View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
VitalTouch

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 15:26 PM 

Player

I've noticed that my custom bind point for home on A isnt working, its currently set to the Salandran Temple but I am told that I have no custom bind point when I try to use the entry statue.

I did report this sometime back but it is still occurring.

msheeler

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 16:14 PM 

Player

I've tested that with numerous PCs and it works fine for all of them, double check that you set it with the wand and selected the bind point for the right server. If you selected the wrong server it would act like that.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 17:00 PM 

Player

I was under the impression that it only works for Faction binds currently. I reported this before and that is what was told to me.

I just retested it and can confirm custom bindpoints don't work, only Faction binds do. It says that you do not have a custom start location set, and I even went into A, set it to a different A slot, logged to B, went back to A, and tried it again. So yeah, Faction points only (which should be fixed).

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Rigela

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 18:30 PM 

Player

My drows custom bind point works fine for Kohlingen at least, and she's not part of that faction - nor is it the faction bind point. So dunno!

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 19:08 PM 

Player

Well that's just weird!

People have said that for some characters it works and for other's it doesn't. Soooo, yep.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 04 2015, 0:38 AM 

DM

I just used the custom bind point on B and went to Endir's Point, which is what I set it to at number 6 in my list. But I got on one of my old, old characters and it didn't work the same. Just tells me I don't have a custom bind.

Dunno if that helps. >.> Mixed reports are great.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

KairaKitty

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 04 2015, 0:49 AM 

Player

I had to reset all of my PC's custom bind points if I wanted them to work after I got back, so I assume it may depend on if the PC is an older one or not.
Perhaps before the travel agency system was put in since I left before that and came back after.

The orphan with bloodshot eyes

msheeler

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 07 2015, 17:51 PM 

Player

For anyone experiencing this, has your PC been in a faction for a long time and still possess the faction badge for that faction?

VitalTouch

PostPosted: Mon, May 11 2015, 18:29 PM 

Player

Under the old welcome/travel room I was able to go straight to my home bind without issue, why was this function removed and replaced with exactly the same function but only for factions?

Is this intended kick in the portal wand for those not in factions or just a temporary tragic error in the travel plans, if its an error is there an ETA on a fix or some free mythals in the meantime to recharge wands :P

VT

msheeler

PostPosted: Mon, May 11 2015, 18:38 PM 

Player

I don't get the feeling you've read much on this.

Faction wands store their bind point on slot 2 of your PC, which is the same place that the portal wand stores the point you select as a custom start point (slot 3-10). So, the custom start point statue plc will now read what you have stored in slot 2 and port you there, weather that is a faction point or a custom selected point.

So, no there won't be and my that reimbursements.

VitalTouch

PostPosted: Mon, May 11 2015, 20:53 PM 

Player

msheeler wrote:
I don't get the feeling you've read much on this.

I do beg your pardon I didn't know there was a requirement to read up on how something was working fine and has subsequently been changed to work fine in another manner. (never been part of a faction so yeah didn't really concern myself with how faction binds worked as my bind worked just fine, prior to the room change.)

As a matter of fact I did have a read about the time when I posted the original query shortly after the room was updated (along with many other players) but duh as there was nothing obvious about the need to change bind location on the wand the question was...well it was asked in a post.

Sorry to have crashed the stock exchange in asking. :D

P.S. interesting side bar is that there is no "slot 2" to use as a custom bind point so back to square one which is that we (sorry to disappoint but there are several other players I know of with this issue) still cannot set a custom NON-FACTION bind point as home point AND enter the game at that point.

VT

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, May 11 2015, 22:16 PM 

Player

Slot 2 is only shown when you have a faction bind on your wand; that's how it has always been. What msheeler is saying is that when you set a custom home, in the background it's set to slot 2 (and denoted on the menu with a asterisk).

Which, if it's fixed to work that way, sounds odd because does that mean if you have a faction bind set and you set slot 4 as your custom home do you always get sent to your faction bind when using the custom home? Or will custom home always send you to the slot you have selected as your custom home? Examples:

• Joe Schmoe is in a faction with a bind point, so has a slot 2 listed. He has a custom home set to Kampo's. If he uses the statue will he get sent to his faction or to Kampo's?
  • Jane Doe is not in a faction but has a custom bind point set to Kampo's. She uses the statue and goes to Kampo's.
  • John Dane is not in a faction and has no custom home set. He cannot use the statue.

