View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Interest in Drow RP/Faction?
Poll ended at Sat, Oct 28 2017, 21:00 PM
Yes, I would be interested in drow RP as a drow. 32%  32%  [ 14 ]
Yes, I would be interested in drow RP as a slave. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I would be interested in drow RP as something else. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
No, I wouldn't be interested because I don't know drow lore. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
No, I wouldn't be interested because I find them uninteresting. 25%  25%  [ 11 ]
No, I am simply too busy to be joining in on another faction. 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 44
HellOnTheSurface69

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 21:00 PM 

Player

Hi! I'm HellOnTheSurface in-game, might know me from Lorin Stonegate or as Gladamuk, and I want to know if there's any current interest in a bit of a revival for the drow factions and RP centers. This won't interfere with Stonegate RP, if you're involved in that, that is something completely different and I won't be abandoning that any time soon.

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 22:59 PM 

Player

I have and would be interested in Drow RP. I have had several attempts over the years, one has been fun, one has been not so fun, and another petered out due to lack of activity. I have quite the interest in their culture and outlook. However... I will say that if I join in It would be a character I play infrequently, as my priority is, and always has been the Dwarves. Whilst I manage to get in a little bit of Alt time, my Alt is somewhat innocuous and doesn't really have any plans or goals which would detrimentally affect the Dwarves or be demanding enough on my RP time that I can't just abandon him in favour of the Dorfking. A Drow alt would have to follow the same rules if I were to play one.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 13:52 PM 

Player

Get some fun evil stuff going and it'll give me a reason to play my Orog :wink:

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 18:43 PM 

Player

Three or four players get together to play in X isolated faction / group.

A dm gives attention to the group of isolated characters.

Because attention is given, because other non-isolated players end up with fewer people to RP with, they create side characters to join the isolated faction.

Because more side characters have been created to join isolated faction X, even more side characters end up being created by the remaining players because they don't want to be alone.

Meanwhile, those who play one and only one character, end up being on their own completely, thus deciding not to log onto Amia anymore.

A month or two later, faction X, made almost entirely of side characters, starts to lose players. Another isolated faction is created, or it becomes hype to play somewhere, thus leading to the creation of side characters and the emptying of faction X.

When the smoke settles, players of one character and one character only -sometimes- come back.. while others don't.

Net gain and impact of that faction on the server?
* Loss of players who got bored being on their own and didn't want to create side characters.
* A bunch of side characters that Disco will have to remove eventually to free up space.

------

I voted "No, I am not interested", and I cannot stress this enough that we do not need more evil factions and characters with the number of remaining players we have. That is coming from someone who has historically been heavy on the evil character preferences.. but NWN and Amia is not at a point in its history where it benefits from having evil factions. That is a sad realization, one that pains me (because I love evil in normal circumstances), but the sooner we get that, the faster we stablize the server's population.

P.S. That is not an hypothetical scenario, as I have personally left Amia and seen people do so for that very same reason before (I came back).

Last edited by Mushidoz on Sun, Oct 22 2017, 18:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Phantomahawk

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 18:57 PM 

Player

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Mushidoz. I have seen the idea of a Drow-Rekindling be proposed several times over my time on Amia, and the sad truth is that it never lasts. Plenty of people get involved with the Underdark drow at it's initial idea spark, and usually within a month or two, the faction dies off and becomes one or two people who wander the caverns on their own wishing they could join all the surfacers in roleplay without losing their eyesight, or wanting to sacrifice them all.

I would absolutely love for underdark drow to start being a regular faction again, but with the playerbase as it is, I don't see it happening anytime soon, and that makes my drow-at-heart self very sad.

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 20:05 PM 

Player

There is nothing wrong with alts, which is interesting for me to say because when i can be bothered to play i almost exclusively play one char. But that aside, if making a drow(Or underdark) faction is a thing you would like to do, go for it. If a DM wants to do some kinda underdark event, that's great! Lets all dust off our underdark chars and enjoy said DMs story while it lasts, then move on to other stories, or back to our beloved mains.

I believe Mahtan was on the other day, and scooped up the new faction area of Ultrinnan. Could be exciting times!

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 20:16 PM 

Player

Let's not guilt people who want to try new things, or rehash older characters in new scenarios. Its no one's responsibility to play things in accordance to a "standard" besides those that fall within the server's rules, of course. It's also not really for them to feel bad that some people only want to play one character who won't join whatever flavor of the month is going on for however much it's going to be worth.

