View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
Akhlys

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 16:43 PM 

Player

Starting off with prestige classes because I have more to say about them than base classes.

[Arcane Archer]
Opinion: In a good place with the exception of arrow costs. Arrow makers should cost no gold but mark the created arrows as stolen and untradeable. Spending fortunes on simply attacking isn't balance, it's stupid.

[Assassin]
Opinion: Does what it is set out to do, which is kill things. I'd make two changes to the assassin tools, and grant Crippling Strike at 15 for free.

• Braining Blow
2 rounds -> 1 per 5 assassin level rounds
Will is usually an easier save to exploit than reflex, but stun is negated by mind blank. This puts it in line with kneecapper.

• Kneecapper's Knife
1 per 3 assassin level rounds -> 1 per 5 assassin level rounds
Five round knockdown is absurd. This change would make it so it is three rounds on a balanced build, or four rounds on a build that forgoes maxing discipline.

[Blackguard]
Opinion: Assuming the summons for NE and CE have been improved this class is in a good place. Changing the widget spells from wisdom to charisma, then granting Crippling Strike at 15 for free are the only changes I'd promote. Perhaps making their single cast of Divine Favor last two turns rather than one as well.

[Champion of Torm/ Divine Champion]
Opinion: In a poor spot. A cross of fighter and paladin, though despite being a prestige class, it is worse than both. As a class that is supposed to emulate the paragon warriors of deities, it is lack luster. It does not hold the same punch other divine classes do. Cleric and paladin have Aid, Bless, and Divine Favor. Ranger has Aid and Blade Thirst. Druid has Aura of Vitality and Blood Frenzy. Ranger and Druid also get an extra four attacks from their pets (which get ~50 AB). All of these classes also get freedom as a spell.
Blackguard is the most comparable class to divine champion, but it at least gains damage in the form of sneak attacks and a summon that can easily add an additional hundred to two hundred damage a round.
Note that blackguard, cleric, and paladin all have access to divine might and divine shield. All three of these classes also have innate ways to boost their charisma and strength.

• Purge Infidel: Change this from a one time attack to a buff applied to a targeted weapon. What it does is increase damage against alignments in opposition of your own. 1d4 divine damage from 3 to 5. 1d6 divine damage from 6 to 9. 1d8 damage from 10 to 13. 1d10 divine damage from 14 to 17. 1d12 divine damage at 18 or higher.
Duration: 1 hour per divine champion level
CE vs good, law
LE vs chaos, good
NE vs chaos, law
CG vs evil, law
LG vs chaos, evil
NG vs chaos, law
CN vs evil, good
LN vs evil, good
NN vs chaos, law

• Divine Wrath: Make this into an buff that is a combination of Divine Favor and Divine Shield as well as providing damage reduction and saves.
Duration: 1 round per divine champion level + charisma modifier; 50 round (300 second) cooldown
+1 ab per 3 divine champion levels
+1 magic damage per 3 divine champion levels
+1 dodge AC per 3 divine champion levels
+1 universal saves per 3 divine champion levels
5/+4 damage reduction at 5 to 9. 10/+5 damage reduction at 10 to 14. 15/+6 damage reduction at 15 to 19. 20/+7 damage reduction at 20.

[Dwarven Defender]
Opinion: Great defensive options but defensive stance does not provide reasonable trade offs for the loss of movement. Dwarven defender's biggest problem is that it does not have the ab to hit things and do enough damage to be a threat. This change will make it hit more often, but does not push it over the edge because it will not have the same base strength as other melee builds.

• Defensive Stance: Remove the bonuses to strength and constitution in order to grant more appropriate benefits.
+1 ab per 3 dwarven defender levels
+1 dodge AC per 3 dwarven defender levels
+1 universal saves per 3 dwarven defender levels
+1 regen per 3 dwarven defender levels
5% damage immunity to all damage types at 6 to 9. 10% at 10 to 13. 15% at 14 to 17. 20% at 18 or higher.

[Harper Scout/ Master Scout]
Opinon: Pretty good place at the moment.

