View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ] 
Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 01 2017, 12:47 PM 

DM

Hey everyone,

I have decided to reopen custom scripting - to a degree.

I am the only Scripter on the team right now that has the time to tackle this. Sheeler is busy and her time is limited so I cannot speak on her behalf here.

The conditions are as follows:

1. My current projects will be taking priority, aka bug fixing/important changes/faction system.

2. To further iterate the point, some of these submissions may get put it once per month or six months depending on the difficulty and my free time.

3. I am going to script things based on the ideas provided, with or without alterations depending, but the ultimate choice of what gets scripted is still up to the team and I.

4. All scripted spells/feats will become public and buyable, for cheap, no matter what.

The general format that I wish you to present these ideas for is below. Use a variation of this format for feats, etc.

Spell Name:
Spell Level:
Class: (Wiz/Cleric/Sorc/etc)
Spell Description: (Include fluff if you wish, but mostly describe in detail what the spell does and how it deals and what damage it deals, if any damage at all? The more descriptive you are the better we can actually tackle the idea.)

Please take the time to do some research as well and keep mechanical feasibility in mind (Some things are just not possible or are far too much work). Look and compare your idea to the other spells of similiar level on Amia. If your spell/feat is way overpowered it might get ignored, so please be realistic and thoughtful.

You are free to submit/discuss/etc them below. Keep the banter friendly please.

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 01 2017, 22:24 PM 

Player

Feat Name: Heroic Throw
Feat Prerequisites: (Not sure yet)
Class: Aimed at fighter types.
Description: The fighter heroically hefts his weapon before throwing it at the enemy to prevent his escape or disrupt some vile spell or somewhat. The character makes a ranged attack against his target. If the hit is successful, he deals weapon damage plus strength bonus, and inflicts a hinderance upon his foe. (Initially I thought Knockdown, but that would be silly.) However, the character also suffers the effect of an automatic disarm against his person (As he just threw his weapon.)

There are still some details to work out here... but you get the idea. This is something I have thought about requesting on a variety of of characters, starting with a fighter who whilst he was a weaponmaster in a one handed sword, always opened up combats with a shortspear and shield before drawing his sword. It is also a fairly common fantasy and sword and sandals theme, often with a hero throwing a sword, axe or spear to impale his foe when he least expects it. Also seen used against plebs in combat... such as...

It also means that we could have characters who RP Shortspears as Javelins.... which is just cool.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 01 2017, 23:08 PM 

Player

A widget that lets you change what kind of dragon you turn into with the dragon-shape feat so you can be a NG dragon shifter/druid and not need to request a custom skin changer to not be a physical representation of evil, as well as eliminating the need for a delayed-skin changer so it can be used in a pinch w/o setup.

edit; i know one was partially made and have tested it ig on amia, but as far as I know it was never completed/dispersed to the public.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 01 2017, 23:26 PM 

Tester

Bravo, Mav. I'm really glad to see you making this effort. This definitely brings back a very great element of the Amian experience.

@Aurora

Might I suggest that your idea would work better as an actual item in game? The key problem I foresee is what happens to the weapon after it is thrown. Does it disappear from your inventory? Does it show up in the creature's inventory and you retrieve it after/if you kill it? ... What if you miss or accidentally toss your DC weapon? It's a lot of extra stuff to think about and coordinate and in the end, I'm not sure if there are many who would take a feat to chuck their weapon away; it'd be like throwing axes, but you have to re-equip after every throw.

This is just me spitballing what it could be like, don't feel I'm trying to steer you away from what you're requesting if you have your heart set on tossing away all your dwarven spears. :)

Item: Throwing Javelin(or bundle of Javelins) added to a few stores or as a Custom Item

Appearance: Misc Medium 118 for single or 218 for a bundle(multiple uses)

On use: Ranged Touch attack on Enemy for

1d8(Base Spear Damage) + 2 x STR Mod(repping both melee mod and a full Mighty bonus) + 5 Damage per Spear and Trident Feat
Reflex vs Slow, 3 Rounds, at DC of 15 + STR Mod + DEX Mod(representing being skewered)

Projectile: VFX: 357_ NORMAL_ARROW
Impact: VFX_COM_BLOOD_LRG_RED

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 01 2017, 23:59 PM 

DM

Aurora wrote:
Feat Name: Heroic Throw
Feat Prerequisites: (Not sure yet)
Class: Aimed at fighter types.
Description: The fighter heroically hefts his weapon before throwing it at the enemy to prevent his escape or disrupt some vile spell or somewhat. The character makes a ranged attack against his target. If the hit is successful, he deals weapon damage plus strength bonus, and inflicts a hinderance upon his foe. (Initially I thought Knockdown, but that would be silly.) However, the character also suffers the effect of an automatic disarm against his person (As he just threw his weapon.)

