View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8738 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 175  Next
CloacaMaxima

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07 2006, 21:20 PM 

Player

1. This is completely a loaned idea from another server's forums

2. I posted it to off-topic, because I didn't feel it's anything urgent regarding Amia

3. I wasn't sure if there already was a simliar thread, I couldn't find any with a quick scoop around the forum.

------

Well, anyways, as the name states, this is a thread to praise somebody for their great RP, may it be a nice conversation you've had with him/her or something you've seen them done, you name it.

And, I could aswell start then, I'd like to praise Brognar Stonefist (can't remember account, sorry) for a somewhat philosophic, meaningless discussion, that I still found very amusing, you clealy have some RP talent, keep it that way.

The next people also are worth praising, for what I've seen:

- Gagis Silvarna (Silvarus)
- Hunar Iroff (Herra Tutteri)
- Prixsha & Trixsha Surion (can't remember accounts)

Keep it on, and please, do tell your praises, it's always worth mentioning, and since Amia is an RP server, encouragement like this should always be done when possible. So, give your praises, people. :wink:

9lz

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07 2006, 21:24 PM 

Player

well, there's a suprise, but a pleasant one at that :)

also, i agree with already named ones, and for us somewhat oldies, i'd like to add Kanto (Navira, Bronze) even though he does not play anymore.

also also i'd like to say that i think the rp level on amia has gone up quite a bit the time i've been here (sure, there is the occational newbie or bastard, but we get by) and we are now at a very nice level indeed

Silvarus

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07 2006, 21:31 PM 

Player

Nominating two good newcomers.

Narac' (CloacaMaxima)
Draelic (Lord-of-aeons)
And all the old great people I often play with.

Arianyr

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07 2006, 22:16 PM 

Player

i must say whoever is playing the little half-elf girl is doing great

Gers

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07 2006, 22:58 PM 

Player

Have to nominate Veh for her excellence in playing an evil drow fanatic matron :)

Didi

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 07 2006, 23:07 PM 

Player

*hugs Gers* heheh, dont think this gets you out of a whipping, jaluk! :D

[edit] I daren't start nominating, as I'd wind up making a long list of everyone I RP with, and then I would miss someone and feel terrible.

Last edited by Didi on Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The Hammered

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 4:54 AM 

Player

Let's see...

Irraere (Takeo, though he's gone) for several (pretty brief) encounters
Wolf (Redfren) for talking with Sorfi and trying to help her after the kidnapping
Warden (FFSDave) for being a slave before me and various RP with Sorfi
Lauris (Some mystery person) for wonderfully roleplaying a rude, obnoxious bastard
Krin (diedyesterday666 (I think)) for some RP with Caelin
Slate (Sage) and Arianya (no idea) for a long conversation with Sorfi (and some time in the Nomad with Slate, too)
And Paws (ProjectileDuck) for being a cuddly dog.

aurelius311

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 6:41 AM 

Player

Turin Warbeard (The Cobbit) is hilarious. The single funniest dwarf to be around. He deserves serious DCs.

[Kegs] Angry Dwarf
[Akly] Angry Halfling

Silvarus

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 6:41 AM 

Player

Oh yes. Lauris for the win!

I think he is not on the forums and RP:s mostly in Cordor so the DM:s might not have seen too much of him but... He's just great although he causes us more trouble than rest of Cordor combined, but he does so with great RP. :P

Dark

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 7:00 AM 

Player

Most people I rp with are pretty good actually. Scariest yet well done rp? The gay orcs that wear pink X-X. Kudos to whoever plays them.

An'ar Velu
Rena Espinan

Jan

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 7:06 AM 

Player

Last edited by Jan on Mon, Dec 04 2006, 22:59 PM, edited 2 times in total.

BrainSplitter

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 7:23 AM 

Player

As much as i hate to post these sorts of things, just out of personal opinon and such... i think i might anyway

Bustier Cassanova d'Attentourt Possibly my favourite character to see RPing around. Really, completely unique, isn't something totally random, and the only person i know to turn crafting into a successful business.
Tom A brilliantly played child character, possibly the best. i have total respect for him, even now that he's left.
Lauris I think everyone above has said all i possibly could on Lauris, the best role played (really bad word) character i've seen.
Krin An annoying character, so very annoying. But extremely well role played, and really good OOC. So yeah, he's one of me favs.
Paws ... need i say more?