[Pale Master]
Opinion: Pale master is a class that is looked at as overpowered in many cases, but it fails to uphold the ability that true casters have. Its durations are poor and all of its buffs are easily stripped. Its strength lies in the inexperience of opponents who don't know they can simply leave the pale master alone and focus themselves elsewhere.

• Caster Levels: This is the biggest fault of the class and why it is a poor choice for everyone besides the novice. Nothing you cast outside of the necromancy spell school matters, and unless you are being targeted by a weapon master or rogue, you may as well stand around with your hands in your pockets just watching the fight. This change would make their spells have more oomph as well as make them immune to dispel with 19 sorcerer/wizard and 10 pale master. The trade off to being undispellable is that they are unable to get epic bonus feats unless they sacrifice their immunity to criticals and stuns. I'd suggest leaving the necromancy caster levels as they are, thus granting them 1.5 necromancy school caster levels per pale master levels.
1 caster level per 2 pale master levels

• Winter Wight: Needs more than 2 attacks. Needs more AB. Needs more survivability in the form of damage immunity and regeneration. If possible, have some sort of on-death effect for enemies killed inside its cold aura to better represent the body shattering death those killed by a winter wight suffer (an aoe effect that inflicts cold damage vs reflex for 1/2 or 1d3 round Slow vs will).

[Purple Dragon Knight/ Knight Commander]
Opinion: Vehement Charge is a bit on the overpowered side. The other auras and abilities are in good places.

[Red Dragon Disciple/ Dragon Disciple]
Opinion: Most balanced class on the server. Has reasonable benefits while being restricted to the melee role. Does not gain the CC, movement speed, or stealth which would make it overwhelming. You know what you're going to get into when you fight one. If you let them hit you, they beat you up. On the other hand, they have no way to force you into a fight.
Making the breath weapon less fucky (not that I have ideas on how) would be my only suggestion.

[Shadowdancer]
Opinion: Shadowdancer is a touchy class. On one hand, hide in plain sight is probably the single strongest feat on the server. A fight against a buffed and geared 13/10/7 is an inevitable and hopeless loss. On the other hand, playing against a spotter, a cleric, or a dragon druid will basically negate the SD's entire build to the point where they may as well just walk away.

• Hide in Plain Sight
6 second cooldown -> 18 second cooldown -or- 9 seconds after breaking combat rather then leaving stealth

• BAB progression: Does not gain sneak attacks like assassin or rogue. Does not increase damage like fighter or rdd. Does not gain extra attacks like monk.
3/4 -> 1

• (Epic) Shade Lord: Spending 19 to 20 levels to find out this summon is a piece of shit is such a let down. Change its wizard levels to aberration or elemental. You still don't have to have it be technically undead, so good players can feel okay about themselves, and you raise its BAB without it becoming too strong. Change the drain effects to 1d2 str and 1d2 con at <19. 1d4 str and 1d4 con at 19. 1d6 str and 1d6 con at 20. Leave the DCs the same.

[Shifter]
Opinion: Just delete the class. No one knows how to balance it and it's an incongruent mess. If you refuse to delete it, fix HiPS on spectre and have all items merge. I can get the code for the latter if someone will actually implement it.

[Weapon Master]
Opinion: It's okay. Hits stuff and deals damage but has no fort save and no defense at the cost of a bunch of feats that would make up for that. Would add an extra ab at level 10 just so it makes a pattern. Would also allow epic weapon specialization, great strength, and great dexterity as bonus feats.
Basically the class you have your friend use when he got the game a week ago and you don't feel like explaining everything. Will never be much of a burden in groups (unless you, for whatever reason, allow a two-hander in your party) but does not have the ability to outshine the more skill and knowledge based classes.

Akhlys

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 16:48 PM 

Player

[Barbarian]
Opinion: Bad. "I'm really mad, but only 50% of the time." Other classes have better ab and damage unbuffed than barbarians while they're raging. Other classes also get full plate. The movement speed is really good though. The damage reduction is okay.

