View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 
Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 18 2017, 20:19 PM 

Player

The following items will be 'additions' to the epic loot bin. We won't take your juicy stuff, just expand and spice it up. To allow you to participate in forming parts of this server, we make a contest for you to submit creative names and bio's for these items. The only ones not up for this, are the "new" Iouns, as Sune (and Glim) already gave them names and bios.

Contest Rules
1. Do not use/copy canon artifacts.
2. While you can be creative/descriptive, try not to write novels for an item bio.
3. These items are supposed to go into the module and to be seen by everyone, please double and triple check your spelling and grammar.
4. Using Amia history is encouraged.
5. Please refrain from copying from movies/other games etc.
6. Only serious submissions please, do not troll this or you get a little forum break. No second warnings.

The items:

1. Misc items

- Enflamable weapon oil 2xday Flame weapon (17)
- Epic Pocket Watch 1x day haste (10) 1xday haste (5) 5x day (exp. retreat) Bio I think would be cool to relate to the "slightly malfunctioning" pocket watches, as in these being the original ones?
- re-add Yowlers eye but with 1xday Negative energy on top (we would like to keep the name here as it is part of Amia's history)

2. Rings
- +3 con ranger spellslot 2, 3, 4
- +2 cha paladin spellslot 2, 3, 4
- +3 con +2 regen
- +3 str + 1 unisaves +5 discipline
- +2 wis +1 regen +2 fort +2 reflex
- +3 dex +5 hide +5 MS

3. Helmets
+3 ability +1 regen +1 unisave, water breathing
One for each ability

4. Shields
- +5 AC, +2 Con, 5/- Pierce

- Change Elemental Targe to +5 AC 10/- Fire, Acid, Cold, Electricity
(Might keep the name and bio here unless someone has a grand idea!)

5. Gloves
- Epic Utility Gloves +15 Disable Trap +15 Set Trap +15 Open Lock 3x day Find Traps
- Epic Healing Gloves +30 Heal
- Epic Appraise Gloves +30 Appraise, +4 Intelligence
- Epic Lore Gloves +30 Lore, 2x day Greater Planar Binding
- Monk Gloves: +5 Enhancement, 2d6 Slashing, on hit Blindness 50% 2 Rounds DC 20, 1d6 Mass Crits, +2 wisdom, +5 Discipline

6. Weapons

Claws: (Kama) +5 Enhance, 1d8 pierce, keen, on hit blindness

Scimitar: +5 Enhance,, 1d4 sonic, 1d4 magical, keen, on hit hold

Longsword: +5 enhance, 2d4 acid, keen, on hit fear

Rapier: +5 enhance, 1d6 sneak, 1d4 pos, 1d4 neg energy, keen

Dagger: +5 enhance 1d3 fire 1d3 cold 1d3 acid 1d3 elec keen 1d3 mass crits

Dwarven Waraxe: +5 Enhance, 1d8 blunt, keen on hit Stun

Bastard Sword: +5 enhance, 2d6 neg energy, on hit level drain, keen

Short Sword: +5 enhance, 2d6 sneak, keen 1d4 magic

Greatsword: +5 Enhance, keen, 1d6 cold, 1d6 blunt, on hit confusion

Longbow: +5 AB +5 Might 1d10 Mass Crits Extra damage slash

Warhammer: +5 Enhance, keen, 1d8 pierce, on hit doom

Mace: +5 enhance, +6 enhance vs. undead, 1d10 pos energy vs. undead, 1d4 pierce, on hit slow

7. Armor
Change the mage for armor to +5 ac 32 SR and +2 uni saves
Might keep the name and bio here unless someone has a grand idea!

8. Boots
Add +5 AC +3 wisdom boots

9. Bracers
+5 AC, 5/- Slash, 5/- Pierce, 5/- blunt, +5/5 DR

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 18 2017, 22:13 PM 

Player

8. Boots

Sandals of the Sage's Saga

Long tread has been the journey of a man into old age, and the adage of walking a thousand miles in the shoes of another can grant you wisdom of a life-time. In this case, a long story of heroic achievement was wrought forth, and trudged by those whom have had to learn by trial and error. These shoes have sen a lot and carry with them some enchantment and experience of their own. Wearers of these shoes are often imparted with a sort of intuition beyond their own, almost as if these boots wish to yet continue their journey and impart their experience upon the wearers.

Add +5 AC +3 wisdom boots

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 0:05 AM 

Player

5. Gloves

The Master's Gift

The Crouching Lemur monastery is situated near Guldorand and is said to be the home of a powerful, legendary monk. Many have joined the monastary for a chance to meet and perhaps be trained by the master. It is said that incredibly powerful gloves were once produced by the master himself, using a secret method, to reward those who had been under his teaching and had shown the most potential. They were designed to have small sharp blades come around the knuckles area when making a fist, and were said to have chains with specially coated lemur hair at their ends that could severely harm their victim's eyes if they were swung right.

The master however regretted crafting these when he noticed several of his old pupils grew so much confidence in themselves after receiving their gift (knowing who had made the gloves and how they were made) that it influenced their young minds enough that they thought themselves invincible. It is unclear what have become of the pupils or of those gloves, but what you have here ressembles what is described in the stories. If they were the gloves of legend, this would be quite the rare find as gloves of that qualiber have not been since re-made and their fabrication method has been kept a secret by the old legendary monk who first created them.

