View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 0:48 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I've always treated Dominate spells from an RP standpoint that it works like Dire Charm:

Not like "I'm now your master do what I say!"

More like "I'm now your friend, help me out please!"

That way the character's concience and morales still apply (Paladins can't unquestioningly smush an innocent child or a wizard won't run into melee half naked) but they temporarily see the caster as a close friend who they'd unquestioningly protect as opposed to being a mindflayer thrall with half a brain.

Ofcourse my view -isn't- accurate but it makes a domination scenario a bit easier and more enjoyable for both caster and victim by introducing a bit of skill. The caster needs to think why he dominated his target and needs to deal with both the strengths AND weaknesses of the victim rather then treating it like a zombie and pointing in the direction it wants it to shuffle.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2