View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next
Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 16:50 PM 

Player

Tarnus wrote:
Mushidoz wrote:
Not sure if it's been asked but... here goes!

In regular D&D, I believe those are actual feats you get for free when taking warlock. From what I understood, that is not the case here on Amia. Any reason for that? (just curious)

Balance, you still have the full set of bard spells on top.

Not arguing, but I assumed the bard spells represented the invokations that warlocks do not get here for obvious reason, thus the questioning.

Quote:
Bard spells aren't restricted - use them all you like! These represent Warlock invocations.

http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/warlock:eldritch-invocations

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Invocation

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 19:42 PM 

Player

Yes and no. They are supposed to represent the invocations. But since you can use all Bard spells, and restricting them (like "you may only use ones where Warlocks would get similar ones") is tough to enforce, you get to cast all of them.

For that reason, your balance needs to take that into account. You get some nice toys as attacks, but you lose bard song.

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 20 2018, 15:27 PM 

Player

Where can an evil monk purchase higher tier monk items in a shop? Barak Runedar has a racial gate that my PC cannot pass and the Frozen Hand Monastery doesn't have a shop.

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2018, 14:40 PM 

Player

Anyone? Doesn’t seem right that these items are only purchasable by certain races.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2018, 14:42 PM 

Player

Honestly, I don't think the really-high level things areeven sold anywhere. I think the shops just sell the +3 equip. Higher usually comes either from loots or gaunlet/abyss shop.

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2018, 14:47 PM 

Player

The Symmetry helm is one of the best available for monks and it’s sold at Ruhn, which is behind a racial gate.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2018, 14:51 PM 

Player

Oh, ok. Then, I don't know. I don'T think I've seen that helmet anywhere (else)...

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2018, 15:09 PM 

Player

I thought perhaps they’d be at the Frozen Hand Monastery. The 2nd NPC trainer who trains the higher level monk special attacks is located there. My understanding is the 2nd trainer was put there to solve the same issue, since the only other trainer is at Ruhn which has limited access. But I find no shops there.

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 06 2019, 12:41 PM 

Player

A while ago I was pretty sure 10/piercing and 10/slashing items were phased out entirely from lootpools and inventories. Xavier at howling pass just dropped his shield which has the absurd piercing res. Was this an accident from a recent update?

Fymor Trueshot

Uberuce

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 06 2019, 13:02 PM 

Player

There's no script to yank 10/- off anything. A few of my ancient characters have Tempus Rings, Bone Shields and/or Dark Wood rings, all of which are 10/- .

I assume/remember that Xavier's shield was left alone since it's a plot item so it can't be Mythalled, thus you're stuck with a +2AC large shield. Aside from small-stature Clerics and 0AC facetankers, it's almost certainly better to get a good tower and 3-4 more AC. There's not many places where the extra Pierce even matters that much, not at endgame anyway.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 06 2019, 15:27 PM 

Player

Didn't know about that one in particular, but yes there are still some 10/- items in the game, though they tend to have restrictions or harsh penalties attacked to them (like the boots of reflex +5 for example)

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2019, 13:03 PM 

Player

A bunch of questions..

1 - Speaking of that +10 resist Xavier shield, this is dropped from a "mini-boss" that spawns in locations where you typically have an in-game message saying "Something lurks here but there is no sign of it at the moment". Anyone knows where other bosses such as this are? What are they? Do they drop something?

2 - I recently looted an elemental defense tower shield. It has +10 to pretty much all elemental résistances. I then decided to try and trade this for a small shield with the same +10. Here's the catch... do these even exist? I currently own an elemental defense small shield and it has +5 to resist. I have seen +10 medium shields, but never seen the small one listed anywhere.

3 - Still on the subject of shields.. There is an epic shield called "The Last Defense". This is a medium shield that has slashing resist and con bonuses (if I remember right). Is this a shield that's also available in all format, or is it tied to medium shields only?

4 - Why are small shields always so freaking bad..? There is very little difference mechanic-wise between the medium and small shield, and the tower shield is Superior on pretty much all aspects to both of those, since the actual penalties for wearing a tower shield are pretty much irrelevant.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2019, 13:55 PM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
A bunch of questions..

