View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 155  Next
Tarnus

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 13 2017, 13:12 PM 

Player

Its still in the lootbin, yes.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 15 2017, 18:53 PM 

Player

Hi all,

My question is regarding a potential future request regarding the construction of metal golem, don't want to go into details but I don't feel I have the OOC or IC knowledge to even start a request post and really don't know where to start at all.

Have secured a weapon and armour smith ICly and don't some wider OOC reading on the creation of golems in 3.0/3.5 pnp so can I take that information as being somewhat relevant to what I should be gathering inside Amia.

Its a long term project in my mind just need a little OOC advice as to how best to start this process off, do I make an initial request post and then gradually flesh it out as IC takes place or do I need to have RL X weeks/months of screen shots and 101 random potentially uselfull/useless ingots and forge spirit remains before even writing up a request.

Whats the form here?

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 16 2017, 0:51 AM 

Player

InquisitorBiologos wrote:
Hi all,

My question is regarding a potential future request regarding the construction of metal golem, don't want to go into details but I don't feel I have the OOC or IC knowledge to even start a request post and really don't know where to start at all.

Have secured a weapon and armour smith ICly and don't some wider OOC reading on the creation of golems in 3.0/3.5 pnp so can I take that information as being somewhat relevant to what I should be gathering inside Amia.

Its a long term project in my mind just need a little OOC advice as to how best to start this process off, do I make an initial request post and then gradually flesh it out as IC takes place or do I need to have RL X weeks/months of screen shots and 101 random potentially uselfull/useless ingots and forge spirit remains before even writing up a request.

Whats the form here?

A good start would be to search the request forum for similar requests before. I know of a few golems that have been reskinned into gem-type golems.

Beyond that, what kind of summon do you want? Do you want it to be a reskin of some summon you have, or a bottled companion?

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:42 AM 

Player

Does Vampiric Regen on weapons stack alongside Bladethirst?

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Tarnus

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:46 AM 

Player

I suspect it does, at least it does with blackstaff

walnutboy

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 16 2017, 12:09 PM 

Player

What's a good way of telling your character their own history?

I can post stories on the forum but only really highlights the past.
Rolling a character is an option but... ruled and practicality mean they can never interact.
Everything could happen behind closed doors, away from the eyes of all but... where is the fun in that!

There is a story to tell but... how can they know about it!?

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 16 2017, 16:46 PM 

Tester

Um, if I'm understanding you, you want your character to learn something about their own past?

There's alwayd family album, old journals and records they might find. They could ask a diviner to look into their own history or the history of a family heirloom. Ultimately, it's your character in the end. If they have family or relatives, it should be easy enough for you to say one comes back and explains it to them.

If you dont have any particular history in mind for your PC, I guess you could ask a DM to run a mini quest for you where they would come up with something.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 17 2017, 10:27 AM 

Player

I mean it sort of depends what it is you want. If you just want to put it out there, post it on the PC stories thread, for more present things, either ask someone if they are interested in playing a PC from your past (however, keep in mind that the moment you do this you loose any and all control and rights to this particular character from your backstory) or thirdly, make a personal quest request.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:19 PM 

Player

Tarnus wrote:
I mean it sort of depends what it is you want. If you just want to put it out there, post it on the PC stories thread, for more present things, either ask someone if they are interested in playing a PC from your past (however, keep in mind that the moment you do this you loose any and all control and rights to this particular character from your backstory) or thirdly, make a personal quest request.

Thanks for answering, both of you. It's kind of a mixed bag really as I have a clear idea of the history but don't just want to post it, but I also want to... yeah I know doesn't help. Is there actually a DM request layout for personal events, how much personal info is likely wanted? Last thing I want is to just write a story and have it play out yet there are set specifics that have already been in play and certain things ground my characters history a little.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 18:42 PM 

Player

Not in particular, I mean that really depends on what you are requesting, therefore it is fairly hard to nail down the one form it might fit into! You can send me a PM of what you had in mind and we can go from there if you want.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 21:00 PM 

Player

Has the Drakes been removed permanently from the SHrine of Eilistraee?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Cratz

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 21:07 PM 

Player

Yes.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 23:18 PM 

DM

Budly wrote:
Has the Drakes been removed permanently from the SHrine of Eilistraee?