• Rage: Give it a base like the following then have the three forms and epic feats add on top of it. Remove the cooldown between rages.
1 ab per 6 barbarian levels
1 damage per 6 barbarian levels
1 fortitude per 6 barbarian levels
1 will per 6 barbarian levels
4 health per barbarian level

• Standard Rage:
+2 ab
+3 damage
+2 fortitude
+2 will

• Defensive Rage:
+4 dodge AC
+4 universal saves
+2 health per barbarian level
+4 regeneration

• Coocoo Cachoo Rage:
+4 ab
+8 damage
extra attack
-4 AC

• Mighty Rage:
+2 ab
+2 damage
+2 universal saves
+4 health per barbarian level
25% damage immunity to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing
freedom

• Terrifying Rage
Aura that inflicts Doom on all enemies within its radius.
Once per rage, creatures must make a will save against d20 + intimidate or be feared for 1d3 rounds.
immunity to fear

• Thundering Rage
+1d8 electrical damage
+1d8 sonic damage
25% damage immunity to electrical, sonic

[Bard]
Opinion: Solid class. Can hold its own, but is the best class for groups. The MVP. Bard Song Buddy. Curse Song Dick Head. My group has weaknesses, jk, got Vehement Charge on.

[Cleric]
Opinion: Second strongest class. Only sorcerer beats it out.

[Druid]
Opinion: Third strongest class. Beats out wizard because its summons are better. Slash and burn farmers in Brasil getting jealous of that pve.

[Fighter]
Opinion: Sucks. Not as much as barbarian, but still sucks. Needs some sort of self applied buff that does the following. Looks like a lot but just opens up itemization:
1 ab per 5 fighter levels
1 bludgeoning damage per 5 fighter levels
1 piercing damage per 5 fighter levels
1 slashing damage per 5 fighter levels
1 armor AC per 5 fighter levels
1 dodge AC per 5 fighter levels
1 shield AC per 5 fighter levels
1 universal saves per 5 fighter levels

[Monk]
Opinion: Pretty good. Cut monk speed in half. Make gloves add ab, damage, keen, and vampiric regeneration without costing any mythal slots. Class fixed.

[Paladin]
Opinion: Good without buffs. The best with them. Fucks dudes up.

[Ranger]
Opinion: Pretty good. Pet makes it strong. Change dual wielding to grant ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting so they can use full plate. Only needed change.

[Rogue]
Opinion: The class of champs. A good rogue will fuck everyone else in the game up. Got highest sustained damage. Got traps. Got stealth. Got utility and UMD. Got roleplay viability. Got that solid as fuck bonus feat spread. Got the most tricks (people and things). There's a reason bitches love them regardless of their 8 cha.

[Wizard]
Opinion: Top tier class. Most creative and flexible builds as well as roleplay. Get every spell you'd need (with the exception of heal) and a bunch of feats.

[Sorcerer]
Opion: Better than wizard. Beats out all the other casters with the shitty counterspelling mechanic. Who gives a fuck about feats and skills when you get six of these
Image Image Image Image
in your deck rather than four.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 16:49 PM 

Player

For BG, allowing you to take the epic summon at 15 instead of only as an epic bonus feat would really help the class.

More then anything, that's what I would like to see. 15 BG vs 16 BG opens up a ton.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Akhlys

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 18:37 PM 

Player

One more thing I forgot. Monk 21 and Ranger 21 should grant uncanny dodge.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 19:37 PM 

Player

Akhlys wrote:
• Coocoo Cachoo Rage

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 21:53 PM 

Player

Akhlys wrote:
[Shifter]
If you refuse to delete it, fix HiPS on spectre and have all items merge. I can get the code for the latter if someone will actually implement it.

What's this mean? I started a Spectre shifter a while back but haven't gotten the shape yet. Is there a problem with it?

Akhlys

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 0:03 AM 

Player

No cooldown.

LunarBloom

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 0:18 AM 

Player

Gotta love the MTG reference. Although Clerics are pretty equal with Sorcerers imo

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:07 AM 

Player

Just wanna say about the Palemaster / WW.

WinterWight: Can easily get 56 Strength from Buffs, does pretty good damage, I think 42 AB and 3 APR? Plus on-hit Vamperic Regeneration.. It's pretty powerful. This is off the top though, I can check when I'm back on HoJo.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

waswar

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:17 AM 

Player

Why is Sorcerer better than Wizard in your eyes, might I ask?

