View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Richard_Edmund
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 14:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Location: Western Australia (+8 GMT)

People go where the RP is, and that is Bendir Dale. Elwyn's become involved in more personal quests and DM events standing there than has she's ever stumbled upon randomly adventuring or soloing bosses for the 1000th time. It's also more realistic to believe that with everything our PCs have been through that they might prefer shooting the shit once in a while instead of saving the world for the 1,000,000th time.

_________________
Warlord Elwyn Sabel | Necromaster Laura Jarshall


 
      
Budly
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 14:35 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Hin Town

Richard_Edmund wrote:
People go where the RP is, and that is Bendir Dale. Elwyn's become involved in more personal quests and DM events standing there than has she's ever stumbled upon randomly adventuring or soloing bosses for the 1000th time. It's also more realistic to believe that with everything our PCs have been through that they might prefer shooting the shit once in a while instead of saving the world for the 1,000,000th time.


Well! Syl is butthurt cause she need to stand around the little shits! :lol:

I get what you mean. It is just sad Amia is not as vibrant and active it used to be where you could met people on the road or just run into an event anywhere.

_________________
Sometimes it's the journey that makes it worth it, other times it is the goal.


 
      
freaxxshow1338
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 19:00 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Location: Deutschland

Lost_Izalith wrote:
Also, as an aside, when are we going to quit bashing Bendir as "the place where people stand and do nothing?" Because it isn't. It's the place people stand because it's active. Standing around and chatting, believe it or not, is still RP. Not all RP has to be world-shifting or event-driven. Sometimes it's just socializing and talking about what's been going on. Developing a personal story for the character and developing his or her relationships. It's not a negative thing, nor has it ever been. Bendir isn't sucking the life out of the server, it's all the life the server has left in it. Don't just complain it's there. Make an effort to join and start something, and don't get butthurt if no one wants to.


And that. I like Social RP almost more than all this saving the world stuff. I even like more Mundane stuff more than "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... AGAIN!"-Stuff.
I think that all this antagonism between characters is so awesome. The whole thing with Peraga and Wilfire for example. Shit is cash.
Ember is suddenly Peragas sister. Fucking grand!
Budly is beeing an annoying The poster of this message wanted to use a vulgar word. We apologize on their behalf. and Peraga has to intervene before someone kills him (Probably rightfully so). Awesome!
Rosary throws acid at innocent bystanders! Yaaaay!

And most of all: BRAIN PROBLEMS! WHOOP WHOOP!

_________________
Peraga Bundly - Beaten and broken, I will prevail.

Lessa - Everyones got skeletons in their closet.

Deva Snyden - SomeBODY ONCE TOLD ME...


 
      
Budly
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 19:38 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Hin Town

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
Lost_Izalith wrote:
Also, as an aside, when are we going to quit bashing Bendir as "the place where people stand and do nothing?" Because it isn't. It's the place people stand because it's active. Standing around and chatting, believe it or not, is still RP. Not all RP has to be world-shifting or event-driven. Sometimes it's just socializing and talking about what's been going on. Developing a personal story for the character and developing his or her relationships. It's not a negative thing, nor has it ever been. Bendir isn't sucking the life out of the server, it's all the life the server has left in it. Don't just complain it's there. Make an effort to join and start something, and don't get butthurt if no one wants to.


And that. I like Social RP almost more than all this saving the world stuff. I even like more Mundane stuff more than "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... AGAIN!"-Stuff.
I think that all this antagonism between characters is so awesome. The whole thing with Peraga and Wilfire for example. Shit is cash.
Ember is suddenly Peragas sister. Fucking grand!
Budly is beeing an annoying The poster of this message wanted to use a vulgar word. We apologize on their behalf. and Peraga has to intervene before someone kills him (Probably rightfully so). Awesome!
Rosary throws acid at innocent bystanders! Yaaaay!

And most of all: BRAIN PROBLEMS! WHOOP WHOOP!


When you put it that way...yes it is very charming and rustic . It is real in a way and it keeps us occupied while we wait for other things or plot on other characters. Budly I think has evolved a lot as a character since I returned in 2016 because of the people around him.

