View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 22:58 PM 

Player

What is the ADT survey? We're looking for you guys to lend your opinions to how you play on Amia, which we will use to help focus upcoming updates to Amia. From these questions, we can get an idea of what it is you guys are looking for and from this we can make sure we're putting all our effort in to content you guys want to see.

Just click the link above to get started!

NOTE: Examples and ideas that are suggested in this survey are not confirmed to be happening and are subject to being cut depending on dev process.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 15 2018, 6:51 AM 

Player

Thanks for the responses so far guys, this is going to run until the 25th, where I'll compile results and feedback you guys some stuff.

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 15 2018, 10:19 AM 

Player

Just a note for a rather rude message I got via the survey, the EE port has nothing to do with this survey and is something we are actively working on. Telling us to just "move to EE for god's sake" isn't helpful. Please refer to the EE thread in General Discussion for progress and discussion.

when met"

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 23 2018, 0:55 AM 

Player

Not sure if the responses are anonymous, but a lot of my responses had to be "doesn't care" or whatever the neutral response was.

I have never had an epic character, thus, I cannot answer those questions. So, if my name is attached to one, please bare that in mind while reading the responses.

Thanks

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:12 PM 

Player

Poll closes tomorrow!

when met"

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 23 2018, 13:58 PM 

Player

Will we get to see the results?

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 25 2018, 19:23 PM 

Player

Yep! Posting tomorrow hopefully!

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 9:12 AM 

Player

ADT Survey results!

From question 1 it is quite obvious a lot of the people playing have been playing for a long time.

ADT action: We will aim to keep things fresh and interesting for our playerbase as playing for this amount of time may become tedious in terms of what we can provide.

From question 2 we can see the majority of you guys see yourself as primary RPers, prioritising your RP over most mechanical aspects.

ADT action: This will help balance what we want to provide people in terms of rewards, new content and future areas we may wish to implement.

From question 3 we can see most of you guys are satisified with our bug response times.

ADT action: Continue to see if we can push to get bugs solved faster, though if we continue at the rate we are, players see our response times as average.

From question 4 there's a clear trend in people using the Job system to add additional things to their character, which upon leading to question 5...

... shows there's a keen desire for Job system improvement. It is something we are already looking in to, though this will help focus our efforts. The scale on this graph is basically 2 is a complete neutral reaction, though the closer to 3 we are the more you guys want it. As you can see, the only one to dip below a neutral response is removing old job system jobs.

ADT action: We'll continue to look in to the Job system. We're trying to look and understand the complex scripts currently to revert to the old XP cap, though from this we can hopefully learn how to create new content. This graph will help with our direction when this happens.

Question 6, coupled with question 1, shows that obviously with time people will not only be playing the game with maxed characters but ultimately may enjoy it more. While there's quite an even trend from 1-29, the majority of our players enjoy the endgame aspects.

ADT action: Provide new content that appeals to level 30s when possible. We will not starve the 1-29 bracket of new content aimed for them, but there is a clear preference to being a level 30 character.

Question 7 provided a very strange trend. There's a clear divide in people who are comfortable soloing and those who are not. There's a gap between being able to solo nearly every boss + requiring a party for big bosses and struggling to solo or even kill a boss solo at all, with the least votes going in to the neutral category.

ADT action: Possibly think of new boss mechanics that certain builds can attempt to kill/loot. While we should not strive away from encouraging party play, some people may struggle to reach endgame items without partying, which may become a chore for players who play during quiet hours.

And lastly, the big one:

A good portion of these suggestions aren't planned, though it is evident from the already going-on class fluffing that you guys enjoy it and it may be something we can pour our efforts more in to.

Linking in to question 7, you guys want a skills-based dungeon, encouraging for certain skills and classes to be encouraged to be pivotal to the party as opposed to meatshields.

A lot of you want a new HAK pack, which is something we're not overly surprised with. While it may digress from the thread, the HAK pack would take a monumental effort let alone resourcing what we'd want to put in to it. With the desire for it so high, it may be something we invest some efforts in to soon, though I would very much like to make a thread explaining why HAK packs are an issue for those who don't know.

Player-owned boats was one I must admit I personally surprised to see above a lot of other suggestions. I have a framework in mind for performing this, though I am happy to see it received a lot of positive feedback. We will look in to this in the future.

The highest scoring expansion is the Sword Coast idea, which is not a surprise as we've had 3 plots very recently all involve settlements on the Sword Coast one way or another. While a full-on expansion would take a lot of effort (such as the Serpent Isle and Demonreach) we can discuss what we might potentially do. While typically "canon" settlements have not been actively included in the module in the past, it is an open possibility.

Epic items unique to bosses. It was an idea that would encourage people to fight certain bosses that aren't particularly popular, such as the bound omni-elemental. The idea is to, alongside the 5/100 epic table chance as well as their own Flawless Mythal chance to provide a new drop rate of, just as a random number, 1/100 of an item unique to that boss being dropped. This means there may be coveted items that can only be obtained from one boss which will encourage endgame diversity.

Hard modes of Amia Dungeons was one of the many on-the-spot ideas just to gauge interest. An idea was basically a placeable, such as a gong, you click on and verify you want to run the dungeon on a tougher difficulty. We have some really cool dungeon designs and I know a lot of players have grown up on the server with their favourites. The idea of being able to run the Blood Moon Dungeon with a perilous confrontation at the end is one of many that could happen. While this choice serves as the middle-point in terms of priority we have from this survey, it is "relatively easy" (in terms of actual development time) to implement.

