View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
MisterLich

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 20:32 PM 

Player

Using a tool to convert mp3's to the NwN music file, .bmu, I have created a Zelda version of Amia, via replacing the music files for several key areas of Amia in NwN's music folder!

Ideally, every piece of music should be overridden, to provide the full effect, but it's hard to figure out which pieces of music go where; as a result some areas might not have their music replaced yet, so if you find any areas at all that have non-Zelda sounding music (or music that sounds like default NwN), please post here!

The Zelda music-pack 0.1 (because it's far from complete) is available for download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wy29t1pep72uw ... a.zip?dl=0
Zelda music-pack 0.2 (more areas added, and some areas have had their music changed from 0.1) is available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/stysbeteogxcm ... 2.zip?dl=0
Zelda music-pack 0.3 (More areas, and slight tweaks, again!) is available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0vdv1sk97hok ... 3.zip?dl=0

The excel spreadsheet I made that marks which music files are used in which areas (I've done this by manually listening to each area and then listening to files until I got the right one... Yeah) is available for download here, so you can make your own music pack and create your own NwN ambiance:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsdimbtyib2c2 ... .xlsx?dl=0

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Open or unzip the file into a folder.
2. Go into your Neverwinter Nights folder, and go into the "music" folder.
3. Backup all your music files into a separate folder, so you don't lose them forever.
4. Copy all of the music files from the downloaded music pack, and paste them into the Neverwinter Nights "music" folder, and override the files that are already there.
5. Enjoy! Don't forget to turn the music on in-game.

If anyone has a specific music pack request so I, or another industrious individual, can replace the music in NwN with music from your game or movie of choice, or any other music you want inserted into it for a new pack, please post here.

If you try to create your own music pack, please message a link to me and I will be more than happy to edit this post and put it up here with credit given to you.

If you think a music pack missed a certain area, and you want the area to have custom music like the other areas, post here about it; for example, "Cordor East doesn't have custom music in the Zelda pack, please put Kakariko Village from Ocarina of Time in there!"

Enjoy!

Known oddities of the Zelda music pack (I will not actually tell you what music plays where, you can explore and have fun figuring it out for yourself :) ):
- Kampo's Outpost has the same music as one section of Tarkuul, resulting in interesting music.
- Bendir Dale (daytime) also has the same music as a different section of Tarkuul, resulting again in interesting music.
- Many areas have night-time music and daytime music, and so don't be surprised if they music is different from one area to the next depending on the time of day; however, due to this feature of NwN and Amia, there may be some areas that I only have one piece of music for, i.e. for night time or daytime, but not the other, so for example, there may be some areas where during the day it plays Zelda music, but at night it plays default NwN music.
- It is incomplete. There are going to be areas that have default NwN music, or areas I haven't explored that might use the same music as another area I've already covered, resulting in odd music (like Kampo's and Tarkuul being linked, for example).

Here's my tool to convert between MP3 and BMU, let me know if you use it and get an error message and I need to fix something:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60wtrv9gkolxw ... 2.rar?dl=0

Last edited by MisterLich on Sat, Aug 13 2016, 22:18 PM, edited 5 times in total.

CouncilofAutumn

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 21:34 PM 

Player

I haven't listened to this yet but I like this idea already. Cool!

Ice

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 22:29 PM 

Player

I shall download your music and I shall judge upon your ability to match styles. Prepare to feel judged.

It is said that everybody has heard of the creature, but almost nobody knows a thing about it.
And now keeping an abstract and sometimes too literal journal.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 22:37 PM 

Player

Yes.

Aiseth

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 0:46 AM 

Player

+1

NaturallyCaffeinated

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 1:16 AM 

Player

Wow, awesome. You should do FF6 or 7 music next! :D

Yossarin wrote:

What, no airship theme? Lame. ( ;) )

Suhjet

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 1:22 AM 

Player

This is excellent. I usually listen to Skyrim's soundtrack when I play.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 1:32 AM 

Player

I will of course be exploring, finding more areas I missed, and fine-tuning the pack, and will make other packs when I have enough areas explored so I know which files are used :)

I encourage others to make their own packs or custom music files, then upload & post them here! If we can get a community of custom NwN music going, that would greatly increase the ambiance of the server, so that each individual can have an atmosphere specifically tailored for their own enjoyment. I think that'd be great all around :)

I'll keep the links and uploads in the original post updated quite frequently, and feel free to download and edit, then reupload and post any of the files if you want! This is a community oriented project! ^^

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 27 2014, 0:25 AM 

Player

Updated! I've added new areas to the Zelda pack and to the excel spreadsheet, tweaked certain areas in my music pack so the music fits better, and I think most of the most commonly used areas in the game should now have music.

