View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:16 AM 

Player

I'll be very likely buying this too.

Is there any info from Amia staff about what is being done about a transition? Mean, I guess we haven't gone into the headstart-thingie? Is there more info you are waiting? Is Arelith so far the only server with this "headstart"?

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:41 AM 

Player

Commie wrote:
Good luck, Budly.

No really, what reason is there to go play now? It is essentially the same game for players. With all servers still on old NWN. What reason is there to jump to NWN EE now to playtest on Arelith?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:55 AM 

Player

To try out [new thing], obviously.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:00 AM 

Player

There is nothing new, same old game, easier for builders. The cosmetic upgrades I can do without. The builders will need time to even push something out. I bought it as a future investment but at this moment I see no reason to jump on to Areliths EE server of all places.

If Amia do the same, I be more keen on playtesting.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:36 AM 

Player

No one's saying you have to play Arelith's EE. No one's asking you to migrate into the future with the rest of us either.
Amia's migration ought to be as simple as copy/pasting the module. But I expect technical issues to arise nonetheless.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:59 AM 

Player

Suhjet wrote:
No one's saying you have to play Arelith's EE. No one's asking you to migrate into the future with the rest of us either.
Amia's migration ought to be as simple as copy/pasting the module. But I expect technical issues to arise nonetheless.

I morely found it strange if Arelith got a EE version already and Amia or POTM or so on didn't. Commie dropping by talking Arelith was bit of a dust throw in the eyes on Amia which he knwos got issues with a declining playerbase. I saw it as a way to lure away even more players. I presume he just wanted to show the possibilities and I was tired and irritated when I wrote.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:18 PM 

Player

For someone who is a caveman regarding computer stuff... what are the problems we could have with changing to the EE?? :(

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:46 PM 

Player

yimmi wrote:
For someone who is a caveman regarding computer stuff... what are the problems we could have with changing to the EE?? :(

Basically what Beamdog said, as far as I understand! Is that there be no issues with converting it over, it should be a non factor problem pretty much but they got a new master server up so sadly, NWN classic and NWN EE people cannot play together. Potential split in the community if to many stay or to many go.

Revak

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:53 PM 

Player

I'm guessing Arelith was chosen due to the fact they only use vanilla stuff, that and they're one of the largest (if not the largest) NWN community still going. It will be interesting to see how this affects Amia though, hopefully it should be a smooth transition. Only problem I see is potentially our custom content and how it'll integrate with the spruced up engine. Might even give the Arelith test a try when I get some time.

Also no more lag for horses sounds awesome.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:55 PM 

Player

There could potentially be many yet unforseeable problems. Mostly with the NWNx.

We have a lot of custom plugins for it. Which may work or which may make the whole server fall apart.

A lot can be speculated, nothing can be said for sure until the EE is released and tested. Which I doubt will be before in 6-12 months.

So until then, we just need to wait and see.

Broldi

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 14:56 PM 

Player

I don't think revitalised graphics will bring back the community, it will make people look, but to get them to come back changes to staff and such need to happen. Stop letting Dms grow complacent with doing nothing or the bare minimum. You gave us a sandbox then robbed our bucket nd spade yo

sword dream

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 15:30 PM 

Player

does anyone know if it will support macs?

im currently running 10.5.8 with the pc version of the game (with the mac app used instead).

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 16:32 PM 

Player

I just purchased the OSX version, so yes, PC, Mac, and Linux support.

However, I can not get mine to download, so I am (im)patiently awaiting a response from Beamdog Customer Support on what is, no doubt, a very busy morning for them.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 16:40 PM 

Player

Broldi wrote:
I don't think revitalised graphics will bring back the community, it will make people look, but to get them to come back changes to staff and such need to happen. Stop letting Dms grow complacent with doing nothing or the bare minimum. You gave us a sandbox then robbed our bucket nd spade yo

I was not talking about the graphics but about the game being on Steam, new release and easier for builders. It can be an excellent time to be an NWN RP:er.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 17:54 PM 

Player

I'm curious. I'm not really -hyped- per-se, but I'm interested. I am a bit curious how good the 'backwards compatibility' will be. Yeah, they said it would be 100% good, but I don't want to pay 20€ just to learn it's not true. Wouldn't be the first time a developer over-hyped/over-sold something...

That said, NWN lives off of its' community. So now, with quite a few really good modules, many of which don't have an active author, if it -wasn't- as backwardscompatible as it claims, I feel it might flop completely. If it works flawlessly, it would be pretty nice.

