the area when the deer was spawned by one player, so there was always a shortage of deer meet for parties.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Anira

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 22 2018, 8:10 AM 

Player

Ok, Jes and Tarnus :) That makes sense.

Thanks! Glad it's not a bug! Nice feature! Quest went fast so we could get on to exploring which is our favorite thing to do. That, and die horribly from "What's in here?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]