- Monk Gloves: +5 Enhancement, 2d6 Slashing, on hit Blindness 50% 2 Rounds DC 20, 1d6 Mass Crits, +2 wisdom, +5 Discipline

Last edited by Mushidoz on Tue, Sep 19 2017, 2:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 0:35 AM 

Player

6: Weapons
The Spiders Blight

The Ultrinnan Vanguard lead by Commander Paz’kole was once a force to fear that shaped a lot of sinister warriors down in the tunnels of the Underdark. The Vanguard met their demise as the old city fell. There was although plenty of those who escaped or ended up being out on other duties as the city fell, giving these Drow ample opportunity to escape up to the surface. This sinister blade belonged once to one of the low ranking officers of the vanguard. The blade seems to have seen a lot of horrors and is drenched in history. If it could just speak it would tell the tale of the dark tunnels down there. Especially stories of torture and misery that this blade brought to those who was on the recieving end of its slow dropping acid and the fear the name of the blade brought to those who had observed what this blade had done to those who opposed the wearer.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Kudark

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 1:13 AM 

Player

2. Rings
+3 con ranger spellslot 2, 3, 4

Ring of the Prepared Ranger

Tired of hearing the rangers complaining about not having enough spells prepared, the exasperated druids of Oakmist Vale create a few of these rings each year, hoping to help keep the rangers alive a bit longer.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 1:45 AM 

Player

Epic Healing Gloves

Also known as the healing hands of Salandra or The First Duty, gloves such as these are said to have been created and used by the very first of Salandra's faithful after her martyrdom and ascension to divinity. They have only recently begun to resurface and while the truth of this origin is a matter of some debate, given how potent the gloves are and how they can seemingly bestow the most inept with the touch of a trained healer one might wonder if there isn't something to the legend after all.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 4:25 AM 

Tester

1. Misc items
- Enflamable weapon oil 2xday Flame weapon (17)
The "Neverending Oil" thing was kinda done with the Djinn already. Thought I'd tweak it slightly.

Wyrmshadow Reliquary
Misc Thin 84

In the Year of the Shield, the area once known as Stonehold was conquered by the Emberblaze family alongside the Dark Flight, a fell cabal of chromatic dragons. This newly renamed settlement of Wyrmhold would fight a fierce battle with Benwick, ultimately destroying it before being destroyed itself.

It is not known when these idols were made, nor whose remains they now hold. The spirit of that time, however, when dragons waged war over the Amian Isle, continues to rage on through its power. It will bestow the gift of purging fire to any weapon that would claim it.

- Epic Pocket Watch 1x day haste (10) 1xday haste (5) 5x day (exp. retreat)
Herald's Gift
Misc Small 126

Simple and smooth, this timepiece ticks along. Consisting only of a numbered metal loop and a series of crossing beams, one's mind boggles at how it might operate.

There is something familiar in this curious timepiece. You have seen it before. Or maybe it comes from a time yet to arrive. In the twinkling of a eye, one might see it in the reflecting metal. A huge figure in purple and gold armor, hourglasses and clocks embedded therein. And behind it, looming, a many-legged creature of shadow, not of this world or any other.

Perhaps time will tell. Perhaps time has already told.

Don't know much about the Yowler, I'll leave that alone.

2. Rings
A Bond Unbroken
Ring 79

In some circles of nature, a somber tradition prevails. At the passing of an agent, when their time has ultimately come, it is not uncommon that their animal companion should die with them out of supposed grief. To this end, many workers of the natural world have seen fit to burn both master and beast upon the funeral pyre, together.

From their ashes, a high druid then crafts a charm to be passed on to others within the circle. The bond between the two survives even in death, and their kinship empowers those who have followed in their footsteps.

Crusader's Band
Ring 98

Legend tells of an unnamed Justicar of Kholingen who, upon realizing a grave threat against the City of Paladins, sent a dozen of his most capable Defenders to face it. The tale again falls into murkiness, but its resolution in all retellings is bittersweet. While the foe was bested, all crusaders were lost to to their injuries. The most stalwart of the city's protectors, these twelve peers were commemorated in a ceremony that created one ring in memory of each. For a few decades, it became tradition that new rings would be forged at the passing of a Kholingen Defender, though the practice fell out of use some time before the group's second Founding. Even so, these rings can still be found in the far and treacherous reaches that brave templar once journeyed.

- +3 con +2 regen
Life's Burden
Ring 88

“This life is but a fickle thing,
To suffer all in all.
Survive the sword, the spear, the drake,
Yet to Old Age, you'll fall.

May you leave a beautiful corpse.”

So reads the inscription. Its creator must have had a sardonic sense of humor, for its bearer will find that it has become harder and harder still to die. One's hardiness is bolstered significantly and his wounds begin to heal with supernatural speed.

- +3 str + 1 unisaves +5 discipline
Nabessan Nail
Ring 100

It is written:

“Nabessa the Sword Saint sat in the presence of his men in camp, repairing his mail. To the ferrier he called: “Bring me the weakest of your links that I might mend my armor.” The blacksmith protested, fearing embarrassment in being judged by the worst of his work. He asked: “Sire, could not I bring you the finest of my links, that you can be sure that your mail shall hold?”

Nabessa plucked a nail from the post of a tent and bent it around his thumb. He looped it between two lengths of chain and held it up for all to see. As he pulled the lengths apart, he spoke: “A chain be only as strong as its weakest link. As a ring is to mail, so too is a man to an army. If the least of them might hold, it is assured that all shall hold.” The Saint then gathered more nails and bent them as rings for his men in camp, where merry was made until the morn.”

-Squire Omos of Kholingen, Year Unknown

- +2 wis +1 regen +2 fort +2 reflex
Alien Insight
Ring 60

Before the incursion of Duergar, the ruins of Udos Dro'xun were host to a Mindflayer enclave. In their time in the remnants of the Drow city, they begat a number of experiments that fly beyond the grasp of of most minds.

This piece of jewelry, however, offers insight. Whether it is truly a tool of the Illithids' own strange design or the perversion of a ring used by those who fought against them, none can be sure. What is certain is that the wearer gains a resiliency similar to a greenbound or pseudonatural creature and understanding into both natural and unnatural matters.

- +3 dex +5 hide +5 MS
Duskfetter
Ring 54

The tales of these rings inevitably lead back to the Shadow Plane, though there the trail runs cold. Most local explanations will center around Shadowscape, one of exceedingly few hospitable places in the realm.