I'm unsure why I should buy it other than 'everyone else does', though. I honestly don't think polishing up the graphics really does anything, while they aren't terrible right now, I'm not playing this game for the graphics. I like them now, but I'm here for the gameplay/content/RP. I highly doubt polished graphics would bring all too much to the table.
Lag-free horses... while nice, the horse system is borked. Honestly, I don't understand it, apart from there being no point -not- to have a horse... So I don't exactly like horses, and don't care about the change too much.
Premium modules is something I'd be interested in, mostly out of curiosity to see them...

All in all, I'm pretty 'meh' on it. If Amia and community builders move, I'd move as well, but I personally don't see too much of a reason to...

Lastly, one thing I -do- like that it would change, is that it's steam, which means people are a lot more likely to try the game, and it's far more likely for player counts to rise. (In general, not Amia-specific, but it would likely bring in a few new people to Amia as well)

I find one thing slightly weird, where (all my information from this posts, I didn't bother reading any of the links) apparently Arelith needs/got/wanted a headstart to test and convert their server, but it's 100% backwards compatible... Which one? Does/Did Arelith need any work to swap to NWN:EE, or can you convert everything (saves, modules, haks and all)?
I'm sceptical.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:06 PM 

Player

Everything converts. Saves, modules, haks, overrides, server vaults, everything.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:12 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
Suhjet wrote:

I morely found it strange if Arelith got a EE version already and Amia or POTM or so on didn't. Commie dropping by talking Arelith was bit of a dust throw in the eyes on Amia which he knwos got issues with a declining playerbase. I saw it as a way to lure away even more players. I presume he just wanted to show the possibilities and I was tired and irritated when I wrote.

Arelith is currently the single most valuable source of NWNEE info almost entirely because their head dev has been working with Beamdog for the last two years. Because of that, Arelith also became one of the sole sources of datamining for cash fixing, bug fixes, compatibility and stability testing, and the like. And yes, it means they were able to have the foresight to have a Headstart server ready to go literally at announcement time.

I'm pretty sure at this point, no other server still in existence has or had that ready to go.

At this point, servers have two big questions to answer:

1: Will we move over? Why orr why not? If we don't move over, can we justify remaining on the old platform when the new one has a large amount of engine fixes and de-hardcoding? You'll also need to accept that you will no longer have a playerbase coming in - every other Beamdog release has meant the non-EE versions came off the market. If that were true, it means the end of non-EE NWN. It means the people who are here are who you have. That's it. That's the decision you're making if you choose to not move along.

2: If we move over, will we bother competing with Arelith, who is now the gold star standard experience for the EE due to their Dev being partnered with Beamdog and having a massive headstart on everyone else, in population and architecture?

It becomes a justification to exist, and that justification becomes very difficult for servers not named Sinfar and Arelith now. Unless you are prepared to take advantage of the hype of a new release, and be ready to accomodate those people, they're going to go shopping elsewhere. This is Amia and every other server's possibly final chance at the "Second Golden Age" of NWN in terms of population explosion. We know it happened when NWN2 released on steam, and it didn't have a fraction of the hype that NWN1 did. What remains of Amia's active dev and coding team should probably start doing outreach and a strong discussion with peopl,e, with Beamdog, Arelith, and other servers, and figure out, together, what the community is going to do.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:18 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Budly wrote:
Suhjet wrote:

Arelith is currently the single most valuable source of NWNEE info almost entirely because their head dev has been working with Beamdog for the last two years. Because of that, Arelith also became one of the sole sources of datamining for cash fixing, bug fixes, compatibility and stability testing, and the like. And yes, it means they were able to have the foresight to have a Headstart server ready to go literally at announcement time.

I'm pretty sure at this point, no other server still in existence has or had that ready to go.

At this point, servers have two big questions to answer:

1: Will we move over? Why orr why not? If we don't move over, can we justify remaining on the old platform when the new one has a large amount of engine fixes and de-hardcoding? You'll also need to accept that you will no longer have a playerbase coming in - every other Beamdog release has meant the non-EE versions came off the market. If that were true, it means the end of non-EE NWN. It means the people who are here are who you have. That's it. That's the decision you're making if you choose to not move along.

2: If we move over, will we bother competing with Arelith, who is now the gold star standard experience for the EE due to their Dev being partnered with Beamdog and having a massive headstart on everyone else, in population and architecture?