People will do as they do.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 20:27 PM 

Player

I would suggesting it not be a pure drow thing though, rather an underdark group. Some people would rather play an evil dwarf, or whatever else, then a sissy evil elf. :D

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 21:22 PM 

Player

I'd be interested in doing one! Drow is a race I've never tried and I'll gladly try one if there is a group to play with. It could also spark the UD a lot :D!

Mushidoz wrote:
Usual stuff

Mushidoz, play and let others play how they like, please stop trying to manage how others play. Saying that you liked to play evil characters in the past doesn't make it more valid.

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Raua

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 21:50 PM 

Player

I don't really see an option that I'd like to put! :P

Drow aren't really my cup of tea to play, but I like eviscerating interacting with them and would love to see more of them about!

I want everyone to play what they find fun!

And get some use out of my faction areas that I slave over WEEPING INTO MY TOOLSET for hours to create f-

....I uh.. Mean... *Ahem*

That I pour lots of tender love and care into.

Y'all have fun, I'd love to see people develop more Underdark-themed RP!

And I look forward to taking a stab at Underdark themed projects in the future! >.>

ZoltanTheRed

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 22:03 PM 

Player

Evil can work and is working right now. It's surprising how many evil PCs are walking around at the moment, and even more surprising that I've managed to get quite a bit of RP out of them. As a player to my fellow players: Please, let's leave the discussion about the validity or lack thereof of evil PCs out of this thread so people who want to discuss playing a drow can...discuss playing a drow.

Mushidoz wrote:
Net gain and impact of that faction on the server?
* Loss of players who got bored being on their own and didn't want to create side characters.
* A bunch of side characters that Disco will have to remove eventually to free up space. 1

This is an incorrect statement. This is not why that happened, previously: Disco only removed PCs that were under a certain filesize from player's vaults as a means to get rid of the vast number of unplayed, unused, very low-level characters just sitting around in everyone's vaults. Level 2 or 3 PCs...like really, really low-level PCs. To others: It is extremely unlikely that your alts will ever be deleted out of the blue unless it was by some serious mistake.

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 22 2017, 22:14 PM 

Player

I've read up on drow lore, though it's been ages since I've been a drow PC. I was considering making one, but alas, can usually only play in the worst hours of the day so odds are no one would ever notice my lonely drow. :lol:

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

RaveN

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 17:40 PM 

Administrative Developer

Drow can definitely be quite rewarding to play/RP on Amia! Even if it's temporary, literally everything in life is. Good luck with it. :mrgreen:

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 18:01 PM 

Player

I think Drow are a pretty cool concept, sadly, I'm not sure I fit into the right time zones.

(Of course, I also find the rules on playing Drow a bit strange, where it pretty much requires a request, but I'm always a bit weird with rules, so ignore me)

That said, I find Drow fascinating, and I might hop onto this, if this were to take off...

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 18:31 PM 

Player

Xenos wrote:
I would suggesting it not be a pure drow thing though, rather an underdark group. Some people would rather play an evil dwarf, or whatever else, then a sissy evil elf. :D

I would not be in on it I think, if it's not mainly a Drow thing. But that is just my view point. I love the racial conflict and being a pure being of hatred and vengeance. :x :mrgreen:

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

waswar

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 22:23 PM 

Player

I would be interested in this faction, if it could be assembled.

Though, to be fair, I don't know if I could be assed to level for it.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:45 AM 

Player

I have started a new Drow, less extremist in the Lolthite field, open to Underdark Races and the like. I will mainly be trying to gather people on Thursdays. It will be one day we can just build a story, like a show we can all look forward to. Forum RP and posts of course can be all week long.

Fenguard

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:30 AM 

Player

I might not be interested is playing an evil Drow but I'd sure as hell love to see them around again, or any Evil Underdarker faction for that matter. Good luck with it, you have my support. <3
My soon-to-be new Tiefling could certainly poke around a little. She won't be necessarily Evil but she could be incredibly opportunistic.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:34 AM 

Player

Even people about willing to take part in the presence of the RP is great to have and greatly needed. At this point, I feel the playerbase is too small to have the normal many houses and drama of drow politics and we need more of an open field where we take our roles and put on a great show for the rest.