1 - Speaking of that +10 resist Xavier shield, this is dropped from a "mini-boss" that spawns in locations where you typically have an in-game message saying "Something lurks here but there is no sign of it at the moment". Anyone knows where other bosses such as this are? What are they? Do they drop something?

2 - I recently looted an elemental defense tower shield. It has +10 to pretty much all elemental résistances. I then decided to try and trade this for a small shield with the same +10. Here's the catch... do these even exist? I currently own an elemental defense small shield and it has +5 to resist. I have seen +10 medium shields, but never seen the small one listed anywhere.

3 - Still on the subject of shields.. There is an epic shield called "The Last Defense". This is a medium shield that has slashing resist and con bonuses (if I remember right). Is this a shield that's also available in all format, or is it tied to medium shields only?

4 - Why are small shields always so freaking bad..? There is very little difference mechanic-wise between the medium and small shield, and the tower shield is Superior on pretty much all aspects to both of those, since the actual penalties for wearing a tower shield are pretty much irrelevant.

The Elemental defense small shield has 5/- Resistances. Don't ask why.

The last Defense is a small shield too, yes. Peggy has one, it has -5% ASF, +5 AC, +2 Con, 5/- Slashing

kindlegem

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2019, 1:20 AM 

Player

I think that the Last Defence might be available in a few different sizes, here's Meladius' which is a tower shield. Peggy's small shield sounds good, so there are definitely decent small shields available on the server.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2019, 13:46 PM 

Player

kindlegem wrote:
there are definitely decent small shields available on the server.

Problem is the small shields are pretty much just on-par with the medium shields for bonuses.. but give -1 AC compared to them. In the case of small elemental shields, they might not even be on par with tower shields... while giving 2 less AC.

I don't know for you, but a lot of people value AC quite high and consider it the top stat in most cases. So losing out on 1 or 2 AC is quite a penalty. The server also considers it a big penalty. For example, the Tempus deity ring has a bonus that is super rare, and super powerful, in that it gives +10 to bludgeon resist. Additionally, that ring gives +2 to str and bonuses to will save (if I remember correctly). All of that is off-setted by a penalty of -1 to AC... by that logic, small shields are a penalty to AC of -1 or -2, so they shouldn't be "equal" to medium shields or tower shields.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2019, 15:54 PM 

Player

Small shields were designed for casters and sneaks providing the least amount of penalties to both. Small shields should ultimately be weaker then tower shields as tower shields come with a lot of other inherent disadvantages. Weight, skill penalties, arcane spell reduction and size limitations. Additionally would it really make more logical sense for a small shield to outclass a tower shield on average in magical means given the larger size of a tower shield and thus more potential room for enchanting bits and bobs?

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2019, 16:55 PM 

Player

Tower Shields should have a max Dex like heavy armour has.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2019, 17:28 PM 

Player

I feel like large shields the same. Or... just a flat dex reduction, but give the extra AC back... so, minus -4 dex, +2 AC, which evens out to effectively -2 AB on a dexer... Again, just spitballing, because that prolly unbalances something, but something like that sould bw cool.

The shill reductions and weight are really not a problem. Even a stealther won't be too bothered by -8 Hide/MS. Either they have 100+ spot anyway, and see you, or they don't, and you're hidden. Now, the weight is annoying. On a Tower shield. I haven't seen any character who didn't somehow manage to carry those few pounds more, for the extra AC...

Uberuce

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2019, 21:21 PM 

Player

Bubbly potions negate item-based ability drain. I assume it's why Calan's Plate and Dwarven Philosophy lost their WIS drain - it was/is ruled an exploit to chug a Bubbly to avoid it, but you can't be a functional Amian over level 16 or so without soaking yourself in them all day and you swap armour quite often, so people were breaking that rule even if they didn't want to.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:38 AM 

Player

Oh. Damn... See, I told you my example wasn't balanced. :D

walnutboy

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14 2019, 13:57 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
I feel like large shields the same. Or... just a flat dex reduction, but give the extra AC back... so, minus -4 dex, +2 AC, which evens out to effectively -2 AB on a dexer... Again, just spitballing, because that prolly unbalances something, but something like that sould bw cool.

