View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 155  Next
LetumLux

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 0:50 AM 

Player

Who is the/a DM I can refer my questions about the "Sword Coast Trading Company" to?

Gunz

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 0:58 AM 

Player

Anyone. Preferably someone who's been in the team at least 2 years +, since they would know better about it.

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 2:49 AM 

Player

I are noob!

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 4:38 AM 

Player

Where did you see that referenced?

DerkDerkistan

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 4:43 AM 

Player

There's a sign about them in the lesser traveled places by Guldorand, across some big bridge. I can't recall the area name off the top of my head, though.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 5:17 AM 

Player

DerkDerkistan wrote:
There's a sign about them in the lesser traveled places by Guldorand, across some big bridge. I can't recall the area name off the top of my head, though.

Ohhhhh I remember that. I saw that a loong time ago haha.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Maias227

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 5:24 AM 

Player

Not me since I refuse working with rapier scoundrels!

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 8:01 AM 

Player

Yossarin wrote:
Where did you see that referenced?

Skull Crags: Ragged Cliffs. At the mouth of the broken bridge going to the ruins of what I think was the Banite HQ.

The sign says, "Sword Coast Trading Company, coming soon!" or something. I PM'd Bobo about it.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 21:27 PM 

Player

It was a sign meant to deter people from entering and seeing that it was a castle devoted to Bane being constructed. A cover. If you will.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 21:35 PM 

Player

Hahaha, oh that's crafty :3

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16 2012, 21:36 PM 

Player

Not really.

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 1:12 AM 

Player

Another "General Question."

Can anybody give me a hint as to where this item comes from? The bio references Cordor's fields, but I've been all through Cordor North and Western Outskirts to the best of my ability, and haven't found anything pertinent. The text isn't in the orange font that would suggest a job system item.

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 1:26 AM 

Player

I also have a general question for the dms. I have a Palemaster whom I'm most likely going to take the Mummy Dust feat on. I want to request a VoidWraith at some point, which is basically an undead air elemental. Do I take the Evo feats, and pick the elemental based mummy dust, or do I take the mummy dust for undead? I'd probably want the air elemental base most likely if I can, since it's air stun aura thing is kind of similar to the suffocation one might need to go through when going up against a voidwraith.

serbiris

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 1:36 AM 

Player

ILoveIceCream wrote:
I also have a general question for the dms. I have a Palemaster whom I'm most likely going to take the Mummy Dust feat on. I want to request a VoidWraith at some point, which is basically an undead air elemental. Do I take the Evo feats, and pick the elemental based mummy dust, or do I take the mummy dust for undead? I'd probably want the air elemental base most likely if I can, since it's air stun aura thing is kind of similar to the suffocation one might need to go through when going up against a voidwraith.

Well I'm not a DM however generally desired creature type determines EMD base. Voidwraith is undead so you would have to pick the undead one.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Bini

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 1:40 AM 

Player

I would think you'd be better off picking elemental as its mechanical traits better represent the Voidwraith. Namely the use of a creature weapon versus a dire mace.

serbiris

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 1:44 AM 

Player

Mechanically undead suits better, as type counts for a lot in terms of immunities/vulnerabilities etc. I can't see how the weapon dealy (or even the aura thing) is significant enough to override that.

@Thanatopsis#6293

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 1:50 AM 

Player

Lizzie wrote:
Can anybody give me a hint as to where this item comes from? The bio references Cordor's fields, but I've been all through Cordor North and Western Outskirts to the best of my ability, and haven't found anything pertinent. The text isn't in the orange font that would suggest a job system item.

But where do the goods from the fields go when they are being sold? :wink:

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 2:01 AM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
ILoveIceCream wrote:

Well I'm not a DM however generally desired creature type determines EMD base. Voidwraith is undead so you would have to pick the undead one.

99% sure it's this based on what I've seen said in the past. If a creature is undead, why wouldn't you pick the undead? It needs to have the undead traits I would think.

