View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Blue Moon

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 16:33 PM 

Player

In reference to this thread Moving this so things don't get too confusing and everyone gets a chance to have insight for their character, not just ask about it and have their post get flooded over :) Feel free to talk about a little more than flaws if it's relevant, i.e "Hastily rushes into battle... fortunately knows what they're doing."

Mr. Hackums wrote:
I actually had the very recent pleasure of having a friend of mine explain one of my characters to me. I suggest you guys do the same-- it can be really eye-opening, or even inspiring. I asked who Aylomen was (My priest of Lathander), and got back a really neat response. When you play a character for so long, his actions just appear to be that-- actions. I can do so without a second thought, because I've entered the mindset of the character over the course of years, and it flows smoothly. So in hearing some of his flaws, and some of his qualities, it was really neat. I'd never really viewed the character in the same way, but after hearing it, I sat back and went, "Yeah, wow. He totally /is/ that."

I think this would be a cooler discussion (And perhaps even more insightful), and would not necessarily invite metagaming if instead of naming our own character flaws, we invite others to name what they believe our character's flaws are. But we'd have to keep in mind that it isn't a slam to the player, that these are all kind of compliments toward a player's attempt to create a realistic character: A flawed being.

Someone will have to start because all my PCs are new :)

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

jimbono1

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 17:05 PM 

Player

How do we start if your characters are new? :(

Jimbono1 is my favourite.

^totally not a lie or anything.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 17:15 PM 

Player

jimbono1 wrote:
How do we start if your characters are new? :(

I just meant someone has to post besides me. Easy. You have characters! Now someone can post about you :) if they know you, heh

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 18:28 PM 

Player

My encounters with him were brief, but I think it's safe to say that Mathan Wayne suffers from a lack of optimism. He seemed somewhat difficult to motivate because fuck it, everything is going to fall apart anyway.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 21:18 PM 

Tester

Talyne

The poor confused self deprecating prideful and alcoholic druid. Extremely well played, reminded me always of a beautiful flower that had been stepped on and crushed underfoot but that was trying to take root again.

One of the best characters because how while staying within a normal paradigm of the mulhorand she pushed the envelope and always felt so goddamn real.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 22:27 PM 

Tester

Rik stuttered and as kinda passive for a Hoarite. I miss him, though...

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 22:44 PM 

Player

Beldor is a drow! Plenty of flaws with that, if you ask me. Jokes aside, he seems very proud (arrogant event) and too stubborn to use tried and tested methods just because they don't fit "his style". The fact that he's a sorcerer doesn't help much in those regards either!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 22:48 PM 

Tester

slkNihilus wrote:
Jokes aside, he seems very proud (arrogant event) and too stubborn to use tried and tested methods just because they don't fit "his style". The fact that he's a sorcerer doesn't help much in those regards either!

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 23:48 PM 

Player

Beldor just loves talking about himself and his sword. It strikes me as his favorite thing to do. And I imagine he loves showing that one power of his off.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Anatida

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 0:18 AM 

Player

Gerald is just an uncouth dolt! :twisted:

Aiseth

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 0:37 AM 

Player

I think Anatida is her own best critic on Maral, and I agree with the sentiments of "Nuclear Anger". She is someone my character has completely done footwork to avoid interacting with given the Shrine's propensity towards violent reactions. And because of this, I think there is little room for a second-line instrument to be heard in Maral's identity marching band, her anger is her trumpet and her cornet, her angel and her demon. It will either provide security for those who seek it, or just turn away the cautious survivalist, whom does not want to get knotted into any personal 'drama'. Maral likewise has an overprotective quality of hers and her own. She comes off as possessive about her flock she maintains. And so I think that means she faces some insecurities in part with that, in my uneducated opinion, my (Disclaimer) very limited interactions with her and the rest of the shrine.

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 1:26 AM 

Player

Aiseth I'd have to say with my limited dealings with her on more than one of my toons is she is -very- refined and skilled beautifully in the art of gathering information through civil high class conversation. Her drive to be self-motivated keeps her as her own boss so to speak having no loyalty per se but to her own purposes to fulfill that which she percieves as necessary. The Halruan in her does view magic as powerful and doesn't hide the fact but at same time she's from society that has strict laws for using it and that carries over into her newly found "freedom" in Amia, where even though those laws don't carry over they are still viewed as somewhat just and wise, but at least now she can dabble in the more "wreckless" forms of the arcane.