Those are my opinions by the way. woo

Jan

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 7:47 AM 

Player

Last edited by Jan on Mon, Dec 04 2006, 22:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 10:18 AM 

Player

*bloody drow name's cant remember how to spell em*
Veh (with Warden)
Janxo (with Warden)
Kir (with Warden)
Gloth (with Warden)
Sorfilia (with Warden)
Malice (with Warden)
Lasc (with Warden)
Xan (with Warden)
*aswell as the othe drow of Arabett, sorry I cant remember how to spell there names*

Nimien (with Warden & Wester)
Astra Shadowflame (with Wester & Spartan)
Jibeel (with Wester)
Shada (with Wester)
Gard (with Wester)
Gill (with Wester)
Jsa (with Wester & Warden & Spartan)
Fris leaf (with Tombhelm)
Ainna (sorry spelt it wrongly you RP with spartan)
Vierra & Amy Shadowflame (same player) (with Spartan and Grosnick)
Anak (with Spartan)
Kai (with Wester)
Nara (with Wester)
Luandur Holdforge (with Wester)
Brina Swift (with Wester)
Gibblog (with Wester)
Llewyn forest (with Wester)
Charming Cyn (with Wester)
Wagnard (with Wester)
Uberuce (with Wester & Tombhelm)
Thilidar (with Wester)
Earyl (with Wester)

Last edited by Irish Fluff on Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Eoweniel

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:21 PM 

Player

I'm not to say who's a good roleplayer and who's a bad one, but I'll mention a few that need to be mentioned. I think there are still many other good roleplayers out there, and there are probably some I can't remember right now. :P

In no particular order...

Lauris

Llewyn Forest

Feonir

Winterhazel (By Kungfoowiz)

Uberuce

Zartanis - (because I love how Zeral roleplays him and Whitman)

Brognar Stonefist

Thagnar Darkaxe? (A bit rough, but rather dwarf-ish)

Isendur

Gillaria / Sina

Veh'dra Arabett (Great work as the first ilharess)

Boppi

Liam Roe

Those are the one I can think of now.

Last edited by Eoweniel on Wed, Mar 15 2006, 12:31 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Xityar

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:26 PM 

Player

I vote for all the good roleplayers who never get enough credit for their excellent participation, due to either lack of exposure, or not hanging with the "in"-crowd.

(Not meant offensive to any votee or votes so far, I've met people like this during my years of roleplaying, and they deserve far more than they get.)

Dev Disco

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:57 PM 

HRM Chicken I of Amia

I will cast one vote. Many options, but it's... Llewyn Forest. There are so many excellent roleplayers, but he really makes something from almost nothing. A humble character played with royal grandeur.

Silvarus

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 13:02 PM 

Player

Ah yes, even the few seconds I get to see him play are awe inspiring.

Oarthias

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 13:30 PM 

Player

I have to thank and applaud those I RP with at the Grove, you impress me daily with your charaters. There has often been times where real tears come to me eyes, or a big yeppy escapes as you truely drawl me into your charaters lives and personalities. So I give you all *huggles, and cookies for your excelent RP* as you make me wish sometimes that I could sit and watch you all and enjoy the show!

The Golden Gnome

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 13:39 PM 

Player

Yer all grand and such?

Woooo, I got praised?

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 14:08 PM 

Player

discosux wrote:
I will cast one vote. Many options, but it's... Llewyn Forest. There are so many excellent roleplayers, but he really makes something from almost nothing. A humble character played with royal grandeur.

He was the first person I met on Amia and RPed with. I havent left since, kudo's to him! (He even complimented me saying "It's like your've been Role playing this character for years" and I had only played Wester for an hour.)

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 16:13 PM 

Player

No major nominations..

but Veh, Warden, Gloth and Kir are all on mine list

Everyone else, you know who you are!

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Anewusername

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 16:23 PM 

Player

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Last edited by Anewusername on Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Troxa

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 16:41 PM 

Player

Í do that to ;p Or if it gets REALLY lonely i RP with my familiar ^^

Yossarin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 20:31 PM 

Player

I'm still relatively new here, and I'm one of those players who comes on and roleplays when I can more as a passing hobby, but I've had the pleasure of interacting with some fun players and characters. A few of them are particularly pronounced in my mind; there have been others, even if I don't remember them off the top of my head.

Felix Felicis, the Fearless One, is a charming character. Not in the conventional sense of charming (although Felix himself would disagree staunchly), but in the sense that he has a rich, vibrant, and healthy ego that makes him entertaining. The way Felix's player subtely (and sometimes not so subtely) exhibits Felix's vanity and pride is thoughtful. He does not exaggerate them to the point that they are open vices that make him unpalatable, but he treats them like quirks that make an intelligent and quietly ambitious character interesting to roleplay with. Kudos to you!

Another player I look forward to seeing is the person I'll just refer to as Gabby, who plays an entire cast of intriguing people from a dashing yet self-preserving and self-proclaimed treasure hunter to a magician who has invested so much of her attention in the mystic arts that magic seems to have truly devoured her brain to an ethically questionable, semi-philosophical, sword-and-sorcery-wielding foreigner who reeks of a hidden and unsavory agenda. I would name these characters, but I'm leery of blowing the player's cover in my zeal to praise him or her for fantastic roleplaying.

