View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 155  Next
Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:14 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=89669

Added this to the guild.

The middle map of amia is a bit outdated in one point, that is that the Kelemvor Temple i no longer there.

Might want to 'cross out' Uhm too :P

Last edited by Kudark on Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:33 PM 

Player

Let me live in my dreams

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 16:13 PM 

Player

General Question:

Why do our portal wands take us to some random ship docked in Cordor, and not to the Ley Node, where they were bound to?

It just feels strange, and ooc, not to port to a Ley Node.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 16:34 PM 

Player

Well, not gonna excuse the reasoning behind the teleportation to the ship (unless there ICly is a node inside the ship), but I assume the "teleportation to Cordor" you are referring to is actually not one you actually binded to :D There are several nodes in Cordor that could teleport you at other places than the ship (such as the inn, near the map room, etc.) This one's simply the -by default- location that you get when you first join, and I assume it could cause trouble with the other node in that same map, or could cause some sort of trouble with new players' starting point if it were changed (just a guess here!).

Raua

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 17:07 PM 

Player

It's because the "new pc" start location and the 'default' cordor portal bind use the same waypoint (which is part of how our portal system works) like it was by default. It just so happens to be on a ship now. :P

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 24 2017, 17:49 PM 

Player

So is there a rule to how languages work? Is there a widget of some sort, or some kind of 'you can speak this' proof? Is the int modifier involved?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 24 2017, 18:01 PM 

Player

No widget.

It is basically as in PnP, your race default language + 1 language per int mod.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 24 2017, 21:06 PM 

Tester

It should be noted, that rule is generally taken as how many languages you know at creation. You can still learn languages through RP later.

There isn't a Speak Language skill in NWN, but I personally like to think Lore can be applied to learning languages. But if and how many ranks equate to learning a language, *shrug*, it's all self-governed anyway, so better to use your own judgement.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 25 2017, 14:29 PM 

Player

How much can a character affect the small things on the isle without DM oversight? What is reasonable to post about doing on the forum? I mean if, for reasons, a character wanted to steal a chicken or even the apples from Budly trees in the dead of night.. can they just post about doing it?

I figure npc concideration is needed but in the dead of night, aside from adventurers and guards you who expect that jolly farmer offering train you wouldn't be there.. more so in the bad weather current climate of fear.

What is reasonable to think your character could get away with before people start taking notice?

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 25 2017, 17:59 PM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
It should be noted, that rule is generally taken as how many languages you know at creation. You can still learn languages through RP later.

There isn't a Speak Language skill in NWN, but I personally like to think Lore can be applied to learning languages. But if and how many ranks equate to learning a language, *shrug*, it's all self-governed anyway, so better to use your own judgement.

I tend to use the "Linguist" Job in some regards to be a speak Language, justifying knowing another language for each rank in it.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 13:38 PM 

Player

walnutboy wrote:
How much can a character affect the small things on the isle without DM oversight? What is reasonable to post about doing on the forum? I mean if, for reasons, a character wanted to steal a chicken or even the apples from Budly trees in the dead of night.. can they just post about doing it?

I figure npc concideration is needed but in the dead of night, aside from adventurers and guards you who expect that jolly farmer offering train you wouldn't be there.. more so in the bad weather current climate of fear.

What is reasonable to think your character could get away with before people start taking notice?

I'd hazard a guess it would be things that could be gotten away with and not largely noticeable by the NPCs in that area. Stealing a few apples from the orchids in, say, the Dale? Might get away with it. Stealing a cultist of Cluckzilla a chicken from the farmer's in Cordor? That's a paddlin'. The latter should go likewise with any large-scale thefts, murders that have NPC guards in the area.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 13:59 PM 

Player

That vastly depends on wether there are guards in that area or not.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 14:04 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
That vastly depends on wether there are guards in that area or not.

Just as likely is how brave guards on a night shift by a gate, in a rain storm feel with all the cultists attacks happening as well I guess. Guards that pull the short straw of a night in the rain might not leave their sheltered post.

So basically if in doubt float the idea with a DM.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 14:09 PM 

Player

Well the issue is IF there are guards in the area, it is up to the DM to decide where they are looking, wether they are sleepy or viligant, or maybe even piss drunk and snoring.

In an area without guards. You're usually fine!

As when would it get noticed... doubt anyone would notice a few apples missing. Someone would prolly notice a chicken missing, however likely not think too much of it. Bendir is near the forest, foxes happen etc.

I would say in general, you can assume or should at least check with a DM, if things are done that

1. Effect the area (aka you did not take 2 apples but the tree)
2. Happen repeatedly
3. is a faction area or highly trafficed area by PC and NPC

KnightOfKelemvor

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 27 2017, 19:28 PM 

Player

Figured I'd ask here instead of making a new post in request forum for just one quick question. Do I have to request a full rebuild if I would like to swap weapon on a character? Only thing changing would be 3 weapon related feats.