It becomes a justification to exist, and that justification becomes very difficult for servers not named Sinfar and Arelith now. Unless you are prepared to take advantage of the hype of a new release, and be ready to accomodate those people, they're going to go shopping elsewhere.

To be honest, it is pretty disgusting that one of their devs been working for Beamdog and now this? Very biased.

Our best bet is to go for the EE too and kill the problems we have, the issues we discussed this autumn is even more urgent to fix now than before.

It seems partial all I feared is happening. Biased, some servers supported by Beamdog themself. Arelith will be the framework for how an NWN server will look for any potential new generation.

Had I been a server owner with a decent sized server I would be outraged at this!

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:26 PM 

Player

Read the release notes .pdf for a full list of changes. They are fixing a few issues with feats and what have you and making weapon focus trident work!

I feel better already knowing that, not half as releaved at reading they are adding two peoples names to the credits that were missed from the original release of one of the add ons!

This all said the changes seem more focused at the functions rather than remaking the game. Like others, the graphics on a 15 year old game really don't bother me given the indy games I play on Steam. I've seen the before and after screen shots and beyond the sharper edges... I struggled to see the difference.
Trying to plug the gap left by gamespy shutting down and tying player names to their CD key perminantly sounds safe but likely only work with the new game and new key on purchase.

What puts me off is actually buying the game again as I own already, because someone is going to 'fix' it so that I can't play online with anyone else unless I buy into it...

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:28 PM 

Player

Good luck, Budly.

Old CDKeys and new CDkeys will work seamlessly together and servers can choose if they want to use the old one,s the new ones, or both together.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:31 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Good luck, Budly.

Old CDKeys and new CDkeys will work seamlessly together and servers can choose if they want to use the old one,s the new ones, or both together.

You think this is okay? Are you playing on Arelith or something?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:36 PM 

Player

I think it is absolutely wonderful that the largest remaining NWN community of serious, heavy roleplayers was tapped as a resource to bring on what is this game's probably last big chance to be thriving again. It really doesn't matter what server that was. Outreach to them if you want help and assistance - NWN communities used to be massively intertwined and working together.

You need to stop looking at "Servers" and start looking at an overall community again.

In any case, with accusations like that and the implications behind them, all I really have to say is: Good luck. Phase three on Arelith - i.e. full integration, is currently predicted to happen by the end of the year, depending on beamdog's release date. Not 6-12 months out as was said elsewhere.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:39 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
I think it is absolutely wonderful that the largest remaining NWN community of serious, heavy roleplayers was tapped as a resource to bring on what is this game's probably last big chance to be thriving again. It really doesn't matter what server that was. Outreach to them if you want help and assistance - NWN communities used to be massively intertwined and working together.

You need to stop looking at "Servers" and start looking at an overall community again.

In any case, with accusations like that and the implications behind them, all I really have to say is: Good luck. Phase three on Arelith - i.e. full integration, is currently predicted to happen by the end of the year, depending on beamdog's release date. Not 6-12 months out as was said elsewhere.

I simply find it a final nail in the coffin for servers like Amia when they support certain servers like Arelith. While Amia, Sinfar, POTM with others have to work with this AFTER release, potentially, Arelith has already been going passed the transfer time.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:46 PM 

Player

https://www.beamdog.com/files/nwnee_release_notes.pdf

Should answer a few questions i guess...

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:48 PM 

Player

walnutboy wrote:
https://www.beamdog.com/files/nwnee_release_notes.pdf

Should answer a few questions i guess...

Well, either way we wait and see what happens. Doom and gloom? Maybe not but it be drastic times and lot of changes in the community.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 18:56 PM 

Player

Times inevitably change and its great that this old game is getting a re-release along with more stability, polishing and bug-fixes. And being released on Steam it will mean MORE players.

Yes, like Tormak said, Arelith was going to have the advantage due to those traits their server had along with a member of theirs also being involved in the development of EE. But its silly to think that they made EE just for Arelith and not for the whole multiplayer community, albeit Arelith has the largest number of players after Sinfar I think.

I hope the staff will follow closely on the developments.

And like has been said earlier, good luck if you intend to remain on the old platform..

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:00 PM 

Player

T0mc4t89 wrote:
Times inevitably change and its great that this old game is getting a re-release along with more stability, polishing and bug-fixes. And being released on Steam it will mean MORE players.