Thirdly, there was one character who recently made a strong impression with his roleplaying, one that tittilated me to no end. Unfortunately, I am absolutely terrible with remembering fantasy genre names, as the majority of them are so oblique or esoteric that they don't register phoenetically in my mental database. Some of you users may know the character I speak of, though. He and his companion claimed to be the only two members of the Order of Chaos (a clever oxymoron, to wit), and called themselves Clerics of Chaos. They were vile men with devolutionary leanings, but the spokesman was well-spoken, very bright, and the entire notion hinted at a player with a great mind. Unfortunately, before this character could make a pitch for membership, the server crashed, and while the answer would probably have been "no" considering the fact that Yossarin is not a Chaotic aligned character, it would have been a pleasure to have seen it all the way through. Maybe I'll see this character on again soon, but to whoever you are, kudos to you! And my apologies for forgetting your name...

Also, any time I see the greatest fae monk in all of Amia, Merrygust, I make a concerted effort to say hello just to milk the interaction for whatever it is worth! I sometimes wish I adventured more so I could be a higher level and travel Amia with this disciplined and creative puny pugilist.

There are others that I see who look like very promising roleplayers, but many of them are not ones I've had the opportunity to truly interact with on any significant scale.

Also, thanks to the user who started this thread. Its a very nice thing. We as human beings are vain and self-interested creatures, and few things motivate us more to get out there and do what we enjoy and like (in this case, roleplay on Amia) than a little praise and flattery.

Jan

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 20:37 PM 

Player

I think you are referring to Kamin Thane, cleric of chaos.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 20:42 PM 

Player

Yes! I believe that is it. I remember associating him with the Danish mead hall rulers of the Beowulf era, and Thane would be the hint there. Thanks, Vegan.

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 21:34 PM 

Player

I'm gonna be such a turd I'm going to declare I'm the best and point fingers at you lot? Mehhehhee :!:

Phantom-D

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 22:31 PM 

Player

I must say I seemly adore the gittering 2...

Dippel and Bopi (did I leave out a p?)

Long live the gits...=D

The Hammered

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 08 2006, 23:19 PM 

Player

Sorfi and Kamin had a long philosophical discussion in the Nomad once, but he got pissed at her when he realized she was just testing him to see how well he could defend his worldview and she wasn't actually interested in becoming a cleric of chaos. :P

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 12 2006, 14:49 PM 

Player

I've been loving the in-depth discussions that Shadis and Liam have been getting into on occasion (as well as the usual evil plotting).
and of course it's great to see that May is causing random mischief in the Underdark, and no one seems to suspect otherwise :twisted: -- which the chaos will soon start all over again XD

Anewusername

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 12 2006, 15:35 PM 

Player

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Last edited by Anewusername on Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:53 AM, edited 1 time in total.

MrBennHundred

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 12 2006, 18:56 PM 

Player

Location: South east, England, UK "Englands as happy as England can be, Why cry?"

I cant let this thread pass without a mention to Takovantes aka Garab Vasente, Mergo of the whispering fist and probably some others too..

His RP is clever, quick and imho very funny. Not afraid to play a typical type cast I think he adds alot to the amia landscape.

Tontu

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 12:34 PM 

Player

Hmmm, I can't pick out any one character, considering Tontu's RP stuck him in the middle with everyone. Besides, I can't really determine "bad" RP if you guys let me RP here. >_>

Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Caligynephobia: Fear of beautiful women.
Dikephobia: Fear of justice.

Herra Tutteri

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 14:14 PM 

Player

I have VERY good RP with almost everybody I RP with. It'd take a day to type all the good RP events I've experienced with people here.

Anewusername

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 17:12 PM 

Player

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Last edited by Anewusername on Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:52 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Dubby

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 17:35 PM 

Player

I think that was me, if you were Pina that is.

Anewusername

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 17:37 PM 

Player

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Last edited by Anewusername on Sun, Aug 23 2015, 1:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 17:40 PM 

Player

*dot.. dot.. dot*

Moving on I'd like to congratulate Wiggan on the RP she and Malice did on saturday. Ver ver good.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Slepnyrl

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 17:47 PM 

Player

I'd like to point out the Moonbeam brothers (Elvith and I cant remember his brother, the cleric :? nor the players complicated account name). I really enjoyed roleplaying with them (its been a while since i played though) and showing Amia to Seowiel Fireshald (you might have spotted that elven pyromancer in Cordor). So far, since my rather recent arrival, Amia has been a fantastic roleplay server so I want to congradulate just about everyone!