Other than the Sorcerer having 2 more casts per spell level than an specialized Wizard and that all spells are memorized in an equally high amount, it really has nothing on the Wizard.

The Wizard gets four bonus feats for Meta-Magic or spell foci, and focus on Intelligence instead of Charisma means that the Wizard gets quite a few skill points that increase as they gain in levels. Personally, I really like having many skill points, so I rather like Intelligence. On the contrast, though I like being pretty, I think that Charisma is an overall mediocre attribute.

There's a bigger reward for putting many points in intelligence in not just skill increases and spell slots per rest, but skill points, and they can safely leave Charisma at a minimal point because it gives the Wizard almost nothing. Meanwhile, the Sorcerer probably should put intelligence at 12 or higher, because having 2 skill points is the suck. The Wizard bonus feats also allow them to reach epic-level feats considerably easier, for enhanced spells, extended summon times, etcetera.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:21 AM 

DM

Akhlys wrote:
No cooldown.

I need confirmation of this. This shouldnt be the case.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:22 AM 

Player

Tested. Has a cool-down.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:33 AM 

DM

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
Tested. Has a cool-down.

Thank you.

LunarBloom

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 2:00 AM 

Player

waswar wrote:

Other than the Sorcerer having 2 more casts per spell level than an specialized Wizard and that all spells are memorized in an equally high amount, it really has nothing on the Wizard.

The Wizard gets four bonus feats for Meta-Magic or spell foci, and focus on Intelligence instead of Charisma means that the Wizard gets quite a few skill points that increase as they gain in levels. Personally, I really like having many skill points, so I rather like Intelligence. On the contrast, though I like being pretty, I think that Charisma is an overall mediocre attribute.

There's a bigger reward for putting many points in intelligence in not just skill increases and spell slots per rest, but skill points, and they can safely leave Charisma at a minimal point because it gives the Wizard almost nothing. Meanwhile, the Sorcerer probably should put intelligence at 12 or higher, because having 2 skill points is the suck. The Wizard bonus feats also allow them to reach epic-level feats considerably easier, for enhanced spells, extended summon times, etcetera.

In a world where people go for saveless spells, focii are semi-irrelevant. Sorcerers will always out-counterspell wizards, and they don't need to choose how many of their spells they will have on the ready. On paper, in a PvE environment, Wizards are far more reliable than sorcerers since they bring much more needed utility to the party without sacrificing the build in any way. However, since "power level" is mostly determined on an PvP basis, Sorcerers > Wizards.

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 2:32 AM 

Player

in pvp sorcs are better because they can just throw more unsaveable damage downrange, and use as many timestops as they want.

in anything else though it's really boring. few skill points, less spells for rp, no pnp spells like at all unless you miss out on regular spells, etc. it's kind of miserable.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Akhlys

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 2:37 AM 

Player

waswar wrote:

Because 1v1, the sorcerer will literally eat your entire spell pool. The only things you will get off are epic spells. So while you're sitting there with an empty book, the dude is still casting shit on you. Sorcerer can do this to every caster as well. Fighting a good sorcerer is one of the most frustrating things in nwn.

Xenos

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 18:12 PM 

Player

Counter spelling has counters. Any wizard worth their spell book wont be counter spelled into the ground.

I do believe Sorcerers are vastly superior to Wizards in a tactical combat situation though, because they can cast of their limited selection, as many of X spell as they like. As a wizard, i can only prepare so many Disjunctions, before i'm giving up to many other things. So when that Sorcerer casts Spell Mantle, i can dispel it a few times, but then i run out of dispel. But there is a counter to that too, besides dispel/breach so its not world ending. On the flip side for a Wizard though, we prepare X number of Mantles and hope its enough. Now if the Wizard knows their going into a fight with a Sorcerer they have a decent chance because they can prepare, but if they have a general purpose spell book, they wont likely have enough of what they need to bring down a Sorcerer.

And Sorcerers get a lot of spells, one i know of has 11 9th level spell slots. This isn't even the max. Especially seeing as how Sorcerers are being granted all the same spell slot gear that i believe was designed for Wizards to be competitive with them.

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 22:00 PM 

Player

Quote:
Any wizard worth their spell book wont be counter spelled into the ground.