There are still some details to work out here... but you get the idea. This is something I have thought about requesting on a variety of of characters, starting with a fighter who whilst he was a weaponmaster in a one handed sword, always opened up combats with a shortspear and shield before drawing his sword. It is also a fairly common fantasy and sword and sandals theme, often with a hero throwing a sword, axe or spear to impale his foe when he least expects it. Also seen used against plebs in combat... such as...

It also means that we could have characters who RP Shortspears as Javelins.... which is just cool.

Done.

"Javelin Throw" or "Heroic Throw" will now allow you to deal ranged damage to an enemy if you have a spear in your hand. You will throw your weapon, forcing it to be dropped back into your inventory, and the target will take 1d8 + 2*Str Modifier Damage. You cannot use this feat with anything that isn't a trident or full spear for the record.

After some thought I don't think it is needed to do anything beyond forcing your spear to become unequipped. The damage output isn't going to be anything incredibly impressive nor can you do it more than once round. You can RP pulling out another spear, etc and it avoids the big issue of actually loosing an epic spear in the process.

Code is done. It will go up server side on the next update, and after we test it and run it through its paces we will make it public. Cheers!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 02 2017, 0:14 AM 

Tester

Wow. Well that was quick! Alright, I'm limiting myself to something simple and pretty universal. The other thing, I'll definitely get feedback on first from both DMs and the other players/PCs who could make use of it.

Spell Name: Greater Fireburst
Spell Level: Wizard, Sorcerer 5
School: Evocation
Descriptors: Fire
Area of Effect: 10 ft Radius
Target: Self(Unique Spell, Self slot)
Duration: Instantaneous
Save: Reflex, Evasion respected
Spell Resistance: Yes

Spell Description: The caster erupts in a terrifying burst of flame.

1d8 Fire damage per Level to a maximum of 15d8

Each Spell Focus adds 2d8 Damage

Metamagics: Empower, Maximize

Cast VFX: 481 VFX_FNF_SUMMONDRAGON + 494 VFX_FNF_DRAGBREATHGROUND
Impact VFX: 60 VFX_IMP_FLAME_M

**Edit by DM after Split of Topic, it was mentioned to maybe also make this available to druids and clerics with the fire domain.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 02 2017, 10:29 AM 

Player

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/calmAnimals.htm wrote:
Calm Animals
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Animal 1, Drd 1, Rgr 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: Animals within 30 ft. of each other
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell soothes and quiets animals, rendering them docile and harmless. Only ordinary animals (those with Intelligence scores of 1 or 2) can be affected by this spell. All the subjects must be of the same kind, and no two may be more than 30 feet apart. The maximum number of Hit Dice of animals you can affect is equal to 2d4 + caster level. A dire animal or an animal trained to attack or guard is allowed a saving throw; other animals are not.

The affected creatures remain where they are and do not attack or flee. They are not helpless and defend themselves normally if attacked. Any threat breaks the spell on the threatened creatures.

The spell mechanic for something like this, is already in game in the form of mass charm (I used it on another server towards a similar purpose a good while back) and I think it could be a good solution to Rangers & Druids that don't want to have to kill random animal spawns when traveling in their habitat (and then RP they scared them off or some such. In either case it can break immersion slightly). Another way to do it could be to script it so that the animals de-spawn with an emote; for instance *The animals look at you for a few moments, then goes about their day*
A combination of both Calm animals and Calm emotions could be made so that bards and clerics of a more peaceful nature can avoid the wrath of spawns as well (Looking at you Salandrans!)

