View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Maverick00053

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2017, 23:58 PM 

DM

Alright guys.

LE remains untouched by the NE and CE both got tweaks.

CE got more consistent damage and DR to match its LE counterpart.

The NE got tweaked to become a more unique caster-like summon. I removed the caster buffs from the summon but gave it a few more toys. I also balanced out its DR because of its new improvements. I am looking for new feedback on this guy mostly. I decided to take a new approach with this summon so we will see how it goes.

Sig

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 3:25 AM 

Player

Could you guys post the summon stats? It would be really appreciated as the fiendish summon is the most powerful part of the BG and would help immensely in build-planning.

Also, I heard that there is no benefit to the fiendish summon with the epic feat after level 16, so going 20 blackguard would be a bit of a waste. Is this true?

The feedback would help a lot so that I can plan my build right without having to rebuild completely.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 3:48 AM 

DM

You get the bonuses listed on the side bar for the BG summon. So you do end up getting something the more BG you commit. Also we have had a policy since forever that we dont post summon stats.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 17:37 PM 

Player

LE summon is possibly the best martial summon on Amia second only potentially to 27+ repose domain. It has 50 ac, 40ab and a great axe stacked with damage hitting 40-50 regularly at 3x crit.

NE is a caster / xbow using summon with 22 base dage per hit iirc. It can cast buffs via conversation such as improved invisibility and freedom of movement. Neat that it is the only truly dedicated ranged summon I know of which gives you an interesting avenue to explore.

CE is a rogue, don't know anything about it.

PS. Beyond 16 BG is useless.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 17:41 PM 

Player

PSS. Doesn't it boggle the mind to ask for feedback when the community a can't share the info b doesn't know it or c has to level a whole new char just to test it.

You would get much more thorough analysis of the change if everyone knew exactly what was done

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 17:47 PM 

DM

Amia is a RP server. The BG summons shouldnt dictate which alignment your character is and that is why rule has always been in place. Love it or hate it, it is currently the rule.

Nevertheless, I am balancing them regardless because repeats of the past where everyone choose the construct EMD shouldnt happen again.

The NE has been tuned quite a bit. It is more caster focused and damage focused while losing a lot of the buffs it once had.

The CE is about on par with the LE one now. The DR was increased significantly and its damage was shifted away from sneaks slightly so it wasnt so awful half the time.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 17:51 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
Amia is a RP server. The BG summons shouldnt dictate which alignment your character is and that is why rule has always been in place. Love it or hate it, it is currently the rule.

Nevertheless, I am balancing them regardless because repeats of the past where everyone choose the construct EMD shouldnt happen again.

The NE has been tuned quite a bit. It is more caster focused and damage focused while losing a lot of the buffs it once had.

The CE is about on par with the LE one now. The DR was increased significantly and its damage was shifted away from sneaks slightly so it wasnt so awful half the time.

Not disagreeing with you on RP dictate and RP server, but the underlying reasons for both the LE summon being universally picked (to the knowing) as well as the EMD construct was because of a lack of balance. Balance is easier to attain if you have more people capable of helping you with it.

It's antithetical to the Amian mentality to gate knowledge behind alts and this fog of uncertainty.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]