Some have held that Grandmistress Luriko of the Three Steps Academy distributes them to students who show promise. Many have suggested they were crafted at the request of the Shadowbornes, thereby being Sharran in nature. Others still allude to strange and clandestine Shadow Magic, set apart from the dire connotations of the Dark Twin's web.

Twinkling like starlight, the jeweled bauble keeps its secrets, much like those who would wear it.

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 10:23 AM 

Player

If we're checking over the epic loot bin, may I suggest what DI suggested a while ago for our warforged/trueforged weaponry?

Dark Immolation - Wed, May 11 2016, 22:09 PM wrote:
I still support us replacing the Warforged and Trueforged weapons with a Wonderforged/Trueforged "Ore" item that can be crafted into whatever weapon you want. Cuts down on the admittedly dinky weapons getting dropped and bloating the lootbin, but also allows players to make whatever they need as they need it. No more holding onto epic maces and clubs on the offchance someone wants to be a WM in them. No more of certain weapons being unduly hard to find, because they're super popular mechanically. Everyone wins.

If you guys are adding new items into the mix, maybe it's worth taking a look at? E.g Large Ore, Medium Ore, Small Ore for the various sized weapons. I know i'm not the only one tired of lumping around an epic sickle, light flail etc.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 14:24 PM 

Player

It was me who volunteered the time, to spice up our now year old epic bin and who agreed to come up with the stats (already done) and actually create the items.

What you propose, is nice, but requires scripting and is beyond my ability. And frankly, I am spread all over all kind of jobs on Amia already, I am not even remotely interested in learning that either. :P

So unless someone else steps up to do it (though Mav is still knee deep in the new faction system) this cannot be done in a way that wouldn't involve a DM to be prodded with the ore and say "exchange to x please".

If one of our scripters is free some time, we can consider adding a large ore (for 2 handed), medium ore (1 handed) and enchanted wood (bow or crossbow) with a Master Smith NPC whom you click and select "process to 1. tueforged trident 2. Trueforged longsword...."

Alas, afraid this won't be in this overhaul, as the others have no capabilities free right now and I can't script.

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 14:29 PM 

Player

Fair enough, it's an idea for the future then.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 19 2017, 15:28 PM 

Player

Good news.

Mav said he will script it (after he finished the faction stuff) if I fish out all the item tags and ResRefs for him.

I shall do that tonight! (Mind, the faction stuff will still take him a little time first though!)

However, this is now on the list, and fairly high up on it too.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 20 2017, 2:53 AM 

Player

Just popping in to mention: Ranger and paladin slot gear are super nice and would very much add some love to a class with such a hard time gearing. I would avoid adding additional main caster slot gear because main casters are pretty powerful as it is but this stuff is a lot of fun to look at.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 20 2017, 6:48 AM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Good news.

Mav said he will script it (after he finished the faction stuff) if I fish out all the item tags and ResRefs for him.

I shall do that tonight! (Mind, the faction stuff will still take him a little time first though!)

However, this is now on the list, and fairly high up on it too.

That's fantastic!

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 20 2017, 7:35 AM 

Player

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:
Just popping in to mention: Ranger and paladin slot gear are super nice and would very much add some love to a class with such a hard time gearing. I would avoid adding additional main caster slot gear because main casters are pretty powerful as it is but this stuff is a lot of fun to look at.

Thank you, glad you like them. :) No, for now are no other "caster" rings planned, there are plenty of spellslot items for them IG already, however, very little for the two I made, hence why I felt they would make a nice addition!

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 19:17 PM 

Player

Updated Lore and Appraise Gloves, added Bracers

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 20:12 PM 

Player

Mace: +5 enhance, +6 enhance vs. undead, 1d10 pos energy vs. undead, 1d4 pierce, on hit slow

Superior Mace of Disruption

Designed by the churches of Lathander, Kelemvor, and many others who oppose the use and creation of undead. Maces of Disruption are the bane of necromancers everywhere. In many cases, the merest touch of the weapon is sufficient to destroy weaker undead, and even the strongest of them are struck by terror, at the idea of facing one of these weapons. The Superior Mace of Disruption remains the pinnacle of these weapons, crafted for those who specialize in the destruction of undead, and take their skills seriously.

// Yes, I stole the original description for the +5 maces, and I added to it, for this most excellent weapon!

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 20:40 PM 

Player

Fang of the Spider Queen

Every drow warrior in training strives to be considered worthy enough, to wield one of these scimitars. Prized by the elite weapon masters of the Melee-Magthere, few ever see the light of the surface world. Some say these blades even draw upon faezress for their power, and a groove down the length of the blade, makes a distinct noise that is said to stop some in their very tracks. If that is not quite enough, the razor sharp edge can slash through the toughest of hide armor.

Last edited by Kudark on Thu, Sep 21 2017, 20:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 20:42 PM 

Player

Dwarven waraxe of the Ram
This dwarven waraxe is a testimony of the expertise of the dwarves at weaponsmithing, designed originally for the elite guard at Sundabar to fend off the numerous invader forces that roams the silver marches. This double-edged axe show a sharp edge designed to cut through the enemy with ease, but the dwarven cratmanship doesn't end there as the other edge of the weapon is designed with a blunt part, perfect for slamming heavily armored enemies and its even capable of disabling the opponent for a time with a hit directly to the head.
Even if it's made by dwarves for dwarves, many other races appreciate the quality in this sort of weapons, so they can be found at high priced weapon markets or in the hands of renowned warriors.

