View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 8:37 AM 

Player

If you are 1 level short of taking a Prestige Class, you might want to delay taking that level, wait until you see me log on as a DM, and ask me to run a little event tailored to bring some Prestige to your Prestige Class.
I'd be more than happy to.

You can send me PM with specific ideas, but I can just as well wing it on the spot.

Examples:

An envent involving a black guard "signing his deal with the devil", in which he's promised endless power at the cost of the life of his loved one.

An event involving a RDD doing his first successful ritual on the path to unlock his draconic powers, with guards busting in the doors just as he's to complete the ritual.

A fighter journeying on top of the skull crags with just his weapon, to "becoming one with it", aspiring to become a Weapon Master.

PS. To be quite frank, this is the sort of thing you should be bugging us about constantly, but nobody does. All you ever request is ponies and cookies, and it's driving me mad.

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 8:48 AM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

Bah... should've told us earlier.

slkNihilus and I were trying to find a DM when Auron was starting on his path to BGness.

EDIT: I'm gonna keep this in mind, though, if I ever take another PrC again. ;)

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Stealth_Vicious

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 8:49 AM 

Player

ok first off love this, but i have thought and kind of been told by, that DM's don't like doing the one on one quest like deals, so is this a misconception i have?

and second, should this only be done if you plan to take the full levels in the class? using your Rdd example, i have a character that i would love to use for such a thing but hes not going full only like 5 or 6 levels,but none the less i like to rp it and use it

Lance Elliot Honestfellow The 3rd -The Scoundrel
Serwin of The Bloodfire Clan -The Bloodfire Dwarf
Solace -The Tainted Ranger
Weir- The Archer Hireling

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 8:55 AM 

Player

Quote:
ok first off love this, but i have thought and kind of been told by, that DM's don't like doing the one on one quest like deals, so is this a misconception i have?

Bah! That's bullshit. We love doing little personalized quests *if we have the time*, and we have something to work off of, and most importantly, if you aren't going to jump down our throat because it doesn't go the way you want.

Kjetta totally stole this idea from me btw >.>

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 8:59 AM 

Player

Stealth_Vicious wrote:

It's better if there's more people, but why not bring some IC friends along for the ride. But tbh, there's many windows of opurtunity for solo quests as well.

Quote:
and second, should this only be done if you plan to take the full levels in the class? using your Rdd example, i have a character that i would love to use for such a thing but hes not going full only like 5 or 6 levels,but none the less i like to rp it and use it

At the very least, if it's a toss up between this char and a more determined RDD, I will choose the 10 RDD. And I strongly recommend making a cooler character, anything less than 10 RDD is a bit ...meh; you're either a guy who's so obsessed with his draconic heritage that he did loads of rituals to unlock it, drastically changing his appearance to become soemthig of a freak and then...he lost his obsession half-way? Or he failed?

Even if your build becomes weaker, the coolness and prestige of playing a proper, truly zealous Red Dragon Disciple will outweigh the cons, I assure you. ;)

Sakkran

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 9:01 AM 

Player

The coolness of this is unparalleled. Ron and Tormak pulled a pretty interesting tag-teaming DM event, when Delaran became a Champion of Angharradh.

Also known as: EmoPinata

Stealth_Vicious

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 9:19 AM 

Player

ok just to make yours guys end easier perhaps a request form for such a thing, and someone to pm to or somewhere to post it, having the character name, login name, prestige class, reasons for choosing, and a base idea for a quest? could be useful

and on the rdd thing i have ic reasons becoming one, and i have only 7 lvl's left to take so assuming i take one sorc or bard, i can muster 6 cause the characters a cleric first and foremost, and thats part of the established rp for getting rdd lol

Lance Elliot Honestfellow The 3rd -The Scoundrel
Serwin of The Bloodfire Clan -The Bloodfire Dwarf
Solace -The Tainted Ranger
Weir- The Archer Hireling

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 9:38 AM 

Player

There's no need for a form, just grab us when we're DM-side. We're quite good at this and have a ton of tools available to us, we can make magic happen on the spot.

When I bash less-than-10 RDDs, it's my personal un-educated opinion (RDD-wise), and should be treated as such.

But for me, personally, there's almost no better way to make a character that I will forget the instant it's no longer on my screen as to roll up sp,e cleric/rdd/bard with pure black armor and that ninja-styled helmet everybody and their mother is using.

QPR

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 10:26 AM 

Player

Say you have allready taken a few levels in the prestige class, could we still bug you to sort of... lead us into a more "devoted" path? Specifically I got an half-elf who just started the AA path that could need some love.

Valygar 'Stonesnake' Stark -Human Ranger
Garret Smith - Archer and peddler of deity-statuettes
Dáin Saltbeard - Dwarven sailor and fencer. No, I'm not joking.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 10:58 AM 

Player

The purpose of this thread was twofold:

1) An idea: why don't you request an event for yourself just before taking a PRC.