Ulfhild

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 27 2017, 19:31 PM 

Player

KnightOfKelemvor wrote:
Figured I'd ask here instead of making a new post in request forum for just one quick question. Do I have to request a full rebuild if I would like to swap weapon on a character? Only thing changing would be 3 weapon related feats.

That generally depends on when you took those feats. You would have to request enough of a rebuild to get down to the level where you took the first of the three feats and then back up again. You probably wouldn't need a new starting character (Unless Weapon focus was your first feat). Also, without Class changes and with something fairly easy to RP, such a request will generally go through more easily.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

KnightOfKelemvor

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 27 2017, 19:35 PM 

Player

Aurora wrote:
KnightOfKelemvor wrote:

That generally depends on when you took those feats. You would have to request enough of a rebuild to get down to the level where you took the first of the three feats and then back up again. You probably wouldn't need a new starting character (Unless Weapon focus was your first feat). Also, without Class changes and with something fairly easy to RP, such a request will generally go through more easily.

Okay thx for the fast response. A

Ulfhild

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 21:05 PM 

Player

Is there a way I can look at my characters' bio/description?

Moogle

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 21:09 PM 

Player

Put examine into your quick bar - right click on an empty quickslot, bottom option on radial, and click the open eye icon - then click on that then your character. It will show you your own description, along with any animal companions/familiars/summons instead of seeing their character page.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 21:11 PM 

Player

Thanks!

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:36 PM 

Player

I seem to remember, years ago, there was some sort of like. Boomstick crossbow? Am I imagining things?

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 0:19 AM 

Tester

It was an item in the Gnomish Testing Grounds store.

The Gnomish Testing Grounds went kablooey a while back, so if there are any still in circulation, they're collector's items.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 0:52 AM 

Player

Uhm, really maybe a stupid question but:

Is there some kind of ruling regarding spell VFX beeing visible ICly?
Like can my character see that someone has a see Invisibility Spell up?

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 1:02 AM 

DM

Generally speaking the Team has always had a WYSIWYG stance regarding VFX. I think the only exception was auras, like KC or BG, since they only really exist to show the user how far they extend. Easier to manage that way instead of cherry-picking which VFX's are visible!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 11:54 AM 

Player

ainjyll, on here wrote:
Spell VFX:

The visual results of spells are visible to other PC's and fall under the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) rule. For example, a spell that causes leaves to whirl around a PC or the stone VFX from Stoneskin actually makes the player look like they have leaves whirling around them or are made of stone.

The two exceptions to this rule are the circulating dots emitted from auras and invisibility. A PC does not see a whirl of red dots orbiting a Blackguard nor are the auras of a Knight Commander visible (though any PC will feel the effects should they enter an aura) just as a character under invisibility that eases too close to another character can be seen by the game engine, however unless your character has True Seeing or See Invisibility enchanted on them they do not see the character. These VFX's are left for ease of game play and are not visible in an In Character sense.

It's funny, because I've seen so many break the invis rule. :D
Never in a hostile situation, but for a long time, I didn't know that rule, because so many people used it on me. :P

Only thing I always wondered is whether Stoneskin or Barkskin could then be used to hide things like color... Could I use one of those and say 'what, no... Those wings are silver, not red... Where did you get that idea?!' or 'No, I'm not wearing a symbol of Beshaba on my cloak...'

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 04 2017, 5:44 AM 

DM

Temporarily, I'm sure you could if you wanted! It just wouldn't be a particularly good bluff if the spell fades. ;D

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 13:54 PM 

Player

What are your Favoured Enemy choices? Skewed primarily PvE.

Thanks!

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 13:59 PM 

DM

Mask and Riddle wrote:
What are your Favoured Enemy choices? Skewed primarily PvE.

Thanks!

Humans, Giants, Undead, and Outsider tend to be a safe bet for purely PvE

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 14:13 PM 

Player

I remember reading about this a bit. This is out of memory, and not my idea, but a few good ones are (apparently):
constructs (maximus, the loot?, giants isn't bad for... well giants, Aberrations (mindflayers and beholders), I could imagine dwarves could be good for duergar, undead is good for manor, outsiders for abyss, reptiles for Sahuagin...

In general, I think human always is a good one, but that's more for PvP, but a lot of people are humans, and then there's the occasional DM event. (and humans are most easily explained without actively hating them, given the amount of evil humans)

Basically, I'd say it depends what you want from it. Undead can get you a while with Darkhold, Burning Crypt, and other undead running about; reptiles gets you trogs and lizardmen and yuan-ti along the way; giants gets you trolls and both frost and fire giants (and I think it helps with Ash Caverns, though you won't really need any help with that place, lol); outsiders is decent in a lot of PvP as well... And then, me, for example, I've been to Manor a single time, so I'd not have as much from that, as I would have from reptiles, since I do sahuagin much more than Manor, but that's just me.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 14:46 PM 

Player

Undead and outsiders are good as they cover a broad range of enemies. I'd suggest both for PvE as both of these are used a lot in events. These two also cover things you might meet in PvP, as PM's may use undead summons, and a lot of the subraces count as outsiders too (aasimar, tiefling, genasi).