// Edited to add some more "unique" flavour to these!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Last edited by Yimmi on Thu, Sep 21 2017, 21:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 21:01 PM 

Player

Dagger of Elemental Evil

Said to have been blessed by the demoness Zuggtmoy herself, for her favored elite force. Though the demoness' elite could not hold back the invasion of the Temple of Elemental Evil, and she was sealed beneath, there are still the rare sightings of these daggers that support the legend, told to this day.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 21:06 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
3. Helmets
+3 ability +1 regen +1 unisave, water breathing
One for each ability

Might/Agility/Vitality/Insight/Brilliance/Leadership of the Myart
Helms such as these have only recently begun to surface in the region, however they look ancient.
Relics of an old war, long forgotten and a time nearly lost, these powerful artifacts were likely worn by the champions or paragons of the people that created them.
While the original creators of these helms seem to remain unknown, they do bare an uncanny resemblance to the natives of the Mylock Hills.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
5. Gloves
- Epic Utility Gloves +15 Disable Trap +15 Set Trap +15 Open Lock 3x day Find Traps

The Sanctuary's Quagmire
Previously commonly found worn by the patrons of the old Sanctuary of Sin, and named thereafter, these gloves help their wearers slip past defenses and set ambushes for their foes. It is likely why they were rather popular in the days of the Sanctuary, when even getting down to the bar required navigating a myriad of traps and dangers, and dead patrons were a daily occurance.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
6. Weapons

Dreadblade
Years ago, blades like these could often be found in the clutches of Bane's faithful, or the faithful of other deities focused on spreading dread and discord.
This blade was made to leave a mark, horribly and acidically burning anyone it strikes and filling the air with the metallic scent of seared and melted flesh, along with the pained cries of their unfortunate target. These blades will not only kill their targets quickly and painfully, but anyone who survives their sting will know true terror and pain. As will any friends of theirs that happen to see the fate of their friend.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
6. Weapons

Fang of the Black Flag
Carrying the insignia of a now disbanded criminal organization previously based out of South Cordor, this dagger seems to have been designed specifically to locate and punch trough elemental weak spots on their target. Given their targets were often seasoned adventurers, this was usually a necessity as many often carry gear giving them resistances of one type or another.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
6. Weapons

Hand of the Black flag
Designed to be used while flanking an opponent and imbued with force to punch trough any defense, swords like these could often be found in the hands of the criminals of South Cordor. They proved especially useful when wielded by a large group swarming a very unfortunate adventurer or rich person.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
6. Weapons
9. Bracers
+5 AC, 5/- Slash, 5/- Pierce, 5/- blunt, +5/5 DR

Bracers of the Amian
These heavily enchanted bracers will help protect their owner from the rigors and hardships that are all too common on Amia. Supposedly originally crafted and distributed by a native of Cordor, the enchantments on these bracers mirror the spirit and endurance of the isles people. It alone will not see you trough a demonic invasion, but it just might make you crazy enough to try.

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 21:39 PM 

Player

Northman's Star

Imbued, and enhanced, by the forges of the frigid north lands, greatswords of this caliber were created for those who wish not the encumbrance of a shield, in battle. The extra thickness of the blade can bash so hard, that it literally confuses those struck by this massive weapon, and they have been known to wander the battlefield, unaware of the danger they are in. The dual edges have been carefully sharpened as well, making a rather formidable weapon, that can be a guide, to those who follow the bearer.

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 21:57 PM 

Player

Weaker Seeker

A bit of an amusing joke amongst the elves of Winya Ravana, and often called the female counterpart to the Seeking Longbow, these bows are in fact, no joke at all, and have the distinct ability to bypass certain resistances to physical damage. Oh how the elves love to debate which bow is better, but those that have the strength to even pull this one back, will brag of its superior power.

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 22:41 PM 

Player

Harlequin's Longsword

The sneaky little tricksters, and thieves (but don't call them that, they prefer Asset Relocators), of Brandobaris, that have plague... er, resided in Bendir Dale, call themselves Harlequins, and love to laugh... usually at the expense of others, because who wants to pay for embarrassment, when so many are just getting in line for it, and it is not their fault most 'tallers' don't get the sometimes harmless little, heh little, pranks they find themselves blindly walking into, and a sword like this is long enough to keep them at bay, if one has to resort to such measures, that is, and possibly get in a really good sneaky strike, especially since one of the many mages of the Dale, have given it a little, heh little again, bit of magical energy to get in that last laugh, and the blade is equal in sharpness to a true Harlequin's wit.

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 21 2017, 23:18 PM 

Player

Balanced Edge of Yin and Yang

"Black and White, Dark and Light, see me not, within your sight."

Extremely rare, the master smiths of Kara-Tur copied the design from weapons taken from fallen soldiers, of far away nations. The unusual weapons were carried by high ranking court assassins, and those that knew the meaning of the blade, and saw it drawn, usually did not live long enough to tell about it. Imbued with both forces of life, there is a balance to the blade that slips in, unnoticed, until it is too late.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 22 2017, 0:55 AM 

Tester

Purified Filth

Old warriors tell tales of two blades, one of cleansing song, the other of corrupting darkness. The two bastard swords found themselves in the possession of many a hero and villain, but over countless wars, numerous assassinations, and endless violence, they became lost along with the names of those who wielded them.

In the west of Amia, there once stood a gauntlet of eternal war waged between Celestials and Demons. In the final battle, it was said the blades Purity and Filth both reappeared for a short while. However, in the blinding flash that took the Bastion from this plane, they were gone yet again. Rising Sun cultists, worshipers of both heaven and hell, now claim the land as their own. They speak in dark whispers of what became of the legendary weapons:

"In vice, there is virtue. In damnation, there is rapture. And even in the most wretched filth, there is a purity which begs to be reclaimed."

