View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
sword dream

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 0:15 AM 

Player

Would it be possible to create a pack mule or a wagon, or something like it that represents a supply line or simply a party's supplies heading into the wilderness? It's basically a strategic problem, support and protect, with no mechanical benefit or penalty outside of pure roleplay. Is it even worth pursuing such a thing do you think?

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:27 AM 

Player

I never thought of that. It would be Hella Dope!!!

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:18 AM 

Player

Very Possible. I explored the toolset and these are the models i found that could be used for that. I do not know their ID.

Camel, Pack.
Ox Cart - Cut Scene
Ox, Pack
PHoD Mekillot, Pack

Some good, solid, choices there. Unfortunately, they do not have a penguin with a backpack.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:21 AM 

Tester

No pack mules, but there is a pack ox. And also an ox with a wagon and rider.

Those would be my personal recommendations if you're going for something that looks like it's actually carrying supplies. And I'd recommend the regular pack ox over the cart and rider if you intend on moving around much.

Edit: Yep, you also got the Camel and the Mekillot if you're going for something a bit more exotic looking.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 11:29 AM 

Player

sword dream wrote:
Would it be possible to create a pack mule or a wagon, or something like it that represents a supply line or simply a party's supplies heading into the wilderness? It's basically a strategic problem, support and protect, with no mechanical benefit or penalty outside of pure roleplay. Is it even worth pursuing such a thing do you think?

The suggestion adds to rp and gives no mechanical advantages. If it's not a problem technically or in some other way it seems like a great idea.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:18 PM 

Player

You'd probably need a bit of rp, maybe you could talk to some farmer (ideally cows, but I don't think we have many...) maybe Gilbert, with a DM playing him, or something, and then write up a quick DC request.

Hell, Tormaks DC donations should even make it for free, since it gives you no actual advantage.

sword dream

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 20:23 PM 

Player

thanks for the intel you guys. if its approved i hope to see a couple of these around, probably from those players that like to run business or companies.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 23:03 PM 

Player

I like this vid for what sword has in mind. The planes are like the adventurers, and the carriers are the supply line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_5sK6VK0Hg

Much harder to have to protect slow moving fairly vulnerable targets.

I recall many times in pnp losing our mule(s), horses, etc and having to lose so much loot. Or choose between protect the convoy and maybe die and run losing everything and live. Great rp options. I have no idea how much work it would be however having zero familiarity with building in nwn.

sword dream

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2018, 1:58 AM 

Player

out of topic:
i like the metal music. im a huge fan of the P51 Mustang, Spitfires and the Zero. Crazy skills back in those days. Modern times im a fan of the A-10, that aging Warthog. As a brazilian i love the A-29 Super Tucano. The Super T is an elegant aircraft with two 50 cal guns and modern avionics/targeting systems with sidewinders and a ton of other options. I quite enjoyed the link you posted, plus the other links from it as well, awesome air combat. thanks for that.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2018, 3:38 AM 

Player

Sword,

That's awesome! I think my fav's from the ww2 period would be the typhoon, mosquito and the me262.

Since you liked the first one here's a land based vid with a song that always gives me goosebumps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHICh8PoDu8

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]