View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ] 
Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 13 2015, 22:35 PM 

Player

It's with a heavy heart that I pass along the news that Selvec Darkon (Tim Gregory-Hunt) has lost his fight to cancer. His mother and sister passed along the news to his Facebook page this morning.

We'd like to open this topic for our players to remember Selvec Darkon and the best times they had with him, with the intention of making memorial for him in the game and mirroring responses here to his memorial.

I'll be updating this topic as we get more information from the family.

Here is the post from his mother and sister:
"To all of Tim's friends, sadly today Tim lost his battle and has left us. He stayed strong and fought hard to the end, at peace at last he left calmly and with honor. Will post details of Tim's farewell soon. Love to Tim from Mum and Elizabeth"

Analog Kid

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 13 2015, 22:39 PM 

Player

Fuck Cancer. :(

That was the caption on the shirt worn by one of my fathers friends at his funeral this past september. My sincere condolences to Tim's family and friends.

Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Last edited by Analog Kid on Mon, Apr 13 2015, 22:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Sphinx

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 13 2015, 22:45 PM 

Player

I didn't know Selvec well, but I too am saddened by his untimely departure. My condolences to his family and close ones, and to everyone touched by these very dark news.

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 13 2015, 22:46 PM 

Player

I remembered his War Knight, Calin Katar and the skill at which he both lead, and educated others on the way of the Warrior.

Vaelmith had gone to him to learn to help improve his knowledge of tactics and leadership when he had improved in the Weave Knights and was potentially on his way to a leadership position.

My condolences to Tim and his family as well.

ShadowRayne

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 13 2015, 23:55 PM 

Player

My heart goes out to his Family and Friends.
I've lost too many family members to Cancer, I know how they feel.

He will certainly be missed by many he has interacted with in his time both on Amia and in Real Life.
Rest well Tim, your pain is over.

And I want that T-Shirt you mentioned now, Analog. It is very fitting.

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
Puff saved Cordor by climbing in a Golem's ass. <.< All fear the ass goblin.

Merrien

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 0:04 AM 

Player

It's been 100 years since I've been on the forums, and even longer since I've been in game, but I'll post here as well.

I mostly knew Tim through his drow character, Xal, though I did get to RP some with Calin.

I remember being pleasantly surprised at how well he RPed two such different characters.

Most of all, I will remember him for his exceeding kindness. He liked to hide a compassionate soul with a wicked humor, but that kind soul peeked through.

He was one of the most respectful people I've RPed with, a gifted artist and musician, a loving son and brother, and a good friend.

I'm sure his puppy will miss him too, but I hope that dog gives his family some love and comfort now that his light has left this world.

Love to my Amia family.

Merrien.

Analog Kid

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 0:21 AM 

Player

I wish I knew how to paste the pic directly up here...... :(

Here it is anyway.

Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Moogle

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 0:24 AM 

Player

Sphinx wrote:
I didn't know Selvec well, but I too am saddened by his untimely departure. My condolences to his family and close ones, and to everyone touched by these very dark news.

I echo Sphinx with this. Mine and my family's hearts goes out to Selvec's family and friends and I'm so, so terribly sorry. Cancer is never friendly to those it strikes and can be just as hard on the loved ones of the patient as it is the patient themselves. It has woven its way through my own family and every time I hear of cancer ravaging another I can't do anything but cry for the loss of life - even though he is at peace now and no longer suffering - and the effect it has on the family.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 0:48 AM 

Player

Shit. 'Fuck Cancer' sums it up well.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 2:26 AM 

Player

Considering his work on the Order of the Flaming Blade faction, would it be right by the DMs to rename one of our NPC Homeguard after his PC?

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 2:28 AM 

Player

Holy fuck, this. I would love that.

I think it's fitting, like the NPC in the Shadow Realm (again I must state how hard I will rage if that's ever removed/altered, lol).

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

SkyfallingHaven

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 3:51 AM 

Player

Moogle wrote:
Sphinx wrote:

I echo Sphinx with this. Mine and my family's hearts goes out to Selvec's family and friends and I'm so, so terribly sorry. Cancer is never friendly to those it strikes and can be just as hard on the loved ones of the patient as it is the patient themselves. It has woven its way through my own family and every time I hear of cancer ravaging another I can't do anything but cry for the loss of life - even though he is at peace now and no longer suffering - and the effect it has on the family.

I cannot say much better words then this myself. I knew Selvec only briefly and I rather enjoyed speaking with him as a person. I am sad to see him go let alone in such a way. My own family has gone through much in the ways of Cancer as well and I have held the hand of family who was claimed by it during their last moments. My heart goes out to his family and I hope he has found peace where ever he has gone. Cheers Selvec. I shall pray for your family.