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 22 2017, 3:13 AM 

Player

Please excuse any grammar errors as I had type this using my phone. Hope you are some ideas you like.
Misc
Name:The Wyrm Fury Gem
Bio: Long ago Wyrmhold was ruled by Drak’Law Emberblaze a powerful dragon blooded sorcerer. His greatest symbol of rule was the crown of embers. It was fashioned from black iron, molten obsidian and set with three dreadful rubies. The crown had many terrible powers and many have tried to replicate them. All have been failures save for the left ruby. Crafted from the crystalized blood of a elemental known as a salamander this organic gem ignites a weapon it is touched to in a furious blaze identical to the left side gem that was a part of the crown of embers.
(Enflamable weapon oil 2xday Flame weapon (17)

Name: The Tinkerers Treasure.
Bio: Before his descent into maddness and obsession with Golem craft the mad gnome inventor of the Skullcrags worked as a humble clocksmith. Much of early work came from trying to repair slightly malfunctioning pocket watchs they say he managed to repair a small number of them to former glory. This perfect and precise time price is one such watch. ( Pocket Watch 1x day haste (10) 1xday haste (5) 5x day (exp. retreat)

Rings
Name: Ring of the old bear
Bio: Long ago their was a tree of dreaming guarded by a grumbling old druid and his bear. As time went the old druid passed on leaving a lonely old bear. One day a young lady ranger came to the tree to pay her respects and seen the sad old bear. Moved by the bears sadness she forgot why she had come a comforted the bear. Much to her shock the bear thanked her and said “For giving and old bear some comfort in his last days I will ask the spirit bears to become rings that the rangers of the wood might gain some of our endurance magic” with that the old bear disappeared the first of these rings left in his place. (+3 con ranger spellslot 2, 3, 4)

Name: Benwick Signet Ring
Bio: The night of dragons turned the kingdom of Benwick to ash. In the years that followed little was found that survived the dragonfire however on rare occasion an old battered nobles Signet ring is found enchanted to aid crusading paladins with the time worn inscription “Trust in the light of Castle Benwick* (+2 cha paladin spellslot 2, 3, 4)

Name: Troll Queens Ring
Bio: Much of the north was once the domain of giants and trolls. It is said when the first men came to the Ostland, Cariagh and Wiltun regions that all was ruled by Grundisvarg the witch queen of trolls. Each of the locals islands claims one of its heroes slew her and while none can prove who did so powerful rune carved troll bone rings are often found that claim were crafted from the troll queens bones. (+3 con +2 regen)

Name: Ring of the steel spine
Bio: Once thier lived a cowardly orog wizard who lamented his weakness and lack of resolve. So he set out to fix this by cheating with magic as one does. After much hard work and magical study he killed a duergar and stole his magic ring. Over the years the ring was copied, improved upon and eventualy lost when the Orog had his neck broken by a bugbear in a tavern altercation. (+3 str + 1 unisaves +5 discipline)

Name: Wild Rovers ring of the road.
Bio: Before the founding of Bendir Dale Amians hin were a nomadic folk. One such band was a group of forest lovers called the Wild Rovers.A fun loving band of nomadic hin they traveled much of the isle before settling down into the Dale and putting the nomadic life behind them.However these powerful rings once crafted and sold by the family speak of thier adventures and skill. (+2 wis +1 regen +2 fort +2 reflex)

Name: Adavars Tryst
Bio: Recently a set of magic rings were discovered by Amian archeologists elven in origin they were sent to Winya but not before a few copies could be made. The rings seem to enhance stealth and bare an odd inscription in elven. “This is so the hired help won't see you sneaking into my room again Adavar. - Love you know who” (+3 dex +5 hide +5 M

3. Helmets
Names:
Bio all: seeing the success of animal themed magical helms a merchant decided to look into the history of such magic and found its origins lay in long ago Amia island with a cult of aquatic nature worshipers. Though unable to find any of the fabled helmets of the sea each bares powerful underwater enchantments a likeness to certain sea life and baring a unique inscription.

Giant Squids Crown +Str
Bio: Crushed in mighty coils.

Whale Sharks Helmet +Con
Bio: Gentle can be the giant

Flying Fish Head Band +Dex
Bio: Dance where you have no limits.

Octopuses Cowl +Int
Bio: Very cunning my eightfold friend.

Eels Circlet +Wis
Bio: The wise is a patient hunter.

Angler Fish Tiara +Cha
Bio: Such a pretty lure hides such sharp fangs.

(+3 ability +1 regen +1 unisave, water breathing
One for each ability)

4. Shields
Name: The Last Defence
Bio: All seemed lost the dark day that the island Zanshibon was absorbed into the abyss. Many lamented the great evil that had happened. One however who had once called the island home and had been selling his wares when it was lost found new focus and drive as a craftsman. They say he forged many shields and sets of armor so the agents of the abyss could be made to pay. His last shield made days before his death, his last defence is potent peice of protection indeed. (+5 AC, +2 Con, 5/- Pierce)

5. Gloves
Name: The nimble nights fingers
Bio: Amia has had its share of famous thives, rogues and neerdowells. One such scoflaw was a rakish knaive from a bad neighborhood in water deep nicknamed the Nimble Night. A thief who stole for the thrill of it he often pitted his talents against dragons, fiends, kings, tyrents and celestial alike. On his death bed he made a vow to rob immortality from Myrkul and to exhumed his grave in a years time. When this was done no body was found only a set of magical gloves containing the finest tools of his trade in tiny invisible dimensional pockets.
(Epic Utility Gloves +15 Disable Trap +15 Set Trap +15 Open Lock 3x day Find Traps)

Name: The Saints funeral wraps.
Bio: It is known that there is a healthy trade in the bones, parts and odds and ends belonging to saints and gods.It is also known that many are scams. At the height of Salandras popularity a sorcerer and known con artist halfling named Saira Silvenhart was making a rider buisness with her husband selling fake relics. One fateful night bugbears attacked her wagon and left her husband and children for dead. She pleaded with what ever gods would hear her promising she would repent of they actually made her phoney relics work. Suddenly the fake funneral wraps started to glow and gave her the knowledge she needed. She has since sworn off a life of crime and only sells legitimate healing supplies. It is said all of the fake saintly wraps she once peddeled were blessed with a healers boon and while rare may be found to this day. (- Epic Healing Gloves +30 Heal )

