View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:08 PM 

Player

I think we asked enough to drop this derailing now. All this has been answered already. Read up.

However there will a proper post for the isle, with all rules and some lore, once it goes life. If you do not want to dig up now.

However there is o point in typing it 10 times here and it gets lost again anyways in the spamming.

When the time comes there will be a seperate topic in lore with all that is to know for the start (which will be expanded on later)

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:12 PM 

Player

edit; while I was getting caught up I accidentally skipped a page my bad

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:28 PM 

Player

NP... as said this thread is rather cluttery by now anyways. We will make an appropriate post with the necessary details when things go in for good to avoid confusions.

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:57 PM 

Player

editing my other post now

it was a pretty key page i missed in my defense!

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 16:07 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
1. Temporary fresh DM
We already have that. Called Guest Story Telling.

So, that sounds interesting and I think I seen the thread. How common is it to get players to do a guest story and how hard is it to achieve it? Like lore, mechanics, what do one need to know?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 16:22 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
1. Temporary fresh DM

So, that sounds interesting and I think I seen the thread. How common is it to get players to do a guest story and how hard is it to achieve it? Like lore, mechanics, what do one need to know?

Check out this Thread, for more information:
Guest Story Telling 2.0

May I suggest a link to that Thread in the DM Events Thread, as well?

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:33 AM 

Player

Kudark wrote:
Budly wrote:
Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
1. Temporary fresh DM

Check out this Thread, for more information:
Guest Story Telling 2.0

May I suggest a link to that Thread in the DM Events Thread, as well?

Sounds like an good idea.

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 17:14 PM 

Player

Something I have noticed, but it seems that everything is either an extention of kohiligin, condemned as evil, or just simply ignored.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 19:13 PM 

Player

The Little Dragon wrote:
Something I have noticed, but it seems that everything is either an extention of kohiligin, condemned as evil, or just simply ignored.

Not true. The Grove is neither of all those. Nor are several others. Belenoth, Shadowscape, Winya distanced itself from Kohlingen quite a while ago and has a far closer alliance to Barak.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 19:28 PM 

Tester

I'd second that. Not even sure where that could even come from.

There's like three active events ongoing in the Cordor/Dale/Forest area. Stuff going on both in Tarkuul and Belenoth. Winya recently had a few events. I can't speak for every place, so I don't know if places are getting ignored, but it's certainly not the case everywhere. If you have specific suggestions of places you'd like to see more action in, Little Dragon, try buzzing a DM with an idea. Totally possible that places get overlooked, but it's in everyone's interest to go where the players are.

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 23:49 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The Little Dragon wrote:

Not true. The Grove is neither of all those. Nor are several others. Belenoth, Shadowscape, Winya distanced itself from Kohlingen quite a while ago and has a far closer alliance to Barak.

A little spoiler concerning the election in Bendir Dale. Had Budly won, he would have pushed in secret for an alliance and tighter bounds to Winya and Barak while starting to sever it with the humans of Amia to lessen their influence since the island and the world is human influenced, to try to find strength and support elsewhere.

I can see where he comes from but it usually is much more fragile than it looks.

Magiros

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 27 2017, 15:27 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The Little Dragon wrote:

This is due to our plans of creating new master race formed by hybrid of elf and a dwarf. That being said, I third Amarice on the statement, there are events taking place whether they are in forum knowledge or not.

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 27 2017, 19:28 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The Little Dragon wrote:

Also Barak Runedar is more distant from Kohlingen than it has been in some time. Mostly due to a few ideological differences and how people within the factions handled them. Its been good RP, if a little slow.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

Liz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 17:11 PM 

Player

No_Dice_13 wrote:
Also if you aren;t an active player then don't bother commenting because no one cares what you think, you left Amia yet sit around and troll; the forums, get a real life and fuck off.

Sometimes I think about coming back and maybe trying to get invested in Amia again. Maybe it's different than I remember, i think to myself. So today I click up the forum, only to be told that nobody cares what I think and that I should go fuck off.

... by a DM.

... and the general response seems to have been to minimize and defend it.

