View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 12 2017, 18:02 PM 

Player

Hey,

So I have this awful problem. I have a mac. I bootcamp windows 10 on the mac in order to play NWN. This is creating a problem where my wifi restricts and cuts in and out. I have turned off powersaver mode for the wifi in windows. Problem still persists. Drivers seem to be up to date on the networking.

Can anyone help me?

(p.s. can't just get new computer as most of my play is done incognito from my wife)

sword dream

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 12 2017, 20:58 PM 

Player

hi! i dont know why having a mac makes it a problem with nwn. It runs great on my old G5. but its more likely that you are running on an intel mac? you might just need an old computer instead of a new one.

from what i understand intel macs (except the first generation like i have) can straight up run windows, without a need for bootcamp, maybe im wrong?

if you are not running an intel mac, then you are on an old PowerPC system, and the latest of that is the G5.

it used to be impossible to get a nwn mac version, so few were made i guess. All the archives/files/folders are the exactly the same as the pc version, all except the app itself. We mac users, whom bought the cheap pc version, only had to add the nwn app itself. but you could only get that if you had the mac version, or if you had the mac demo version. The app on the demo works just the same as the actual app.

what im saying is that if you dont run an intel mac then i can provide the app for you. if you are running intel then you should be able to run windows anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]