View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2017, 14:34 PM 

Player

Maybe the rp adviser tool should be easier accessible, or needed more advertisement? I agree though, having it constantly on for everyone is not something I would appreciate. For various reasons at various times my characters do need their privacy, or they don't want to be interrupted by x that feels lonely.

Dunecat

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2017, 14:47 PM 

Player

Note, I'm not suggesting removal of "OFF" functionality.

In the present state it's virtually useless.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2017, 14:58 PM 

Player

It is not useless, it works perfectly fine. The issue is that people do not bother to use it, not that something is wrong with the function.

Same as the DC wand, really, which hardly anyone ever uses either.

I think advertising them better would be a good idea, though I am currently unsure what the best way to do that would be, as many do not use the forum excessively.

Raua

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2017, 15:04 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
It is not useless, it works perfectly fine. The issue is that people do not bother to use it, not that something is wrong with the function.

I think advertising them better would be a good idea, though I am currently unsure what the best way to do that would be, as many do not use the forum excessively.

Either a journal entry, Or I can just put a new slab PLC with info for it in the entryway. Eother or, really is my 2 cents.

Procyon02

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2017, 15:18 PM 

Player

Raua wrote:
Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:

Either a journal entry, Or I can just put a new slab PLC with info for it in the entryway. Eother or, really is my 2 cents.

Maybe a few loading screens might help? Not that they are up for very long but subliminal messaging might kick in.

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2017, 16:18 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:

For helping people know the widget exists, use it yourself and tell players how to use it. Then place a message in the OOC room so they know what players can and cant use.

DC wands get a lot of use.

The forum is where most of the action IG happens, even then, many of the players just hang out on the forum.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Estara

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 15 2017, 18:10 PM 

Player

Alaria- wrote:
Estara wrote:
First off... So pissed I have never met Pixel, Silent. Screw Gorthod I want to see you play a tiny, annoying fey woman thing.

I remember the Area to Rest. Is it still around?! Such fond memories of huge therapeutic sessions there involving entire drow houses and plots that enraged losers so bad they spammed hateful forum topics that were oddly similar to the actual IC rants of drow themselves. As entertaining as it could be, I don't miss it. Oh man.

If we're posting embarrassing old-timer newb stories, though, I first created an elf character named Estara (? I think because elves were the prettiest ? -- so gay) and decided she had amnesia because I had never played DnD and knew absolutely nothing about why people used the word Faerun, why people said drow were elves and yet they had two different words and opposite skin tones and wtf why did people keep typing *huggles* ?!? Why stars and what did that even mean? Hugging like you're snuggling? Did that mean we were about to do it? I was so confused. Then I ran into Yoss or Jud (or both?) and someone said, "Amnesia? Really? That's the best you could come up with?"

Shit. I got caught! I was embarrassed beyond belief thinking someone realized I knew nothing and had no idea at all how to do anything, got captured by drow, created a new character called Samantha and decided she was a normal human farm orphan who hated everyone and wanted only to be a female knight because I at least saw that movie A Knight's Tale and knew what they were. Or so I thought! Welcome to Amia.

And now you all know why this is my forum handle... Hahahahahahaha.

And so it came to pass that Estara was forever to be remembered and cherished as an elf player!! What has been read cannot be unread so now it's too late! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Estara

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 15 2017, 18:15 PM 

Player

PS I did try to salvage that character for a brief time, Alaria. My "elf" character Estara turned into a whole magnificent plotline that I created and tied to Samantha in order to give myself some continuity until I realized I was just prolonging something that never needed to be started in the first place.............. I have to admit, though, it was a pretty good idea. Confession: I just wanted Yossarin to like me. Now he does, so I win!

>.>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5