... in a thread that has at least partially been about what is keeping absent players from becoming current players again.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 17:15 PM 

Player

Liz wrote:
No_Dice_13 wrote:
Also if you aren;t an active player then don't bother commenting because no one cares what you think, you left Amia yet sit around and troll; the forums, get a real life and fuck off.

Sometimes I think about coming back and maybe trying to get invested in Amia again. Maybe it's different than I remember, i think to myself. So today I click up the forum, only to be told that nobody cares what I think and that I should go fuck off.

... by a DM.

... and the general response seems to have been to minimize and defend it.

... in a thread that has at least partially been about what is keeping absent players from becoming current players again.

I understand your concern, I would love to see you return although. To try it in game, it is different from the forums.

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 17:27 PM 

Player

I liked interacting with Daisy back when. I left myself, though not due to DMs but players. Came back recently and making a go of it again. I figure the worst thing that can happen is I try it, don't like it and leave again. Would be good to see you back.

gorgometh

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 17:42 PM 

Player

Liz. Come back please?

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 17:43 PM 

Player

gorgometh wrote:
Liz. Come back please?

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

PhantomDream

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 17:50 PM 

Player

As a player who as recently returned, I ignore most of these threads. However, as someone who has always adored you Liz--I have to say Amia can be enjoyable again. You ignore the out of context drama. You keep OOCly talk to a minimum. You stick to playing for fun and release of daily stresses..and when it gets to be too much, you walk away. I understand your concerns, most definitely, but ignoring what goes on outside of the game and enjoying what happens inside of the game, is definitely the way I have found Amia enjoyable again.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:00 PM 

Player

How exactly is a post made 2 weeks ago and that was never made before by a DM, keeping you from coming back for years now?

Also I would appreciate we do not keep dragging out the same argument in an endless loop. That won't help the server, or anyone.

Anyways. In the end, it is your decision if you come back or not. But now putting up Dicey as the "grand evil" who is at fault that people are not returning, who have not been returning 1-4 years before his post, now are not returning and have not been returning (for years) because of that, is just rediculous.

My two cents anyways. Which still does not mean I approve of the things that were posted, as mentioned before.

Liz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:21 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
How exactly is a post made 2 weeks ago and that was never made before by a DM, keeping you from coming back for years now?

Also I would appreciate we do not keep dragging out the same argument in an endless loop. That won't help the server, or anyone.

Anyways. In the end, it is your decision if you come back or not. But now putting up Dicey as the "grand evil" who is at fault that people are not returning, who have not been returning 1-4 years before his post, now are not returning and have not been returning (for years) because of that, is just rediculous.

My two cents anyways. Which still does not mean I approve of the things that were posted, as mentioned before.

It keeps me from wanting to come back not on its own, but because it's an example of the sort of things that made me want to leave in the first place. It's an indication that things haven't changed, nor are they likely to. I don't cite it as any sort of uniquely Grand Evil, just a tellingly conspicuous recent data point in a years-long trend.

But you're absolutely right; bringing it up probably doesn't help the server. Though I'm reasonably sure that handwaving and ignoring the problem, which seems to be the entrenched position, doesn't help the server either. I'm not sure how to resolve that contradiction, honestly. I just know that being told how worthless I am doesn't make me want to bother trying.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:27 PM 

Player

I have a small advice though, for anyone.

Don't judge Amia by the forum, but rather log in and judge there if you actually enjoy the 'game'.

Noone enjoys the forum, not even I. It is part of my "duty". Before I became a DM I tried to only read the forums when I really had to. >.> The forums have always been rather sad a read. Ever since I play this game which is like... 12 years now.

Aaaaaand now I feel old.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:33 PM 

Player

I read 95% of the forum stuff strictly as entertainment value, and every once in a while, I throw a stick on the fire. *chuckles* If you look at it from a neutral point of view, it's pretty funny, but like any fire, it's fun to play with and few can resist the draw.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:43 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
I have a small advice though, for anyone.

Don't judge Amia by the forum, but rather log in and judge there if you actually enjoy the 'game'.