Name: The gilded gloves of the magnificent merchant
Bio: A set of extravagant gloves some say first made to allow a mere human to compete with a well known Djinn merchant. Though exceeding difficult to make and expensive the magic of the gloves can turn even a goblin into a shrewd merchant.(- Epic Appraise Gloves +30 Appraise, +4 Intelligence)

Name: Last hope of the Library
Bio:When the great library came under threat of a knowledge eating ooze a secret cabal of clerics and wizards vowed to preserve knowledge at any cost. To that end no small amount of magic was used to craft a strange set of gloves. Able to tap into a mysterious place called the akashic memory a skilled lore master could conjure phantasmal tomes and search untapped wells of knowledge and even bind other worldly beings to seek knowledge from them.
(- Epic Lore Gloves +30 Lore, 2x day Greater Planar Binding)

Name: The Corbies Cunning Claws
Bio: Doom! Doom! Is often all one hears before a pack of Dire Corbies attack in the underdark. Few survive the brutal onslaught of the bird men. One such survivor however was half elven mage named Marikos who had was so traumatised he could never adventure again. However he could still arm others and have his adventures through them. When he heard the Dire Corby nest that had killed his friends and broken him yet lived he hired a band of brave heroes to put the demon worshiping bird men to the sword. Of the six who went down one returned but unlike Marikos the bold martial artist and his group had put an end to the Dire Corbies. Marikos spent his riches on granting the families of the dead an easy life and crafting a set of gloves made from the talons of the half-demon Dire Corby king.
(- Monk Gloves: +5 Enhancement, 2d6 Slashing, on hit Blindness 50% 2 Rounds DC 20, 1d6 Mass Crits, +2 wisdom, +5 Discipline)

6. Weapons
Name: Iron Tigers Talons
Bio:Urzgloth Ullthok was a half orc female raised in the brutal tribe of Many Arrows. Little more then a slave she escaped only to become lost in the spine of the world. Starving and freezing to death she found the legendary Black Raven Monestary. There he was taught how to find peace of mind and given the name of Iron Tigeress. Developing a much more aggressive varient of the Black Raven style she crafted a set of fighting claws in honour of her new name. While she owned many such claws only the best still carry her name. (Claws: (Kama) +5 Enhance, 1d8 pierce, keen, on hit blindness

Name: Wailing Wind
Bio: The cry of the banshee is a nightmare to most. However to at least one bardic palemaster from Tarkull it was beauty. He laboured day and night trying to mimic that dreadful keening but every sword was a failure. They could scream, they could howl but none were perfect. Driven mad by his own failure he cast the wailing swords to the sea and feel into a deep and profound melancholy that lingers to this day. (Scimitar: +5 Enhance,, 1d4 sonic, 1d4 magical, keen, on hit hold

Name: Myrks Lament
Bio: When the dark flight terrorized Amia the Black Dragoness Myrk was among them. Wicked and vile she was the epitome for her kind and terrorised the swamplands. It was said one day she came upon a lone bard and joking said if he could make her shed a tear he could pass with his life. The bard agreed and whispered to her a poem that is said to have been so soul crushing it can never be spoke outloud. A single tear fell from the dragons eye upon the bards sword and he named it Myrks Lament mere moments before the treacherous black dragon killed him for making her sad. After a Myrks slaying it is said the sword and others near it in her lair absorbed some of the acid, magic and fear inherent to the great wyrm black Dragoness. (Longsword: +5 enhance, 2d4 acid, keen, on hit fear

Name: Edge of Dusk/Dawn Bio: Dueling is beloved sport for the nobles of the fey courts. The rebels of the now dead twight court were no exception. Powerful dueling blades were made for its best swordsman by otherworldly smiths. However when the court mysteriously disappeared many of its swords finest blades suddenly found themselves ownerless. (Rapier: +5 enhance, 1d6 sneak, 1d4 pos, 1d4 neg energy, keen

Name: Blackmoors Spite Bio: Hell hath no fury like a druid scorned. In ages past on a small island a cabal of peaceful druids were culled by a hateful lord named Blackmoor. They say a an apprentice druidess survived because Blackmoor fancied the girl. Forced to be his slave she used her magic in secret and devoted herself to vengence. She created a set of daggers one for Blackmoor and each of his vile heirs. Daggers imbued with nature's rage and her spite. The fate of druidess saddly has been lost along with her name but her daggers remain each one with the faded words “For Blackmoor” on the blade. (Dagger: +5 enhance 1d3 fire 1d3 cold 1d3 acid 1d3 elec keen 1d3 mass crits

Name: Battle Ragers Best
Bio: Some weapons were forged by heroes on noble quests. This axe not so much. It was a cold winter night in the drinking halls of the dwarf folk. Much was the drinking and boasting when the king proclaimed and dwarf that could slay a frost giant jarl and all of his huskarls single handedly while drunk would have a weapon fit for a king made for them. The first and only dwarf to speak was Khulrak Redaxe a battle rager who was said the now famous phrase “hold my tankard and watch this” the drunken dwarven nobles followed Khulrak to a well known frost giant encampment and watched from a distance as the mad dwarf charged into battle. The fight was bloody and frenzied and when dawn broke all the giants lay dead as did Khulrak though the battle rager died with a grin. A dwarf of his word the king had his Smith's forge this axe from Khulraks spiked helmet. It is said that it gave the axe the power to strike with a drunken frenzied battle ragers headbutt. (Dwarven Waraxe: +5 Enhance, 1d8 blunt, keen on hit Stun

Name: Kinslayers Sorrow
Bio: Little is known of the now dead vampire lord known as Huskarl Grimvaldt Kravenson known once as Lord Kraven of the Manor. Some say he was the youngest son of a powerful jarl and he commited crimes so vile and honourless Tempus cursed him with undeath. Some say every sword he once owned was touched by his curse and is marked with ten tiny blood red teardrop shaped gems and the name Kinslayer upon its blade. If this is one such sword or a forgery is unknown but death is indeed woven into the steel of this blade. (Bastard Sword: +5 enhance, 2d6 neg energy, on hit level drain, keen