For now yep.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 23:58 PM 

Player

Hmm, that was...not that long they lasted.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 20 2017, 22:12 PM 

Player

Is it possible to level a character completely using the job system? So that they never once need to fight anything?

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 20 2017, 22:43 PM 

DM

Mask and Riddle wrote:
Is it possible to level a character completely using the job system? So that they never once need to fight anything?

It is possible but it was recently slowed down because of past abuse with how the new dynamic areas work.

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 20 2017, 23:30 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
Mask and Riddle wrote:

It is possible but it was recently slowed down because of past abuse with how the new dynamic areas work.

Abuse?

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 0:04 AM 

Player

Budly wrote:
Maverick00053 wrote:
Mask and Riddle wrote:

Abuse?

Without going in to too much detail, the previous system had no caps in how much xp you could earn, though come resources such as trees and ores had 2 minute waits alongside a capped amount of attempts per reset per PLC (10 attempts) so you had to travel all around Amia to exhaust the resources.

When the areas became dynamic this allowed these resources to replenish endlessly and even lose the cap.

But one of a few ways it could have been abused. While I really hope we can get some uncapped Job methods to gain xp outside of hunting at a decent rate, its a sacrifice that had to be made to make the servers more stable.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 0:12 AM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
Without going in to too much detail, the previous system had no caps in how much xp you could earn, though come resources such as trees and ores had 2 minute waits alongside a capped amount of attempts per reset per PLC (10 attempts) so you had to travel all around Amia to exhaust the resources.

When the areas became dynamic this allowed these resources to replenish endlessly and even lose the cap.

But one of a few ways it could have been abused. While I really hope we can get some uncapped Job methods to gain xp outside of hunting at a decent rate, its a sacrifice that had to be made to make the servers more stable.

I do welcome other ways to lvl easily beside doing the same dungeon 2000 times or DC's.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 1:04 AM 

Player

Is there a cap on farming jobs? Or using the resources you farmed? Is there a daily xp limit?

I've been wanting to make a character based around the trapper job (if I ever actually find the trapper instructor. I have asked every ranger I have ever come across), and I want to sync that job with complimenting jobs (tanner, leather worker, and butcher).

I wanted to know if it is possible to have this character level entirely independent of combat. Like, the 2 minutes in between traps (assuming it works like market gardener), then taking what I farmed and making things in the mean time. Also, just a thought, does trapper work along side market gardener?

Also, if it is not against the rules, can someone tell me where the trapper instructor is? Please?

Thanks!

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 5:43 AM 

Player

http://www.emielament.nl/documents/amiafaq/amiafaq.html

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 10:40 AM 

Player

You're my hero

Analog Kid

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 19:47 PM 

Player

Not sure if there is anything about this elsewhere, so I'll just put it here, since it's more a general issue I think..

I have things in my characters inventory that do not actually exist in the game world. RP widgets and so forth, but they still have a tangible weight. Both inconvenient and senseless.

Is it possible to do something about these things?

Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 20:26 PM 

Player

They would need to be completely redone.

We can't add item properties to existing items in game.

Analog Kid

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 20:43 PM 

Player

So, is that a 'yes'? Is this feasable? What do I need to do to see it done.....?

Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 21:38 PM 

Player

Depends entirely on the item.

If it is a personal item, make a request. If it is a general item, make a suggestion in IA.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:03 AM 

Player

Hey I have been having this doubts a long time ago... it's about both persuade and intimidate skills
If I put a lot of points into intimidate, and I use it to RP for example:
Mi character X is having some discussion with character Y (a PC), then as I want character Y to back down so I roll my intimidate skill check, as I invested a whole lot of point into that...
If I get a good roll and with my skill points I get a high intimidate skill check... Y character should react intimidated, I mean RPing Y getting intimidated, right? (I write should because we can't force people to play this or that way :D)
The same question goes with persuade...
Obviously I know there has to be certain limitations, for example is impossible to persuade a paladin of Ilmater to murder an innocent child, even with a natural 20 and all your skill points put into persuade.