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 02 2017, 10:44 AM 

Player

Feat name:Acrobatic Backstab (though a variant of the actual feat)
Feat requirements: 12 Tumble
Feat description: You dart past your opponent's attacks, ending up perfectly positioned for a devastating counterattack.
Mechanic: If you succeed a tumble check VS the target's attack bonus (full AB, not just BAB) then you can attempt to make a single full damage sneak attack against that opponent.
This could be done by first making the tumble check vs the target's attack bonus, if that succeeds you roll AB vs AC and if that succeeds you do weapon damage + sneak attack worth of damage, double if dualwielding. (or HD/2+1d6 per sneak attack feat, instead of weapon damage in case it'd be easier to script)

I can see this being of great help for non ranged or non hips sneak attackers in combat, allowing them to utilize a key component of their class in a way that doesn't make it useless nor OP. (It'd be 1 or 2 if DW sneak attacks per round, instead of 3-4 or 5-6 with dualwielding. As you can do that in pnp with either acrobatic backstab or a feint, it feels like it's intended for rogues to be able to use their sneak more anyway.)

Last edited by Gravemaskin on Sat, Sep 02 2017, 14:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 02 2017, 16:50 PM 

Player

I had something like this in mind for my WM before the scripting got shutdown:

Feat Name: Ki Smash
Prerequisites: Ki damage, devistating critical
Specifics: On a use of ki damage the weapon master channels their ki into a devistating weapon strike to the ground in front of their foes. The ground shakes causing all foes in the area effect (not sure size) to save vs reflex (dc 10+1/2 level + str mid) or be knocked to the ground for 1 round and take 1d6/level damage.

Was thinking it'd be a mix of dev crit and ki damage to disable and damage enemies. Figured it'd have to be a high level feat due to the power level although I'm not so good with balance. It could also use more than one use of ki damage if there's concern it could be spammed.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 03 2017, 11:35 AM 

Player

Spell Name: Protection From Positive Energy
Spell Level: 3
Class: Cleric
Area: Single Target
Range: Touch
Spell Description: As Negative Energy Protection, but protects against positive energy. Can be cast on undead allies, for example.

This has been approved for individuals in the past, I'd like to make it available to everybody please. It's simple, useful, it's in pen-and-paper, and the only balance concern would be that it makes Greater Ruin less awesome in pvp. I have no suggestions to alleviate that concern (other than more custom epic spells to replace the typical Greater Ruin/Hellball duo.)

Second spell idea:

Spell Name: Explosive Tumor
Spell Level: 7
Class: Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer
School: Evocation
Save: Fortitude
Spell resistance: Yes, for initial tumor implantation
Spell Description: The caster attempts to evoke an energy tumor inside their victim, which, in one turn, explodes, doing 1d6 damage per level. A fortitude save can be made to resist the initial attempt to weave the tumor in the victim, but if the save is failed, no further save is made to resist the damage from the fireball. The explosion is identical to a fireball spell with the exception of the amount of damage caused. Multiple tumors may be implanted into a victim if they are so unfortunate - they will all go off one turn after they are individually cast.

I think this would be hilarious in certain situations for a lot of people to use, useful, and a lot of fun for interrogating people.

Third spell idea:

Spell Name: Gaze From Hell
Spell Level: Epic
Class: Cleric (Could add wizard and sorcerer if needed for balance, though it seems like a cleric kind of spell)
Range: Long
Save: Will Partial
Spell Description: The caster of this unquestionably evil and vile spell draws power from the lower planes themselves - though not necessarily Hell, it can be any lower plane which has an evil affinity - and stares at their victim intensely, gazing into their psyche, showing the utmost of fear and annihilation to the recipient, destroying their will to live. This stare affects the creature in tangible ways, proving fatal to many unfortunate creatures who meet this gaze, forcing them to roll a will save versus death (DC 20 + casting stat), and those who succeed still take 10d8 untyped damage from the experience. Death immunity does not stop this epic spell from claiming its' victims.

Fourth spell idea:

Spell Name: Plague of Destruction
School: Necromancy
Spell Level: 6
Class: Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer, Druid
Duration: Permanent (Can be reversed with restoration, remove disease/poison, and any other typical ways that are used to cure stat penalties)
Save: Fortitude
Spell Description: The caster unleashes a horrid disease onto the victim, ravaging their body in ways unimaginable to most peasants and finer folk who have never experienced a pandemic. The stench of death rots from them and they suffer from horrible physical ailments and pains, resulting in a 1d4 penalty to all physical stats per 6 caster levels.