Is that all correct logic for how it should work?

msheeler

PostPosted: Mon, May 11 2015, 22:24 PM 

Player

VitalTouch wrote:
P.S. interesting side bar is that there is no "slot 2" to use as a custom bind point so back to square one which is that we (sorry to disappoint but there are several other players I know of with this issue) still cannot set a custom NON-FACTION bind point as home point... [/color]

Be careful with the wording here because it makes all the difference. I said the script stores a custom selected home bind point on slot 2 of your PC not on slot 2 of your portal wand.

So if you open the portal wand dialog and choose to set your customers home selection as say slot 4 of your portal wand then the script stores that on slot 2 of your PC. You will not see a slot 2 on your portal wand unless you are a part of a faction, which has a default of slot 2 on your wand and your PC.

It's all pretty confusing to follow, I get that, which is why I put descriptions on the statue PLC which were meant to simplify thus as much as possible. It's also why the statue is no longer named "faction home" and was changed to be named "custom home".

Please take a look at it if this is still confusing you.

Again this works exactly as it needs to and should except for the bug where older PCs with factions already set are concerned.

VitalTouch

PostPosted: Tue, May 12 2015, 5:18 AM 

Player

The first things I did when this issue came to my notice was to overwrite the Salandran Temple bind, switch servers then travel back to the Temple to rebind and set it as home before testing it in the welcome room.

It did not correct the issue and several OOC friends are having similar issues, I have never been in a faction so there can't be a faction bind conflict unless the lack of one is causing the conflict?

Perhaps deleting the old wand and issuing me with a fresh clean portal wand could be tried? Or is there a way for me to delete all binds or restore it to new character settings and try to rebind fresh?

I know its not a major league issue but it is frustrating not to mention expensive on mythals and so would very much like to get this resolved, and no doubt others with a similar issue would too.

VT

P.S. You have seen that I have the Salandran Temple as a bind point and that I have set it as my home point for Amia A, this is the message I get when trying to enter the game at my home point.Image

msheeler

PostPosted: Tue, May 12 2015, 15:05 PM 

Player

Alright, there will be an update either today or tomorrow and I am including some debugging messages in this to find out what's going wrong.

Please look for some red test messages that say "Module 1 Home: ##" and let me know what they say here if the custom home portal doesn't work for you.

Also, while I do understand that this is inconvenient and some times frustrating you should keep in mind that this is a convenience thing and not a requirement to work. Having custom home points is nice, but by no means necessary and when there is an issue no one is ever has the right to refunds of mythals for this. Hell, I've burnt dozens of my IC mythals trying to make sure things are tested and work right for this community. Also, I do this on a volunteer basis because I want to make things as fun as I possibly can for this community. It's long work, and mostly a labor of love. I've already put in 12 hours of work this week (and its only Tuesday morning) and will likely have 16 hours in by the end of today doing stuff for all of the players here and that doesn't count the time I have spent with the rest of the development team and DM team either on the forums or in chats trying to help get things done. I understand this particular bug has lingered, but it's one that I have not had a lot of help on from the players, which you can see from the dates on the posts... it was a month and a half of silence before you made a post. So, claims that multiple friends are also having the same problem and asking for ETA's and refunds in the same breath don't sit well with me. I do thank you and everyone who did and does post for their help in tracking this down by supplying as much information as you can, but I don't think the extended repair time on this one falls on me in any way at all.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, May 12 2015, 17:16 PM 

Player

I know the update isn't out yet, but did a quick test to record results as they are now:

Lucious Kraven has been in the Kohl faction for longer than the new Travel Agency has been around. I logged in to B, set his custom spot to a node on A, then logged into B. When I used the Custom Home statue I was taken to the custom spot he was bound to on A. So it appears to work as intended; but I think that falls in line with the issue with older faction characters and whatnot. I also check with Salema Nefahri: she has a bind set to FoD and when using the statue I get the 'no custom location set', she's not in a faction either.

Once the update is in I will check them bother again, as well as a character made after the TA was built, and see what happens.

