View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Gribbo

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 26 2016, 10:43 AM 

Player

// This topic is for happening in the fogwood, the fort, endir's, chillwyck and other places near by.

As winter sets in across the frozenfar, it's people bustle with the work to prepare for it. Caravans of ogres bearing ore out of endir's and finished goods back forth from the fort can be seen regularly in the fogwood. The ogres aid the work of the road wardens culling the numbers of trolls that are known to raid.

Trade has seen a resurgence after a deal was struck by the Baroness, ships arriving roughly once a week in Endir's. Between the coin flowing from the barony's endorsement of miners and the influx of new merchants prosperity begins to tentatively set in on the region. Various trade forged trade goods bearing the stamp of the barony would be sold to merchants along with the gems and other raw outputs of the frostbite mine.

Baroness Brieli would be seen in endir's conversing with Junior and the old priest of the helping hand. The matters would be discussed in the open and would be regarding the supplies of food and hunting Mr Pitt provides for the town. In addition the state of icebreakers and mushroom farms, for the famed Endir's mushroom oil, would also be discussed.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:20 AM 

Player

Mr. Pitt would be seen making his all too usual stops, delivering food and hides to Endirs. He then asks for totals on foodstuffs and hides, with the intent of focusing on gathering whatever is needed most, and asking if there's enough of both to last the winter.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 29 2016, 16:33 PM 

Player

A female dressed in darker shades of red with a horned helm and carrying a shortbow has been seen prowling the forests and hills of the Frozenfar over the past couple of tendays. Equally likely to be spotted off as on the roads, no part of this cold land has not received a visit from her. She has been seen to enter and leave the Frozenfar via the leyline and the lamp at Endir's Point and frequently departs the town on foot via the coastal road. From her build, she would appear to be either an elf or a slim human. She seems constantly alert, even agitated, deliberately avoiding encounters with others whenever possible and speaking only rarely.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 06 2016, 2:00 AM 

Player

The tall, armored man with blue wings roams the coasts of the Endir's Point region. He works at pushing back the trolls towards the caves, and fending them off from the roads.

He also works at pulling the debris away from the morass of trash that covers one section of the trade roads, hoping to clear it up before the winter gets too heavy and the project needs to wait until spring.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 06 2016, 19:21 PM 

Player

With winter becoming stronger, trolls are not the only thing littering the roads. The snow fall makes movement increasingly more difficult. The blue winged man would find his work hard and harsh, biting cold and the objects slowly getting burried in snow hindering him.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:48 AM 

Player

The next day, the blue-winged man returns, with four fur covered, hooded ogres in tow.

The work begins anew. Anything too large to be moved is chopped apart by axes before being hauled to the nearby coast and dumped unceremoniously in. When trolls or other issues arise, Korthan handles them personally, using his breath weapon to intimidate and slay trolls at a distance before they can near the working ogres. The occasional crack of thunder and burst of lightning can be visible for moments, even through the fog.

If necessary, the ogres's weapons are read over with scrolls of Flame Weapon to make hacking through frozen wood that much easier.

The group return home before sunset, not wanting to tax themselves so much that they can't afford to walk back home northeast, towards the Fortress.

"If the work is done now, as soon as spring hits, it will be ready. There won't be any waiting. Harder work now pays off later."

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 5:31 AM 

Player

Remnants of a small fire could be found just south of Fort Summer, in the shell of the abandoned 'Snowed Inn.' Someone had slept there for a time in shelter of the blistering cold and moved on when he had warmed enough to brave the rest.

A small note was stuck to the wall of the inside wall of the tavern with a thin dagger.

"It's too cold. Maybe I'll see you again.

- Wren"

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 13 2017, 6:36 AM 

Player

Pitt is, for now at least, frequently seen on the roads. Weapons in hand, albeit casually, helmet on, ioun stone out, the Captain of the Barony is looking for something, or someone, in the Frozenfar.

He doesn't seem to interested in talking about it, or clearing any snow... he's warded with a freedom of movement, allowing him to almost to glide through the thick snow.

//if you want to, feel free to pm me so we can schedule a road encounter.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Aiseth

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 09 2017, 18:32 PM 

Player

On a particular day, when the fog was lower than it would naturally rise, one might see a greenish smoke billow from one of the few chimneys in the fortress, suggesting the arcane was not at rest within its stone walls of the barony. Some might take that as a signal, to those who recognize the particular robust darkening of this very green, it was well known locally who was at practice.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 10 2017, 19:28 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
The next day, the blue-winged man returns, with four fur covered, hooded ogres in tow.

The work begins anew. Anything too large to be moved is chopped apart by axes before being hauled to the nearby coast and dumped unceremoniously in. When trolls or other issues arise, Korthan handles them personally, using his breath weapon to intimidate and slay trolls at a distance before they can near the working ogres. The occasional crack of thunder and burst of lightning can be visible for moments, even through the fog.

If necessary, the ogres's weapons are read over with scrolls of Flame Weapon to make hacking through frozen wood that much easier.

The group return home before sunset, not wanting to tax themselves so much that they can't afford to walk back home northeast, towards the Fortress.

"If the work is done now, as soon as spring hits, it will be ready. There won't be any waiting. Harder work now pays off later."

As Winter begins to give way towards Spring, Korthan and the ogre crews can be sees again on the trade roads east of Endir's clearing snow and debris off of the blocked roads near the troll hills.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 16 2017, 5:02 AM 

Player

A notice on the Endirs and Chillwyck notice board.Looking for some employees. Need a few house servants, guards, cooks, and a personal secretary or valet (depending on your gender and preferred title). Anyone trained in etiquette preferred. Literacy encouraged, but I can teach if it is needed.

This is not quite a normal 'noble' serving job. I don't want or need someone to stand behind me with a bottle of wine waiting to fill my cup, or wipe my ass for me, or anything else 'servants' might be normally expected to constantly do, unless you want to do those things on your own. Unlike most serving jobs you may have had or heard about, if a meal is prepared you can sit at the table and eat with me, if something is wrong or unsatisfactory you can tell me, if you need help you can ask me. If I'm not around and you want to cook for yourselves feel free. I have rooms available if you want to "live in" as well, though your pay will be docked slightly for rent. These are inside the castle and not in a 'serving house' or whatever those are actually called. House servants will mostly be cleaning, preparing meals, and making sure we have what we need for the day, which may include purchasing supplies and restocking. House guards will either handle minor threats on their own or sound alarms to notify the Barony and Chillwyck. Anyone applying for the valet position should know what that entails.

Mostly, I need a few individuals willing and able to keep the castle clean and reasonably well guarded. Should I need to host a dinner you will be expected to wear proper attire and show proper etiquette to the guests, which may include the before-mentioned standing behind people with bottles of wine and not eating at the table, but these will be rare. Guards can use any weapon or armor type they want, though I will have my smith look your equipment over and possibly improve it, or purchase new gear if it is warranted.

Castle may be haunted. If something happens you will be treated with whatever tier of healing or resurrection magic it takes, your position is irrelevant, as I always take care of all my people.

Employment is contract based.

Inquire at the Fort, Endirs, or Chillwyck, I'm usually in one of those three places.

-Count Kaldrjarn Pitt

//PC's can PM me, NPC's can ask their controlling DM(s) to get in contact with me.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]