I know this is a lot of suggestions, I know some of them are likely harder to implement than others, these are just some neat ones I thought of that I thought people could think about.

Other cool epic spells are possible as well. Champions of Ruin has some badass ones, like Diluvial Torrent or Horrendous Desecration.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 03 2017, 13:41 PM 

Player

Flesh to Ice
Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 5 Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level) Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates Spell Resistance: Yes
The subject, along with all its car- ried gear, turns into a mindless, inert ice sculpture. If the sculpture resulting from this spell is broken, melted, or damaged, the subject (if ever returned to its original state) has similar damage or deformities. The creature is not dead, but it does not seem to be alive either when viewed with spells such as deathwatch. Only creatures made of flesh are affected by this spell.
Material Component: Water and a drop of blood.

And the reversal in form of Ice to Flesh

http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/frostb ... ell--1313/
This one here with regular cold damage since we don't have frostburn damage and I'd also say yank the dropping objects bit. Cold spells CL increase is likely also out

https://dndtools.net/spells/spell-compe ... sun--3982/ Body of the sun

Binding Snow
Transmutation [Cold]
Level: Cleric 3, druid 3, paladin 3,
ranger 3
Components: V, S, DF, Frostfell Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level) Area: One 10-ft. square/level Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Reflex negates Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell must be cast on a snow field. That snow field instantly freezes, impeding movement through the area. A creature caught within the area can move only at half its normal speed. By making a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 25 Escape Artist check, the creature can move at its normal speed for that round. A creature that succeeds on a Reflex save is not impeded.

http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/frostb ... index.html

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 03 2017, 15:32 PM 

Player

My super selfish person would be wondering how the spell "Otto's Irresistible Dance" could be implemented to the game without it being broken. I have a widget that allows my character to perform a aoe version of this when she plays the violin, but the "Ask the players for their conscent" part of the pen and paper spells rule can make this kinda impractical for the usage Saya would make of that.

http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Ot ... ible_Dance

P.S. Not really hoping to make this an actual useful power, rather make it an official spell so that I can drop the "Ask conscent" aspect of it.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 03 2017, 15:55 PM 

Player

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89525

Tarnus

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 04 2017, 22:00 PM 

Player

Conch of Tidal Summons: This beautiful shell is streaked with a rainbow of color. It can be blown like a trumpet, and it creates a mournful, low-pitched tone that carries for miles when the wind is right. A character who uses a conch of tidal summons gains a +5 competence bonus on any Perform (wind instruments) check made to play a tune or create an effect using the instrument. The conch's true powers, though, lie in its ability to summon creatures of the tides to do the user's bidding. Summoning a creature with a conch of tidal summons is a full-round action. Anyone can use the item to summon 1d4+1 sea cats or 1d4+1 monstrous crabs. If the user has at least 9 ranks in Perform (wind instruments), she can instead summon 1d3 orca whales or 1d3 adult tojanidas. Alternatively, if the user has at least 15 ranks in Perform (wind instruments), she can summon a single dire shark or a single razoreel swarm. All creatures summoned with the conch remain for 15 rounds or until slain, and they follow the spoken instructions of the one who holds the conch. The conch summons creatures once per day.

From: http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp? ... /20040320a

Could be an epic loot drop or something like that me thinks (or maybe a special one for underwater dungeons), maybe with some limitation that no matter what no more then one of these can be used/day.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

MisterLich

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 05 2017, 1:40 AM 

Player

Feat Name: Blazing Berserker
Prerequisites: Ability to use any barbarian rage (1 level will suffice)
Description: As long as you are under the effects of a rage, you gain the fire subtype. You gain immunity to fire, but have vulnerability to cold, which means you take +50% damage from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.

Feat Name: Frozen Berserker
Prerequisites: Ability to use any barbarian rage (1 level will suffice)
Description: As long as you are under the effects of a rage, you gain the cold subtype. You gain immunity to cold, but have vulnerability to fire, which means you take +50% damage from fire, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.

Inspired from: http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/sandsto ... index.html and http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/frostbu ... index.html

I'm not sure WTF would happen if you had both feats, to be honest ^^;

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 05 2017, 3:02 AM 

DM

I am not sure if I can pull that off, tbh, but ill experiment.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 05 2017, 4:02 AM 

Player

No worries, I can think of other barbarian feats instead if those are undoable.