PaladinOfSune

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 2:10 AM 

Player

It would be undead.

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 2:13 AM 

Player

thanks for the quick responses guys

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 3:15 AM 

Player

Lizzie wrote:
Another "General Question."

This was used way back in the day for entry or trade privileges in uh... that old drow settlement where the Beholders and Illithids are. It's not worth anything anymore, as far as I know. Just a relic from when the settlement wasn't a ruin. You can buy them in Cordor South, though, at the market.

PaladinOfSune

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 3:59 AM 

Player

Ah, missed that question. Yeah, it used to be sold by the food guy in Cordor in the old days, back when surfacers could go to Udos Dro'xun. Normally, you couldn't use the merchants down there, but if you gave them some food/water, then for that conversation you could access the store.

Should have removed the items a long time ago!

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17 2012, 4:02 AM 

Player

PaladinOfSune wrote:
...back when surfacers could go to Udos Dro'xun. Normally, you couldn't use the merchants down there, but if you gave them some food/water, then for that conversation you could access the store...

Weird O_o

Murex

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 8:10 AM 

Player

Are the Hide and Move Silently Skills capped at 90? I can't seem to go beyond this number.

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 8:38 AM 

Player

no, it's capped at skill + feats +dex+50 from items so people can get around 110ish depending on your race and stuff.

Ts_

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 8:40 AM 

Player

Murex wrote:
Are the Hide and Move Silently Skills capped at 90? I can't seem to go beyond this number.

You need to RP to go beyond that. I always type
*tunes his body to blend with the pure darkness of his soul*
and suddenly I'm at 110! I think they're looking for keywords, though, because
*body darkness dark sneak blend shadow* takes me to 150.

Seriously, though, why would it be capped at that and what makes you think that it is? You probably know that every skill is capped at base skill + ability modifier + feat modifiers + 50 (from gear, spells, etc), but I'm not sure if that cap is even shown on the char sheet.

Ts

PS: ninjaed ...

Murex

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 11:23 AM 

Player

So +50 from gear is the cap then? I've been mythaling items that have higher bonuses than +5 on them in either Hide, or Move Silently.

-Cloak-and-Dagger-

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 12:03 PM 

Player

If you want to go higher, you'll need Epic Skill Focus. 33 Skill Ranks, a total of +50 Item/Spell bonus, an Epic Dodgers Dex Mod of 14 and an Epic Skill Focus feat will give you ...I think that adds up to 107. You can go even higher if you pick up regular skill focus and Stealthy feats.

Ts_

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 12:06 PM 

Player

Murex wrote:
So +50 from gear is the cap then?

Note that it's +50 from gear and other effects (mostly spells) combined. With +50 on gear, the camouflage spell wouldn't help you at all, for example.

For hide/move specifically, there should be discussions in the build thread on how to get to the more extreme skill levels. There are a few feats that help independent from this cap, small size adds to stealth (indirectly), etc.

Ts

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20 2012, 23:58 PM 

Player

Quick question to the dms. It's usually okay to put a little flavor to your stuff. Would it be too much flavor to say my "listen" skill wasn't exactly "hearing things" but like "sensing things" like spider's have tremorsense, they feel the vibrations on the ground ect. ?

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 0:08 AM 

Player

Erm.. kinda, ya. I can't think of any of the PC races or sub-races that would have Tremorsense or anything of that sort so, if you don't have it, you don't have it. Perhaps if you gave a specific example I could give a specific answer (feel free to PM if you don't want something in the open forums) but without further information the answer would be:

Listen is Listen.

