View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 14 2017, 0:01 AM 

Player

Amarice asked me to re-make this thread as requests was not the place for it, so now it's open for public discussion.

A follow up to this thread, addressing a situation that has been publicly documented to exist since at least March, but has in truth existed since the beginning of winter last year.

In the year and a half since our area changes were approved to go in but just didn't, our faction dwindled, as we had almost nothing to show for any work we did, while other factions were allowed to RP as if their guards were there and progress was being made but just not in module (the Feldrakes and cleaning up the the Drow Shrine) we were not, and were left spinning our wheels, waiting on years old approved module changes to go in, and had not a single point of contact on the DM team able or willing to take us on and just possess an NPC to even tell us how things were going in the cities. We finally got our guards added to the module after over a year of waiting, and not one DM was able to step up, and allow us to talk to Endir NPC's to see how the new guards are integrating. All this was going on (and had been going on since Winter, as I believe our last DM/Player interaction was with Zoltan during the winter months, to establish times here) and despite numerous requests to simply talk to our NPC's, numerous DM messages and PM's sent, no reply ever came back. Some DM's cited a conflict of interest as their PC's were opposed to our faction.

Despite this, we kept busy. Before one DM left, over a year and some change ago, he had a high-profile NPC assign our faction a task, and we busied ourselves with that last DM NPC instruction we were given in lieu of actual DM level plot development, working at it almost every hour and every day we were on for that entire IRL year. We succeeded on that objective, and once revealing that truth to another DM (Mav), the answer was just "holy shit," and Mav just wasn't able to DM for us anymore shortly thereafter.

Then I was banned. Since that time I've been walking on eggshells not knowing what it was I did to get a server ban for a month so I know not to repeat it. Nobody is willing to tell me why or what or what I did and unlike last time I had 'time off' I have absolutely no idea what rule I broke or when. I have no idea what to feel about this, still. Edit; Amarace told me I was told, but I wasn't. So I don't know what to do about that. Have now received clarification.

If we're going to continue with RP here, I need to know if there's going to be at least some level of commitment from a DM, as we were on every day for over a year working at a clandestine PC vs PC social objective without any DM oversight and absolute bare-bones interaction, nothing but PC on PC IC conversational work, we logged on every day for over a year to get it done, got it done, and once it was finished, despite all the hard-work and heartache it caused, not one member of the team was willing to even allow us to report our success. I, we, put a ton of time into that place, and if someone wants to step in now and help us do things, that's fine, I'll talk to the others, but I'm not going to continue work out there just to be utterly left in the cold, or have the dev team tell me that fixing area bugs they suddenly and randomly introduced is doing us a favor and counts against our area update quota, and things like a faction bind are not coming as our 'bug fixes' simply exhausted our area updates for now.

The combination of being told we needed to do more work without DM oversight (despite the previously mentioned years-long effort doing exactly that as we had no DM for the vast majority of it and thus only had work to do w/o DM's involved, and still logged on for every day to see it through) and the dev team telling us fixing our floating base objects was a favor and would be counted against us and was out of cycle was just a huge punch to the stomach, and then the faction was down to myself and Bri, and I really hope nobody is going to try and argue that we as a faction just sat around waiting for a DM and doing nothing else in that time.

I've been pleading to get a DM since the beginning of winter, 2016. I want to ask for a fraction of the commitment we put into that place returned.

In the immediate, I'm going to need to sit down and tell a DM what it was we did and get some actual RP as a result of it. Seeing as you don't know, and the NPC involved also doesn't know beyond the vague instruction they gave us, I'm happy to do this 100% ic and ig. In fact that's how I want it to be, because believe me, we went above and beyond.

Edit; I kept this post details lite, the public at large still isn't mentally prepared to know what we did, much less in an OOC manner, until there's resolution and finality. If a response to this necessitates IC info that people may not have, please PM me about it or post on our faction forms (we have had a 'looking for dm' thread up there since Mar).

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Last edited by Commie on Mon, Aug 14 2017, 1:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 14 2017, 0:56 AM 

Player

Here is the post I referenced; I just found it.

viewtopic.php?p=1438833#p1438833

Quote:
I am not on the Dev team atm so I can't speak for them, but I am sure they are quite busy themselves. Minor fixes like these are at the bottom of the list for things that need doing so you will have to be patient and wait. I also do not see your faction on enough which doesn't really get my attention to want to DM, I have stated before I could help with minor things until Mav sorted things out, yet I barely see any of the fort crew on anymore. And I don't want to hear the excuse that no DM to do things for you has not made it worth playing. There have been plenty of server wide plots going on and there is always things to rp. My offer still stands I will help with the rp but I want to see more of your faction online and doing other things also.

Please note the minor fixes were bugs suddenly introduced with a patch, it was not a 'always been like this' situation.

As for not being on, I can assure you, and so can others I'm sure, tell you that we were on every day for hours and hours despite nothing from up top.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]