... umm... yes they will. Because

Quote:
And Sorcerers get a lot of spells, one i know of has 11 9th level spell slots. This isn't even the max. Especially seeing as how Sorcerers are being granted all the same spell slot gear that i believe was designed for Wizards to be competitive with them.

Of this. And lmao, if anything it's the opposite, wizards have been given TOO MUCH spell slot gear and it makes the Sorceror advantage of more spell slots less of an advantage.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 14:42 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Quote:

Of this. And lmao, if anything it's the opposite, wizards have been given TOO MUCH spell slot gear and it makes the Sorceror advantage of more spell slots less of an advantage.

Is it weird if I agree with both of you? There is a slight rise in Sorc gear, and Djinn, and requests make Wizards' and Sorc's gear almost identical gear-wise. This means they are going towards having their same strenghts and weaknesses. Still, a 2 spell difference is not that big, considering you can achieve a pretty high number of spells on a Wizzy.

So, this Sorc has 11 spells? Then a similar Wizzy has 9 spells. It ends up being a small difference sometimes. 11 or 9? The two spells make a difference in a Mords war. But in normal cases, I'm not even 100% what I'd stuff in there, especially considering I don't have all the spells that a Wizard has.

I prefer Wizzy, because weirdly enough, outside of PvP, they are a lot more versatile than a Sorceror.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 19:29 PM 

Player

I thinkt here should be an offhand like tome or book or orb that's just like 4 spell slots of levels 1-2-3-4 for sorcerors. Just give them a billion lower level spell slots to do stuff with. You can't win counterspell wars with them so it won't hurt PVP, it just lets them do more in PvE. Having 15 un-metamagciked fireballs will hurt no one, imho.

Also add a sorceror version of the Staff of the Master. >.>

Suhjet

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 20:08 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Also add a sorcerer version of the Staff of the Master. >.>

You mean the Master Staff of Sorcery?

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 20:22 PM 

Player

O, Im' talking about just to the Abyss shop, though.

Gribbo

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 20:54 PM 

Player

More of the djinn items should be available in shops tbh

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 3:49 AM 

Player

Akhlys wrote:
Starting off with prestige classes because I have more to say about them than base classes.

[Arcane Archer]
Opinion: In a good place with the exception of arrow costs. Arrow makers should cost no gold but mark the created arrows as stolen and untradeable. Spending fortunes on simply attacking isn't balance, it's stupid.

Haven't played on this server yet, but agree with the sentiment. Of things I've seen on other servers, one of my biggest pet peeves is game designers failing to understand that Arcane Archers and Unarmed Monks have earned and paid for their combat advantages, just as Weapon Masters have, yet game designers constantly seem to "nerf" ranged weapons and monk gloves to neuter AAs and monks to the point they're no longer that much of a stand out. We don't neuter all melee weapons just because a Weapon Master somewhere might use them, after all, he paid in levels and a class slot to do so, yet we neuter AAs and monks, who paid more to be playable. Silly.

Quote:
[Assassin]
Opinion: Does what it is set out to do, which is kill things. I'd make two changes to the assassin tools, and grant Crippling Strike at 15 for free.

• Braining Blow
2 rounds -> 1 per 5 assassin level rounds
Will is usually an easier save to exploit than reflex, but stun is negated by mind blank. This puts it in line with kneecapper.

• Kneecapper's Knife
1 per 3 assassin level rounds -> 1 per 5 assassin level rounds
Five round knockdown is absurd. This change would make it so it is three rounds on a balanced build, or four rounds on a build that forgoes maxing discipline.

Can't agree with any of this, really. Assassin, moreso than anything on the altered class list is one of the best altered classes in the game. I've built several and can say the class is so good it should be renamed "why would you ever take ROGUE?" Braining blow is the lowest rung and supposed to be garbage (but works wonders PvE anyways). Kneecapper is fine being the only Reflex save attack and probably the only way an Assassin is going to win in PvP given every decent endgame build has a Fort over 40 and is immune to everything Will related. Doesn't need free Crippling Blow to go along with the All That it already gets to it's poor cousin, Rogue.

