View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Derica

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09 2016, 18:10 PM 

Player

I have had the privilege to find some of my characters in lesser positions of authority in different factions. I view it as a great honor and know with that position comes the responsibility to create role-play for our community at large as well as interact with our DM's and Team Members for the benefit of all.

My personality is one which despises confrontation and strives to treat everyone with whom I come into contact as I, myself wish to be treated. With this in mind, I hate to be the "squeaky wheel" type of person who is constantly pestering the Team for information, interaction and other requests. I do imagine, however, that there are times when friendly reminders are necessary, simply due to the over abundance of PM's, tells and so forth that our Team must receive day in and day out. This often leaves me in a quandary over how to properly communicate with the Amian Team, while treating them with respect and understanding.

My query here is to the DM's and Team as a whole. What is your preferred method of communication? How long would you like to ponder a question or comment before contacted again? Such as, if asked a question and a week passed without a response, should I send a follow up or is that my cue to leave you alone? Any other helpful comments are appreciated!

also plays: Kildera Li'anth, and Faith Steele

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09 2016, 19:37 PM 

Player

Typically it depends on what faction you're going to be communicating for. A lot of faction roleplay goes into the faction forums, where the respective DMs check and supervise at your behest. If you need special requests or want to poke us with something you need a response to, PMs are best in my case and I think most of our cases! If you send it to one of us and want us all to see, we'll post it up for the whole team to communicate on.

If you were going to be helping Bendir Dale, for example, that would go through me. Just poke me in a PM and link me to something you want me to see, or ask your question, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. We try to respond in as timely of a manner as we can manage. If you haven't seen a response in a few days you can feel free to poke us again (or at least me!).

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 09 2016, 19:50 PM 

DM

Pretty much what Sam said. If we don't get back to you on a question in a few days feel free to give us a friendly poke.

The only thing I will say is that private DC requests can take a while to go through so please be patient! Poking us once a week is just fine, but try and not poke us every single day.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:45 AM 

Player

I prefer forum PMs or tells when in the client.

It depends on the topic and how tricky it is but I try to answer PMs fairly quick so if you do not hear back within a week give me a nudge because I may have thought I answered and haven't or it completely slipped my mind for some reason or (the most likely variant) I got so many PMs that day that I missed one.

In the client I would say try again after 10-15 min.

When I am player side I prefer to only be asked DM stuff if it is really important or urgent. If not I will likely answer you anyways, though if it happens too often over minor things it can happen that I get catty or simply don't reply. :P :twisted:

Alternatively Skype works too, though I may need a nudge there if I haven't replied in a day as I may have missed it due to many messages.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 2:04 AM 

Player

If it's just a quick check-in on the status of something or quick question, I prefer Skype because it helps keep down how often I have to back up and clear out my inbox. I'm also more likely to notice it right away because it'll ping on my phone also, for when I'm not at the computer at home. If I don't reply right away, I'm probably asleep, driving, or busy with some RL thing. Just ping me again later. My Skype can be found by searching Kilakacn or LetumLux. Just let me know you're from Amia!

If it's something more involved, I prefer a PM because then I have an already-saved record of it, and it's just a Quote away from me forwarding it to the rest of the DMs as needed. I forward basically everything when it comes to Factions so that there is a record of it on the DM forums that the entire Team has access to, because there have been too many cases of Faction stuff being dropped because the message wasn't passed on. I like to avoid that as much as possible.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
In the client I would say try again after 10-15 min.
I try to be mindful of replying to people to let them know if I'm busy and it'll be a little bit before I can get to them. Sometimes there's a lot of things going on though, and even a quick "busy!" reply is forgotten as a result, or your request got buried in a deluge of other text scrolling by. Just ping again to make sure it gets seen!

There's usually going to be one of three replies of replies to pings: "We're still deliberating", "Shit, sorry I forgot, thanks for the reminder", and "I've been too busy with other DM things, sorry!"

As long as you're okay hearing one of those things often, you can feel free to nudge me about something every day. Most of the time, you're going to be hearing the first one while details of whatever thing you've asked about or proposed is being figured out.

When I'm IG player-side, I'm almost always willing to swap over to the DM client as soon as I am able to help you out if that's needed. If it's just answering question, I will probably be delayed and might forget to reply if I'm in some RP or the like, but I'll answer if I'm able. DM is a full time position, in my opinion, so feel free to contact me in that manner.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:14 AM 

Player

I mirror Letum's reply here so just pretend I quote dthta and added a happy face ( :D ) or maybe even Mr. Cool Face. ( 8) )

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:39 AM 

Player

Tormak, if you mirror Letums exact post, does that also mean you have the same skype as Letum? :D I'm a troll, I know.
If not want to either post your own skype or actually write something about small stuff like asking you a quick question or check-up yourself^^

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:49 AM 

Player

Nah dude, I'm his secretary, forward me all of your correspondence for Tormak, including the catgirl pictures.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:52 AM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
Tormak, if you mirror Letums exact post, does that also mean you have the same skype as Letum? :D I'm a troll, I know.
If not want to either post your own skype or actually write something about small stuff like asking you a quick question or check-up yourself^^

A Cliffnotes to Tormacorrespondence:

If I'm in game, PC or DM, hit me up, anytime. I'm chattery as shit, I'll talk to anyone anytime. If I don't answer and I'm in DM clinet, nudge me in a couple minutes and be ready for "ah shit sorry." it's k, we coo.

If i'm not in game you can skype me, search for Torin S. I think I stand out. Please put in your message that you are from Amia and who you ar,e or I don't add you. If it's a big complex thing, PM me. I try to get back to PMs same day or next day or two depending on my work schedule. If I don't reply, I at least try to tell the person I read their PM.

ZoltanTheRed

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 19:36 PM 

Player

I prefer to be contacted via PMs and by tells in game. You can talk to me if I'm on player, but no guarantee of me being able to handle a request or something right then. :)

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 10 2016, 19:48 PM 

Player

LetumLux wrote:
Nah dude, I'm his secretary, forward me all of your correspondence for Tormak, including the catgirl pictures.

Scandalous

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]