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 0:11 AM 

Player

well let's say I can hear an sd around the corner. instead of saying "hey guys I hear an sd around the corner" "I feel something around the other corner"

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 0:18 AM 

Player

Erm... no, not really. If you hear something, you hear it. How would your character "feel" a presence?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 0:19 AM 

Player

ILoveIceCream wrote:
well let's say I can hear an sd around the corner. instead of saying "hey guys I hear an sd around the corner" "I feel something around the other corner"

Admit it, you just want to say 'My spider-sense is tingling!' :3

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 0:19 AM 

Player

vibrations on the floor. well if that's the answer that listen has to be just listen then that's cool too. he can have good hearing :)

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 1:15 AM 

Player

ILoveIceCream wrote:
vibrations on the floor. well if that's the answer that listen has to be just listen then that's cool too. he can have good hearing :)

At least with that, you can assume it to be the floor creaking under their feet or the way their passage sounds close to a wall (a body moving in an open space as opposed near an object has a different sound, as I think most people who have ever played games of 'stalk the other person' may be able to attest with me). Theoretically you could also rationalize it as hearing their breath, although if they're a race that doesn't breathe (like Air Genasi) then that's right out.

But the point being you have a good amount of elbow room for what Listen does include by itself, and it's not like your character can't hear something, then say, "I feel the pulse of their movement through the ground..." or something. :wink:

Gunz

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 2:41 AM 

Player

Hearing them walk is one thing, but tremor sense is not something any races played by PCs possess. You can say you have it, but you don't actually have it.

corypx

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 3:11 AM 

Player

Gunz wrote:
Hearing them walk is one thing, but tremor sense is not something any races played by PCs possess. You can say you have it, but you don't actually have it.

what about Umber hulk polymorph self spell that gets Bio trueseeing, its tremor sense is it not?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 3:24 AM 

Player

corypx wrote:
Gunz wrote:

what about Umber hulk polymorph self spell that gets Bio trueseeing, its tremor sense is it not?

That's a different story and you know it! lol
Umberhulk is not a PC race, even if you polymorph into it ;p

Bini

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 4:55 AM 

Player

Because one totally plays a badger PC when they are a level 5 druid... :P

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 21:38 PM 

Player

ILoveIceCream wrote:
Quick question to the dms. It's usually okay to put a little flavor to your stuff. Would it be too much flavor to say my "listen" skill wasn't exactly "hearing things" but like "sensing things" like spider's have tremorsense, they feel the vibrations on the ground ect. ?

You know, along this vein...

I see people tend to use Spot and Listen in the absence of Sense Motive, as a sort of discern lies. What's the stance on this?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 21:41 PM 

Player

Well not a DM but generally no player is forced in general to accept player rolls on skills if he/she does not want to unless a DM says to make the roll or says to accept and play along with a roll. So it likely depends on the situation, the players involved and the DM if one is there. I don't think there is a general rule here but its rather individual and situation dependant.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 23:38 PM 

Player

As a basic rule Listen and Spot have been used to substitute for Sense Motive. However, Amarice is correct. No player has to accept a roll on a social skill from another player if they don't want to. The exception to this is when a DM says that the roll must be accepted.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21 2012, 23:47 PM 

Player

Alright, thanks! Was just curious if that convention had changed since it'd been a while since I saw anything about it and a lot of other things had changed.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 28 2012, 3:31 AM 

Player

Can the Evil version of Turning/Rebuking be done in NWN?

Command seems like it would be relatively easy, but the Dispelling Turning an Bolstering effects seem more tricky to achieve...

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 28 2012, 3:40 AM 

Player

You can do a lot with it. It's just a matter of scripting it.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 28 2012, 3:41 AM 

Player

I recall that we discussed this before. I had no problem.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 28 2012, 3:48 AM 

Player

Oh. Maybe I should have posted that in IA, then. Is this something that Amia might see in the future?

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 28 2012, 3:55 AM 

Player

You can if you like. We have a hundred far more important things on our plate but if you want to open a deeper discussion than the General Questions thread, have at it.

Magiros

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 30 2012, 22:16 PM 

Player

So is there a Jeweler job? I did not see in list and therefore I assume there is not.

However, what would be closest to a jewelr job, gem cutter? (For some reason I am thinking that one of my chars were jeweler.. but it might be back in the day when I played WoW.. >.<' )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 155  Next