View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:50 AM 

Player

OpenTheRift wrote:
Had a great no-guard moment today where a bunch of PCs used their epic powers to exert their wills. Can confirm, it's fantastic. Fangs were bared, slays were had.

Happens!

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 5:07 AM 

Player

I'm not trying to get you in trouble. But I don't really think you should be having NPC's take action that can't be at the moment represented in game, because you can't IC respond to it.

If they had tried to grab me, I'd have responded. If you had, I'd have responded. But nothing happened, and I would have really liked to RP the outcome. But it was not possible as doing anything then what your emote said becomes metagaming, and I don't like it. Moreso that there's no way to verify if it's even a 'lawful order' you're giving. Or if you even control the whole temple or just the private areas with locks.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 14:29 PM 

Player

What sticks out to me in that interaction is the sudden silence of the faction owner and shift to ooc expectations based on DM forces that are not present or intractable. This is disruptive because it tears away the veil of RP. It is also short sighted in that it puts undo stress on an already stretched DM population.

Just throwing this out. If you want to use force, do it. Ask a friend if you can't alone. RP

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 14:29 PM 

Player

What sticks out to me in that interaction is the sudden silence of the faction owner and shift to ooc expectations based on DM forces that are not present or intractable. This is disruptive because it tears away the veil of RP. It is also short sighted in that it puts undo stress on an already stretched DM population.

Just throwing this out. If you want to use force, do it. Ask a friend if you can't alone. RP

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 14:32 PM 

Player

Sik mobile double posting

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2