Jan

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 18:37 PM 

Player

Last edited by Jan on Mon, Dec 04 2006, 23:00 PM, edited 2 times in total.

jrick

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 18:46 PM 

Player

My vote goes to Alanna Molov, as well as my apologies for embarassing her by my nomination. Her RPing is excellent - always in character, always tossing off little tidbits of personal history, with a unique repertoire of gestures and mannerisms. She RP'd a scene with Vyashir one evening that was pure entertainment. It is a pleasure to interact with her. :D (I'll be posting another segment of Mariha Feral's story soon in which Alanna plays a major role.)

Other possible inductees include (but are not limited to) the players of:

Alitha Melie
Siveyn Silverarrow
Vyashir Indrire
Mirhun Thinker
Sig Starrlind
Simoa Aset
Sorfilia DiMaki'ir
Centafolia Briams - especially now that she's turned into a real b*tch

Since I tend to stick to the grove, I'm severely biased in favour of its residents. But I know there are many others out there.

Last edited by jrick on Tue, Mar 14 2006, 3:43 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Jen

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 18:53 PM 

Player

Yossarin wrote:
Felix Felicis, the Fearless One, is a charming character. Not in the conventional sense of charming (although Felix himself would disagree staunchly), but in the sense that he has a rich, vibrant, and healthy ego that makes him entertaining. The way Felix's player subtely (and sometimes not so subtely) exhibits Felix's vanity and pride is thoughtful. He does not exaggerate them to the point that they are open vices that make him unpalatable, but he treats them like quirks that make an intelligent and quietly ambitious character interesting to roleplay with. Kudos to you!

Yossarin and Felix are two I really enjoy watching. Horace's tiefling and the group in the shack as well. Gareb's antics, good drow rp and I'll never remember the names, etc.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 20:46 PM 

Player

I'm going to mention a really fun RP I had with a few people yesterday, and not nominate any people as being "the best role-players". I sure have friends, both in the Underdark and a few on the surface, that would deserve all the praise for their RP, but I doubt that will encourage anyone to RP any better. :P Yeah, you know who you are, no need to mention.

Anyway, so I'll mention a great RP event from yesterday. I was playing Janser, and met Wandrian, Thurin, and Korian in the temple. After a chat, we went to the Nomad, and boy, did Korian and Thurin drink. It's a shame they sobered up eventually, so Janser never succeeded with getting them in his circus, but it was awfully lot of fun.
So Wands, Kor, and Thurin, thank you for that fun time!

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Troxa

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2006, 20:48 PM 

Player

Wasnt planning on posting here since i dont want people to feel as they arent noticed, But since im bored ill put some names of awesome RP's ive bumped into one time or another anyway.

No special comments, Just names;

Raziel
Nimien
Yossarin
Ezekiel

_______

Oh and the Troll thingy with Larra was really cool ^^
_______

Then theres many many really good RP's ive watched, As i do most of the time, But I havent really been involved with them so i wont mention it.

El Toffee

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 14 2006, 15:45 PM 

Player

No-one'll prolly say me, so meh. But..

Nimien Aluun
Raziel
Hunar Iroff
Veh'dra Arabett
Six'nilia Arabett
Boppi
Dippel
Mander
Wolf
Charming Cin
Ashante
Wing Wolfer
And maybe Xan'exu Naku'rax.

EDIT - Krin Shadowflame; perfect companion for me because we're both absolutely bloody bonkers.

EDIT - Janxo Arabett; nice guy in general unless you tick him off. Always good to have a laugh with.
Lila Espanien; We've RolePlayed recently and I've found it great. Keep it up! *thumbs up*

.. top my list. If I had one.

And thanks Eow for that PM about my grammar.. pity it's been slipping lately, damn my fingers...

In-active player. Active Lurker.

Last edited by El Toffee on Thu, May 25 2006, 18:23 PM, edited 4 times in total.

Massasoit

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2006, 2:53 AM 

Player

Troxa wrote:
_______

Oh and the Troll thingy with Larra was really cool ^^
_______

Probably just slipping my mind, but what troll thing?

Dark

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2006, 8:01 AM 

Player

Mander. Boppi. Drem. Dippel. Woo?

An'ar Velu
Rena Espinan

Tontu

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:53 AM 

Player

^ Agrees with Dark.

Amia isn't Amia without the gits. Period.

Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Caligynephobia: Fear of beautiful women.
Dikephobia: Fear of justice.

Redfren

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 16 2006, 13:08 PM 

Player

:D i'm not great with names. mmm.. so

I would like to thank everyone who has taken a moment to role play with Wolf Shadowflame,

While simple hellos don't seem like much they leave me with a smile each and every time

So thanks everyone :")

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8738 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 175  Next