View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Sasha1989

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2009, 10:16 AM 

Player

Hey! erm as far as I know there hasn't been a big happening in the server meaning all our characters gone in Amia A has there?

The reason I ask this is that in Amia B my characters come up on my log in screen and I can select whom I want, but with Amia A when I wait for them to load up, they dont, I can see the server info and the player list who are on the server but my characters never load up, it would not be a lag thing because I have tried a few times but still no loading with them, I tried to log in about 5mins ago of this Post with Mogleab, but it was right when the server hit a reset I think, can anyone help me out in what to do?

Many thanks and regards!

Sash! xxxx

Torzeng

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2009, 18:12 PM 

Player

You're logging successfully into the server, but the character selection is not loading or not displaying correctly?

If I understood correctly, I've seen this problem myself. Usually it occures when I get a delay in logging into the Master Server, of if the Amia Server is at 64/65 and I'm likely to be competing to get that last slot. I don't really know the cause. The best I've been able to do is click back out to NWN's title screen and re-log into both Master Server and try Amia again. Usually clears it up with one or two tries.

Cori

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2009, 21:26 PM 

Player

In my experience, this happens when you spam direct connect, and have accidentally hit "cancel" while the direct connect was still in conversation with the server (ie/ it hasn't yet said server is full in the messages that come up).

If you do this, frequently, your next attempt to direct connect (or one of the next few attempts) will succeed, and it's then quite common for either 1-your character list to not show up, or 2-you successfully log in on a chosen character, and are then booted within 10-15 seconds.

If you do successfully log in, and are then subsequently booted, it is almost a guarantee that your next successful log in, your characters will not show. Often this will affect several consecutive log in attempts.

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2009, 21:43 PM 

Player

I usually get the second one. I've found that closing the game down and re-opening it will help.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 01 2009, 2:48 AM 

Player

Cori wrote:
In my experience, this happens when you spam direct connect, and have accidentally hit "cancel" while the direct connect was still in conversation with the server (ie/ it hasn't yet said server is full in the messages that come up).

If you do this, frequently, your next attempt to direct connect (or one of the next few attempts) will succeed, and it's then quite common for either 1-your character list to not show up, or 2-you successfully log in on a chosen character, and are then booted within 10-15 seconds.

If you do successfully log in, and are then subsequently booted, it is almost a guarantee that your next successful log in, your characters will not show. Often this will affect several consecutive log in attempts.

Ding ding, we haz a winner.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 01 2009, 9:50 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

Happens to me all the time. I've noticed that it happens most frequently when A-mia is quite full (Over 50). The character load up times out.

Wait till it's a bit quiter, on a weekday even, and try again. A-mia has become unfriendly to anyone on a 56k or low end computer recently.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Sasha1989

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 01 2009, 10:48 AM 

Player

Gave it a day and it works now, thanks all...can be locked now! :)

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:13 AM 

Player

*Lock*

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]