View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Brighti

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 13:58 PM 

Player

Okay, Since i was thinking of making a new character i was going to ask for any ideas some have. However also i thought what are the specifications to join certain 'groups'. EG Race, attitude, gods.

Also one other thing i thought i'd ask because in all my time playing ive never seen one. Is there not a mercenary group? Because if not, why not?

Current:
Lekssctun Krzlic
Makast Thix, The Rabbit

Kjetta

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 14:00 PM 

Player

You have the Order of The Flaming Blade, which are followers of Tempus and Mercenaries.

herkles

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 16:59 PM 

Player

winya is well for elves of all subraces save for the drow. Any sort of attitude is tolerated, save for those that love drow and other things elves see as evil, orcish races, goblioniods, drow, teiflings and so on. The elves worship the Salderine, the elven panthon lead by Correllon Latherian.

QPR

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 17:06 PM 

Player

Then again, the elves of winy (IC'ly) has their heads stuck too far up their own behinds to be able to see what really is evil and not, and thats why I love the Winya elves :D

You could make a half elf, sure they are crappy statwise, but all the more fun to play if you want a legitime reason to bash elves for their arrogance, and still come out as the good guy :P

Aside from that i guess allmost anything goes... Triadic Knights seem quite active if you want to play a paladin

Pony

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 17:27 PM 

Player

---

Last edited by Pony on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.

herkles

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 17:36 PM 

Player

I also would like to say the eternal order, and the brogs are neat groups. I haven't played with them that much but from what I have seen they are very good and that they are true to their group's idea, ie being dwarfy and being anti undead.

Winya is for elves, half-elves, and fey. and yes, we are trying to be like a real elven town which means that things that elves hate, ie orcs, drow, fiendish races and tieflings, undead and so on are actually hated for the most part.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 0:31 AM 

Player

My suggestion is to make a character, not a faction member.

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 0:34 AM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

TormakSaber wrote:
My suggestion is to make a character, not a faction member.

That.

You have more leeway when it comes to character development. If you start one having in mind the goal of entering a specific faction, the RP might not be as natural as it would be if you were not thinking about it in the first place.

I learned it the right way. Molded a character OOC to fit a faction, but when I got the character there, it all felt too... forced.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Ramika

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 0:36 AM 

Player

Kjetta wrote:
You have the Order of The Flaming Blade, which are followers of Tempus and Mercenaries.

As someone who helped create the Flaming Blade, I can say they were honestly not originally meant to be mercs.

Anywho.

Yeah. Don't create a character for a faction, create a character for fun. If you -find- a faction, groovy. But, you can set yourself up for loss of interest and boredom if you do a faction specific character.

(Also. No one mentioned the Cordor Guard.)

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 0:44 AM 

Player

Ramika wrote:
Yeah. Don't create a character for a faction, create a character for fun. If you -find- a faction, groovy. But, you can set yourself up for loss of interest and boredom if you do a faction specific character.

(Also. No one mentioned the Cordor Guard.)

Yes, because being a Codrod Guard is no fun.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]