(totally a -very- brief observation and who knows I might be wrong lol Aiseth feel free to correct me here in a quote or pm me.)

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

Flameborn

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 1:58 AM 

Player

Stormy spends way too much time on her appearance, blue hair, honestly?

"No, You're worse the a simple slobbering beast. A simple slobbering beast seldom shows cunning, attempty at manipulation and use of diplomacy. No, You're a far more dangerous beast than that." ~Tuomas

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 2:20 AM 

Player

A little shallow lol but I'd have to say Zamura's pedicurist must have nightmares about the red toenails. Seriously though?! Thats all you noticed? I thought my characters were a little more indepth than that! :P

But back on topic,...flaws I think Zamura needs to lighten up on the black to be honest if he/she is going to be trusted and seemingly that appears to be the goals. On a positive note Zamura -is- polite for a Kobold.

Favored Quote:

MyOwnDestiny

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 3:28 AM 

Player

I've only interacted with Greyweaver once on toon Stormy. It was brief enough that I cannot honestly say that I noticed any glaring flaws. However, whether this was a part of the toon or the player's afkness, she did seem slightly aloof to the goings on at the time. If it is part of the toon, I would wonder if it was truly absent mindedness or if it was an act in order to obtain more information while seemingly otherwise occupied and posing no threat. She is a shady type after all.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 3:43 AM 

Player

I've been imagining Ronnie having a hard time remaining collected due to so much stuff always happening lately to her friends. First the drama proceeding before the wedding between Kard and Hall, and then the other drama involving Talash and his former mate.

I feel she could use a vacation really, away from all the stuff which keeps happening on the island. She is a good friend and a nice and helpful individual. She cares about her friends and wishes them good (and can be very defensive and emotional at times for them) but I fear that she is putting too much weight on herself at times. Maybe it is not (just) her fault though.

Tom hopes that Ronnie has time for herself too.

MyOwnDestiny

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 4:09 AM 

Player

Tom, in recent months, seems to have both gained and lost something. When originally meeting him, I thought he was just some human lackey for the Shrine Drow, somehow enchanted with one of the females. Then there seemed to be a spark of life there, a joy and a gentleness that was before, unknown. It was an intriguing surprise to say the least. Then a change took place. I do not know the details of it but it was glaringly noticeable when his anger, outrage and quite frankly, rage was displayed openly. It was shocking! and a little hurtful. But it was also followed by understanding. Then acceptance. Then seemingly, complacency. I do not know this to be true, but it is only my perception. It seems like Tom has gained a sense of purpose, a direction he was before lacking but in the process, he seems to have become just a soldier. Another body in the line of defense. While gaining this, he has lost his passion for life and any element of spontaneity that he had before. This is saddening not only to me but also to Ronnie.

In times passed, Tom has helped Ronnie when no one else would or could and very few know of this fact. So, flaw seems to be that while he chose a path, he still lacks the gumption to fully take control of his destiny. Once he had no direction but was the controlling factor... he gave up that control, whether by choice or consequence, so he could have that direction. There needs to be a middle ground. One can have both and I think he just needs someone to help him realize that and work towards it.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 4:17 AM 

Player

I'm beginning to think that Marcus is LN and I wouldn't be too surprised if he eventually turned LE. As Xavi has said to him personally, he's a literalist. He follows the letter of the law with little or no regard for its spirit - if both happen to agree, fine, but if the letter disagrees with the spirit, he'll go with the letter. He believes in a universe full of capital letters - Law, Justice, Order. He would probably be quite happy as a Warden in Wiltun as long as the Jarl was fairly consistent.

Stormy, from what little I know of her, seems dedicated and sincere at the same time as she's (unintentionally?) flirty. Or perhaps she's just very friendly and open.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 4:41 AM 

Player

I thought we were following the same rule like in the person-thread! >:I Brawr.

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 4:45 AM 

Player

High Priestess of Sharess talking about someone being flirty?! o.O Heh actually Stormy is flirty and on purpose. ;)

No seriously though from rp'ing with Xee she seems to be very freeloving and even trusting perhaps to much even to the point of it being dangerous for her to be. Her outgoingness, however, places her in the public eye a place she adores and loathes simultaneously and that -imbalance- or mixed emotions has taken it's toll on her both mentally and in her appearance. Yet still not many can hold a candle, even in her weakened condition, to the inner and outer beauty that Xavi presents and radiates. She helps others at her own expense and is selfless in doing so.