Noone enjoys the forum, not even I. It is part of my "duty". Before I became a DM I tried to only read the forums when I really had to. >.> The forums have always been rather sad a read. Ever since I play this game which is like... 12 years now.

Aaaaaand now I feel old.

1. Don't feel old that you started on Amia when I Was 8. Don't, please. <3

2. I agree completely. The forums don't represent what's actually going on. I'd say- ignore the OOC topics, only look at IC ones. Come IG. Ignore OOC / non-nwn platforms unless with players you can truly trust. I think a root of the troubles comes from non-nwn platforms.

Solvaras

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:54 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Aaaaaand now I feel old.

All you need are a few cats now.....oh.....wait........ :D

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 18:57 PM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
1. Don't feel old that you started on Amia when I Was 8. Don't, please. <3.

Omg, so was I. :mrgreen:

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 19:50 PM 

Player

Still puttering around here and there, still the same old fun.

I saw discussion about gold prices and faction areas? Shouldn't that cost DC's? It'd be trickier than scripting gold, sure, but if the ultimate concern is requiring a fee for entry then I believe Dreamcoins are the best answer if automated IG.

Fymor Trueshot

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 20:36 PM 

Player

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 21:41 PM 

Player

DukeDublin wrote:
I saw discussion about gold prices and faction areas? Shouldn't that cost DC's? It'd be trickier than scripting gold, sure, but if the ultimate concern is requiring a fee for entry then I believe Dreamcoins are the best answer if automated IG.

I'd strongly disagree here. It being only for gold means it's about playing enough, or even knowing enough people/having a large enough faction. If it's for Dream Coins, it means factions/players outside of the main DMing times have little options for factions. And since it's temporary and can be stolen from you, if I understand this correctly, it's a gamble, for something mostly cosmetic, and I have to pay DCs for it.

Also, it having a gold cost makes sense IG. In a certain way, you'd be paying for the stuff you have there. But if it's a 'hey, let's go capture that castle there' 'no, sorry, can't, I don't have the DCs for it'... try making that an IG argument...

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 22:16 PM 

Player

Yeah the gold is representative for all the stuff you can place there in manner of buildings etc.

It is for payment of constructing (both for workers and material)

Hence why the initial rent is higher, but later the maintaining is some cheaper!

Also if you have a few people pitch together, you can get the money rather easily on Amia.

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 22:20 PM 

Player

Fymor Trueshot

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 22:23 PM 

Player

Well the point is to be able to do shit without a DM.

And DC mean a DM is involved, even if only in a bit of a more general sense of having had the luck to RP during a time a DM was present and not busy with something else.

It would then also give older players a huge advantage over someone who just started to play a bit ago.

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 22:31 PM 

Player

If you want a DC cost, it's simple. Burn DCs until you have the gold required :wink:

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 23:38 PM 

Player

Liz wrote:
Stuff..

I don't mean to bash on you or anything, but this goes for all the people that want to return to Amia. Looking into discussions like these for positive reasons to go back are maybe not the best idea. Threads like these have a tendency to have a good bit of negativity in them, after all.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 23:44 PM 

Player

Lets not bunch up on this player, lets encourage her to come look at the server, play a bit with us. I think Liz should log on a weekend and just play and see if its enjoyable and such!

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 30 2017, 23:48 PM 

Player

The forums kinda scared me too before I came back, but I decided to ignore it and get in game to check stuff out. Much better, as the others are agreeing. Its nice to just funnel out the OOC and focus on whatever IC threads pertain to what you're doing IG.

I'd love to see you back, Liz.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Alaria-

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 01 2017, 13:53 PM 

Player

I'll play with you if you do, Lizzie! :)

Tandannon

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 01 2017, 23:37 PM 

Player

Agreed with Liz and others. Worse than dicey's comments was that the other DMs defended it.

I can only encourage you to try Arelith. NWN doesn't have to be insulting. Lots of us former Amians have found new life and are having a blast there after giving it a weekend's try. Triple digit player count every day.

