View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 14:30 PM 

Player

First off, thanks to DireCorbie, for helping me with doing this, and, of course, for taking care of the Portrait Pack for almost two years! The portrait pack is a really nice thing.
However, I'm taking this over now. With force if neccessary. It's mine. My own. My... Precious.

A lot of this post is salvaged from Corbie's post. I'm removing the quotes to organise a bit. For reference, this is Corbie's post.

Portrait Pack?

This is a collection of the portraits that are made by the players of Amia (or copied from somewhere) for the players of Amia (in many cases for themselves, but unless any of the portraits are watermarked, in my book you are allowed to use it). If you have a nice portrait, and you want everyone else to see your really awesome portrait, or you want to add a bit more of a face to your character, rather than just the IG model, send me your portraits.

How do I send the portraits?

1. Convert to a portrait:
show
Creating A Custom Portrait

Step 1.
Using an image editor of your choice that supports the Targa (.tga) format, create a new blank image 256 x 512 pixels in dimension. Example software includes Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.

Only the top portion of the image is displayed in the game, so that the actual size of your portrait is 256 x 400 pixels. The bottom portion of the image MUST be blank and unused. If it is not blank, your computer will light on fire and explode when you try to save your game -- er, well, or it might just crash.

Areas of the image:

canvas is the entire image
portrait is the area used by the game
blank is the unused area (but required)

You can also download the sample portrait I created, shown left. (This portrait is meant to be humorous, and should inspire you to do better!) You will need WinZip to unzip this portrait. If you view my sample portrait in your image editor, you will see it has the blank area described above. Remember, if you don't leave this area blank, you will experience crashes when you try to save your game.

Step 2.
Create your custom portrait, whatever it may be, in the 'portrait' area. Remember, even though the total size of the canvas is 256 x 512 pixels, only use the top 256 x 400 pixels as diagrammed above for the portrait itself.

Step 3.
Now you need to create five versions of the portrait for the game to use. You have already created the largest version, so you can just resize it to make each of the four other smaller versions.

The dimensions of the five versions needed are:

256x400 (on a 256x512 canvas) - used for the Player Character Bio
128x200 (on a 128x256 canvas) - used for the character sheet
64x100 (on a 64x128 canvas) - used for the in-game portrait
32x50 (on a 32x64 canvas) - used for the party members and radial menu
16x25 (on a 16x32 canvas) - used for the chat thumbnail

Step 4.
You must save the images as Targa (.tga) files, (selecting the '24 bits' and 'uncompressed' options of your software). Compressed Targa files will not work in NWN. The filenames for the five versions must follow this pattern:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxh.tga (for the 256x512 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl.tga (for the 128x256 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxm.tga (for the 64x128 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxs.tga (for the 32x64 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt.tga (for the 16x32 canvas)

Where the prefix "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is a name you create, is 1 to 15 characters in length, and the same for all five versions.

The 'h', 'l', 'm' ,'s', and 't' that follows the prefix indicates the size of the image (Huge, Large, Medium, Small, and Tiny).

So for my sample portrait, I created these five images:

robinsample_h.tga
robinsample_l.tga
robinsample_m.tga
robinsample_s.tga
robinsample_t.tga

As you can see, my images all have the same prefix of "robinsample_" (since it is 12 characters in total, it follows the rule of being between 1 to 15 characters), and I also have each of the five versions - 'h', 'l', 'm' ,'s', and 't'.

Once you have either created your portrait, or downloaded one, you can use it in the game.

Alternatively, TormakSaber provided an alternative solution:
Place the jpeg or etc of the file you'd like made into a portrait, unto your portrait folder, no converting needed. Boot up NWN, and at the main screen, bring up the console with the ~ key. Then type

ConvertPortrait Filename

NWN will then automatically resize and make 5 proper correct working copies of your picture.

2. Send to my Email:
robbi320.portraits@gmail.com

3. Wait until I release my next portrait pack

Notes and warnings:

1. You can now change your portraits in the Character Modification room in the entry. This means that in most cases the point about using underscores is not really relevant as far as I understand. All you need to know is the portrait's file name.

2. The file name needs to be shorter than 15 symbols in front of the file extension (.tga), of which one has to be the correct suffix (h/l/m/s/t).

3. Send the files in zip format.

4. Please have the subject of the mail as [Amia] Portrait of CharacterName. Then I can make a list with every updated portrait more easily.

5. You can put the portraits either in the portraits folder or the override folder. Both makes you see them IG, but putting them in "portraits" shows them at character creation, which can cause NWN to crash or load the portrait selection slowly.

6. If you want me to remove a portrait from the pack, PM me with the reason please.

7. If your portrait is missing, PM me, and I can try to see where it got lost. This also is true with the transition from Corbie to me. If your portrait suddenly is not showing, please tell me and I'll see what I can do.