Favored Quote:

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 4:51 AM 

Player

Far more experienced than Gerald, while managing to somehow get on his bad side about it, making him question weather that experience means anything. Gerald's unprofessional mercenary and Calypso's career soldier deal do not mesh to well together.

Calypso seems impatient and prone to acting without thinking, which is common in professional soldiers who are trained to throw their lives away. Though when it comes to taking personal risk so that she can become something stronger, she's rather up to the task. Still, her and Gerald are definitely trained to differently for them to agree on a whole lot.

DC taxation is theft!

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 5:02 AM 

Player

From my very few interactions with Gerald the impression I got was that he desperately needs recognition... Glory and honor.... however he can get it. The cost seemed to be secondary and his desire for power and to be remembered was what mattered, not how it came about. He also seems to value law and order very highly which would help explain why he didn't click with Darby (among many other reasons!).

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 5:09 AM 

Player

Darby wants to badly to be appreciated by people who clearly don't. Gerald just would not stop goading her, and threatening her even in spite of being treated rather well when she was around. She's a humanist, but to a point of weakening herself for it in some regards.

DC taxation is theft!

Silkelock

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 7:22 AM 

Player

Gerald is brash and impulsive at times which leads him into less than desirable situations.

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Flameborn

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 7:23 AM 

Player

Gerald seems like he's hiding a great evil secret.

"No, You're worse the a simple slobbering beast. A simple slobbering beast seldom shows cunning, attempty at manipulation and use of diplomacy. No, You're a far more dangerous beast than that." ~Tuomas

Ice

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 8:58 AM 

Player

Zamura:

Lack of self esteem!
A thousand syndromes!
Is a kobold - doesn't seem to be aware of it.
Lack of certain moralities!
Impulsive! That's a really bad perk for assassins.
Temper!
Mood-swings! To the bipolar point!

And I could go on.

It is said that everybody has heard of the creature, but almost nobody knows a thing about it.
And now keeping an abstract and sometimes too literal journal.

Last edited by Ice on Sat, Nov 23 2013, 9:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 9:08 AM 

Player

Too cute to be a kobold. Even with bronze wings.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 10:27 AM 

Player

Echoing Snowflake. I rarely see Ais as a Kobold compared to most Kobolds.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Kraniumbrud

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 12:17 PM 

Player

Yea....captor might lack a certain attention paying ability at times, perhaps even to the point of selective hearing, but he really is a good guy!

Magiros

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 13:44 PM 

Player

Quite anti-social character what I've been able to tell. Hard to approach type of elf. Is very attached to the Grove, perhaps fails to consider from other perspective sometimes as well.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 14:37 PM 

Player

Probably one of the most elitist and fashioned elf ever! She likes to experiment with magic and not necessarily taking the possible consequences under consideration! Doesn't have a portal wand either!

Pony

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 15:56 PM 

Player

If there was one weakness of Yaston I found very character defining, it was that he often thought with his loins instead of with his brain. For the first knight of kohlingen the rumors of his romantic fancies were at times burdensome to keep quiet. His choice of women was generally focused on the pretty adventurous ones, instead of those with a good heart or standing. Even if their less reputatable nature well proceeded them, he tendend to cast caution to the wind to get what he desired.

Certainly a very human weakness of an exceptional man.

Terra_777

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 16:51 PM 

Administrative Developer

Whats your present characters? Nah, screw that mate. This guy here play(ed) Alicera who was/is a devil, that in itself is pretty flawed, flawed angel right there, anyone?

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 17:20 PM 

Tester

Sir Robert is good man without being a nice guy. He is secretly a mulhorandi paladin because thats how they act. He captures the prickish aristocratic noble while still making the character seem honest and real to his people. Whatever thr patriarch of the Lannisters is... thats the cinema equivalent.

Sorry I didnt know A TerraToon

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

P Three

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 17:24 PM 

DM

GreatPigeon wrote:
Sir Robert is good man without being a nice guy. He is secretly a mulhorandi paladin because thats how they act. He captures the prickish aristocratic noble while still making the character seem honest and real to his people. Whatever thr patriarch of the Lannisters is... thats the cinema equivalent.

Sorry I didnt know A TerraToon

TYWIN goddamn it.