Name: Bane of Blood
Bio: The killing of powerful people is a fine art to some. Fine arts require fine tools. The first sword of this style was made by a Lusken duelest who made her living killing lesser swordsman over matters of gold. She and her magical sword disappeared after she bragged that not even a god could best her. (Short Sword: +5 enhance, 2d6 sneak, keen 1d4 magic

Name: Caress of the Blizzard
Bio: Crafted from magical ice, bathed in heart blood of a white wyrm and sharpened on frost giants bones this weapon is a blizzard made steel. It is said it's crafter was an elf from a forgotten northern tribe, others say it was the dueling sword of a fey noble, yet others say a Uthgardt warrior woman made the blade to hunt a fiery monster that visited ruin on her tribe, of its exact origins none know. What is sure is the sword strikes with hateful ice and skull cracking hail stone,leaving the unlucky bewildered as if lost in a storm. (Greatsword: +5 Enhance, keen, 1d6 cold, 1d6 blunt, on hit confusion

Name: Hunters Hand
Bio: Long ago a hunter from the north lost thier family to the wicked white Dragon Sleet. The bereved hunter swore an oath of vengence and embarked on a life long quest to hunt the great wyrm. Saddly his tale ended in the dragons lair but in the Ivey grasp of a frozen corpse was found the first of this type of bow. To this day every copy of the bow bares the finger marks of the hunters cold death grip. (Longbow: +5 AB +5 Might 1d10 Mass Crits Extra damage slash

Name: Iron Grudge of the Halls
Bio:The first Iron Grudge was crafted they say in far away Mithril Hall as a gift for none other then king Battlehammer himself. The hammer is said to bring woe and doom to any for it strikes. The only reason this hammer is not in king Battlehammer possession is that he is quoted with having said “My axe works just fine! Now bugger off an give the hammer to someone that needs it!”.
(Warhammer: +5 Enhance, keen, 1d8 pierce, on hit doom

Name: The Manor House Door Knocker
Bio: Once there was a haunted manor near the holy city of Amia. Many were the tales of its evils and undead haunts. One such tale is of a young fighter who lost her party to a horde of ghouls and soon found herself disarmed. Desperate for a weapon she ripped a massive gothic door knocker off a door and used it as a brutal blunt weapon. The ghouls slain she decided to bless the door knocker and craft others like it. (Mace: +5 enhance, +6 enhance vs. undead, 1d10 pos energy vs. undead, 1d4 pierce, on hit slow.

8. Boots
Name: The old adventurers steps.
Bio: It was that long ago adventurer once lived in the City of Cordor. He had lived through much of the cities troubles and trails but always he worked hard for a better tomorrow. However when anti adventurer sentiment swept through the city the old man found himself unwelcome in the city he loved. He left telling his children and friends he had one last adventure left and walked away from Cordor one clear summer night. The next summer the old man's boots were found and nothing else and even stranger copies of the magical boots have been found where ever high adventure calls. (Add +5 AC +3 wisdom boots)

9. Bracers
Name:Wonderful Bracers of Deft Defence
Bio: It is debated who crafted the first set of these powerful bracers. Nearly every race and nation that appreciates strength and beauty has a story of its own regarding them. What is known is they a sublime work of protective art. The exterior is always precious metal and adorned with art and gems that magicly change to suit the users tastes in such things the inner part of the bracers is rune etched adamantine reinforced mithril plating. Allowing for beauty and heavy protection at all times.
(+5 AC, 5/- Slash, 5/- Pierce, 5/- blunt, +5/5 DR) not

Kudark

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 22 2017, 3:17 AM 

Player

Claws: (Kama) +5 Enhance, 1d8 pierce, keen, on hit blindness

Claws of the Tyrant Queen

Once owned by a renowned Great Druid of the Amian Isle, known to favor felines. These "claws" are made from the teeth of some vicious Chultan carnivore, they protrude out from the hand at a wicked length, and are yellowed from the blood of untold conquests. If you piss off a cat, it goes right for your face, every time, with blinding speed.

Cracked Red Eye Orb

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 22 2017, 17:25 PM 

Player

What about a weapon with just straight-up +6?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 22 2017, 17:31 PM 

Player

Nope, no +6 enhancement in the game.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 23 2017, 15:05 PM 

Player

3. Helmets

Helmet of "Head Borrowing"

The Underdark is dangerous, and it is very easy to get lost within it. The knowledge required to navigate this environment is not something that is quickly acquired, nor does it make it a walk in the park when such is the case as the various creatures that inhabit the region are usually incredibly deadly. An accident during an experiment on illithids performed in the Living City of Tarkuul made it possible for its creator to produce a weak and limited (thus unnoticeable) one-way gateway access to an Elder Brain's mind (of an undisclosed location). When worn, all sorts of information and knowledge pulse through its wearer's intellect, even sometimes including the current location of some illithids. The planning of an offensive on an illithid-filled region combined with the knowledge acquired from that experiment has given life to these ingenious helmets. Underwater breathing helmets have been used as the core for their creation for the purpose of looting the remains of the now flooded Underport and in case the "explorers" came across flooded passages or bodies of water.

+3 intelligence +1 regen +1 unisave, water breathing

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 20:06 PM 

Player

6. Weapons

Name: Scalerot

Wrymfall is a yearly commemorative festival held in Kohlingen to celebrate brave accomplishments against the prophesised Darkflight of Tiamat. During the annual Kohlingen Wyrmfall Celebration of 1383, festivities experienced interruptions from beastmen raiders under command of the late beastman king Grushnagth, the Red Claw. Pilfered from the rightful hands of a righteous Silver Dragon Knight, now the sword is a perversion mired with vile toxins brewed in the putrid beastman pits.