_________________
Sometimes it's the journey that makes it worth it, other times it is the goal.


 
      
Dunecat
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 20:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Location: +3 GMT

  Off-topic

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
And most of all: BRAIN PROBLEMS! WHOOP WHOOP!

Image


_________________
Image

Mistakes were made.


 
      
Richard_Edmund
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 20:29 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Location: Western Australia (+8 GMT)

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
Lost_Izalith wrote:
Also, as an aside, when are we going to quit bashing Bendir as "the place where people stand and do nothing?" Because it isn't. It's the place people stand because it's active. Standing around and chatting, believe it or not, is still RP. Not all RP has to be world-shifting or event-driven. Sometimes it's just socializing and talking about what's been going on. Developing a personal story for the character and developing his or her relationships. It's not a negative thing, nor has it ever been. Bendir isn't sucking the life out of the server, it's all the life the server has left in it. Don't just complain it's there. Make an effort to join and start something, and don't get butthurt if no one wants to.


And that. I like Social RP almost more than all this saving the world stuff. I even like more Mundane stuff more than "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... AGAIN!"-Stuff.
I think that all this antagonism between characters is so awesome. The whole thing with Peraga and Wilfire for example. Shit is cash.
Ember is suddenly Peragas sister. Fucking grand!
Budly is beeing an annoying The poster of this message wanted to use a vulgar word. We apologize on their behalf. and Peraga has to intervene before someone kills him (Probably rightfully so). Awesome!
Rosary throws acid at innocent bystanders! Yaaaay!

And most of all: BRAIN PROBLEMS! WHOOP WHOOP!


And Elwyn just stands there like Bitch is cray cray.

_________________
Warlord Elwyn Sabel | Necromaster Laura Jarshall


 
      
Mavrixio
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 0:41 AM 



Player

Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Lutra wrote:
Dark Immolation wrote:

Has any headway been made on gateway thing?


Only that it is far more complicated than we imagined!

It is a NWNX plugin that makes the 1.69 server able to speak to the NWN:EE client. It is available on Linux: http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528 and shouldn't be too hard to port to Windows, I can help if interested.


 
      
Budly
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 1:46 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Hin Town

Mavrixio wrote:
Lutra wrote:
Dark Immolation wrote:

Has any headway been made on gateway thing?


Only that it is far more complicated than we imagined!

It is a NWNX plugin that makes the 1.69 server able to speak to the NWN:EE client. It is available on Linux: http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528 and shouldn't be too hard to port to Windows, I can help if interested.


That is cool dude. :) I think this is really good news!

_________________
Sometimes it's the journey that makes it worth it, other times it is the goal.


 
      
RaveN
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 15:42 PM 

User avatar

Administrative Developer

Joined: 08 Jun 2010

Mavrixio wrote:
Lutra wrote:
Dark Immolation wrote:

Has any headway been made on gateway thing?


Only that it is far more complicated than we imagined!

It is a NWNX plugin that makes the 1.69 server able to speak to the NWN:EE client. It is available on Linux: http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528 and shouldn't be too hard to port to Windows, I can help if interested.


I'm sure you'd be making alot of people happy if you built a win x64 dll that was compatible with the 1.69 nwserver nwnx2?

_________________
a.k.a. Audrey Zinata


 
      
Mavrixio
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 18:53 PM 



Player

Joined: 20 Apr 2018

RaveN wrote:
I'm sure you'd be making alot of people happy if you built a win x64 dll that was compatible with the 1.69 nwserver nwnx2?

That's the idea but I don't know any other server that would use it so I would like a confirmation that it will be used and someone will be able to integrate it... before spending hours to do the port. The easiest way to contact me is on discord, I am on the Sinfar one: https://discord.gg/hEn6y9W or the official NWN one.


 
      
RaveN
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 18:58 PM 

User avatar

Administrative Developer

Joined: 08 Jun 2010

Mavrixio wrote:
RaveN wrote:
I'm sure you'd be making alot of people happy if you built a win x64 dll that was compatible with the 1.69 nwserver nwnx2?

That's the idea but I don't know any other server that would use it so I would like a confirmation that it will be used and someone will be able to integrate it... before spending hours to do the port. The easiest way to contact me is on discord, I am on the Sinfar one: https://discord.gg/hEn6y9W or the official NWN one.


