View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 12 2011, 5:19 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Yes folks, you read the title correctly. This is indeed an alternate beginnings thread, but of a different sort to what you're probably expecting; it is entirely player run, not DM sponsored.

Premise:

The advertising flyers around L'Obsul and the Underport are no new concept for you, having had to walk past them every cycle of your working life. This cycle is different though: on your way home from another monotonous shift, one of these flyers has caught your attention. The Obsidian Vanguard, a mercantile organisation that has situated itself in the mining settlement of L'Obsul is calling for those with an adventurous streak to explore the nearby caverns for natural resources and most importantly, drinkable water.

Deciding against your better judgement, you grab your handful of meager possessions and set out in search of excitement and danger that only the treacherous realm of the Underdark can offer.

Over time, there have been several complaints about the Underdark that always seem to pop up over and over:

a) If you're not a Drow, then you're alone for the majority of the time,

b) Due to the spread out nature of the Underdark, it is too hard to get off the ground,

c) That a lot of people have had interest in the Underdark, but due to a lack of any particular goals, have had no reason to commit their time. And finally,

d) There's not many quests in the Underdark to do which means there's no drive to explore it (for those inclined who like to do the quests.)

After thinking it over, I have realised that as a player I can address all of these issues without having to resort to DM or developer intervention; by helping people who are interested in giving the Underdark a go with a kick start, I can get them off their feet in hopes of them sticking around in the future.

PCs:

* I'm after players who would be interested in having (or currently have) an Underdark/subterranean toon from the following list of supported sub-races:

-Drow
-Duergar
-Orog
-Svirfneblin
-Goblin
-Kobold
-Shadow Elf
-Half Drow

I am also open for suggestion for other subraces (for example, Hob-Goblin or Half-Orc characters) provided you can justify to me via PM why you think they would be in the Underdark. Please understand that I reserve the right to deny your request if I so decide. Be warned now, that I will not accept any requests for active slave characters as those require DM permision and have strict rules that they must adhere to.

* The concept for your toon as hinted in the premise is that they have been a long term resident of either L'Obsul or Underport, having spent their entire life underground until now. Please note that your toon is not officially joining the Obsidian Vanguard, but working as freelance mercenaries for them.

* If your character needs DM permission (for example you want your Drow to be a member of House Zau'tar or you wish to play as a platinum race) then ensure you get DM approval before you create the character.

Details:

* Starting ECL range between 2 – 5 (to cater for different ECL adjustments)

* Your toon must be of Neutral or Evil alignments (Only Svirfneblin may be good aligned. If you desperately want a good aligned toon, PM me and we'll discuss it.)

* Your toon may be of any base class, except for Paladin. (If you desperately want a Paladin, PM me and we'll discuss it)

* Clerics, Druids and divinely gifted Rangers must select a deity from either:
- their race's pantheon
- a Demon Lord / Arch Devil or,
- a deity that you would expect to find worshiped in the Underdark. (for example Shar, Ghaunadar, Grumbar, Loviatar, Faluzure, etc.) If in doubt, PM me and we'll discuss it.

* If you're currently part of another Alternate Beginnings plot, I would ask in the principle of a fair go to refrain from applying.

How to get involved:

Simple, post your interest here! And your IC interest here!

What I will need though is a PM representing an application from your character, giving as much (or as little) IC information about your toon as you deem necessary. Character concepts and notes are recommended if you're unsure of something or require some input. Please title all PMs relating to this as “Alternate beginnings: Underdark.”

Most importantly, I need times that you are available so I can work out an optimal time in order to run this.

Roster:

-Yet to be filled out. Watch this space!-

Additional Notes:

If in doubt, PM me and we'll discuss it.

So... who'd be interested?

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]