Some areas I've added or tweaked the music of:

- Zanshibon Citadel
- Sky Forest and nearby areas/roads
- Zanshibon
- Abyss Wastes
- Frozen Wastes (the portal area and the area just past)
- Cordor Market Hall
- Nomad's Return
- Gentlemen's Club
- Bendir Dale (night)
- Khem: Nes'ek
- Minotaur area (forgot it's name)
- Khem: Alambar Sea Coast
- Alambar Underwater Area (the area with the pirate shipwreck and Sahuagin)
-Frozenfar: Eldfell, Elevator
-Frozenfar: Eldfell, Magma Pit
-Frozenfar: Eldfell, Magma Pit (BATTLE)
-Frozenfar: Eldfell, Peak
-Frozenfar: Eldfell, Warm Cave
-Frozenfar: Eldfell, Warm Cave (BATTLE)
-Frozenfar: Endir's Point
-Frozenfar: Endir's Point, Northgarn
-Frozenfar: Barren Hills, Chillwyck
-Frozenfar: Barren Hills, Frostmere
-Brogendenstein: Barak Runedar, Great Hall
-Brogendenstein: Barak Runedar, Port Barracks
-Amia Forest: Oakmist Vale

Anyone let me know if there's any areas that have absolutely silly music and need it to be changed, or if there are areas that I've missed (and PLEASE tell me the correct area name :P)

I shall begin work soon on the music pack Yossarin suggested, just for lulz, and provided I can find a free copy of the album to use online.

Last edited by MisterLich on Sat, Sep 27 2014, 2:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

JusticeXIII

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 27 2014, 2:25 AM 

Player

I did this same thing when I first started here, using different music of course. It's impossible to make it fit in every area perfectly however, since some areas use the same track, but are very different areas, and you have to stick with the same track name. The exception would be adding custom tracks to the server, which Amia did! We don't have that power though. My music was a big mix of a lot of stuff. Dishonered, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout, Injustice, and much more. I even used The Last of Us for one track, the swamps. The issue of the music being used in other areas and not matching is what I mean by this. It's freaking amazing in the swamps, then it'll pop up somewhere else and be like, huh? Because of this mismatching I didn't make it public. That and I got tired of trying to find the perfect track that didn't deviate too far from the feel of the original track.

I think I changed nearly every track from vanilla NWN, and maybe just ONE from the Amia custom music, since that was pretty neat to begin with.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 27 2014, 2:40 AM 

Player

I understand that, that's why I've been working to find tracks that suit all areas involved; it's actually quite a bit of a hunt. I have heard from multiple people who use the pack though that they like it, and I'd love if you could compress yours and post it for others to enjoy; I think that even with odd tracks, people will enjoy the variety of music :)

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 27 2014, 14:41 PM 

Player

For the more darker areas of the server, I'd suggest Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 & 2 soundtracks. For more variety, The Witcher 2 soundtrack is cool. And Metro Last Light soundtrack also has some nice ones.

Before I updated and thus formatted my computer, I had a background music playlist on my player, for NWN, that was made up of a mix of all the above soundtracks.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 27 2014, 20:58 PM 

Player

I was actually going to help our little lich here with that. I looooove the Souls games soundtracks.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

msheeler

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 29 2014, 15:48 PM 

Player

You are aware that there is already custom music files for Amia that have been added in the new areas and updated areas, right?

MisterLich

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 29 2014, 17:10 PM 

Player

Oh; no, I was not, and I have not heard any custom music... Maybe I'm missing some files from the server? What kind of new areas are we talking about?

msheeler

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 29 2014, 17:22 PM 

Player

It's right here

It has some unlicensed music as well as some ice wind dale and other packs. Brogendenstein, Welcome to Amia, most of the Cordor areas, Caraigh and others are using the new music files.

