View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Chupacabra

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 12:04 PM 

Player

So....i have been playing here a few years and i made a Char E'Lyntrsis Emberrose like four, five years ago. Been about three years i stopped playing her. She was truly my only char i have gotten deep with Rp and part of this server. I offered and had a few takers making family members. Some shit went sideways, feelings got hurt. I'm not going to go into details but i felt uncomfortable Rping her further. I donated a lot off stuff and gold to her Deity Church and stopped playing her. Over that time, i tried to make a cousin, brother, and sister of Emberrose to replace that void of Rp but it never stuck. I even had a Rp request for a Bottle Companion of a Cousin Emberrose for my new Char and i believe it was approved, just never had the DC's, but nothing was ever said about it. I recently made a post about killing off all Emberroses and that there was one left. So i made one last Emberrose char.

With said Char, i mentioned her dead sister told her there where two people upon Amia she could trust. Opened up in Rp, one they were cool with, other they basically hated on. Understood.

Now i'm being told it is a no no no, Rping Family Members. I was unaware this was not aloud and i understand the concern but i'm not Meta gaming to get an advantage of any sort. I've made several Emberrose toons and interacted with other PC's and this was never brought up as a concern. I just like what i created and want to add to it. Soooo....this leaves me in Limbo.

If i could please get a Dm ruling on if i can continue to Rp this char or if i should scrap it.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 13:29 PM 

Player

You can RP family members, but those character must never interact with eachother -at all-.

This means, no your dead character cannot have told your new character about anyone on Amia or otherwise. 2 different characters of the same player must never directly interact with eachother. And one telling the other something, is that already.

You can continue the character, but the character cannot know anything at all of Amia, it's people and happenings on/around Amia that your other character(s) "told" them.

Frozen-ass

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 13:32 PM 

Developer

Of course i can not answer the question if you can play it or not, that indeed be up to the DM's, but you could if its a issue, alway try to make a request for approval to play it, in the request section as DM tend to react more there, and if its a issue, then that is the place to request permission. (edit: dm already replied :P)

Now that being said, I always enjoyed rping with you back in the days, and what i can say is its hard to kickstart more or less the same idea as your original char, things always work differently and back then your char had a lot of growth and development with the cordor crew, they don't exist any more/not around active.

So finding the correct RP is always difficult, especially if your character is looking for the same level as the original one.

What i would recommend to be honest.. try something new, not necessary as replacement but as feeling. A complete different way, religion, alignment corner, location. just to see if you can find satisfaction some where ells aswel.

There are other places to grow, and like we spoke some time ago, your always welcome around my characters, and I'll gladly assist with thinking up funny/nice concepts for other places

Maruz Blackfeet - Go team evil GO

Starter of the Mage revolution

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 13:57 PM 

Player

In my mind, I saw the only info privy to her sister was tales told at the camp fire by E'Lyntriss when she returned home. Who joined her Emerald Guard, her two loves, Two Pc's chars that she could trust upon the Isle, a ledger handed down giving Merchant Values of items, Hunting grounds knowledge and that E'Lyntriss helped citizens of Cordor escape thru the Gnomish lamps when the city was under siege by the Acrum (Thays).

I thought that made since and was not sensitive to any big plots going on upon Amia. So i guess i can Rp she was kept in the dark and has no knowledge of Amia and her siblings involvement. This was the first time i Rp her with any inside info. If the Folks i Rp'ed with earlier tonight could please scrap the RP i did id appreciate it and ill Rp in the Dark from now on.

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 14:03 PM 

Player

Frozen Ass- I have tried many times to start and do something new, different deity's, classes, races...just never worked out. I think rp wise, human, merchant suits me best. :)

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 14:11 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel, would my new char be aware that her sister went to Amia? Should i react rp wise dumbfounded when confronted about her sister if it arises? E'Lyncelot looks similar to E'Lyntriss, wears same uniform, colour and cloak as well. Speach accent is the same.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 18:01 PM 

Player

Pretty sure that any interaction between the two before one or the other left for Amia is fine, but anything Amia related is a no no.
Meanign knowing she left for Amia is probably fine, but knowing anything based on what her sister told her after going to Amia, of Amia, is not.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 19:17 PM 

Player

Gravemaskin wrote:
Pretty sure that any interaction between the two before one or the other left for Amia is fine, but anything Amia related is a no no.
Meanign knowing she left for Amia is probably fine, but knowing anything based on what her sister told her after going to Amia, of Amia, is not.

Is it not possible to send letters back home?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 19:33 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
Gravemaskin wrote:

Not to yourself.

In short don't interact with yourself. There are a lot of reasons for this.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 19:39 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
Budly wrote:
Gravemaskin wrote:

Not to yourself.

Are you telling me...my own bottle companion daughter on Budly may not know anything of what happended/happens on Amia just for RP purpose?

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 20:25 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
Commie wrote:
Budly wrote:

Not to yourself.

Are you telling me...my own bottle companion daughter on Budly may not know anything of what happended/happens on Amia just for RP purpose?

Are they both pc's played by you?

If the answer is yes then you need to sort that out. Your characters shouldn't do much more then acknowledge the other characters exist, and even then that should only be in situations where it's forced.

Example, none of my alts even mention the Fort or anything that goes on there.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 22:24 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:

If the answer is yes then you need to sort that out. Your characters shouldn't do much more then acknowledge the other characters exist, and even then that should only be in situations where it's forced.

She is Budlys daughter, a bottled companion.

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 23:09 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
Commie wrote:

Then that's different as she's not a PC.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 0:41 AM 

Player

Commie wrote:
Budly wrote:
Commie wrote:

Then that's different as she's not a PC.

I get that.

I jsut find it weird if you play a character, he dies, you play the daughter. It sounds as if you may not know who was the friends of this character, or even know t he mother since she is a PC perhaps. Just an example.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:58 AM 

Player

I would assume things can be done on a case by case basis. BCs are different, too, I think, because they are physically represented in the game so they are a part of Amia as opposed to a NPC you never see.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 2:03 AM 

Player

Think the idea is to prevent one family/group/clan from getting in a feud when only one of them can be there at a time.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:02 AM 

Player

General rule is your PCs of a player can never interact with eachother. At all. In the slightest.

So yes it is ok she knew her sister went there at some point but she would know nothing at all of her time there, whom she knew, whom she talked to, what she did.

Hence why it is a bit of a challenge to play a family member as it can make RP very awkward for you when you have to fall silent on topics regarding your other character.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:19 AM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
General rule is your PCs of a player can never interact with eachother. At all. In the slightest.

So yes it is ok she knew her sister went there at some point but she would know nothing at all of her time there, whom she knew, whom she talked to, what she did.

Hence why it is a bit of a challenge to play a family member as it can make RP very awkward for you when you have to fall silent on topics regarding your other character.

That said I think it's ok to, with actual DM approval, retire a PC as a PC to become an NPC under DM control, or kill off a PC forever, so you can play a sibling, is acceptable.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 8:19 AM 

Player

It is acceptable in general. (Though not very much liked by the DM).

As long as you adhere the rules mentioned (which often leads to awkward situations the DM are called in to, hence why they do not like it much)

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 9:06 AM 

Player

If Dm's are going to frown upon this there's no need to continue, im not going to rp behind the eight ball. Sorry for wasting your time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]