After I'm home from work today, I will join the discord. If you convert this code so it can be used, I personally assure you that I will work with you to help Amia integrate this solution and debug any issues that may arise.

Can fork it here too: https://github.com/ravenmyst

_________________
a.k.a. Audrey Zinata


 
      
Naivatkal
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 2:56 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 May 2010

I fucking love you both. Especially RaveN *WINK WONK*

But no, really, you guys are awesome for looking at this.

_________________
Current Characters:
Zane
Jacen Mercer
Lucious Kraven
Mariah
Meloh
Zrae'a'stra'fryn


If you ever have an issue with something IC, bring it up to me IG or PM me here.


 
      
Revak
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 19:21 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Location: Inside a Magic Bag full of True Strike Potions

You're doing the Lord's work, RaveN and Mavrixio.

But seriously, thank you!

Image

_________________
Image
Thanks, Boots!


 
      
Duskryn
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 22:46 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Location: Monterey, CA

Is Amia swapping over to EE? If so, what is going to be done with the haks?

_________________
"You are still willing to do these things? After all he is your father."

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."


 
      
Dark Immolation
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 23:39 PM 

User avatar

Tester

Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Location: The downeaster "Alexa"

In a nutshell, swapping over would take literal days of dev time and effort that we do not have at this point, and would still be much of a gamble, judging from the current EE numbers. What we are currently investigating is a "gateway" server that would allow people with EE to log onto Amia through the new Beamdog client. Nothing is happening to our HAKs.

_________________
Image
You think Magic is your ally... but you merely adopted the Art. He was born in it. Molded by it.
Sometimes, an angel is simply a devil with better intentions.


 
      
Duskryn
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 23:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Location: Monterey, CA

cool stuff

_________________
"You are still willing to do these things? After all he is your father."

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."


 
      
Imperial Knight
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2018, 18:48 PM 



Player

Joined: 25 Apr 2018

Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Love me some Amia, but a lot of old school Nwn's buddies are trying to restart up a Wheel of Time server based on the book's by Robert Jordan on EE. I stopped playing there because the servers either died out or became Ghost Town's. I have really high hopes for this new one, especially since the book's are going to be turned into a TV Series and i think that alone will bolster numbers through the roof. My time on Amia my be near an end. :(

Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch


 
      
Budly
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2018, 19:08 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Hin Town

http://steamcharts.com/app/704450

It is not that bad going to be honest. It seems it rises still.

_________________
Sometimes it's the journey that makes it worth it, other times it is the goal.


 
      
TheCortroy
 
PostPosted: Sun, May 20 2018, 21:09 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Location: With my [AK]-47

RaveN wrote:
Mavrixio wrote:
RaveN wrote:
I'm sure you'd be making alot of people happy if you built a win x64 dll that was compatible with the 1.69 nwserver nwnx2?

That's the idea but I don't know any other server that would use it so I would like a confirmation that it will be used and someone will be able to integrate it... before spending hours to do the port. The easiest way to contact me is on discord, I am on the Sinfar one: https://discord.gg/hEn6y9W or the official NWN one.


After I'm home from work today, I will join the discord. If you convert this code so it can be used, I personally assure you that I will work with you to help Amia integrate this solution and debug any issues that may arise.

Can fork it here too: https://github.com/ravenmyst


Was there any thoughts or progression on this? I've heard of Arelith having an upwards of 200 players on it at times. I'd love to see some potential new players. If there is anything I could do also, please don't hesitate to contact me.

_________________
Named self proclaimed badass, Cortroy awards 2015


 
      
Duskryn
 
PostPosted: Sun, May 20 2018, 22:42 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Location: Monterey, CA

I hope so it would be great

_________________
"You are still willing to do these things? After all he is your father."

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."


 
      
chefwudan
 
PostPosted: Mon, May 21 2018, 1:25 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL

If I can do anything to facilitate the move or whatever to get the people here, let me know. I am at your disposal. I've messed around with the toolset making areas before, but have zero coding skills. I even have a replica of the Old Bendir dale, including every tree, rock and hill.


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group