Music for an area generally get a good bit of thought before picking the one that best enhances the theme of the place.

Lord-Jyssev

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 01 2014, 14:34 PM 

Developer

Hi guys, I managed to track down my Baldur's Gate music override.

This might be another temporary link, but it's here.

Baldur's Gate Music Override

WrathOfTheNorth

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 02 2014, 14:15 PM 

Player

Beautiful Ladies and Gentlemen of Amia!

So far to summarize this thread there are a few music packs that are in place.

I'll summarize the links below, I have also created a little bit more of a complete Baldurs Gate one pack, Its far from perfect, However It also overrides the battle music too. Any improvements or suggestions please don't be shy and send me a PM or Tell in game.

There are a few "oddities" but some have been noted and music from BG2 and also two steps from hell if the playerbase likes it will be added in due course too. So here goes:

Lord Jyssevs BG override - ftp://neverwintervault.org/rolovault/pr ... erride.rar

Zelda Music Pack 0.3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0vdv1sk97hok ... 3.zip?dl=0

Ahrimans Baldurs Gate Override 0.1 (Battle Music Included) -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suykfwowqudsm ... c.rar?dl=0

Custom Amia Music Pack!

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 16&t=61325

-Edit- Forgot to sneak the original amia music pack which is amazing.

Khuul-Khuum -Icy Heart Award 2014- Joint 2nd Best Developed 2014!
Ordained Of Her Grace

MisterLich

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 11 2016, 15:01 PM 

Player

I'm spending some time on this today to update combat music and rebuild my documentation of what music is where, since I am on a new laptop from when I initially started this project.

Sorry for the huge delay if anybody actually was waiting this long lol.

EDIT: Also there's a problem with downloading the linked mp3 to bmu and vice versa editor that I found. I'm going to make my own really quickly and put it up here. The conversion is stupid-simple, should only take a couple hours at most to make a new tool for everybody to use.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 11 2016, 15:57 PM 

Player

New MP3 to BMU tool and vice versa, just made it, tested the BMU to MP3 and it worked, but I have NOT tested the MP3 to BMU capabilities.

If you get an error message, let me know what the message is so I can fix it real quick.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llq9z0z81x58e ... U.rar?dl=0

EDIT: Just had a ton of progress made and then my spreadsheet crashed, losing everything I'd worked on for the last hour and a half. Will continue this later in an attempt to give you new, interesting combat music. (I had like a dozen areas ready to update, and everything re-labeled, and now it's all gone again. This upsets me.)

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 12 2016, 20:46 PM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

WTB Dragon Age pack + Undertale pack.

Do it fkr you won't.

*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time

Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 13 2016, 22:12 PM 

Player

How about making that yourself, since I already did the hard work of making the conversion tool and making a list of several commonly-traveled areas in the game and listing what music files they use in Amia so you can replace them ;)

Also, I am going to upload an update to the conversion tool, I have fixed a bug in it and added the option to convert the entire directory of music files.

Now you can just specify the directory to convert BMU or MP3 files, and it will convert them to the other file format and place them all right beside the original files, in the same directory. You can do it either way; so you can convert all NwN music files to mp3's at once, and listen to them, and then replace them with new files you want, and convert them back to .bmu to use in the game.

That updated version will be uploaded tonight some time, possibly right now if my net is good enough to upload it.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 14 2016, 0:34 AM 

Player

Wait you made a conversion tool? Prepare to enjoy some Wagner, Tchaikovsky, and Rachmaninoff.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 14 2016, 1:34 AM 

Player

Go for it man, I uploaded and linked the updated version.

Just be aware it takes like 10 seconds or more to convert a directory with tons of files in it. I think I forgot to make the directory conversion synchronous which means when you do it, it will hang up the program until it finishes. Sorry for forgetting that.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 17 2017, 1:50 AM 

Player

Reminding people that this still exists.

You can still make your own soundtrack for NwN, in-game, by replacing the music files.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]