I'd suggest construct over giants, as the rangers are most noticeable when they face crit-immune enemies that they have favored.

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 21:18 PM 

Player

If I have an older request character, but they've disappeared from my vault, is it kosher to remake them within the bounds of the request?

Cratz

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 21:35 PM 

Player

I'd PM a DM with the original request to see if any rulings have changed on abilities and such first.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 21:38 PM 

Player

Check the archive.

If they are not there either, nudge Disco.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 22:06 PM 

Player

I have a weapon with 1d4 physical damage on it. Is it safe to mythal 1d6 sonic on it, or will it kill the physical damage?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 22:09 PM 

Player

I am almost fully sure the system will keep you from trying this entirely.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 05 2017, 22:26 PM 

Player

you won't be able to craft that.

The only exceptions are vs race or vs alignment and then add a vs all.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 3:19 AM 

Player

Can an assassin use the brew potion feat to brew a true strike potion from the true strike feat/spell they are granted at level 3?

Thanks!

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 12:22 PM 

Player

Almost fully certain assassins can't take brew potion in the first place.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 12:33 PM 

Tester

To my knowledge, feat spells don't work with brew potion(tested on Blackguard). Spells cast directly from items(including widgets) definitely don't. The exception are spells you get from a Spell Widget, that adds the spell as a special ability to your PC. Those work with crafting feats, I believe.

Edit: Bull's Strength didn't work for Blackguard, but Magic Circle did work when trying to brew potion. Magic Circle is a spell we've given Blackguards on Amia, so maybe True Strike will work for an Assassin, since that's a bonus spell we've also given them.

Tarnus wrote:
Almost fully certain assassins can't take brew potion in the first place.

This is still true, however. You'll need 3 levels or higher of an actual caster class to take the feat.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 13:22 PM 

Player

I'm a bit curious about how Greater Sanctuary was changed here, together with the BoT page and summons. Does Greater sanctuary dispel all summons, or a certain level? And does the BoT page do anything other than standard invis?

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 15:45 PM 

Player

Thanks for the answers, I figured that to be the case (am a bard base class, so I could take brew potion).

Next question: how much UMD, open lock, disable device, and search am I ultimately going to want?

*edit* I have 53 points to distribute amongst those, with the assumption I will end up with Cha mod +1, Int mod +5, dex mod +15.

Raua

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 15:50 PM 

Player

Mask and Riddle wrote:
Thanks for the answers, I figured that to be the case (am a bard base class, so I could take brew potion).

Next question: how much UMD, open lock, disable device, and search am I ultimately going to want?

Well, UMD you'll want at least 15 (including your CHA mod) for use of all scrolls and wands, any more than that just means you can use powerful items, but is superfluous. OL and Disable trap, you can get away with only doing 1 point in each, gearing is super easy. (Can do more, I prefer 10ish, personally) Search is something you'll want around (imo) at least 15-20ish of, because it's more niche to gear for and the DCs tend to be on the higher side in general.

Hope that helps, but that's just my personal opinion!

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 16:54 PM 

Player

Thank you, that will help a lot!

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 08 2017, 7:43 AM 

Player

Is the Cursed Blades of Benwick and the Fall of Benwick books attainable through Historian job? If not, are they in the Mod and can be found or quest requested?

Moogle

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 08 2017, 17:11 PM 

Player

According to the job matrix, both are available through the Historian job. You need a broken blade and empty pages for one, and a withered tapestry and empty pages for the other. Both require you to be at a researcher's desk. If you've tried to make them and didn't get them, that's a bug the dev team needs to know about so we can fix it. :P

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 08 2017, 18:58 PM 

Player

I had heard from someone Broken Blade was not in the Mod. May be mistaken.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 12 2017, 1:22 AM 

Player

Is it down for anyone else? This site says it's up with 11 players right now, but I can not connect. Anyone else?

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 12 2017, 1:30 AM 

Player

Mask and Riddle wrote:
Is it down for anyone else? This site says it's up with 11 players right now, but I can not connect. Anyone else?

Hey look, I'm on but not!

Definately down.

Fymor Trueshot

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 12 2017, 1:37 AM 

DM

Windows update.

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 13 2017, 13:10 PM 

Player

Can anyone confirm if the Seeking Sling is still in the Epic Loot Bin? Haven't seen one lately and previous postings looking for one seem to have remained unanswered.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 155  Next