View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
TormakSaber

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:06 AM 

Player

Spamming Gates that no longer unsummon seem very overpowered.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:30 AM 

Tester

Wouldn't be possible. You have to be able to talk to the summon to get access the menu and get it into Guard mode. It isn't automatically summoned in it. Meaning if you're already in combat, there's no way to get it into Guard mode. Spamming mid-combat with the intent that it'd immediately get an indefinite duration summon wouldn't work

Now, the greatest issue I could see with it is putting a summon in Guard mode and trying to lure mobs back to it. That's honestly very cheesy and unfortunately, I could see that as the number one reason not to have it in the task list. I would hope at a certain point, it's not worth it to drag mobs across the map into the small area where the summon would care about it. Also, as the summon is removed from the party, it would no longer follow Summoner commands(Attack, Follow Me, Guard Me, etc). If you lure a bunch of Brog mobs back to it and it chooses to fight the Dodo, rather than the 4 ice giants smacking you, that's your fault for trying to use a defensive ability offensively.

I want it to be clear as well that this wouldn't be a method to get out multiple summons either. Casting a new summon would dismiss the Guard mode creature immediately. It simply needs to be removed from the party so it doesn't teleport with you when you change areas. It also keeps you from meta-ing if the summon is attacked while you're gone. This isn't an Alarm spell(though it may work well in conjunction with one).

Last edited by Dark Immolation on Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:38 AM, edited 1 time in total.

corypx

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:37 AM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
Wouldn't be possible. You have to be able to talk to the summon to get access the menu and get it into Guard mode. It isn't automatically summoned in it. Meaning if you're already in combat, there's no way to get it into Guard mode. Spamming mid-combat with the intent that it'd immediately get an indefinite duration summon wouldn't work

Now, the greatest issue I could see with it is putting a summon in Guard mode and trying to lure mobs back to it. That's honestly very cheesy and unfortunately, I could see that as the number one reason not to have it in the task list. I would hope at a certain point, it's not worth it to drag mobs across the map into the small area where the summon would care about it. Also, as the summon is removed from the party, it would no longer follow Summoner commands(Attack, Follow Me, Guard Me, etc). If you lure a bunch of Brog mobs back to it and it chooses to fight the Dodo, rather than the 4 ice giants smacking you, that's your fault for trying to use a defensive ability offensively.

I want it to be clear as well that this wouldn't be a method to get out multiple summons either. Casting a new summon would dismiss the Guard mode creature immediately. It simply needs to be removed from the party so it doesn't teleport with you when you change areas.

Even if they did that, its not worth it, every map you would have to summon it again... or even if you could spam 5 gates on the map and have them all as guards there... oh they blew a bunch of gates for a single map to kill a bunch of trashy mobs they could have done just as easy without kiting them back to guards.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11