Aruilther - The Bard

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 4:06 AM 

Player

Selvec greatly influenced the way I developed on this server, one of my inspirations for making a War Knight, and truly just a fantastic person.

Strength and honor Timmy, you'll be remembered in high thoughts.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 4:34 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Considering his work on the Order of the Flaming Blade faction, would it be right by the DMs to rename one of our NPC Homeguard after his PC?

Think renaming out reclaimed Temple in the Merc Camp would be an awesome memorial for him!

I met Selvec only briefly on a few occasions once in RP, once when he was clientside..... both times had significant impact on my RP experiences here... I never got to know him well, but what I did know of him was, he was as some have said, a nice guy with wicked sense of humor as my unseelie feytouched BG found out :) ...

And my father passed from cancer a few years back..... indeed "Fuck Cancer"

I wish his family the best and my heart goes out to them at this time.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Kenneth

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 6:41 AM 

Player

I remember RPing with him some, but not as well as others do. I'm sorry this has happened to him and all those who were closer to him.

It'd be cool to see him as an NPC somewhere, doing something, still carrying the torch, or something to memorialize him. I'm not sure who would be in the best position to make sure it's done right, but it's a really nice idea.

linlan

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 7:41 AM 

Player

Selvec Darkon wrote:

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Metzlitemoctzin - Payit slave, now freed from Silent's sadostyle of plotting !

Elorathall

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 9:02 AM 

Player

My condolences to the family and friends. Let's get something IG to remember him.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

kalcibone

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 9:53 AM 

Player

I didn't speak t him much, but when I did it was always a good time. I hope he is never forgotton.

Broldi

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 11:31 AM 

Player

Put a statue of Selvec, like on top of a hill somewhere. :)

Dead

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 11:39 AM 

Player

Rest in peace dude.. :///

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 15:13 PM 

Player

Well... shit.

Red Knight was always cooler than Tempus, and Calin showed that in spades.

I liked Selvec. He was a good dude. I'll miss him.

Nivo

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 15:24 PM 

Player

I never RP'd much with the guy when he was around, but I always liked what I saw from a distance. My condolences to his family and friends. I was sad to hear this news. As one of those who have lost close family members to cancer, I was really hoping it wouldn't claim another life. To that I can only repeat...

Analog Kid wrote:
Fuck Cancer.

Rigela

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 15:33 PM 

Player

Well fuck, that sucks. I have many fond memories of interacting with Xal, even if I didn't know Tim himself well.

He was a great and fun dude though and will be missed.

RaveN

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 16:14 PM 

Administrative Developer

Fuck cancer. :(

Kudark

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 17:05 PM 

Player

We talked more OOC than IC actually, and he always made me feel less intelligent, than I think I am.
Do I feel smarter now? No, I feel at a loss, even though it's been a long while since we spoke.
I'm saddened too, and it brings me closer to my own mortality. I fear death.
See you on the other side, man, and we can finish that talk about class balance.

davis114

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 17:17 PM 

Player

Calin and Crunch had a lot of good times together, especially when it came to arguing about the Red Knight vs Tempus. I talked to Selvec long after I left the War Knights. He was an unbelievable rp'er, and an even better man. Strength and Honor, Selvec. You'll be missed.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Galenson

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 15 2015, 10:39 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

A decade ago, Selvec had the misfortune of being stuck in the same timezone as me. Surprisingly, we got along well: we both understood one another and experienced the same frustrations on a server very different to today.

During the long, DM-less nights of the Aussie timezone, the Aussie/Kiwi rivalry between us made some very entertaining times: it made the arduous task of level grinding bearable, even moreso when Metalien (a pom) was dragged into it and we reminded him that the best of the british became the Aussies and Kiwis of today.

On the slow nights where standing in Cordor was all most people could be stuffed doing, Xal was always around and usually present for the shenanigans at my character Jack's expense. It was quite common for the two of them to throw insults at one another for a past time, similar to what myself and Selvec did to one another in good humour.

Selvec's greatest contribution for me though was his character Kroann Bloodbeard. Selvec was obsessed with Duergar and he also believed that there was more to the Underdark then just Drow: a sentiment that greatly influenced my later years on the server and my general interest in the Underdark itself. If it wasn't for him, I would not have created my Orog character or unarchived the Scholar to give things another crack. Indirectly, his influence gave me my shot to wear the DM hat. I never got the chance to thank him for that which is a shame.