Fenguard

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 5:15 AM 

Player

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
Even people about willing to take part in the presence of the RP is great to have and greatly needed. At this point, I feel the playerbase is too small to have the normal many houses and drama of drow politics and we need more of an open field where we take our roles and put on a great show for the rest.

A small group doing fun RP and showing that Evil can still be done & fun on Amia hopefully will attract more for it, those that might found other houses, maybe even entice some players to return to the server for it entirely, and if not a single house doing business and messing with the surface still has some great potential.
Shirk off the nay sayers! Better to try and fail than not try at all! Just have some fun.~ :D

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 6:37 AM 

Player

I have several drow and I often look for folks to play with but end up putting them aside when folks disappear.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Xenos

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 04 2017, 16:54 PM 

Player

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
I have started a new Drow, less extremist in the Lolthite field, open to Underdark Races and the like. I will mainly be trying to gather people on Thursdays. It will be one day we can just build a story, like a show we can all look forward to. Forum RP and posts of course can be all week long.

What time? I expect Sammy and I can drag ourselves out of bed by noon, for you.

waswar

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 04 2017, 17:03 PM 

Player

I like all the pompous people attempting to dictate roleplay, "You cannot play that, we're too divided already!" Meanwhile, the appeal of such a group may draw certain player sin, players that would play in the Drow faction but not in the others.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 04 2017, 17:45 PM 

DM

waswar wrote:
I like all the pompous people attempting to dictate roleplay, "You cannot play that, we're too divided already!"

Two people, two weeks ago (and not since), shared their opinion about why they thought it would run the playerbase too thin, and explained why.

Please stop, waswar. Literally no one has been saying "You cannot play that." There's no need for comments like this.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 04 2017, 18:09 PM 

Player

Keep it civil folks.

Saying an opinion is not "dictating RP" it is merely voicing an opinion. As Jes already said.

waswar

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 05 2017, 16:49 PM 

Player

Regardless, they were stating their objection to the idea of other people doing it. The irony is, there is a possibility that there are people who would play Drow, but are less interested in the other concepts. Are people playing an "isolated" faction really worse than people playing nothing at all?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 05 2017, 17:32 PM 

Player

No and noone said they are. So stop griping, please.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 05 2017, 17:40 PM 

Player

Well, there are people saying that playing an "isolated" faction actively kills the server, so in a way, they are...

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 05 2017, 17:46 PM 

Player

Their opinion is their opinion.

You can state a differnt opinion.

Or maybe you can just all get back to the topic and post if you are interested i joining.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 05 2017, 18:21 PM 

Player

Feel free to nudge me with general UD stuff or see the UD initiatives thread.

HellOnTheSurface69

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 06 2017, 2:22 AM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
(Stuff, stuff, stuff, and more stuff.)
I voted "No, I am not interested", and I cannot stress this enough that we do not need more evil factions and characters with the number of remaining players we have. That is coming from someone who has historically been heavy on the evil character preferences.. but NWN and Amia is not at a point in its history where it benefits from having evil factions. That is a sad realization, one that pains me (because I love evil in normal circumstances), but the sooner we get that, the faster we stablize the server's population.

P.S. That is not an hypothetical scenario, as I have personally left Amia and seen people do so for that very same reason before (I came back).

I appreciate your feedback, but I have to disagree pretty heavily with you, and agree with the people after you. I think evil is needed now, more than ever, or else I wouldn't bother asking, and for me, I think drow are a great way to start. Furthermore, who's to say having an evil faction would harm the status of the server? If nothing else, antagonists would benefit the server in its current state.

Now that I've let this dust settle, it's time to sweep it up and throw it in the trash.

Bad analogy? Okay. Sorry.

But, I'll be making a drow and pushing drow initiatives for all that fun drow RP and surface raids and INFIDEL SMITING.

Send me PMs if you have interest! I'll accept most Underdark (and even some non-Underdark) creatures for that stuff!

HellOnTheSurface69

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 06 2017, 17:26 PM 

Player

https://discord.gg/zNJgG32
This is for the faction so we can all get together more easily.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 15 2017, 23:29 PM 

Player

__

Last edited by vhunelar on Wed, Nov 29 2017, 21:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:42 AM 

Player

I'd be interested in this project but not as a pansy Elf!

No I'd be more interested in playing some sort of mercenary enforcer in service to a pansy Elf.

Perhaps even to go so far as a monster request character.