Quote:
[Blackguard]
Opinion: Assuming the summons for NE and CE have been improved this class is in a good place. Changing the widget spells from wisdom to charisma, then granting Crippling Strike at 15 for free are the only changes I'd promote. Perhaps making their single cast of Divine Favor last two turns rather than one as well.

"Hi, I'm a Paladin, without the MAD and a summons better than Mummy Dust or Dragon Knight. Why would you play a Paladin? ... I don't know either." Nope.

Quote:
[Champion of Torm/ Divine Champion]
Opinion: In a poor spot. A cross of fighter and paladin, though despite being a prestige class, it is worse than both. As a class that is supposed to emulate the paragon warriors of deities, it is lack luster. It does not hold the same punch other divine classes do. Cleric and paladin have Aid, Bless, and Divine Favor. Ranger has Aid and Blade Thirst. Druid has Aura of Vitality and Blood Frenzy. Ranger and Druid also get an extra four attacks from their pets (which get ~50 AB). All of these classes also get freedom as a spell.
Blackguard is the most comparable class to divine champion, but it at least gains damage in the form of sneak attacks and a summon that can easily add an additional hundred to two hundred damage a round.
Note that blackguard, cleric, and paladin all have access to divine might and divine shield. All three of these classes also have innate ways to boost their charisma and strength.

• Purge Infidel: Change this from a one time attack to a buff applied to a targeted weapon. What it does is increase damage against alignments in opposition of your own. 1d4 divine damage from 3 to 5. 1d6 divine damage from 6 to 9. 1d8 damage from 10 to 13. 1d10 divine damage from 14 to 17. 1d12 divine damage at 18 or higher.
Duration: 1 hour per divine champion level
CE vs good, law
LE vs chaos, good
NE vs chaos, law
CG vs evil, law
LG vs chaos, evil
NG vs chaos, law
CN vs evil, good
LN vs evil, good
NN vs chaos, law

• Divine Wrath: Make this into an buff that is a combination of Divine Favor and Divine Shield as well as providing damage reduction and saves.
Duration: 1 round per divine champion level + charisma modifier; 50 round (300 second) cooldown
+1 ab per 3 divine champion levels
+1 magic damage per 3 divine champion levels
+1 dodge AC per 3 divine champion levels
+1 universal saves per 3 divine champion levels
5/+4 damage reduction at 5 to 9. 10/+5 damage reduction at 10 to 14. 15/+6 damage reduction at 15 to 19. 20/+7 damage reduction at 20.

Class could use some help, but comparing a class who's entry requirements are literally "Buy stuff you would buy already" with Base Classes is a bit much. Making it stack for Turn Undead is a good step. Altering Purge Infidel is a good step. Divine Wrath is fine as it is given everything else the class does (feats, saves), but giving it more uses (like 1/5 levels) would make the class more attractive. It's too "one shotty."

Quote:
[Dwarven Defender]
Opinion: Great defensive options but defensive stance does not provide reasonable trade offs for the loss of movement. Dwarven defender's biggest problem is that it does not have the ab to hit things and do enough damage to be a threat. This change will make it hit more often, but does not push it over the edge because it will not have the same base strength as other melee builds.

• Defensive Stance: Remove the bonuses to strength and constitution in order to grant more appropriate benefits.
+1 ab per 3 dwarven defender levels
+1 dodge AC per 3 dwarven defender levels
+1 universal saves per 3 dwarven defender levels
+1 regen per 3 dwarven defender levels
5% damage immunity to all damage types at 6 to 9. 10% at 10 to 13. 15% at 14 to 17. 20% at 18 or higher.

Eh. Most servers just let the Stance move, but at a slower rate. Good servers do add immunity/resistance to non-physical damage to make them "tougher." Think the AB, saves and regen is a bit over the top and would just make it a "super class."

Quote:
[Harper Scout/ Master Scout]
Opinon: Pretty good place at the moment.

Never tried, so can't comment.

Quote:
[Pale Master]
Opinion: Pale master is a class that is looked at as overpowered in many cases, but it fails to uphold the ability that true casters have. Its durations are poor and all of its buffs are easily stripped. Its strength lies in the inexperience of opponents who don't know they can simply leave the pale master alone and focus themselves elsewhere.