And no DMs telling players to fuck off.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 01 2017, 23:51 PM 

Player

Tandannon. I dont know why everytime you post is for telling people to go to arelith. I mean I get it, you no longer want to play here and probably you had a bad experience but why not just move on with it already. Really all your post and no constructive critic in any of them. As you say keep having a blast there, its nice that people have fun there! But really coming here only to talk bad about Amia?
I dont know, personally i wouldnt bother coming back back only to tell people to leave, I'd just have fun somewhere el se.

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Tandannon

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 01 2017, 23:56 PM 

Player

I like these players. I want them to have fun. They should hear that we're having fun over there so they can try too. Why don't you want them to have fun if they like it there? It's a solution to the state of the server.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 0:36 AM 

Tester

yimmi wrote:
Tandannon. I dont know why everytime you post is for telling people to go to arelith. I mean I get it, you no longer want to play here and probably you had a bad experience but why not just move on with it already. Really all your post and no constructive critic in any of them. As you say keep having a blast there, its nice that people have fun there! But really coming here only to talk bad about Amia?
I dont know, personally i wouldnt bother coming back back only to tell people to leave, I'd just have fun somewhere el se.

^

And no, it's not a solution. It has literally nothing to do with improving the state of the server. No one cares if people play on multiple servers and no one is arguing against it, despite how you're trying to spin it there. The point of this thread is to reflect on the state of the Amian server. Not trying to grift them elsewhere. Sometimes that means harsh and fair criticism, but even then the focus is still the Amian server. That's like filling out a survey you get from Wal-Mart and only talking about great Costco is.

But you know this as much as anyone, and like I said to the others: eventually, you'll find something more constructive to do.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 1:02 AM 

Player

Tandannon wrote:
Agreed with Liz and others. Worse than dicey's comments was that the other DMs defended it.

I can only encourage you to try Arelith. NWN doesn't have to be insulting. Lots of us former Amians have found new life and are having a blast there after giving it a weekend's try. Triple digit player count every day.

I've heard bad enough things about the DM's on Arelith too.

I've tried Arelith, did not like it. And maybe Amia is not perfect, maybe it does not have 100+ players at once, but it had 39 players on just now and that's good enough for me.

I am not saying Amia is perfect, but 39 players online at a server that is dying? naah, that's not dying. Yes, Amia had more players before, but so did NWN in general. It's an old game in general, and servers across the board had more players at any given time some years back (during Amia's best days).

39 Players online is a good number at this point, and it's above average for some years now.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 11:16 AM 

Player

Stop arguing what server is good or not, if people want to play on Arelith, Amia or anything else. They can. Arguing about which server is best is not gaining anything. People are entitled to say what they think. Better to nod and say okay, maybe present the good parts of Amia and let it go. No need to try to build the worlds tallest building.

40 players is good but do not think that this is over, you got momentum, use it while it last to get a standing player base.

ZoltanTheRed

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 13:00 PM 

Player

Tandannon wrote:
I like these players. I want them to have fun. They should hear that we're having fun over there so they can try too. Why don't you want them to have fun if they like it there? It's a solution to the state of the server.

If you're serious, then you're being naive if you think people haven't tried other places already. Most of the people that play here, play here because they enjoy it. But if you're not and you're doing what the cynic in me thinks you're doing, I'd rather ask you to move on and do something else with your adult life than waste your free time trying to poach players from other servers. Have a good time over there, though.

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:11 PM 

Player

Tandannon wrote:

I can only encourage you to try Arelith. NWN doesn't have to be insulting. And no DMs telling players to fuck off.

Perhaps you've never heard of the Baphomet leak, but I can guarantee you Arelith DMs are no better, the only difference is they openly collude behind closed forums and laugh at players and mock them all the time. Arelith isn't special.

I left that server because even before the Baphomet leak because it was well-known they were loading special gear for their friends, telling their friends where new quarters and shops were going in and snuff killing players they didn't like. Arelith has been and probably no doubt still is (since I see the same DMs still on their forums) corrupt as all get out.