So if anyone is interested in coming to an arrangement pm me

P. S. Will this be a proper lore based matriarchal pansy Elf tribe or some modern new fangled Marxist pansy Elf tribe (I.E. Male dominated)?

Personally I'd prefer to keep it lore based and matriarchal.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 17:55 PM 

Player

__

Last edited by vhunelar on Wed, Nov 29 2017, 21:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

waswar

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 18:19 PM 

Player

I actually forgot that I had a Drow Necromancer in which I could participate in this, in which I’ll try to jump in when I can.

Carvelan

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 19:27 PM 

Player

Depending on what time everyone is playing on I might have two characters that could fit in. One is an orog mercenary and the other is a lolth cleric. But my playtime is limited to European day time Monday to Friday so if no one is available at that time I'll have to sit this one out sadly.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 20:02 PM 

Player

I play Wednesday and Thursday, absolutely looking for Traditional Yathrin and the like at this time as we focus on Ultrinaan

Carvelan

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 20:29 PM 

Player

One of Ultrinaas noble houses was my first faction here on amia way back. The nostalgia is real :D

Mahtan

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 20:42 PM 

Player

Glad to hear :D

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 21:12 PM 

Player

I live in London, England so GMT but I work a rota so sometimes I'm working 0530hrs start and sometimes a 1400hrs start (10 hour shifts) and as its a rota my days off are always different each week.

That said I can sometimes book days off in advance if/when there are faction events if I have enough notice.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 16 2017, 23:13 PM 

Player

__

Last edited by vhunelar on Wed, Nov 29 2017, 21:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 26 2017, 20:13 PM 

Player

So I have rolled an Ogrillion enforcer type by the name of Snaga'Skah "it" is currently ecl 8 and slowly levelling because I am of course keeping "it" out of most settlements which by the letter or the spirit of their local laws would probably not welcome a disgusting mutant Ogrillion in their towns so access to gear upgrades and supplies is limited.

So if anyone else is taking steps in regards to this faction stuff I would be happy of the company/help/buffs :)

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 26 2017, 20:40 PM 

Player

I've found a lot of fun in Clerics... But I'm not 100% on whether I would actually want to go Lolthite, mostly because it would remind me of the last faction I was in: runnng in, late, being a Cleric, and it being OOC to have, but also OOC to not have a sort of position of rank in the faction... So... How feasible would a Cleric of Selvetarm or Kiaransalee be? I mean, somehow... I never understodd those in a Lolthite society. Do they have Clerics, or mostly just layworshipers?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 26 2017, 21:51 PM 

Player

Clerics of Selvetarm are awesome, he's basically the number two in the Lolthite pantheon, so those males tend to be 'higher up' in terms of society. Or, at least, they have the potential. Lolth comes first always, but there's no stigma for a male being a Selly cleric (in fact, it would be more expected). Kiaransalee is accepted as well, if only because the whole shit she did during/after the Time of Troubles never actually happened in Amian lore. She would work for male or female (though a female might get ribbed on how Lolth didn't favor her enough, but it's nothing that would get you in trouble IC, at least not with my over-zealous Lolthite cleric).

So those are possibilities! And coming 'late to the party' with a Lolth cleric is not a big deal. Hell, Zrae come way late to the party and engineered her way from outsider to Yathrin (middle of the three Temple positions) and then Ul'ath'tallar. She just had come from a different city and that was a good enough reason for her coming to the server, lol

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Last edited by Naivatkal on Wed, Nov 29 2017, 22:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 26 2017, 22:54 PM 

Player

__

Last edited by vhunelar on Wed, Nov 29 2017, 21:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 29 2017, 21:05 PM 

Player

vhunelar wrote:
Regarding Snaga'Skah and anyone else who wants to rp in the underdark.

Very active faction in recent days. Just come by. Just be prepared for fairly classic Lolthite rp.

edit: pm me if you want to arrange something

I see you found it, luckily people should notice your post here. :)

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 10 2017, 12:23 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I continue to remain a supporter of anything underdark related.

My ambitions in such a setting though tend to be controversial on the topic when it comes to this server. What I set out the achieve all those years ago were... not well received. Forward thinking for the time, but not well received.

I fully support the work you guys put in to such a setting, whether it be from a Drow plotting politics to the Duergar mining metal: If you lapse in your motivation, remind yourselves positively that you do it because you have fun doing it and telling the story as you go.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]