I didn't know any of Pigey's chars well enough to spot flaws. The "flaws" I saw were understandable and necessary, so I don't consider that a bad thing.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

AzureLuna

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 23 2013, 20:17 PM 

Player

Oooh, I have only interacted consistently with one of P3's characters, and that was Irae'arra. She was a strong enough character to truly make an impact on Emilie in the short time they interacted. Irae was stubborn, prideful, and worst of all clever. She was used to being able to talk her way in and out of most things for that reason. She had the benefit of being strong-willed and sure of herself, and yet she was always finding herself as an outcast in one way or another -- she didn't quite fit anywhere. She is cautious with those she trusts, and for good reason. When she finds herself cornered, she lashes out, further pushing people away.

At least, those are the flaws that I perceived. No guarantees on accuracy!

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:01 AM 

Player

Impulsive, prideful, melodramatic, masochistic AND sadistic, manic and depressive...bitch is nucking futs. :P

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 13:02 PM 

Tester

Luca, from the very little I got to see him was egotistical, overconfident, and quite cheeky.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 13:10 PM 

Player

Pigeon. Is..
Uh..
Plays...

:? I'm too old.. I just want feedback :lol:

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

jimbono1

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 17:36 PM 

Player

From what I could tell, Jys had a short attention span. Possibly due to finding the prime boring.

Jimbono1 is my favourite.

^totally not a lie or anything.

phalanxyrian

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 19:47 PM 

Player

Mathan used to be an alcoholic

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:24 AM 

Player

Believes his church still means something outside the frozen north when in fact it's not really very respected and almost forgotten but he continues to do all he can to serve Auril in the frozen wastes. Although he is diplomatically astute he does seem, at least some of the time, somewhat naive. The naivity that is sometimes percieved, however, could just be him placing others into a falls sense of security.

Favored Quote:

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 15:46 PM 

Player

Can't say I have rp'ed much with any of Greyweaver's characters, so someone that knows her/his characters better should respond below me! I am posting because I am curious about what people think of Earalenia, both positive and negative sides of her!

Ice

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 23:40 PM 

Player

For a supposed Evilstraeen, I mean, Eilistraeean; viiiiiile, sometimes. Cruel. Temper! A pinch of hypocresy in her behaviour. She always seemed to hint to a fragile mental stability, but I never seen it with my own eyes. STUBBORN! Impulsive! And I don't know her well enough to speak furthermore without recurring to digress or blabbering.

Also, I don't think -not- behaving like a kobold is a flaw!

It is said that everybody has heard of the creature, but almost nobody knows a thing about it.
And now keeping an abstract and sometimes too literal journal.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2013, 0:01 AM 

Player

His characters are all draconic in basis. That in itself is flawed. Ego, greed and enforced idealism (good or ill) through blood.

DC taxation is theft!

speedgrab

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2013, 0:15 AM 

Player

Gerald is impulsive, and always likes the unique flavor of things. Whether he will be bouncing around on a pogo stick made of jealousy by the end of the week is not known to me however. This is a flaw due to sticking his neck out sometimes for these things. That and the raging alcoholic tendencies.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2013, 1:25 AM 

Player

Plays Dill, who has the flaw of being named after a pickle. :lol:

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 28 2013, 2:34 AM 

Player

I hear Malice had a flawed strategy when it came to negotiations with illithids. :D

I never RPed with that character, but I assume they had the natural drow flaws of ego, pride and um... Meanness, since she was malicious?

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

serbiris

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 28 2013, 5:26 AM 

Player

Sicarius' emotional deadness made it very difficult for him to understand and predict others. All he really did have was anger, but he internalized it completely so all it really did was help to disintegrate the minimal relationships he was able to develop. At least one person gave a damn about this, but Sicarius was never able to notice the unsustainability of his own emotional disorder.

Naltyrr isn't nearly as clever as he seems, largely lacking in common sense and problem-solving ability. He certainly tries, but I question his ability to survive without his old partner-in-crime to help him out! Of course, he has booksmarts and a sharp, focused mind as you'd expect from a mage, but it has gotten him into serious trouble before. Oh and usual DROW PROBLEMS (all caps? this should be a thing) apply.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 28 2013, 8:16 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Ada'vrae is like a bombard: extremely effective at killing stuff or getting the point across, but a very dangerous and unpredictable weapon to wield should she backfire on the crew.

Its fortunate that she lacked many of the flaws many Drow female characters tend to possess. I don't know whether it was because she was a devout of Selvetarm or whether it was because she had a dark sense of humour... something just made it easier to approach Ada'vrae with an idea then the rest.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next