8. Due to lack of any sort of drawing skills, I will not watermark images (though you can if you want to), and I can't make any pictures for you. There probably are people who can do it for you, if you ask around (for example in Off Topic).

9. Partly because of point 8, I will not take any responsibility if someone uses your portrait. If you really mind, just send them a PM, but in the end, it's a compliment to your work.

10. Keep the portraits safe for work and within the rules of Amia. I will likely look at most of the pictures you send me, and I will remove any pictures if complaints are made about them. Cleavage - Yes , Nudity - No. Same goes with gore.

11. I will try to update each month, at the beginning, just like Corbie did. Of course, Real Life and internet problems can get in the way, so please be patient.

Current Pack: November 4 2018

Full November 2018

Add-on November 2018

Update: Add-on December 2018

New portraits:

Karindi
Abigail
Laura

Update:
Montana
Jaheila

Archives:

Older Full:

Older Add-on:

Please don't get too confused about the naming of my files. Due to wanting them in order, I always name the files year-month(in numbers)-month(first three letters). On the other hand, the current pack information up there actually is the date I updated it.

I'll try my best at this. If you have any ideas to improve this, or spelling mistakes or something, please tell me!

Last edited by robbi320 on Fri, Dec 07 2018, 20:26 PM, edited 18 times in total.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 18:35 PM 

Player

Seems I derped and accidentally mixed up the links. Now, the "full" link should lead to to the "full" download, and "addon" to "addon", and not vice-versa. Thanks to speedgrab for pointing that out.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 01 2017, 12:02 PM 

Player

Updated!

New portraits:

Fisshean
Fir'quemil
Djessl
Elijah

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 13:31 PM 

Player

Hey, I forgot to ask something when I made this. Could a DM replace the link in "optional downloads" in the sidebar please? Right now it links to Corbie's version. I asked a DM, but apparently it forgot.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 13:55 PM 

Player

Trying to figure out who has the access and how. >.> Stay tuned.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 22:07 PM 

Player

Oh, ok. Sorry if I seemed impatient then. Didn't know it would be that big of a problem. :)

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 02 2017, 15:07 PM 

Player

Ok. Updated for February.

Bump for the DMs again, please update the sidebar, since that is where new people will get their stuff, and we have a few new people around. It's just a simple swap of the links. From Corbie's old link to the link of this page.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01 2017, 15:06 PM 

Player

I hate you all. (In a nice way)

This month is a bit weird. First weird thing is, apparently, people did not have Rosary's portrait. I threw that back in in the add-on. So, you will have to simply overwrite her old one if you already had that.
Elwyn's new portrait was added, pretty regular thing.
Now, goblindarts sent me a few portraits, and I found it weird what I should do with 'em, so I threw them all (back) in. If you are mad at having to click through all that, be mad at goblindarts. ;) It's a collection of Xylo's, Terralis', Sammy's and goblindarts' portraits, some of which already are in the pack. Some of these didn't load for me to look at, that might just be on my PC, might be good for the makers to download the add-on just to be sure all the portraits work.

tl;dr: Updated for March, just click 'overwrite' for all the options it presents.

Terallis

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 01 2017, 19:18 PM 

Player

To put up a small mention, with March, the Full March link links to the Full February pack, and the Add-On March link links to the Full March pack

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:47 AM 

Player

Damn it! It's fixed now. Sorry for the inconvinience (again...). I'll try to not make that mistake again.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 02 2017, 19:18 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
Damn it! It's fixed now. Sorry for the inconvinience (again...). I'll try to not make that mistake again.

i just checked the full pack and it's missing RosaryDoodle and ElwynSabel which are in the march addon pack.

it's easier to see what's been added when you arrange by date.

edit; also crazy to think this rar/these portraits have been handed around since 2002

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 18:35 PM 

Player

Updated.

Celandine Verdier
Opal
Leucis
Ardah
Esenne
Rania

Delayed on behalf of a request to wait, since waiting a month for a new portrait can be a pretty long wait.

Also, since I did not make notes, I forgot whether I edited commies last statement. For that reason, I added Elwyn and Rosary in both packs again.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, May 07 2017, 20:47 PM 

Player

Hi. I'm terribly sorry this is delayed, I admit I forgot about this. However, since this month only one portrait was submitted, I'm not going to update the full pack, and insted only post the addon.

Add-on May 2017

Sylveera

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 09 2017, 14:03 PM 

Player

Updated, finally.

Added:
Kyljun
Falenor
Anahera
Sullivan I guess the pack is... Sullied now...

