View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
chefwudan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 20:44 PM 

Player

1) I was just curious if there were still plans to make an Amia 2 or if it is already out... I haven't seen a module listed for it so I assume no.

2) Bendir Dale - as a large RP mecca I have come to notice Bendir is one of the smallest (in physical size) city/towns on Amia. What is the possibility of it getting Plus-Sized to accomidate the rather large population boom or halflings across Amia. I was thinking something along the lines of Winya, Kohl, the Grove; where they have their own map/area that is entered through a transition. I don't frequent those areas alot I admit, but there never seems to be anyone around 'when' I do, yet Bendir usually has some hin around. I not asking to reinvent the wheel, but maybe to just add more outskirts like some of the new little houses added outside the Dale, that can be rented like on B-mia.

any thoughts?? feel free to respond

Pony

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 20:51 PM 

Player

---

Last edited by Pony on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

-Cloak-and-Dagger-

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 21:19 PM 

Player

I think the best thing about Bendir Dale is its small size.

It's impossible to miss any other characters who may be around there if yours pay it a visit. I reckon its a lot more condusive to creating interaction between characters than larger cities where its easy to miss others.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 21:32 PM 

Player

Phearnun wrote:
1 - Amia 2 is being build, we even have a whole forum for that.

Is it a seperate Forum? I haven't noticed it.

Phearnun wrote:
2 - The booming population are 10-50 regular halfling players. The player size hardly matters considering its the size of the npc population that mostly influences the size and town/city/village/shrine/etc. Cordor has a population listing of 29,204 and Winya 1,800 on the amia wiki. I would guess Bendir as a town and not a city mabey has a one to two hundred npc residents in it living in it.

Well i was kinda referring to the PC and NPC population not the players, well as many hin i've met i'd say there has to be at least 200 PC residents, albeit not all actively and we've had some RP to cleanse the northern area to expand, so to speak. I was thinking of the area being more farmland oriented actually, like the area west of kohl that has the little farming areas. The general area where the population would reside is fine the size it is, but to have like a rural outskirts of a few farmhouses or whatnot.

Just a thought though. My opinion alone won't change anything :)

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 21:34 PM 

Player

Size wise I like Bendir the way it is. I also think the overall design is well done.

Now, there are some areas of the current Bendir map that aren't being utilized fully and tend to be empty. ICly there are a number of Hin who would like to change that for various reasons. I'd like to think that if enough RP and player activity went towards changing certain aspects of the current map, that it would be looked upon favorably by the staff and Dev team.

Yurell

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 21:40 PM 

Player

maglorine wrote:
Size wise I like Bendir the way it is. I also think the overall design is well done.

That

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

Dramatic_Prince

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 21:51 PM 

Player

maglorine wrote:
Now, there are some areas of the current Bendir map that aren't being utilized fully and tend to be empty. ICly there are a number of Hin who would like to change that for various reasons. I'd like to think that if enough RP and player activity went towards changing certain aspects of the current map, that it would be looked upon favorably by the staff and Dev team.

We're not doing enough yet?
Let's get on to the next step then :D

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 22:17 PM 

Player

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=47

Everything Amia 2 ^

Laika-Unknown

Dev Disco

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 22:38 PM 

HRM Chicken I of Amia

Bendir may look small, it's one of the largest areas in size and makes my toolset puke. So many props.

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 22:50 PM 

Player

I like Bendir being small also. If the walls are expanded, I would expect it would only reach the forest line to the North and that's about it. We're kinda close to the Forest, there isn't much to expand without making Druids really mad ;) especially us hardcore Silvanites! :D

hendrack

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:06 PM 

Player

Need more place for benches with three ppl on it? :wink: Old Bendir was bigger IIRC, at least it appeared not so crowded without the wall.

Dramatic_Prince

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:08 PM 

Player

I was thinking more in line of expanding residences and farmlands to the North lands. A good place to incorporate the new job system NPCs and stuff too.

Basin

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:16 PM 

Player

More expansion? Ye dont need it!

Characters:
Basin Eletharion
Dar't Shadowflame

Halen_Van

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:19 PM 

Player

Could put more tilled land out and around. Farms were rarely inside the walls of a city, and often the first thing ravaged/salvaged/raided by invaders.

Dervish

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:35 PM 

Player

maglorine wrote:

Agreed.
I know there's RP going on with the vacant northern areas, and it'd be nice to get some farming areas and homes there. I'm sure it'll happen before long.

Slig

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:54 PM 

Player

Yurell wrote:
maglorine wrote:

That

What she said.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 2:34 AM 

Player

Halen_Van wrote:
Could put more tilled land out and around.

This is what i was kinda leaning toward

Dramatic_Prince

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 3:07 AM 

Player

The thing about the Dale is we have burrows. We can expand underground as well.

Teufel Eldritch

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 5:33 AM 

Player

Dev Disco wrote:
Bendir may look small, it's one of the largest areas in size and makes my toolset puke. So many props.
IMO you could remove some of the props. No need for the benches outside the walls for example. Sure, sure we all like to sit on them but are they really needed? The only benches that are really needed are the ones around the well. Some of the campfires could go too. What about the table & chairs behind Kibs? No one ever sits in them. *shrugs*

Basin

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 10 2009, 11:10 AM 

Player

If you remove those benches someones bound to moan/complain, Bendir is never "Fine how it is" with you lot.

Characters:
Basin Eletharion
Dar't Shadowflame

Teufel Eldritch

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 6:53 AM 

Player

Basin wrote:
If you remove those benches someones bound to moan/complain, Bendir is never "Fine how it is" with you lot.
It's not just the people of Bendir that do that. Everyone does. Anytime -anything- changes someone cries. So ummm...nyeh! *sticks tounge out*

Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 8:38 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I've not liked Bendir since it was bulldozed and walled up. Hasn't had the same cosy look it once had.

But I'm one of a few and I don't RP in the Dale so my opinion matters very little.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

The Cobbit

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 9:11 AM 

Player

Bendir is small because the residents are small.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 9:14 AM 

Player

^ Best answer here.

I like Bendir Dales size. Its nice and manageable. Its one of the only places that has a nice cozy feeling to it. Don't take that away. :(

Hexx_stonebeard

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 9:42 AM 

Player

ohh come on ....let the poor wittle guys stretch their tiny twig like legs, just stack a few empty ale kegs together lash em tagether Tada! room for three families of nine! their like cats i tell you ... and... *leans in* don't tell anyone i told you this but they all have that sweetberry dust just under their noses.. *nods* ye hear what im sayin? if ye toss a whole one in front of a group of em.. its like a tiny tornado made of arms and teeth.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 10:05 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

Galenson wrote:
I've not liked Bendir since it was bulldozed and walled up. Hasn't had the same cosy look it once had.

But I'm one of a few and I don't RP in the Dale so my opinion matters very little.

It's not as welcoming as it once was. Now it reminds me of a mini cordor.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 11:18 AM 

Player

Hexx_stonebeard wrote:
ohh come on ....let the poor wittle guys stretch their tiny twig like legs, just stack a few empty ale kegs together lash em tagether Tada! room for three families of nine! their like cats i tell you ... and... *leans in* don't tell anyone i told you this but they all have that sweetberry dust just under their noses.. *nods* ye hear what im sayin? if ye toss a whole one in front of a group of em.. its like a tiny tornado made of arms and teeth.

Nay, them be the fey! Wrong race! You're racist! Nazi! :wink:

Yurell

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 12:19 PM 

Player

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
^ Best answer here.

I like Bendir Dales size. Its nice and manageable. Its one of the only places that has a nice cozy feeling to it. Don't take that away. :(

That

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]