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 4:27 AM 

Player

Dice rolls like that only really matter if a DM asks for the rolls. PCs cannot enforce dice rolls on another PC. Some people will honor them, but no one has to, unless a DM requests it.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 5:03 AM 

Tester

Yeah, it's especially difficult for social skills. If you roll a Bluff check, everyone OoCly knows that the PC is lying. Even if someone fails an Intimidate check, how they react to it isn't always trembling fear and isn't always visible. Persuade is just as difficult because it's not enchantment and, as was pointed out, making a persuasive argument doesn't mean a PC instantly ignores all the other voices in their head to do what you suggest.

Dice rolls are there for DM events or giving others hints to interpret your RP, most of the time. If you want other characters to act persuaded/intimidated/bluffed, the best way is to have that come across in your dialogue and emotes. I'd say ability rolls are pretty often respected, but it's really a hassle. Either you're just kind BSing it for fun, which is fine, or it breaks down into actual 3rd Edition D&D, and not everyone is familiar with PnP. "I roll STR to punch you in the face." "No, first you have to roll Initiative. And if you don't have Improved Unarmed Attack, I get an AoO, first." "... Wuh?"

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 11:28 AM 

Player

Yeah, figured that! Thanks for the answers!!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 27 2017, 2:13 AM 

Player

The spell Shapechange for mages.

Do items affect these forms? Testing says no so far.

Fymor Trueshot

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 27 2017, 3:22 AM 

DM

DukeDublin wrote:
The spell Shapechange for mages.

Do items affect these forms? Testing says no so far.

Armor only

Varesh Lasandros

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 28 2017, 18:23 PM 

Player

I have a few questions an decided to place it under this thread. It's a dc rebuild situation but what id like to know & refresh my memory...
So since I've been gone for last year theirs of course changes an biggest that caught my eye is the RDD changes.. more or less.. (more rdd, more rp along with it) My black 'kalevayus Har†' wasn't made yesterday an i've wanted to rebuild him for a long time. less bard an perhaps more fighter but i wanna lean with more RDD & play an evil dragon more heavily with perhaps down the road bounty's..

So.. i understand with 6dc's i wont achieve a full dc rebuild so about 12 levels gained from a dc rebuild. Last i recall.. 2 lvls per dc.
Also wondering if id have to make a new character and just have my items and shinnies transferred Because of RDD levels..
I also would like to be refreshed on if or how i could use my own pre-loaded module with amia haks to level up my (chosen) level's an feats.. so i can write up the rebuild.. I have an idea on what i want to change.. feats.. ability points... skill points..

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 28 2017, 19:08 PM 

Player

Normally for the leveling thing I use:
##DebugMode 1
##GiveLevel X (where X is the number of levels you want) and then you click on yourself

If you wish to delevel yourself, you can type ##GiveLevel -X

As for the rebuilds, because your character was pre-changes to the RDD, I wouldn't be too surprised if you had some sort of one-off discount for your rebuild. I could be very wrong on that one though! :)

Something you could do too, is perhaps check if you can salvage some levels off your current build. What I mean by that, is you can "Save character", load it on a module, remove levels from the character one by one, and then see where you can stop / at what level that character's still identical to the future rebuild.

For example, in one of Saya's rebuilds, I recall I could stop her at level 10 or so because the first 10 levels were identical in both builds. You can then potentially save quite a bit of DC that way. You can also use DCs only for the longer levels and level up manually those that are easier / faster.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 13:19 PM 

Player

I haven't asked yet but how accepted is it that I roleplay in written text on the forums that Budly got part of his family and clan in Bendir Dale in the shape of his children and one "uncle" in the shape of an dwarf? Is this okay as long as I keep it in text only or is it frowned upon or even rule breaking? I basically only have them do minor things or be around to make things bit more living.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 31 2017, 13:16 PM 

Player

To IE or not to IE?

full DR DwD with a 44 ab at 30. Has expertise. Should I get IE?

Thanks!

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 31 2017, 13:44 PM 

Player

What happended to the Xvarts and Gibberlings?

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:28 AM 

Player

Druid deities: I'm a bit confused, because I'm unsure about the wording.
Deity Page wrote:
Druids that follow a god with Animal or Plant domains will act like Clerics and give an auto-success party -wide alignment blessing. They do not get any domain blessings (as they obviously don't have a domain).