• Caster Levels: This is the biggest fault of the class and why it is a poor choice for everyone besides the novice. Nothing you cast outside of the necromancy spell school matters, and unless you are being targeted by a weapon master or rogue, you may as well stand around with your hands in your pockets just watching the fight. This change would make their spells have more oomph as well as make them immune to dispel with 19 sorcerer/wizard and 10 pale master. The trade off to being undispellable is that they are unable to get epic bonus feats unless they sacrifice their immunity to criticals and stuns. I'd suggest leaving the necromancy caster levels as they are, thus granting them 1.5 necromancy school caster levels per pale master levels.
1 caster level per 2 pale master levels

• Winter Wight: Needs more than 2 attacks. Needs more AB. Needs more survivability in the form of damage immunity and regeneration. If possible, have some sort of on-death effect for enemies killed inside its cold aura to better represent the body shattering death those killed by a winter wight suffer (an aoe effect that inflicts cold damage vs reflex for 1/2 or 1d3 round Slow vs will).

Pale Masters are weirdos who've sidelined their arcane study with an obsession for the undead, so I roll their eyes every time someone whines about their casting ability. They're not True Necromancers, they're the retards who flunked out of High School to listen to heavy metal and kill dogs down by the river for Satan. Necromancy is probably the best singular school for power and versatility with a range from buffs to crowd control to big damage and instant death in it's arsenal and topping it off with on of the best summons in the game, silly ac and immunities to just about everything seems fine.

You wanna cast? Stay in school, fool!

Quote:
[Purple Dragon Knight/ Knight Commander]
Opinion: Vehement Charge is a bit on the overpowered side. The other auras and abilities are in good places.

Never bothered making one because they always looked like garbage to me, honestly. Every aura they have reads to me as "garbage no one cares about" because it's pretty much "garbage no one cares about" being too little effect to even bother wanting, esp given it's only a 5 level class with silly requirements. The only aura they got worth mentioning you want to neuter, which I find funny because Vehement Charge to me reads as "Here's a bunch of crap you already have, plus enjoy more knockdowns for it!"

Quote:
[Red Dragon Disciple/ Dragon Disciple]
Opinion: Most balanced class on the server. Has reasonable benefits while being restricted to the melee role. Does not gain the CC, movement speed, or stealth which would make it overwhelming. You know what you're going to get into when you fight one. If you let them hit you, they beat you up. On the other hand, they have no way to force you into a fight.
Making the breath weapon less fucky (not that I have ideas on how) would be my only suggestion.

Honestly, too OP compared to other melee classes simply because they are always "on." Not really sure why anyone would choose Barbarian ever atm and there's little reason not to choose this as a main class for a meleer. There's a reason why there's now a glut of 18 RDDs despite the fact the only dragon fetishist I know of left the server months ago. :lol:

Quote:
[Shadowdancer]
Opinion: Shadowdancer is a touchy class. On one hand, hide in plain sight is probably the single strongest feat on the server. A fight against a buffed and geared 13/10/7 is an inevitable and hopeless loss. On the other hand, playing against a spotter, a cleric, or a dragon druid will basically negate the SD's entire build to the point where they may as well just walk away.

• Hide in Plain Sight
6 second cooldown -> 18 second cooldown -or- 9 seconds after breaking combat rather then leaving stealth

• BAB progression: Does not gain sneak attacks like assassin or rogue. Does not increase damage like fighter or rdd. Does not gain extra attacks like monk.
3/4 -> 1

• (Epic) Shade Lord: Spending 19 to 20 levels to find out this summon is a piece of shit is such a let down. Change its wizard levels to aberration or elemental. You still don't have to have it be technically undead, so good players can feel okay about themselves, and you raise its BAB without it becoming too strong. Change the drain effects to 1d2 str and 1d2 con at <19. 1d4 str and 1d4 con at 19. 1d6 str and 1d6 con at 20. Leave the DCs the same.

Frankly I'd rather they just get more sneak attack progression, albeit at a slower rate than Rogue/Assassin. You drastically over and understate the power of HiPS imo.