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 04 2017, 16:30 PM 

Player

Next pack is out. I hope I'm getting better at doing it without messing up full/Add-on, etc. :D

Jason
Izariel
Ileleste
Rilune
Willow
Valeria
Hael'irra

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 25 2017, 12:45 PM 

Player

Alright. Since I'm going to be gone from July 29 to August 16, this leaves this in a slightly impractical situation.
I'd suggest that anyone who still has a portait that wants to be added as soon as possible, I'll post a minor update on friday. Then, on the 16th, I'll do the actual update. So, either send me the portaits soon, or wait until the middle of August.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 28 2017, 11:56 AM 

Player

Alright, here's the temporary two portraits for August, with the complete and more orderly update coming later.

Temporary Portrait Pack

The portraits for for Lali and Ly'nes.

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:31 AM 

Player

First off, I would like to apologise for the delay, my internet has been pretty bad up until a few days ago, to the point that I was unable to log into MEGA. The September pack is out now, though.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 07 2017, 12:09 PM 

Player

Updated for October, two new portraits.

Ilythalu
Sui'Aerl Valis

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 10:42 AM 

Player

November pack is out:

Kyathanis
Osric
Emberwatch
Beatrix
Kestrel

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 04 2018, 17:47 PM 

Player

I simply didn't bother poating any new information, since there were no submitted portraits. However, since there's no January portraits, I thought I'd bump this to say that I'm still doing this, and I'll keep doing this until I decide to leave for good and I find a replacement. (which won't be likely to happen anytime soon)

No matter how much time I have, or lack, it really is nice to see this pack evolve. Quite a few very nice portraits have passed through my hands, and far more, equally beautiful ones were passedthrough the hands of my predecessors. I absolutely love the idea of a portrait pack, and I think it's a bit sad that there's been no new portraits...

That said, I do feel like I have to apologise for the randomness of the times and dates I released the new packs. I hope that with having my life a bit more scheduled, having a job (finally) and generally not being as random.

This feels more like a "how are you doing" post, but since I needed to bump this anyway...

tl;dr: bump. :D

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2018, 10:39 AM 

Player

Still nothing submitted, sadly. Just throwing the word out, once more, that this exists, and it's pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Send me portraits! It isn't all that hard. Do it! Now! Or else!

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 02 2018, 10:35 AM 

Player

Turns out, I'm pretty terrible at being organised. I admit, I haven't really looked at the email in a while, and forgot that it existed, even. Either way, I updated it... Hopefully you guys don't hate me for being so late.

New additions are:
Peraga
Arhaic
Syere
Drovin
Draco

Please don't hate me...

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 01 2018, 13:14 PM 

Player

Nevember pack is out. Got a pretty nice haul, once again!
The new portraits added are: Alxhair, Anira, Armin, Elwyn, Idunna, Illunamaeryx, Melsany, Naerwen.

There will a be a prompt to overwrite Elwyn's portrait, should be five cases of this happening. Just say yes to all five.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 04 2018, 13:54 PM 

Player

November pack is out! The real one, for once.

Three new portraits: Abigail, Laura and Karindi

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 07 2018, 20:28 PM 

Player

So... hi guys. As you might have noticed, I've had a low in motivation... It extends to RL too, and in general my motivation to do just about anything is a bit low. Which means I was a bit lazy to wait the three minutes to make it a full pack for just two portraits. So I made it a small update.

The new portraits are Montana and Jaheila.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 26 2018, 18:32 PM 

Player

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hansaya.7z

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 14:11 PM 

Player

I need to clarify some things here, since I kind of just abandoned this project. With my old computer's death, so too did my MEGA password die. I have no idea what it was, or how I will ever find it. what that means is that in order to set up the portrait pack once more, I would have to make a new mega, redownload it all, and deal with all of that again. That, coupled with my severe lack of motivation, both for amia and the portrait pack in particular, means I'm not going to update it any further. To Mushidoz, and anyone else who has/had a portrait in waiting, I'm very sorry.

If anyone wants to pick this up, it really isn't hard, it's just a deal of uploading a file every month, and I'd be glad to help in any way I can. But I'm not going to set this up all over again, to help a very-low-pop server that I hardly play on, if at all. I'm sorry.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 14:13 PM 

DM

I can take this over for you, Robbi. No worries. <3

I'll make up a post for it soon.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 16:24 PM 

DM

Anyone who sent in portraits to Robbi after the last update he did, re-send them to me via this post!

Thanks, guys!

See me DM-side as:

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 18:24 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
To Mushidoz, and anyone else who has/had a portrait in waiting, I'm very sorry.

Hey no offense taken at all! Perfectly understandable! :D

Jes, do I need to send you back the file you yourself sent me? :D

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 19:08 PM 

DM

No. xD I have yours.

See me DM-side as:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]