View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

In your opinion, to what degree does PVP exist on Amia?
It occurs very often and is a constant threat to my existence. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
I see it very rarely, it has little impact on my day to day life. 70%  70%  [ 28 ]
It no longer exists or is worth any concern to me. 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 40
corypx

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 22:24 PM 

Player

If someone has been threatening you IG and is resting in front of you, that can be deemed as preparation for combat and you have the right to act....

Yeah the DM was wrong in that case, the longer term players and DMs would have made the correct call..... Who was the player you PVPed if you don't mind me asking?

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 22:30 PM 

Player

corypx wrote:
If someone has been threatening you IG and is resting in front of you, that can be deemed as preparation for combat and you have the right to act....

Yeah the DM was wrong in that case, the longer term players and DMs would have made the correct call..... Who was the player you PVPed if you don't mind me asking?

Not going to name names in public as they arn't here/involved in this topic. dm team knows as they ruled on it when it happened.

I thought it was a bad call at the time but got told I was in the wrong.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 0:30 AM 

Player

LunarBloom wrote:
My only problem with PvP, is that whenever there is conflict, it feels like as if the vast majority of the server will embark unto a crusade to put a stop to the rabble-rousers until non-passive evil/conflict is gone and they can resume their tea party without disturbance. I've seen it happen often over the years, and it's a detriment to healthy conflict.

I think this is a human reaction, when someone goes around creating to much trouble, in the end others will act to put an end to it to get back the calm and status quo in the region. So they can have calm evenings.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

LunarBloom

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 1:54 AM 

Player

Forgotten Realms is not a calm setting.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 2:13 AM 

Player

Resting is grounds for PVP as far as I'm aware, and that wasn't the issue in the situation once we understood completely what happened, which is being misrepresented in any case. The tensions were high and we were doing our best to explain how PVP functions both across faction hostility and just regular PVP. Like I said then, an out needs to be clear that it's an out. "Do x, or I will do y." The problem was not that you PVP'd him after resting, it's that everyone was confused as to no outs given before the rest, and how the outs even work, both IC and OOC, especially pertaining to the faction v faction hostility.

The snippet you showed was about PVP across factions, not just regular PVP instances. The other player later apologized for inciting the hostility through previous PMs, which was also a fault on his end - and he was told so.

An OOC warning is a courtesy, unless you're attempting assassination or have a DM overseeing you. And OOC agreements must be made for hostile action pacts between factions or groups of people. As we were explaining back then.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 2:31 AM 

Player

Quote:
Resting is grounds for PVP as far as I'm aware

Yeah I had thought so too.

Quote:
The problem was not that you PVP'd him after resting

No we attacked the moment he sat his ass down and it went 'pfft.' Situation was tense mostly because we kept telling them to leave and stop with the threats but they wouldn't.

Either way it's good to know, now, that the situation was mishandled and resting in those situations is pvp grounds and forgoes further warnings.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 4:12 AM 

Player

Not a very good call from the DMs there.

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 7:16 AM 

Player

I've been in lots of pvp (I think I even won one once!) and I have only seen one person give me an ooc warning. Most just give a "Feck you, I'm not obeying the laws of the Dale/Wiltun/Fill in the blanks" and then attack. I think I've given an ooc warning only when I've been the pvp aggressor to show that it's about to start. I've never heard of this ooc notice before, even when in faction situations as I've been in faction situations and been attacked by pvp'rs without it.

Broldi

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 12:43 PM 

Player

LunarBloom wrote:

This

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 14:58 PM 

Player

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
Resting is grounds for PVP as far as I'm aware, and that wasn't the issue in the situation once we understood completely what happened, which is being misrepresented in any case. The tensions were high and we were doing our best to explain how PVP functions both across faction hostility and just regular PVP. Like I said then, an out needs to be clear that it's an out. "Do x, or I will do y." The problem was not that you PVP'd him after resting, it's that everyone was confused as to no outs given before the rest, and how the outs even work, both IC and OOC, especially pertaining to the faction v faction hostility.

The snippet you showed was about PVP across factions, not just regular PVP instances. The other player later apologized for inciting the hostility through previous PMs, which was also a fault on his end - and he was told so.

An OOC warning is a courtesy, unless you're attempting assassination or have a DM overseeing you. And OOC agreements must be made for hostile action pacts between factions or groups of people. As we were explaining back then.

I don't really know the situation or anything, but you're saying if pvp seems about to start, but no warnings have been given yet, then if the other starts to prepare suddenly you shouldn't attack said person?

I've never been a huge OOC warner anyway, I'd rather make it very clear IC that I am about to attack.

NAUX

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 15:13 PM 

Player

IC, OOC... does it all really matter... thankfully we all build for Superior Initiative so that we can counter that first IC/OOC reactionary hit and be the big man in PVP, amirite!? 8)

The inspiration behind the character:
- https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Grenadier_(3.5e_Class)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBjewxCxKLA

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 18 2017, 16:16 PM 

Player

LunarBloom wrote:
My only problem with PvP, is that whenever there is conflict, it feels like as if the vast majority of the server will embark unto a crusade to put a stop to the rabble-rousers until non-passive evil/conflict is gone and they can resume their tea party without disturbance. I've seen it happen often over the years, and it's a detriment to healthy conflict.

Expounding on this: It is fair to say that any conflict should probably be done without lingering for this very reason. It's only natural that the rest of the crowd will out number you and if they get a chance to mass you'll get hit with a zerg rush style mob of people coming to end whatever you're doing.

But I realize that doesn't fit all conflicts, events, and play styles.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:15 AM 

Player

LunarBloom wrote:

I would say some parts of our Earth is worse than plenty of parts in FR right now, Syria, Congo, Ukraine, FARC guerilla parts of Colombia, people still strive for calm.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:20 AM 

Player

Shadowfiend wrote:
SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:

I don't really know the situation or anything, but you're saying if pvp seems about to start, but no warnings have been given yet, then if the other starts to prepare suddenly you shouldn't attack said person?

I've never been a huge OOC warner anyway, I'd rather make it very clear IC that I am about to attack.

No, that isn't what I'm saying. If someone begins to buff, rest, or attack you, these actions are grounds for PvP. Like I said, there needs to be a clear out given - if they haven't already forfeit their right by resting/buffing/whathaveyou.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:28 AM 

Player

Which brings us back to Commie's point, rhat you have to give an OOC warning. Sometimes no matter how clear you make it that the shits about to drop, people want to cling to being a badass just a little longer. It's just safer that way.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:46 AM 

Player

Well the point of the argument was that some people thought it was referencing a solid rule that you must, at all times, give an OOC warning - and that's not the case. While I tend to caution people to give the OOC out as well, because yeah its safer and covers your own ass, it's not a rule. So you don't actually have to, but it's probably a safe courtesy to get into.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2