The shill reductions and weight are really not a problem. Even a stealther won't be too bothered by -8 Hide/MS. Either they have 100+ spot anyway, and see you, or they don't, and you're hidden. Now, the weight is annoying. On a Tower shield. I haven't seen any character who didn't somehow manage to carry those few pounds more, for the extra AC...

Shana doesn't use tower shields because of the weight, though I do tend to favour the large shield anyway as the round wooden shield really suits her style, so I drop AC there, and it's weight reduced! That isn't to say Shana hasn't got tower shields, she was given some as gifts but it's a hassle taking them out of bags and working my inventory around so I can still run while holding it!
Ly on the other hand is handicapped as she uses small shields simply because I can't justify why a woman who is mostly naked or an animal could carry anything bigger!

Last edited by walnutboy on Thu, Feb 14 2019, 15:37 PM, edited 2 times in total.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14 2019, 14:26 PM 

Player

That's actually exactly what I meant. Dexers might have problems fitting in the weight of tower shields. Yeah. That's a problem. But there's little to no reason not to go large shield, in that case. Which makes small shields pretty useless.

Hell, I wish small shields were more useful. Richard would much prefer either having a small shield, or even an empty offhand. But that's (sadly) inferior, so i find it hard justifying going that when the only downside is not quite looking as cool. Just like, if I wanted a character wuth red eyes, I wouldn't go tiefling just for that single trait. If it really was neccessary, I'd look for some kind of illusion magic, or skip that particular visual, because it proves to be a worse downside that the tiny detail of RP 'coolness'.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:04 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
The difference between a fully geared/buffed two-hander and a sword/shield user is just 3 AC. Even adding a few AC to two handers would make sword/shield useless. That is something I have seen first hand on different servers where you -always- go two handers because the 3 AC difference was reduced by only a few points.

Umm.. How does Two-handers make up for the difference the shield makes through buffs?

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 23:14 PM 

Player

Answered on the topic by now but Mav misspoke. Tower shields can get up to 8AC difference, 3 base, 5 shield AC

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2019, 13:09 PM 

Player

Bump to unbury this thread.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2019, 16:08 PM 

Player

The Knight's of Benwick Book. The book you can get in game by finding or using the job System, I was wondering if it has been altered recently. I never remembered any description of what there uniforms looked like. Reread the book last night and it was there. I might be slipping in my old age! lol

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2019, 16:10 PM 

DM

That has not been touched! Even if it had been updated, it wouldn't have updated the item in your inventory. You must be slipping! :mrgreen:

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2019, 16:15 PM 

Player

The Fellowship is trying to collect supplies to build a Keep on the lands of Bendir Bay, recently renamed Knight's Hallow by us. I was wondering, what kind of wood and metals should I be collecting. I'm assuming I don't want any raw ores or unprocessed lumber. My Toon Milly has been collecting Sand, Sandstone, Quicklime, Granite, Bricks, motor, marble, clay and limestone so far. Was wondering what else I should be grabbing up. :)

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2019, 16:16 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
That has not been touched! Even if it had been updated, it wouldn't have updated the item in your inventory. You must be slipping! :mrgreen:

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY! lol

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2019, 20:42 PM 

DM

Impknightofireland wrote:
The Fellowship is trying to collect supplies to build a Keep on the lands of Bendir Bay, recently renamed Knight's Hallow by us. I was wondering, what kind of wood and metals should I be collecting. I'm assuming I don't want any raw ores or unprocessed lumber. My Toon Milly has been collecting Sand, Sandstone, Quicklime, Granite, Bricks, motor, marble, clay and limestone so far. Was wondering what else I should be grabbing up. :)

I suppose it depends on what they want to make it out of. :P

See me DM-side as:

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:53 AM 

Player

So the Gem bags you can create with the job system, was there a change to how many gems they can hold? I could have sworn they capped at 99 gems but so far I have 102 gems in one. How many can they carry?

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2019, 15:10 PM 

DM

I'm pretty sure they've been like... 999 cap for a long time. I've had hundreds in mine for years.