I think some variety with rage feats would be really good to help encourage more barbarians (and more diverse concepts with them).

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 06 2017, 12:29 PM 

Player

MisterLich wrote:
No worries, I can think of other barbarian feats instead if those are undoable.

I think some variety with rage feats would be really good to help encourage more barbarians (and more diverse concepts with them).

Yes please! :D

Solvaras

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 06 2017, 12:56 PM 

Player

Undead Swarm

Spell level: Wizard/Sorcerer 9; Cleric 9
Innate level: 9
School: Necromancy
Descriptor: Evil
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: medium (20 meters)
Area of effect: point
Duration: 24 hours
Save: none
Spell resistance: no
Additional counterspells: dismissal

Description: The caster summons a greater undead to act as a loyal servant until it dies or until the spell expires. If the greater undead dies before the spell ends, a greater undead is automatically summoned to replace it. This process continues until a total of 4 undead have been summoned this way.

Basically elemental swarm but with undead. Should be the same stats as the ele swarm, just with the undead descriptor and the elemental damage on them changed to negative damage. The type of undead is up for debate.

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 15 2017, 22:21 PM 

Player

Heat Death

Evocation
Sorcerer/Wizard 9
Descriptor: Fire
Range: Medium
Target: Single
Duration: Instant
Additional Counterspells: None
Save: Fortitude/8d10 Fire
Spell Resistance: No

Raise the internal temperature of one living creature within 30 feet to lethal levels. The target must succeed on a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + Spell Level + Cha modifier) or die horrifically as its blood (or other internal fluid) boils. Even on a successful save, the target takes 8d10 points of fire damage from the heat. As with Implosion, because this spell attacks the physical body rather than the soul, it is not Death Magic and is therefore not affected by immunity to Death Magic. Spell's save DC is affected by spell focus feats for the Evocation school.

((This is an arcane variant of a class feature from the Pyrokineticist Prestige Class. It has been slightly altered to fit better as a 9th level arcane spell rather than a class-related special ability.))

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 22 2017, 14:12 PM 

Player

Just gonna post this one out here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=88501&p=1429081&hilit=dance#p1429081

Is there a way these solo dance things be added on the emote wand or on a separate emote wand or something? I know I'd like that especially considering the "dance" option we have right now is... well :D

Kronox

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 19:05 PM 

Player

Would it be remotely possible for a Khopesh to disarm somebody's Shield? That is the purpose of a Khopesh as a weapon, after all.

My thoughts on it, if it is possible, would be that to avoid people crafting a khopesh to look like a normal sword, and getting around the "It would need to be on every longsword" issues, simply add the feat onto each Khopesh sold in Nes'ek and lock their customization appearance. Players can then Mythal the weapon accordingly, and of course have the option to request a more powerful one with DC's. Weaponsmiths could request the feat be put on such a crafted weapon, as well.

Thoughts? Possible? Balanced?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 19:22 PM 

Player

Probably not really feasible as we do not really have a Kopesh as a weapon, that is merely an appearance style of a longsword.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 19:57 PM 

Tester

A general feat that disarms an opponent's shield is likely possible. To be one of the SCA nerds that I often rail against, there are a couple of different weapons that could be used to perform a "shield hook" or guard break. Most notably axes and pole arms. Add in techniques like kicking the shield, locking and wrenching it aside, or just grabbing it, and it's feasible that you could "disarm" a shield with just about any weapon set up, same as regular Disarm.

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 06 2017, 19:21 PM 

Player

Feat Name: Guard
Feat Prerequisites: 8 Parry, Dodge
Class: Rogue/Fighter Archetypes (Monks are restricted from taking this feat)
Description: The character gains +2 dodge bonus to AC against attacks from his current target or latest attacker while fighting without a shield.

Feat Name: Fencing
Feat Prerequisites: Guard
Description: The character gains +5 dodge bonus to AC against attacks from his current target or latest attacker while fighting with a free offhand.

These feats are intended to better equalize AC for those who prefer the flavour of fighting without a shield. Shields will be on par with these feats, stacked for +8 dodge altogether with their prerequisite. Shields will have the advantage through Mythals and superior AC mechanics. In Summary:

Two-Handing & Dual Wielding works with Guard.
"Free" Handing works with both Guard and Fencing.