VitalTouch

PostPosted: Tue, May 12 2015, 19:23 PM 

Player

msheeler wrote:
Also, while I do understand that this is inconvenient and some times frustrating you should keep in mind that this is a convenience thing and not a requirement to work. Having custom home points is nice, but by no means necessary and when there is an issue no one is ever has the right to refunds of mythals for this. Hell, I've burnt dozens of my IC mythals trying to make sure things are tested and work right for this community. Also, I do this on a volunteer basis because I want to make things as fun as I possibly can for this community. It's long work, and mostly a labor of love. I've already put in 12 hours of work this week (and its only Tuesday morning) and will likely have 16 hours in by the end of today doing stuff for all of the players here and that doesn't count the time I have spent with the rest of the development team and DM team either on the forums or in chats trying to help get things done. I understand this particular bug has lingered, but it's one that I have not had a lot of help on from the players, which you can see from the dates on the posts... it was a month and a half of silence before you made a post. So, claims that multiple friends are also having the same problem and asking for ETA's and refunds in the same breath don't sit well with me. I do thank you and everyone who did and does post for their help in tracking this down by supplying as much information as you can, but I don't think the extended repair time on this one falls on me in any way at all.

Any reason for this semi rant or is it just a matter of not grasping my tongue in cheek banter about mythals....because seriously you didn't actually think I was after reimbursement for mythals did you? :o

Also I do not ever remember demanding the "right" to have a custom home point.

However its something that used to work, now doesn't and so I have reported it using the bugs forums that I presume is there for that purpose. Please accept my humble apologies if the bug forum is actually not for reporting things that appear to be broken.

Furthermore the time span from when things changed to when I reported has very little to do with anything other than the fact that I wasn't really playing much and was most of the time I was online I was probably on other characters that do not currently have a bind point of their very own or else was meeting other players and characters in places for which there is a city entrance.

Further Furthermore I reiterate that the OBVIOUSLY tongue in cheek mythal comment was exactly that and rather than misunderstand and enter a monologue of disparaging remarks based on some very poor assumptions you could have contacted me privately where the matter could have been clarified and put to rest without the need for a public monologue.

Further further furthermore whilst your erroneous assumptions about my motivations may not sit well with you, your "So, claims that multiple friends are also having the same problem" line is quite insulting and inflammatory. I am not claiming other people are having this issue, I am flat out stating it and will be happy to get the names for you if you are calling me some sort of liar.
As for a simply and polite inquiry as to an ETA, what the hell is wrong with that? I lost my mind reading powers at birth and so rely on a more direct question based means of divining information from a source. Asking once is hardly cause for a monologue condemning me for asking...

If you need more information or help in tackling this issue or any others then tell me how I can help, don't remain silent (my message box is currently empty of DMs requesting specific help on anything let alone something I have asked about) and then have a go at me for all the help you didn't get from the entire player base.

I have no idea if you just had a crap day at work etc but you are out of order going on and on in such a manner, tell you what forget I asked about the damn portal wand, sorry for showing and interest in getting something fixed that used to work just fine. I had no idea mentioning it and then checking up on it a month later would be so much dramalama.....

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, May 12 2015, 21:24 PM 

Player

msheeler's just doing her job. They don't mean any harm or inflammatory remarks by it.

Also, back on the topic.
I'm not sure if this might be the issue, but the bind point works for all of my PCs except for one - Teuivae, who has been rebuilt around three times and thus has three different portal wands. I think that might have something to do with it, possibly. I never set the home bind on the newest wands since I just use the mythaled one I had on my very first mark of the character.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Casvenx

PostPosted: Thu, May 14 2015, 8:26 AM 

Player

+1 for the side that bind points do NOT work on. No faction involvement. The bindpoint broke when the new entry happened (the old character I checked was bound to Amia Forest). failed with the previously set point, so i tried to reset it with no change. Just tried it with a new character as well (on a diferent login), binding to the nomad, which still returned "You do not have a custom start location set".

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, May 14 2015, 8:36 AM 

Player

Casvenx wrote:
+1 for the side that bind points do NOT work on. No faction involvement. The bindpoint broke when the new entry happened (the old character I checked was bound to Amia Forest). failed with the previously set point, so i tried to reset it with no change. Just tried it with a new character as well (on a diferent login), binding to the nomad, which still returned "You do not have a custom start location set".

This is the exact same situation for all my characters. It doesn't affect my gameplay much, just thought I'd say it's not just VitalTouch.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

msheeler

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 28 2015, 0:23 AM 

Player

The script for this has been reworked and should work for 5.11d

msheeler

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 29 2015, 22:41 PM 

Player

Another fix for this put in for 511e

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 09 2015, 23:33 PM 

Player

Not sure if this is a known issue here or not, but Kaithan is still not able to enter the game at her Slot 2 bind point, which is the Winya Ravana factional one.

msheeler

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 20 2015, 22:21 PM 

Player

Got this running on A and will update B next update.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]