Fymor Trueshot

Mengala

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 28 2017, 10:26 AM 

Player

Circlet of the Forest Guardian

The bronze ring conceals itself to the surrounds as it blends naturally with the earth and fauna. Rings of this variety were said to be produced by Winyan mages and presented to the Rangers of the lands always vigilant to ward against a drow invasion or worse yet, a return of Terzaroch’s army.

Kohlingen Band

The golden band has been produced in antiquity and dispersed through the regions as tokens of good will to honorable men. Many of these heirlooms found their way to Amia due to the presence of the Triadic Knights at Kohlingen and the notable presence of Paladins. Thus the namesake, “Kohlingen Band”.

- +3 con +2 regen

The Hearty Coil

This strong iron band withstands the tests of time. The source of the regenerative property has yet to be determined, however, speculation lies in the origins of the first followers of Salandra who journeyed to Amia.

Stealthy Band
- +3 dex +5 hide +5 MS

The slender onyx band, fashioned after one of the many concentric circles where shadow dancers mastered the dance in Daggerscape. Many of the rings subsequently found their way to Shadowscape and points elsewhere, but the location of the majority of them have yet to be discovered.

Scimitar of Restraint
The workings of this curved blade hint of the desert heritage. From the hilt fashioned from the hide of a dessert rider to the characteristic Eastern style curve. One can only hope his or her target stops moving when attacked and alas, this blade makes that happen.

Longsword of Panic
Besides the obvious acid dripping from the blade, this longsword is made from one purpose, fear. The mere sight of it is disconcerting, but the bite can send shivers down your spine.

The Foil of Precision
The thin blade effortlessly strikes when least expected by its target. A blink of an eye or turn of one’s back is never a good strategy, and this blade finds every opportunity to find those openings.

Elemental Knife
“Variety is the spice of life” was truly on the mind of the creator. The miraculous weapon deals not one, not two, not three but four different elements of damage to maximize the chances of finding a weakness.

Axe of the Dwarven Halls
The broad blade set upon an oak shaft hits with such force it can knock the sense out of its target. Like a good strong ale in the barracks, no dwarf in their right mind would be caught in the shield wall without one.

Hand-and-a-Half Sword of Woe
The blade is made of children’s nightmares and necromantic inspiration that only those in Tarkuul could appreciate. Devoted to sapping the life from its victim, the sword is truly a bastard in one’s hand.

Short Sword of the Sudden Strike
The short sword is so fast and so swift that it strikes in a blink of an eye. Rumored to be bathed with potions of clairvoyance to permit the wielder to see the perfect moment to strike, the small blade does more than its share of damage in a fight.

Two-Hander of Babble
Said to be forged in the Brogendenstein mountains, this blade’s sheer mass can rattle ones brain. One strike from this blade is like being run over by the Ox cart from Cordor to Bendir. The blade carries the punch of a frost giant and the chill of a winter wolf as well.

Ironwood Bow
Upon drawing the arrow to the cheek, the wielder can find its flex to be significantly stiffer than others. However, the grip provides a clear sight to the target giving it amazing accuracy. Said to be created in Elven realms for their champions, this bow will bring down its prey in swift fashion.

Mallet of Despair
Warhammer: +5 Enhance, keen, 1d8 pierce, on hit doom
The hammer was most likely designed after a cook’s tenderizer hammer, with a jagged surface for softening the sturdiest of meat. The sound of breaking bone and tear of flesh can leave its victim wondering if they’ll survive.

The Holy Scepter of Lethargy
Mace: +5 enhance, +6 enhance vs. undead, 1d10 pos energy vs. undead, 1d4 pierce, on hit slow An undead hunter’s dream come true, this mace brings eternal peace to the walking dead. Dealing a blow of positive energy will have its target slowed to a zombie’s pace. What cleric in his right mind would be caught dead without one?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 04 2017, 17:15 PM 

Player

Submissions are closed at this point.

Sorting through now and picking and filling in if we do not have any fitting for something.

Along with Mav needing to script the "generic" weapon thing, I hope we can get this in end of the month!

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 04 2017, 17:41 PM 

Player

Good luck and thanks for that!

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 9:07 AM 

Player

Alright.

I spent quite some time now making these items. They should go in soon, I am sending the item files to Sune today.

I want to thank everyone who participated here again for helping to come up with some nice bios that hopefully all enjoy and some share a bit of Amian history.

Some additional things:

1. As I know people always fancy the "yellow" loot, I have all the new epic loot a fancy color tag too. However, I did stick to a subtle color, so one does not tire/get annoyed by it, hopefully. I had someone with color-blindness proof, check them, and the color was still readable for him (also thanks for that!)

2. We now have 2 types of shields in, the elemental shields which I overworked slightly, and the new Last Defence shields.
In order to make the large and small shields (hopefully) slightly more appealing and a bit less shunned as "junk", all large shields get a bonus of 80% of weight and all small shields get -5% ASF (so as an endresult they have no arcane spell failure)

3. The Kama only drops as right (main) hand weapon. However, we add a left (offhand) version to the palette. Those can be exchanged then with any DM if someone happens to have 2 main hand and rather dual the claws with a main and off hand.

4. As Maverick is moving, we could not have the NPC for the exchange of the ores for True-/Sure- and Warforged weapons scripted yet! However, we do not want to modify the lootbin yet again in 2 weeks or so. So we already change those weapons for the ores. You can just hold on to to the ores until the NPC goes in. Alternatively we will put a temporary chest in the DM only area with all those weapons in and if you need a weapon immediately, you can ask any DM online for an exchange. Please only do so on Server A. As this is only a temporary thing, we will only place this temporary chest on one server.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 10 2017, 15:57 PM 

Player

While I don't play here much anymore other than logging in for the occasional shitpost I'd love to say that any time the lootbin gets updated it offers a lot of interesting new options for new and returning players and is definitely encouraging to see. Crowd sourcing it is an even better idea. Good stuff, great effort and great initiative.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]