View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 14 2017, 2:20 AM 

Player

Hey,

So I know the first problem is that I am running NWN on a mac. Better yet, I am boot camping it on Windows 10. I am running it in Windows XP service pack 3.

my laptop has a dedicated graphics card and oodles of ram. I can run Witcher 3 without an issue.

Does anyone know why NWN runs like a slug for me?

Thanks!

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 14 2017, 2:53 AM 

Player

Mask and Riddle wrote:
Hey,

So I know the first problem is that I am running NWN on a mac. Better yet, I am boot camping it on Windows 10. I am running it in Windows XP service pack 3.

my laptop has a dedicated graphics card and oodles of ram. I can run Witcher 3 without an issue.

Does anyone know why NWN runs like a slug for me?

Thanks!

make sure nwn is actually using your gpu and not cpu rendering. you may have to do this manually.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 14 2017, 23:44 PM 

Player

Thanks for the reply!

So, I'll look this up, but I am not sure what a GPU is. I R not that computer smart.

*Edit* Okay, so now I am looking up how to make a program use my GPU for rendering. Anyone have a direct idea of how to do this for NWN specifically?

Thanks!

Krin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 15 2017, 16:50 PM 

Player

Mask and Riddle wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

So, I'll look this up, but I am not sure what a GPU is. I R not that computer smart.

*Edit* Okay, so now I am looking up how to make a program use my GPU for rendering. Anyone have a direct idea of how to do this for NWN specifically?

Thanks!

It sounds like the multicore CPU problem. If you have a semi-new mac, you probably have a multicore CPU and NWN just doesn't run well on those.

Do you know how to get to the nwn.ini file or find out what kind of CPU you have?

Here's a link to help you out with the second one: https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/find-mac-cpu-model/

And here's an older thread about this stuff that might be helpful: http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 444a62fd89

If you have Teamspeak, Discord, or Steam, I don't mind walking you through the process if you're not comfortable messing with nwn files by your lonesome. I'm in the pacific time zone and I'll be home around 6pm-ish tonight and available if you need some help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]