Yes, like Tormak said, Arelith was going to have the advantage due to those traits their server had along with a member of theirs also being involved in the development of EE. But its silly to think that they made EE just for Arelith and not for the whole multiplayer community, albeit Arelith has the largest number of players after Sinfar I think.

I hope the staff will follow closely on the developments.

And like has been said earlier, good luck if you intend to remain on the old platform..

It is not about them Not making it for Arelith or not, but it is nepotism that Arelith oddly enough got day 1 access to the game right after the stream last day. It could been put classy and given to POTM or Sinfar or just keys for all servers with an active community of a few dozen. Now, the only server as far as we KNOW who gotten access is Arelith and they just happen to have a guy who works at Beamdog as their main dev. It is nepotism and corruption, atleast that is what it is called when a regional government do shit like this, giving "building contracts" to their friends.

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:18 PM 

Player

I mean, I've got a working copy of EE today. The Arelith dev in question also worked on NWNx which I suspect is in use here?, and both of the NWNx developers, including that one, were brought in to help work on it. Most of their work seems to be netcode stability and translating NWNx functions into the base game. They're good enough coders to be professional game devs, what do you want? They also stepped down from Admin-ing anyway. On the topic of other non-Arelith servers: On the beamdog NWN forums, people from Ravenloft and Sinfar are also already active posters, but I haven't seen one Amia dev there. Does Amia even actively develop anymore?

The reality is, Arelith has more development staff than Amia has regular players at this point. They'll get anything pushed through quickly.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:24 PM 

Player

Falling Spider wrote:
I mean, I've got a working copy of EE today. The Arelith dev in question also worked on NWNx which I suspect is in use here?, and both of the NWNx developers, including that one, were brought in to help work on it. Most of their work seems to be netcode stability and translating NWNx functions into the base game. They're good enough coders to be professional game devs, what do you want? They also stepped down from Admin-ing anyway. On the topic of other non-Arelith servers: On the beamdog NWN forums, people from Ravenloft and Sinfar are also already active posters, but I haven't seen one Amia dev there. Does Amia even actively develop anymore?

Big difference in writing on a board they proclaim they read. On a board that is notorious for banning people who do not have the same mindset or opinions of the fanboys of Beamdogs and Beamdogs employees. Trent might care, but they are still a company who want to make money and get good press. Sinfar? Anyone honestly think they listen to an ERP server?

But im a doomsay, I have a sickly pessimism towards things like this.

How you get a working copy by the way? Mine is just preloaded.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:26 PM 

Player

Tell me if I'm wrong with this... but if NwN will be launched on steam platform, would that mean that all the custom content could be automatically downloaded and installed on the correct place without the need of manually placing it? (I know that's easy for some people, but for others it's a pain in the ass :D)
That could attract a lot more of people that don't come to Amia, or other servers, that have hack files because they don't feel comfortable downloading it and later installing in on the proper files!

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:31 PM 

Player

What Tormak said in insanely true, and I have to echo a bit of what Broldi said (dear Lord, did I just say that?! Kidding, lol).

If we, as a server, want to prosper and have a future the Dev Team needs to reach out just as Tormak suggested. How else would you eliminate some of the catch-up? I'm sure Sinfar and POTM, at the least, already have done the same.

As for what Broldi said: Complaints about the DM Team have been a driving factor in the dwindling playerbase for years not. Not months, YEARS. This is something I (and many others) have publicly said time and time again over the past years and yet nothing ever changes. I'm not advocating that the whole Team is awful, just that we need to seriously look at how the server is managed. I mean, I have the experience of issuing multiple complaints about a DM/player in particular and it took two years for anything to happen (despite there being no official word on it).

And no, I refuse to talk to non-DMs about this, there's nothing to talk about anyways (unless DM/s want to talk abotu the server in general :D). I'm merely using it as an example of what players see, I don't wish to add more fuel to any fires. I am just exceptionally passionate about Amia, I always have been, and I want to see us succeed.

Tormak is right, NWN is one community. Let's get involved with it again. And be nice to each other.

Love you all.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:36 PM 

Player

Naivatkal wrote:
What Tormak said in insanely true, and I have to echo a bit of what Broldi said (dear Lord, did I just say that?! Kidding, lol).

If we, as a server, want to prosper and have a future the Dev Team needs to reach out just as Tormak suggested. How else would you eliminate some of the catch-up? I'm sure Sinfar and POTM, at the least, already have done the same.