To me, what Dicey said was over the line, and no doubt if this were a professional game (read: profit-driven) he'd be fired for it within hours of posting it. I do not think the players just wanting information on Demonreach did anything remotely "trollish," they just seemed a little too interested when it also seemed the team didn't "hash out" information. It's important to note that "liking PvP" is not a bad thing. It's a legit playstyle as long as it's within the rules. Some people come to Amia and never leave a town, spending their time chit chatting about the weather for 6 hours at a time. Others kill things. Others still kill each other. Hell, most of my time is spent talking to anyone and everyone in order to sell them things below asking price, who cares? What's more dismaying is that no one seems to have really any oversight to reign the staff in when they do "get out of line." Is no one helming the ship?

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:36 PM 

Player

In most "professional games", the staff does not even bother to reply to player concerns.

In most MMO I never played, there is not a single staff answer on the forum to any of the multitude of threads about player concerns.

Just as an aside!

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:42 PM 

Player

Tandannon wrote:

I'm really happy you've found a new server to call home. But I agree with some other comments here, a lot of us have tried other servers. (I've tried Sinfar and Arelith). I've found fun in both, but I've also found no fun. To me, Amia is perfect. It has its issues, but I like how the environment is. DM involvement is something I like, though too much or too little can always be an issue.

From my past experience I love Sinfar because its a sandbox where I can make anything I want, any build, no request / restrictions and just be creative. But too much freedom destroys the immerse for it and the lack of DMs. Having only DMs to settle OOC issues, and otherwise leave RP alone.

Arelith is a bit too extreme for me. You have to eat, sleep, drink.. If you have to go in a hurry and don't have time to leave the dungeon, you load back in that dungeon. Unbuffed, unprepared for a spawn and die or fight / or run. They've heavy restrictions on two of the classes I love (Shifter and Palemaster). They're heavily focused / bias around Magic uses.

These are just my experiences over the years of NWN. Each server is unique, but Amia is my home.

EDIT: I wanted to edit this a bit. I can name 20 players from Sinfar that were Amia, who still read Amians forums and would return if things changed (their words, not mine). The same goes for Arelith. So it's not impossible to think Amia can have full servers everyday. It'll just take some work.

Last edited by LibrisMortis_666 on Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:42 PM 

Player

Tandannon wrote:

Tandannon wrote:

These posts reek of Bitterness, and spite. The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Amia is dying!!! Other post's had stated! The grass is greener on the other side! come join us! Blah blah blah!!! The only thing you all have accomplished is Galvanizing the true Amian Loyalists and brought us closer together. Past players are coming back. Since this post our numbers have risen. I have a strange feeling a few of the disgruntled folks who have left, and nay all are bad apples, but those who are will spread there poison to other servers. Talk non stop OOC how horrible it is supposedly on Amia. But you keep Amia on your lips. Your just making the server more Famous and were going to see a steady influx of new players. Once an Amian, always an Amian. You will come back. They always do. *Cue spooky music*

Last edited by Impknightofireland on Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 02 2017, 22:44 PM 

Player

as an aside most MMO and game devs go to school and take college classes about what makes a game good, how to design aspects that make it a game and study from current platforms and do projects in correlation to such.

I know because I am going to school to become a game dev my self.

There are certain patterns that are done. And in recent times Crowd testing is good. Most 'professional' dev teams also have their own dedicated team of testers who's job it is to break the game mechanics and look for mistakes and offer feed back to the over all idea of what was going for.
\
One of my favorite games even shows you such a team at the end of the game when they release extras as a sort f gift for beating the game. Deving takes a lot of time and work, and know how and honestly training.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 0:57 AM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
EDIT: I wanted to edit this a bit. I can name 20 players from Sinfar that were Amia, who still read Amians forums and would return if things changed (their words, not mine). The same goes for Arelith. So it's not impossible to think Amia can have full servers everyday. It'll just take some work.

A few words to this.

1. That fully depends on what changes they are waiting for and if they are feasible for amia.
2. If they want to see if those changes are feasible, they would need to return first and make suggestions of what they feel should change and how.

Sitting in another game and hoping by some miracle that another game will change exactly as you desire on pure coincidence, without being there and telling people what you feel should be different, is a very unlikely thing to happen I'm afraid.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next