View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
vhunelar

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 11 2018, 21:27 PM 

Player

It was put to me that I don't know the server lore very well. That may be true.

This thread goes to summer 2012 - but I'm not sure where to go from there:
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=67024

Is there a wiki or synopsis of events? A official tale told by an amia historian?

I've heard all kinds of things in character and was attempting to use that method to learn the server lore but perhaps a more thorough ooc approach is called for.

Thank you very much

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 4:59 AM 

Player

I wouldn't mind a common folk view of things and how NPC's perceive events post and updating it. By the Dm's. An IC Forum post. Through the Young and old perspective. Think that would help immerse us more into Amia. I do and love hearing NPC's speak, Chicken Ball is the new sport of the Plebes!!!

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 5:02 AM 

Player

Did that make any sense to anyone but my Drunk self?

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 5:27 AM 

Player

Spit balling here... watched me some Harry Potter... but thought it would be an awesomeness idea to run a weekly Amian newspaper...where Dm's can write from the point of view of the , City nation, outlooks, NPC Mob, rich, poor, Dm events and get across to everyone on one thread. One central story line post that scatters into webs.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 15:00 PM 

Player

As mr burns would say "I like the cut of your jib"

re: newspaper
Maybe the dm's would prefer a player write the base text and they get just a chance to veto/edit it before it's posted?

'The Cordor Truth Teller' or the like. Of course their could be the ic drama the editor starts to slant stories to a personal agenda too.

I like it.

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 17:50 PM 

DM

It has been done exactly like that before, vhunelar. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing an IC newspaper. I used to make one, too, a loooong time ago. It was obviously more of a spoof, given my copper-kin Zelly made it, but still. Always fun!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 12 2018, 20:45 PM 

Player

Some people did that on their own in serious form or the exact opposite. If it is an IC newspaper then your PC can publish it as their own perspective. If you want something officially written then it has to be approved by the team. If you have any idea on how to extend our timeline then feel free to spam me with some. I love fantasy history nerdism.
Can extend the compedium. Some of the events are intentionally misplaced on that timeline too by the team back then. Gotta come up with the FR events too that happened parallel to our events. I have some written down due to events that occurred on Amia which has Faerunian aspect but could use some ideas. The setting remains 3.5 so 4th edition events do not matter but I don't mind if people use some 4th edition as a basis of idea or inspiration. Mind the part that Myth Drannor and the elven crusade never happened on our timeline so count that out too.

justpassingby

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 20:32 PM 

Player

Way back when like at least 8 years ago there was a newspaper you could purchase and read in game. I don't recall the details just that it was in cordor and there also used to be a town crier (npc) who used about out random buts of information to the public near the town hall or commonwealth place. I forget which.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 12 2018, 20:38 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
It has been done exactly like that before, vhunelar. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing an IC newspaper. I used to make one, too, a loooong time ago. It was obviously more of a spoof, given my copper-kin Zelly made it, but still. Always fun!

I had this odd interviews made into "posted news" before I got banned. I think Budly hired some man to interview "iconic" people on Amia. Ended up with Xaviera and some female tiefling and died. But some more thigns to show Amia as a living, triving place would be interesting!

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15 2018, 2:10 AM 

Player

IMO the busy way to learn is ic. Ask PCs played in that time and let your recollection of events be culled colored by that. You get a mix g more unique perspective that way.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 16 2018, 1:27 AM 

Player

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:
IMO the busy way to learn is ic. Ask PCs played in that time and let your recollection of events be culled colored by that. You get a mix g more unique perspective that way.

It is 10 years since I played since rejoining in 2016 or so. My recollection of the old days in detail is blurry as hell. I just remember a enormously different and bigger Amia in some ways. Other settlements, other ways things looked. Cordor was less Venice and more Neverwinter or Baldurs Gate. Ultrinnan was the big deal and there was like 4-5 Drow houses. Eilistraees Shrine was a big faction, Winya and Grove was bigger and The was really nasty Banites. Uhm was new and Salandrans had a big temple in Cordor :) Not sure how much is ic and how much is ooc changes.

But that is the pity, how much I have forgotten over the time I been on POTM instead. I love to see some history from 2006-2007 to 2016-2017. I should poke around more icly on the server. I remember how you could do sewers, get into goblins or orcs I think, end up on the crags. This was one epic adventure on Amia I remember on a young Budly where we went really far and someone summoned their Balrog summon, I think there was no exp penalty back then for high lvls. Was insane but fun! Also Bendir used to have a secret passage to an old ruin under it where Black Flag had a base and one of the Veheers used to live for a bit. I think that is gone too. Not sure if IC or OOC.

That is what I want to know, if I can RP Budly haveing vague memories, what happended and so on, what is IC what is OOC changes.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 17 2018, 7:12 AM 

Player

Check out the history section of this, might be something there to help you out. Also it's an IC source so your character could easily learn what's written there by going to a library and reading a book.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 03 2018, 23:54 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
I had this odd interviews made into "posted news" before I got banned. I think Budly hired some man to interview "iconic" people on Amia. Ended up with Xaviera and some female tiefling and died. But some more thigns to show Amia as a living, triving place would be interesting!

I remember that thread. "The awful truth about Amian citizenry" or something like that.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 04 2018, 0:14 AM 

Player

Xaviera wrote:
Budly wrote:

I remember that thread. "The awful truth about Amian citizenry" or something like that.

Something like that. It's still out there if someone wants to read it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]