I'm going to be honest, when I added this in I expected it dead last. Double XP events was an idea based on some other small communities I personally interact with (A Phantasy Star Online server I play on does them now and again) which have shown that these events can draw in a lot of players being online. It eases some stress (1 hour spent grinding on these days obviously equating to 2 hours spent outside of it) which when people take breaks during their hunts, means we get more people RPing. This is not so much of an ADT question but more of a DM one. It is something we can bring to the team and discuss and find a tasteful way to potentially implement, as well as it being a fair one.

I'm going to group the last 4 as one, as the other expansion ideas all fared quite badly overall. The Shadow Plane one was originally one of the leading ideas, though fell in popularity as the survey went on. Underdark was a bit surprising, though there may be a playerbase factor of the Underdark community being very quiet these days which may have lead to its falls. The Nexus was 2nd to last, which is a question I'm going to be putting in to the next survey asking if this is to do more with the current state of the area as opposed to the idea of simply expanding that area in particular. Lastly, we have the Korinn Archipelago expansion. I will be following this up to, to engage why it received a lack of popularity, though I have reason to believe it was simply extending Demonreach's PvP rules over.

As a note, you are welcome to discuss your opinions to ideas here however these will be asked in a future survey, so I do encourage that any of these opinions you wish to expand your answers on, you may wait for the next survey which won't be too far from being made.

Question 9, the final question, asked which updates did you guys like of 2018. Amarice's Epic Item overhaul which happened in the latter end of 2017 was by far one of the most popular choices as well as Demonreach which also came out in 2017. The only 2018 idea that was actively mentioned was the Class Fluffing overhaul. While we do not take this as a lack of quality being delivered in 2018, we believe that simply the former two have offered players new content that they can thoroughly enjoy.

Overall, the ADT will look through these results and discuss upcoming updates and we can get started on some project ideas. I'd like to personally thank everyone who has taken part and if you see idea(s) that you personally like/love that aren't doing too well in these results, nothing that has been mentioned has been explicitly confirmed to be happening nor has it be confirmed to be scrapped.

when met"

Bag of Felt

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 9:39 AM 

DM

I had a hard time answering Q2 and Q6 - because I like variety, and what I like to do depends on my mood. One of the reasons I like NWN to begin with is because even if you build just a simple straight unaltered character, NWN gives you a vast way to build it. That you have made additional races/classes available makes this an even more enjoyable place to play. Some have known me to sit and RP for hours on end, and others have seen me just fight and do little else. I get bored if I do any one thing for too long. Usually I build a new character, approaching areas I am familiar with in a different way. BTW, I still haven't seen the whole server. VAST.

I commend your team.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:44 AM 

Player

Two things I find interesting, are actually more about the way the survey was set up. (And I don't know a better way to do it, but maybe a way can be thought of for a potential next time)
I think a survey was a really great idea, however, I feel many of the questions weren't exclusive. The biggest example was Q8, and I think that's why it has the response it has. At 13 answers, stacked on 61 players who answered, there's around 4.6 players per answer. That means it's a bit tough to get any real message from it. Perhaps you could take the top answer as "most wanted", but I feel like the way it is now, it's hard to tell how "unwanted" the lower answers are. I don't remember what I voted, to be honest, but there's a few I would think are really cool, and a few I really dislike, personally.
And I feel like that came in large part from the way it was set up. Admittedly, I might be biased here, and I can imagine it was tough to guess how many players would answer the survey, but I'd suggest giving the players either multiple votes, or fewer answers to the poll. As it is, making a choice based on a difference of less that 1% in the answers seems a bit tough.

Personally, I also find it interesting how less than half of everyone here is here purely and completely for the RP of one single, or very few, main(s). :D

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 11:35 AM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
The biggest example was Q8, and I think that's why it has the response it has. At 13 answers, stacked on 61 players who answered, there's around 4.6 players per answer.

I'm clearing this up quick before it's taken as truth because your math is completely wrong here Robbi.

Each player had to vote on each of the 13 answers unless they skipped, which no one did, which means each potential update had 61 answers per question.

Not only that, none of this survey has thresholds or exact number quotas. It was to get the feel of the "overall server". No survey was going to completely and accurately get how every player feels nor will every module update.

But just to clarify:

robbi320 wrote:
but I'd suggest giving the players either multiple votes, or fewer answers to the poll.

You did and you had to, you yourself voted on every one of the 13 options on question 8.

So tl;dr: There's actually 793 individual answers to question 8, with 61 votes per option.

when met"

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 11:54 AM 

Player

Apologies, then. I apparently don't understand the way the poll is done, then, and it doesn't seem as simple as I had thought at first.

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 11:58 AM 

Player

It's ok! I'll at least explain

So for question 8 you had 3 options, which were "I don't want this in-game", "Neutral" and "I want this in-game"

I don't want this was worth 1 point
Neutral was worth 2 points
And I want this was 3 points

When you voted you basically gave it points, so this means if all 61 people said they didn't want it, it would have precisely 1 point overall

So basically anything that was 2 points or over we thought was "people do want this" but we won't take it as "this is how it will be conceived".

So on average, of the 61 people sample, you can see who wanted what the most.

when met"

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:10 PM 

Player

Ah. Apparently, my memory is more terribad than I remembered... (duh)

In that case, I understand the conclusion you took from the results, then.
I do think the way the website displays the results is weird, and I has assumed it was percentages. (Which, I hadn't checked the math for, and just assumed)

The Doctor

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2018, 15:20 PM 

Player

As someone who has been here since 2007 I am greatly joyed about this thread and the work the Dev team is doing and will continue to do. KUDOS to you guys!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]