This sounds like all deities with Animal and/or Plant domain are druid deities, and all deities without it aren't. But I'm a bit confused, because I thought some deities, for example Istishia, were also druidic deities, or at least accepted druids...

Is Istishia not a druid deity, or do I understand the rules wrong?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:50 PM 

Player

Istishia supports druids. He just has neither animal nor plant domain for his clerics.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 16:30 PM 

Tester

All of the Elemental Lords could support druids, I thought.

I could have sworn we made an official list at one time. If we can find it or recreate it, it might be good to add it under the class info tab in the Druid section. Because there are the obvious Animal/Plant guys, the Elemental guys, and I think even a few Cavern/Earth guys once you get into UD deities that support druids.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 22:20 PM 

Tester

This is the "complete-ish" list that I was talking about.

Quote:
Faerun Pantheon: Silvanus, Mielikki, Eldath, Nobanion,
Gwaeron Windstrom, Shiallia, Lurue, Chauntea, Grumbar, Istishia,
Akadi, Kossuth, Ulutiu, Talos, Malar, Umberlee, Auril, Talona.

Mulhorandi Pantheon: Osiris, Anhur, Isis, Sebek, Set.

Elven Pantheon: Rillifane Rallathil, Angharradh, Aerdrie Faenya,
Deep Sashelas, Fenmarel Mestarine, Solonor Thelandira, Khalreshaar.

Gnome Pantheon: Baervan Wildwanderer, Segojan Earthcaller.

Hin Pantheon: Sheela Peryroyl.

Dwarf Pantheon: Thard Harr.

Sylvan Pantheon: Oberon, Titania

Are there any that should be added? My suggestions would be Luthic(Cavern/Earth, Orc goddess of fertility and medicine, wisdom), Callarduran Smoothhands(Cavern/Earth), Geb(Cavern/Earth). I'd be tempted to throw in Ghaunadaur, just so the Drow Pantheon has a patron. But I guess that gets into the odd discussion of just what "natural" is. Aberrations and Oozes are generally hated by druids. But if Ropers*, Hook Horrors, and Gelatinous Cubes are the natural fauna of your home... who's to say?

*I don't care what the books say, a Roper is a freakin' aberration in my homebrew. Oh, so you put a illithid tadpole in it, and make it a urophion, and then suddenly it becomes an aberration, yet it still looks the same as before! Magical beast my ass. /rant

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 22:56 PM 

Player

Ghaunadaur has already been ruled out by the team. Abberations are against the druidic code.

The list is not complete, no.

Ubtao is missing. So is the Queen of Air and Darkness on the Fey Pantheon.

Mostly unknown, but Kikanuti as a goblinoid deity.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 08 2017, 12:56 PM 

Player

This is more of a build question, but here seems better than making a full topic, especially since I feel like it probably was answered multiple times already...

Which are considered the 'better' domains?

I know Travel and Trickery are considered pretty good, for haste and ImpInvis. But I'm unsure. Taking those two seems like I could get the same with items relatively easily. Especially ImpInvis, with the Djinn. So, domains like Protection (imunity to 3rd and less, making Abyss -LOTS- easier) or War (higher dex, lighter armor, higher reflex because if that, generally esier gearing) seem more tasty than Trickery...

So, what do you guys think are good domains, and what do you think about Trickery/Travel combination?

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 08 2017, 14:47 PM 

Player

Trickery and travel are the "powerbuild" domains. Not so much in my opinion, as you have to worship the proper God to receive them, but they also provide lucrative wand crafting. Repose is amazing, as the lvl 27 summon is quite the beast, and if you decide on a melee (div might/ shield) cleric, the Charm domain gives you access to Aura of Glory. Some domains give you access to high level spells such as Wail and Weird. With the proper spell foci, you can become a more powerful caster than most mages, as You can also get spell mantles. Really, there are only a few domains with flavor type spell abilities, but given the RP you are doing, could be very, very fun.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 08 2017, 22:29 PM 

Player

Can I question why the undeads on caraigh are so goddamn overpowered and unfit for low level characters 50% of the time? That place is filled with quests for lowbies and is the equivalent of Cordor's surrounding. I have a lvl 9 dwarven defender with lots of HP and pretty good resist right now, and that's two times I get killed by random undead encounters on Caraigh because I undersestimated how dumb that place is.. So again, why the heck is that place designed to be somewhere people don't ever want to go even when they're level 30? (some of the spawns there are stronger than most epic bosses)

I understand that they are supposed to represent a threat to the people on the isle.. but just how is there even still NPCs living on that island? Is every single farmer level 40?