Fymor Trueshot

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2017, 12:31 PM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
A general feat that disarms an opponent's shield is likely possible. To be one of the SCA nerds that I often rail against, there are a couple of different weapons that could be used to perform a "shield hook" or guard break. Most notably axes and pole arms. Add in techniques like kicking the shield, locking and wrenching it aside, or just grabbing it, and it's feasible that you could "disarm" a shield with just about any weapon set up, same as regular Disarm.

If that happens (great idea by the way!) I'd like to suggest that it works a bit like how knockdown does, in that it would be an attack with a penalty to AB when performed and then have a knockdown thing where you gain some of that AB back when targetting different sizes of shields. However, instead of "the bigger the person is, the harder it is to hit", it would work reverse here, and be that the smaller the shield is, the lower the AB gained is.

This would give a purpose to small and medium shields, all the while penalizing the overpowered tower shields (which already give more AC to compensiate for that.. thus making them already harder to disarm than smaller ones...)

jmaximum

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 2:16 AM 

Player

Don't know if this counts as scripting or not, but: the addition of asian/samurai style armor for custom modification.

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 09 2018, 22:23 PM 

Player

Would it be possible to have either a feat or a function to be able to use one handed weapons in two hands and get the extra half strength bonus. I know its not much, but thematically being able to use a bastard sword or Katana in two hands and get a bonus for doing it would be awesome.

I have also had ideas for various sword techniques which may be interesting feats. But I will edit them into this post tomorrow.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 9:58 AM 

Player

jmaximum wrote:
Don't know if this counts as scripting or not, but: the addition of asian/samurai style armor for custom modification.

That would require a model to exist, or one to be created from scratch, and then added to a hak pack. It wouldn't involve scripting, but more work than the payoff would be over a single piece of armour, of which we have similar themed models already in game (Dodgy as they look).

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 13:18 PM 

Player

DukeDublin wrote:
Feat Name: Guard
Feat Prerequisites: 8 Parry, Dodge
Description: The character gains +2 dodge bonus to AC against attacks from his current target or latest attacker while fighting without a shield.

Feat Name: Fencing
Feat Prerequisites: Guard
Description: The character gains +5 dodge bonus to AC against attacks from his current target or latest attacker while fighting with a free offhand.

These feats are intended to better equalize AC for those who prefer the flavour of fighting without a shield. Shields will be on par with these feats, stacked for +8 dodge altogether with their prerequisite. Shields will have the advantage through Mythals and superior AC mechanics. In Summary:

Two-Handing & Dual Wielding works with Guard.
"Free" Handing works with both Guard and Fencing.

I like this all the way, but Free Off-Hand shouldn't be the same as a damned Tower-Shield, imo..

On the other hand, there is already no damn reason not to take a tower shield sooo....

jmaximum

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 14:56 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
jmaximum wrote:

That would require a model to exist, or one to be created from scratch, and then added to a hak pack. It wouldn't involve scripting, but more work than the payoff would be over a single piece of armour, of which we have similar themed models already in game (Dodgy as they look).

I don't recall the name, but there's already a texture pack out there, and maybe even the full hakpak (Ori's Clothes, or Lisa's clothes horse, maybe?)

Kronox

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 03 2018, 6:01 AM 

Player

Feat Name: Relentless Rage
Feat Prerequisites: 21st level, Dexterity 21+, Constitution 21+, Greater Rage
Class: Barbarian
Description: +1 Universal Saves/7 Barbarian Levels, +5 Vampiric Regen, +10 Bonus HP/Barbarian Level.

While I understand if the intent behind the Barbarian Rage changes are strictly for the sake of the +12 Strength cap, it does also bring up the possibility of Dexterity based Barbarians as a more viable playstyle as well. I've always imagined it as sheer ferocity and speed of attacks being that extra damage. Since the effects of Mighty Rage seem to be mostly Constitution/Health focused, I think a Mighty Rage variant requiring Dexterity rather than Strength could be a nice option.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 05 2018, 16:12 PM 

Player

This is actually a very good suggestion, what might also be neat for dexterity based barbarians would be a damage focused rage feat since the ability scores required for dex 21/con 21 are pretty high and you would probably not be able to have epic dodge as a result.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]