View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 17:17 PM 

Player

I am working on a guest story telling work and wanted to ask what the players would like in guest story telling.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 17:26 PM 

Player

Less fighting, more puzzles or conversations, exploration, mystery horror, the unknown and things like that. Not everything need to be solved straight out with a blade in hand.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 22:47 PM 

Player

That: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89440&p=1442099&hilit=lavim#p1442099

By that I mean, not these examples, but small scale almost personal events that leave a mark on the character. I don't recall a single large scale event that impacted my characters positively or negatively on any of the server I've ever played on (which is sad, because these require time and effort from the DMs doing them... but they're just not as appealing and meaningful to me).

So, ideas for events? Go read some random people's backgrounds and try to find NPCs in them. Then, bring said NPC to life on the server (or maybe it's a dead character that only X can see!), involve 3-4 players at best, and confront said NPC to the one person whose background you took that NPC from.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 24 2017, 23:05 PM 

Player

I submitted a GST I'm still waiting to hear back on it.

As far as what I like to see is I like to see events where there's more use for skills other than fighting. I like there to be some intrigue and mystery.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 25 2017, 16:50 PM 

Player

ah, i see and understand

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]