I do miss gaming with the prick. Fate is a cruel bitch, but I'm glad to hear he didn't give up. He fought: that's what mattered and that's what he'll be remembered for.

R.I.P mate.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 15 2015, 15:35 PM 

Player

I miss DMing the Australian timezone and being entertained by aussie party chat.

Kraniumbrud

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 15 2015, 17:08 PM 

Player

He was a good friend and a good rp'er I will look back fondly of my memories with that bastard :), you might have been my enemy in charecter, but I enjoyed every second bantering with you.

Requiescat In Pace

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 1:27 AM 

Player

Well crap.

I only ever RP'd with Selvec very briefly, during the window when Calin Katar assembled the Jarl-Wardens. He seemed like a nice guy, and I wish I'd had more opportunity to know him better.

I hope he was finally somehow able to find the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum, whatever that is. I'd have loved to have seen that in game.

DerkDerkistan

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 8:24 AM 

Player

This sucks.

Calin plays a prominent role in my first memory of this server and that event is the reason I stuck it out and stayed here this long. The world lost a cool dude. :(

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 4:56 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

TormakSaber wrote:
I miss DMing the Australian timezone and being entertained by aussie party chat.

I guarantee you were rolling your eyes at most of it. The shit we talk about.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Devolgerax

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 18 2015, 20:55 PM 

Player

May he Rest in Peace

Silent2001

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 19 2015, 13:05 PM 

Player

Selvec was a cool chap. His character Xal will always remain my favourite drow PC, mostly because he was a continuous thorn in Gorthod's side. As well as being an awesome player, he made a damn good DM too, I saw his events topside and as a player and you could tell he actually put a lot of thought into the events. Despite all this, it's the player I'll miss the most, and his awesome friendship.

Dunecat

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 19 2015, 17:55 PM 

Player

Wish I knew him better. R.I.P.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 26 2015, 23:38 PM 

Player

I have really good memories about him. He was a great and resourceful person and a good friend. While I had a lot of IC interactions with him I mostly had ooc conversations with him. Oddly enough our characters always had a form of rivalry Calin vs Yaston or Xal vs Glendil about who is being the cooler knight or bard. However, most of the times they had the same opinion on the actual events.

He was a great contributor to the server, as a player, a DM or a Dev. I hope that he is resting in peace and my condolences to the family.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 30 2015, 23:55 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

He has gone to the Great PnP DnD game in the sky, with the likes of Gary Gygax, David Arneson! I cast magic missle at the darkness!

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

elmmaster

PostPosted: Sun, May 10 2015, 18:27 PM 

Player

I began playing my War knight Kaldamorte Korvath the same week that Calin Katar was introduced to the order of the flaming blade. We squired side by side under war Lord Crunch and climbed through the ranks together as time went on. I was happy to see his character in the play list when ever I logged in for war knight rp because I knew how he enriched and furthered storylines. I will miss the interactions with his various characters but Calin Katar most of all.

R.I.P. Tim, you will be remembered forever in the minds and hearts of the amians who's lives and rp you've touched.

Slangachduinn Garurtiejir

chefwudan

PostPosted: Thu, May 14 2015, 4:46 AM 

Player

Although my interactions with him were fewer than many, he was always fun to RP with and will be missed.

Amia has been a second family for me personally, filled with so many great people and personalities. Selvec was yet another example of the good people one can expect to find on Amia.

My prayers are with his family and friends as they navigate through the process of dealing with losing a loved one.

Dev Disco

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 06 2015, 9:57 AM 

HRM Chicken I of Amia

I am very sorry to hear this. Selvec came to the server a few months after I did (around the time Jesus was born), and experienced Amia in its glorious highs and ominous lows. He was a straightforward type of guy, as many people from Upsidedownland are; not someone who was prone to drama queenisms (very refreshing at some points in the history of this server). It's a shame to see him go at such a young age.

Dwagin

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 09 2015, 17:47 PM 

Player

He was awesome, I'm very sad to learn of this.

I can't say anything else other than.. fuck cancer.

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 09 2015, 18:41 PM 

Player

After months... I have decided to post here...
When ive heard of what happened it broke me up... ive cried over it countless times...
My mother had it on her breast... a friend have it on his brain... and I may have it on a skin spot on my back...

I still remember that time.. Selvec and a lot of leaders gathering on the EO cathedral to make plans... it was amazing... wish i could've made Hall and joinned the WK by that time so we couldve had RPed way more...

Oh.. made this... too
http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=61978&p=1360812#p1360812

Rest in peace...

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]