2) A reminder: hey, seriously, when I announce my presence as a DM, you can do better than:

"Can I have a cookie? ^^"

"You suck balls!"

"<3!"

"There is some asshat crafting in Cordor East! "

"Can I have a pony? :D"

"Can I get a billion DCs? :D"

"I need a relevel, do you know a good build for sorcerer/RDD/Paladin?"

"Can I get a Vorpal Greatsword?^_^"

As much as I appreciate your inconditional love, it would be nice to earn at times. :) Make a proper request, like: "Hey, can I use a rope and explore that cravice in the Frozen Wastes Cave?"

If you did this, you would be competing with almost nobody else. It's super rare that it happens. If you want to do something with your Arcane Archer, it's just to request it.

Mind, we do get a lot of requests come in the form of massive PMs, often with a script as to how the event should unfold etc, that are much more hard to follow up on, because there's timezones and RL in the way.

My protip for the day: Request something to a DM on the fly when he's/she's on the client that's something between a pony and a scripted play of 200 pages. You'd be golden, and, hopefully, you'll have a blast.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:16 AM 

Player

Kjetta wrote:
2) A reminder: hey, seriously, when I announce my presence as a DM, you can do better than:

"<3!"

FINE BE THAT WAY.

herkles

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:25 AM 

Player

this is neat, I will remember this when I take a prestige class. Having more quests tailored to what a charachter is, is a good thing so I love this idea. I do hope more things can be done like this. I do have a question though, could something like this be done for when you take epic in a class or is this just for prestige classes?

The only thing is some classes, don't have much lore for them, take Arcane Archer, I have looked and looked((even asked on candlekeep)) for information regarding it, and there was little to find. Though you could always make it up as well.

Sakkran

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:27 AM 

Player

That's the approach that I've taken with Garrett, though he tends to tailor his lessons to the spellcasting class that his student has.

Also known as: EmoPinata

aurelius311

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:56 AM 

Player

i always thought that i was like being greedy if i requested something like that. as in, who am i to bother a DM to do something just for me or my group.

[Kegs] Angry Dwarf
[Akly] Angry Halfling

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 12:11 PM 

Player

No, no, please be more greedy like that.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 13:41 PM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

I've made a few requests in the past for one on one stuff, usually get a silent reply or "sorry, busy". So I generally gave up.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

StandingBehindYou

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 14:46 PM 

Player

Selvec Darkon wrote:
I've made a few requests in the past for one on one stuff, usually get a silent reply or "sorry, busy".

Going on a tangent, I find it a lot more encouraging to get a reply of, "Sorry, busy" than to receive no response.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 14:52 PM 

Player

I can only speak for myself, but I really try my best to at least respond to every request on the DM channel. Granted, some do slip by me; sometimes you just feel like you're a guy with a bucket fighting the tide.

Lesquille

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 15:02 PM 

Player

Could I request a small-scale event like this, only for taking an epic spell such as Dragon Knight?

Born to a [wealth level] family, you spent your early years doing [early activity] in [town type]. Your father was [father status], while your mother was [mother status]. You left your homeland at the age of [chosen age], seeking [reason for leaving].

Silvarus

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 15:29 PM 

Player

Kjetta keeps being awesome.

Awesome.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 15:48 PM 

Player

Lesquille wrote:
Could I request a small-scale event like this, only for taking an epic spell such as Dragon Knight?

I can't speak for Kjetta, but I bet he would agree that things like that are what we're there for. My personal preference is exactly impromptu mini-events that weave into your character's story and every-day life, not scheduled, epic adventurers that could be a story on their own. Those are certainly great fun to participate in, but I don't have the talent and dedication to pull them off myself. So if I had the time and someone asked me to RP learning Dragon Knight, giving maybe a vague idea of how to do it but no script, I'd probably get on it right away.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Carter

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 16:06 PM 

Player

Pft. I tried to get Kjetta to do a personalized quest for Ky when he became a Champion of Corellon, but he threw me off to work it out IC with Aelin'ael! Now I am a furious ball of fury!

Dwagin

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 16:09 PM 

Player

LetumLux wrote:
Kjetta wrote:

"<3!"

FINE BE THAT WAY.

</3

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2009, 16:23 PM 

Player

Carter wrote:
Pft. I tried to get Kjetta to do a personalized quest for Ky when he became a Champion of Corellon, but he threw me off to work it out IC with Aelin'ael! Now I am a furious ball of fury!

I am not promising that I will run every requested quest; some times it will work out, other times, it won't. C'est la vie! But a lot more people should request this kind of stuff, and other stuff, like quests for the Dragon Knight spell. *Thumbs up to that.*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]