As for what Broldi said: Complaints about the DM Team have been a driving factor in the dwindling playerbase for years not. Not months, YEARS. This is something I (and many others) have publicly said time and time again over the past years and yet nothing ever changes. I'm not advocating that the whole Team is awful, just that we need to seriously look at how the server is managed. I mean, I have the experience of issuing multiple complaints about a DM/player in particular and it took two years for anything to happen (despite there being no official word on it).

And no, I refuse to talk to non-DMs about this, there's nothing to talk about anyways (unless DM/s want to talk abotu the server in general :D). I'm merely using it as an example of what players see, I don't wish to add more fuel to any fires. I am just exceptionally passionate about Amia, I always have been, and I want to see us succeed.

Tormak is right, NWN is one community. Let's get involved with it again. And be nice to each other.

Love you all.

I been saying that shit for years on POTM and Amia. No one listened back then.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:42 PM 

Player

This went from exciting to depressing to political way too fast. Can we focus more on this new achievement and victory for the NWN community as a whole rather than dive into complaints on management and fellow communities?

This may come as a shocker to some, but we have good relations with Arelith and other servers out there when we may need something. It's outstanding a server out there has direct Developer connections while they iron out this milestone that will bring a refreshed and stable future for this game we have all put so much time into.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:47 PM 

Player

I refer from my fears for a problematic future for the community.

What do you people hope to see or want to see or what do you look forward too?

Mahtan

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:55 PM 

Player

I personally look forward to new awareness and stability on our new current computer tech which is getting harder and harder to run the game on if you get new computers.

There will without a doubt be hurdles as things convert, but we don't need to run them blindly now seeing we have a fellow server that will be setting the grounds. Which is good in our current situation of not having all the resources needed for such right now.

I don't see this as missing the wave of new players because we don't have an EE server set up yet. Rather we get the opportunity to speak to new players that already chose they like this game. With a new Master Server, people will see Amia again up with the rest of the main servers and pass in to see whats going on and hopefully fall in love with the place like we did.

We may even get new servers again with fresh ideas attention to the game.

The worst case situation is we stay the same as we are now. But I find it very unlikely that more attention to NWN EE won't eventually translate to more attention to Amia.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 19:58 PM 

Player

What it was said... I hope to an easier way to attract new players to our community.
Also I really hope that this fixes the problem about installing the custom content.... Reading about what was said on the twitch thingy I'm also curious about having the possibility of more stuff to be more easily added!

EDIT: I just read "One of the questions is Worskhop, and we haven't comitted yet, but Workshop is one of the things we'r looking at"
Well this could be a future thing! :D

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 20:16 PM 

Player

I think the bitter pill for me is buying the game again simply for the online playability. The single player game isn't changing and if you can import your saved games anyway... you're not likely to play it again anytime soon.
This said my pill is likely a little sweeter than some who have bought the game recently simply to play it online with friends only to find the servers might well be inaccessible to them should they switch.

Stability might be nice for once given that my game copy IS 15 years old, patched, repatched, patched to allow a patch, modded, prodded and currently sitting at a size on my hdd larger than some modern games... it is frightening that it still works!

As a side, the server I originally started on has shown interest in the EE and its been dormant for countless years! Easier access to the game really helps bring new and old blood, I mean who doesn't have steam in this day and age?

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 20:31 PM 

Player

Steam probably does add more players in NWN:EE servers overall, with their simple refund policy. People are more likely to give it a go because they'll get their money back if they don't like it. Chances are some of those will stay. If workshop is added on top, haks and whatnot will be so simple to download it'll have an impact too.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 20:40 PM 

Player

Infernal_Pain wrote:
Steam probably does add more players in NWN:EE servers overall, with their simple refund policy. People are more likely to give it a go because they'll get their money back if they don't like it. Chances are some of those will stay. If workshop is added on top, haks and whatnot will be so simple to download it'll have an impact too.

Very true that! It might bring in some obnoxious trolls but it will always bring in legit serious people!

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 20:41 PM 

Player

All games have trolls. The bigger community, more trolls.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 20:44 PM 

Player

Also, as for the price

Quote:
Preorders cost $19.99/your regional equivalent, and Steam wishlisting will go live later today.

Considering new games usually cost around 40-50 dollars or euros, thats hardly a bitter pill to me. Considering also the amount of content and increased stability and performance you get, along with it being literally the game you tend to play.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 21:16 PM 

Player

Yeah I already got it.