(Also, yes, I'm pissed.. but I think my question is still legitimate).

Cratz

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 08 2017, 22:32 PM 

Player

There are IC notices warning not to go out at night. If you choose to do it, it's on you, really. And the farmers are behind walls with guards, who probably are level 40, so I'm not seeing the complaint there.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 09 2017, 0:30 AM 

Player

So it would be totally cool if 50% of the server up-time, the goblin cave near Cordor, the gibberling caves, the sewers of Cordor, the orcs and trolls near Bendir and the spiders in east Cordor were all replaced by crit immune lvl 15 encounters? As long as there's a sign that says "careful, danger ahead bro" in front of those places, it'll still be considered good game design, right?

I like the idea of encounters changing at night, and them being stronger is perfectly okay too. My gripe is with the power level of those things. Caraigh is the equivalent of Cordor's surroundings on Amia B. There are a wide array of low level quests to be done there. These are beginners' quests.. and 50% of the time you're going to get boned (quite literally..) unless you're able to fight beastmen-level of creatures. That, to me, makes no freaking sense.

The epic+ level of skeletons / banshee spammers that spawn in some other maps is almost* okay to me, because these things spawn much deeper on the island. But 2 maps out of Wiltun, spamming Beastmen-level of things is just ridiculous.

So yeah, my question still stands, why are these things so goddamn broken and unfit for a place that's intended to be the lowbie place of Amia B? Can these be toned down a bit perhaps? Spawning troll-level encounters, sure, but these skeletons / ghouls? Really? Am I the only one who thinks Caraigh is ridiculous?

*Almost: because I think they're way too powerful, making epic bosses look like wussies in comparison, thus implying that the random guards in those unimportant isolated towns on this unimportant Caraigh island are epic level of godlike to push back these things on a daily basis.

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 09 2017, 2:39 AM 

Player

Couple things: The epic level boss undead are supposed to be, outside of events and a few very specific areas, incredibly uncommon.

The reason at night the creatures are actually relatively powerful enough that its even somewhat inconvenient for a level 30 to travel alone is to foster the appropriate attitude towards nighttime around the island. The place isn't just dangerous for the locals its dangerous for -anyone- to travel.

From a mechanical standpoint my biggest complaint is that the reward/benefit of fighting the epic boss spawns is...well almost non existant. Insofar as I've seen when they do drop loot its not very good loot. Putting them to a loot bin with better equipment (possibly even equipment unique to/expanding on Caraighs history and lore) would be the only thing that needs fixing in my opinion (assuming that never got changed its been a while since I've fought one that dropped anything.)

As for how Caraigh defends itself, the relative skills of the NPCs (and PCs) who have worked to guard it against such powerful threats (not to mention why it actually -is- important even if it is a bit of a backwater)...well that's the sort of explanation you can possibly get by inquiring around IC. Suffice to say there has been substantial RP that has occurred and continues to (more occasionally than before due to lower server pop and whatnot) occur that does a pretty solid job of explaining how the Mill, Aiden's Tower, Shadowflame Manor and Asylum are still populated and still standing, but if you want to understand how/why that is, you need to look into it IG IC not ask OOCly about it here.

Additionally, if you/your character feels so strongly about the dangers of Caraigh, maybe look into helping fix or mitigate things there

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 09 2017, 12:58 PM 

Player

Mushi: I love you man, but you are asking for the lore of an island to be toned down so you can farm there. It's just the way it is there. You are supposed to fear going out at night. If you are getting killed there, then the fear of the guards, NPC's an Cory (R.I.P.) are all substantiated. It's thematic flavor, and a decent one at that. I enjoy taking epic characters I have made, with the intent of killing undead there to hunt at night. The loot bin does in fact, suck, but the idea of thinning the undead masses, appeals to me.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Raua

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 09 2017, 16:16 PM 

Player

Oh wait. This isn't confessions. Oh well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 155  Next