See me DM-side as:

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2019, 22:51 PM 

Player

I'm always curious on why this server seems to shut people down on any form telling them that they don't like whats going on. Then why does it seem this server chooses to just tell them to leave, but not only that, why do you guys not even give them opportunities to succeed in the objective of enjoying what they want them to join and show alternatives that help them find what they want to the achieve. why can't this server be unbiased and instead choose to destroy people, play games with people, and just plain out lie to people to set up a little facade of actual opportunity here? If you guys want to just do a feel good server, but instead lie to the players that anyone can play here? Because personally. I enjoy a conversation when I have a question. But instead, all I've gotten was proof that you have lied to me, and not only that, you have shown me that I there is no opportunity for people who rp how I want to rp.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2019, 23:11 PM 

Player

It’s probably best not to air dirty laundry immediately after you’re unbanned, TLD.

I imagine our playerbase is quite aware of a number of things you’ve said are false and alongside many things that you have personally done.

Your thread was removed earlier due to it completely being toxic and aimlessly throwing blame as to why you were banned, the reasons of which had nothing to do with whatever you typed about.

when met"

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2019, 23:23 PM 

Player

I just have one thing to say to that. People, people stop expecting things to change. Its just a bunch of game playing and friendship shit. I feel bad for those who cannot let go, because I promise you, if you exist in this environment, you are going to become bitter.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2019, 23:46 PM 

Player

What’s crazy in this environment is players being harassed by certain people on sexual RP to the point they quit and the one doing such preaches about toxicity but go off I guess.

when met"

Cratz

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 0:22 AM 

Player

He's not wrong about the unfairness though.

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 0:30 AM 

Player

That doesn't make his harassment okay.

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

Cratz

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 0:31 AM 

Player

I never said it was.

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 0:34 AM 

Player

Cratz wrote:
I never said it was.

Fair point.
I do kindof see what he means, because I also kinda believe that the 'important people' stay important, but at the same time, there are a LOT of RP opportunities, for everyone.
However, it also depends on your character. If your character is over-all disliked for things they've done, it's likely your access to RP will be kinda... shut off. If that makes sense.
It's happened to all of us at one point or another.

Just try to be less bitter about saying it, I guess?

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 0:36 AM 

Player

If you feel something is unfair, you are very welcome to voice your concerns and discuss them in a normal civil manner.

Simply picking the torches and pitchforks and try to gather a mob with false information and general accusations is not that.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 1:04 AM 

Player

TLD I think your problem has always been that you expect a well established Server that has been around for well over a decade to change and conform to what you think it should be. It doesn't work like that. Amia will be Amia Will be Amia.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2019, 1:59 AM 

DM

We also take accusations of DM abuse very, very seriously. So if anything in that regard happens, then make it known to the team or a team member you trust. We do require evidence though, just like we require mountains of evidence before banning players, or taking disciplinary action.

Mostly as Amarice has said. Please be civil. We are always willing to talk things out, express how we see things, or out right change if it is a problem. Mutual respect between how we all address each other goes a long way.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06 2019, 15:38 PM 

Player

On NWN's EE, is there anyway to custom hak and make it possible when you view another Pc's Toon, you could make the portrait a larger size? Medium portrait is so tiny lol. Sucks because most portraits folks use the artwork is never done justice. :(

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06 2019, 15:49 PM 

DM

I don't believe so, I'm afraid.

See me DM-side as:

Lord-Jyssev

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 09 2019, 15:34 PM 

Developer

Any way we could get a link of the events page into the sidebar for the time being? I think it'd go a long way into being a more "official" place to go (and quicker too!)

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 09 2019, 15:41 PM 

DM

Yeah, I tried. I couldn't figure it out. This forum is so outdated, I couldn't find where to put it in the mess of files. It'll be more prominent on the EE site.

See me DM-side as:

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16 2019, 13:34 PM 

Player

What's the highest Fort Save you can get on a DC requested ring?

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16 2019, 13:38 PM 

DM

It really depends on what else is on it. Do you mean Fort Save entirely by itself on a ring?

See me DM-side as:

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16 2019, 13:44 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
It really depends on what else is on it. Do you mean Fort Save entirely by itself on a ring?

Yup.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next