Quote:
[Shifter]
Opinion: Just delete the class. No one knows how to balance it and it's an incongruent mess. If you refuse to delete it, fix HiPS on spectre and have all items merge. I can get the code for the latter if someone will actually implement it.

Can't really comment much. Didn't think the "change" to their buffs was really necessary. Killed them in PvP before the change, have killed them after.

Quote:
[Weapon Master]
Opinion: It's okay. Hits stuff and deals damage but has no fort save and no defense at the cost of a bunch of feats that would make up for that. Would add an extra ab at level 10 just so it makes a pattern. Would also allow epic weapon specialization, great strength, and great dexterity as bonus feats.
Basically the class you have your friend use when he got the game a week ago and you don't feel like explaining everything. Will never be much of a burden in groups (unless you, for whatever reason, allow a two-hander in your party) but does not have the ability to outshine the more skill and knowledge based classes.

In general, it's fine imo, although I do agree I'd add Great Strength/Dexterity as a bonus feat just so something has it. I'd be fine with Epic Weapon Spec, just so long as normal Weapon Spec stays in Fighter only, otherwise no one in their right mind is ever going to take Fighter again. AB is fine as it is.

Most of the Base Classes are fine. Only changes I'd make are:

Barbarian: Make Rage a free action. Remove the pointless and silly cooldown.

Bard: Make Bard Song/Curse Song proper free actions.

Druid: Has a pretty garbage spell list (worst of the lot of pure casters). Give them a reason to focus in something other than Conjuration. Preferably something actually useful in PvP since every spell a druid has worth casting is negated by item properties. Also, some slot gear would be nice. Their gear choices are utter garbage endgame.

Monk: A finesse class with no Uncanny Dodge? Give it Uncanny Dodge by level 5 like the other finesse classes. Even splat books and Pathfinder fixed this. Also allow monk gloves to be on par with every other weapon in the game and take into account the fact Unarmed Monks give up a ton of slots just to be Unarmed Monks. If you pay 16 levels and a class just to be useful, you should at least be as good as everybody else.

Ranger: A finesse class with no Uncanny Dodge? Give it Uncanny Dodge by level 5 like the other finesse classes. A slightly better spell list could help. I'd argue that it's animal companion should have a lot more defense than the druid's, it's pretty garbage that gets eaten relatively easy.

Rogues: Hahahahaha, why is this here? Did you even look at Assassin? Oh, you didn't. Well go make one of those instead...
One key to fixing Rogues is to make that 8 skills per level useful. See what other servers have done with all those "useless" skills to make them worth taking? Yeah? Well steal their ideas!

Sorcerer vs Wizard is fine. Wizard can afford Quicken Spell just ducky + has the entire spellbook.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:06 AM 

Player

Quote:
Never bothered making one because they always looked like garbage to me, honestly. Every aura they have reads to me as "garbage no one cares about" because it's pretty much "garbage no one cares about" being too little effect to even bother wanting, esp given it's only a 5 level class with silly requirements. The only aura they got worth mentioning you want to neuter, which I find funny because Vehement Charge to me reads as "Here's a bunch of crap you already have, plus enjoy more knockdowns for it!

You're immune to KD, blind, deaf, and silence and daze with Vehement up so you can't be KD'd, so the disclipline loss doesn't affect you.

I don't think bards should be able to click-click instant slam Bard/Curse song. That's way too good.

Druid and ranger companion progression is equal. Druid spell list is pretty solid. My transmutation changes going in will help a lot. Evocation anTransmutation will both be great choices for a Druid.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 15:01 PM 

Player

Unless something's changed lately, Vehement charge doesn't make you KD immune. It should only give blindness, charm, confusion, deafness, fear, daze, sleep, slow and stun immunity, not KD on top of that.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 17:46 PM 

Player

It's possible I mentally added it to the giant list on accident, yups.

Regardless, very little content actually attempts to spam KD at you, so it's often not a downside.

NAUX

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 19:08 PM 

Player

Dwarven Defender / Defensive Stance: Allow the stance to be used whilst wielding a Sling, Dart, Throwing Axe or Shuriken.

The inspiration behind the character:
- https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Grenadier_(3.5e_Class)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBjewxCxKLA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]