View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
lilmarcat

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:14 AM 

Player

Because people keep saying there going to start a thread on it, but haven't yet!

Old bug - If a PC's stat is higher then the forms base it is merged as a temporary, meaning it can only go up to the +12 CAP. I.E You have 40 CON. Form has 10 CON. You can only reach 22 CON in the form. 10+12=22. I understand that fixing this would require a lot of work under the hood though, so probably wont get touched. Something to note for balance reasons though!

New bug - All buffs on a form disappear when changing form. This is likely due to "Fixed Shifter buffs remaining after leaving form. All shifter buffs created via shape ability now only work while in that shape. This also applies to buffs cast on others." This bug is what is probably killing the class most at the moment. The Shifter class is suppose to be designed primarily around picking the right shape for the task ahead. Not being able to actively switch between forms without heavy penalties (loss of all buffs) is incredibly detrimental to that purpose.

Other then the limited use per day forms, what spells/abilities do shifters actually get that requires this script?
Mage armor - commonly available on wands to anyone with UMD. Only gives one dodge AC engame.
Stoneskin - easily available in potion form
One with the land - rare wands, minor skill buff
Mass Camo. - rare wands, decent skill buff
Blood frenzy - rare wands, limited duration
Wyrmling auras - cant remember how they work.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:33 AM 

Player

mass haste is the reason that was nerfed. infinite "the best spell in the game" in any form.

old shifters were actually broken, unbeatable with the right build/gearing. those spells arn't much individually but add them all up and you have the buff ability of a full caster, except infinite, and were unkillable.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:36 AM 

Player

Last I heard the first issue wasn't something that could be changed; but yeah if it requires substantial effort to fix I don't see it happening. TBH it's not that big of a deal.

With the other one, the only things that get removed are the self-cast buffs from shifter abilities; stuff from items and even self-cast druid spells remain. IDK but it sounded like you are saying all buffs are gone, which shouldn't be the case (I tested this on the server after it was implemented and it was working as intended). I just tested it IG and it is only stripping shape-cast buffs.

They also get (this includes the buffs from the feat-shapes, which you have to include as any shifter is going to take them all most likely):
Blinding Speed (10 round haste)
Multiple rages that stack with pots
Mass Haste
Improved Invisibility
Flame Weapon

The point also was to make it so shifters can't self-buff and beat on anything.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

corypx

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2017, 3:19 AM 

Player

Shifters are kind of in a no win spot and never will be as its not like spells where DMs can buff them and make them usable with all your extra spell slots.

If its a melee form it all boils down to AB and AC and one form will all ways have that better then another, or the form has crap AB but it spams a unlimited use spell AKA rak form spams icestorms, Epic Medusa Firebrand.

Before Wyrmling cast a elemental shield of the element of the colour of the form, and then people would turn into the gargoyle form, so you could damage shield tank.
And you could use a bunch of the other crap forms one buff because the form itself was useless over all in highend combat like epic Basilisk Stoneskin,Minotaur Blood Frenzy, Wyrmling ((each had like a different one)) Drow had Mage Armor, Dire tiger had blinding speed....ect

So yeah if you wanted to jump in and out of forms all the time you could buff up nice, but now with without being able to use the buffs in other forms a lot of them don't get used at all so most of the forms might as well not exist other then rare RP/event cases.
Over all Wildshape 1,2,3 and 4 along with Humanoid are all unused other then maybe Wyrmling for Bio true seeing, Mindflayer for knockdown spam otherwise its just all feat forms as they have better base stats so they have better AB,damage and AC and better perks.

And in truth pure druid with the upgraded spells changes they did with spell focuses and just spell changes over all elemental forms are really nice.
Elder water= Acid Fog
Greater fire= Fireball and Combust
Elder earth= Stonehold
Elder air= Call Lightning
On top of the fact your a pure druid so you can have your max level Animal Companion, and epic spell summon, a bunch of spells and the ability to do PnP spells and stuff in RP/events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]