The industry is a bit more soulless today sadly, I think when NWN got released it was more passion in the gaming community. More soul, more Passion! Lets aim for that again with NWN EE and even if I am a sour puss, hardened and strengthen our "global" NWN community.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 21:38 PM 

Player

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
This may come as a shocker to some, but we have good relations with Arelith and other servers out there when we may need something. It's outstanding a server out there has direct Developer connections while they iron out this milestone that will bring a refreshed and stable future for this game we have all put so much time into.

That is really awesome to hear! I mean, I never once thought there was any bad blood between Amia and Arelith but I never knew we worked with them and other servers. I love that we do. Though it is telling that perhaps things like that should be more public. I was on the Dev team for... three years I think and never heard of anyone working with other servers to fix issues.

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
The worst case situation is we stay the same as we are now. But I find it very unlikely that more attention to NWN EE won't eventually translate to more attention to Amia.

This is the end-all of my thoughts, too. In fact, if there's a server listing again (I don't see why they wouldn't have a master server for this) then Amia will, by default, be listed in there. No more scouring the internet for servers, we're right here people! :mrgreen:

NWN EE is gonna be awesome, and Amia can sail along with it 8)

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 22 2017, 23:23 PM 

Player

I'm a Mac user that has been trying for years to find a stable way to play Nwn again, but specifically Amia. It is the most satisfying mod I've ever played.

I bought into the EE for one big reason: Nwn returns to the Mac. No more boot camping, or wine, or virtual machines. I think this fact alone will raise the player base by 10-20%

angst360

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 23 2017, 4:04 AM 

Player

One thing about the Enhanced Edition that isn't getting mentioned here, it doesn't actually enhance RP.

Rather than rush to bandwagon the 'EE' concept, Amia might be better served holding the current course and providing a stable platform for RP in a world about to go through radical changes and an identity crisis' or two amongst the competition. Because you know what players really want? Stability.

I don't guess anyone else remembers what happened to NWN development around the the time NWN2 was set to release? It ground to a halt because everyone assumed NWN2 would be an improvement that provided better tools... It's amazing NWN was able to recover, to be honest.

Also, I'm sorry, I find it funny that people think that a massive change to the server will increase the player base, when it is quite obvious that massive changes are the reason Amia has gone into a steep decline over the last couple of years. Those people that have fled to Arelith, Ravenloft, and FRC aren't coming back... the damage is done. Time to get over it.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 23 2017, 7:31 AM 

Player

angst360 wrote:
One thing about the Enhanced Edition that isn't getting mentioned here, it doesn't actually enhance RP.

Rather than rush to bandwagon the 'EE' concept, Amia might be better served holding the current course and providing a stable platform for RP in a world about to go through radical changes and an identity crisis' or two amongst the competition. Because you know what players really want? Stability.

I don't guess anyone else remembers what happened to NWN development around the the time NWN2 was set to release? It ground to a halt because everyone assumed NWN2 would be an improvement that provided better tools... It's amazing NWN was able to recover, to be honest.

Also, I'm sorry, I find it funny that people think that a massive change to the server will increase the player base, when it is quite obvious that massive changes are the reason Amia has gone into a steep decline over the last couple of years. Those people that have fled to Arelith, Ravenloft, and FRC aren't coming back... the damage is done. Time to get over it.

It is not about improving the RP, no game offers what you ask but maybe NWN when it first got released. But if the community grows tenfold in the thousands ,we be siting here in NWN basic version while the other servers grow and need double server size, like Amia once needed. NWN2 was another game, but EE is supposed to offer more easy use of toolset as far as I understood it. Be cautious but also be open eyed to any potential development. I do not think Amia want to be to late to the party. :(

angst360

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 23 2017, 9:05 AM 

Player

Good luck, Budly...

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 23 2017, 10:39 AM 

Player

angst360 wrote:
Good luck, Budly...

God, Jesus Christ...When im positive I get to hear this too? This is turning into a Amia meme if you keep this going.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:08 AM 

Player

Budly wrote:
This is turning into a Amia meme if you keep this going.

Good luck, Budly.

I'm sorry.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 23 2017, 12:01 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
Budly wrote:
This is turning into a Amia meme if you keep this going.

Good luck, Budly.

I'm sorry.

:( :lol:

But we wait and see, seemingly there is more than Arelith up, someone else is hosting from what I understand from Facebook, Knights of Noromath

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next