View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 21:41 PM 

Player

I heard talk a while back about this being a possibility. Has it been introduced to the Mod yet? If not, when and how many points are you all planning on bumping it up? I'm debating several options on new jobs for my Toon. :)

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 21:50 PM 

Tester

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=89904

Mav said it was a nice idea, but to my knowledge it never got any further than that.

waswar

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 03 2018, 20:16 PM 

Player

Pretty useless if we can't use jobs to bypass the awful, horrendous grind so we can do relevant roleplay and participate in events without being a level 12 character that dies if they slip in a puddle.

Analog Kid

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 03 2018, 20:45 PM 

Player

waswar wrote:
Pretty useless if we can't use jobs to bypass the awful, horrendous grind so we can do relevant roleplay and participate in events without being a level 12 character that dies if they slip in a puddle.

This could be fixed as well if DM's didn't see the need to run events geared toward OP level 30's and actually cater to lower level characters.

Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 03 2018, 20:58 PM 

Player

I for one would be happy to do that, but the problem is that there generally aren't enough lower level characters near the same level range for it to be feasable, for combat events anyway. If we have low levels players that would want something like that and keep the same level range, then I for one would be more than happy to run some events for the group. Also I do run events that don't involve any fighting or combat and I know I'm not the only DM that does that.

Most events are catered or balanced to level 30's with good gear because that's the majority of the current server population's PC's.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 03 2018, 21:29 PM 

Tester

waswar wrote:

Not useless at all, considering many of the people who have been asking for a cap increase, even before that thread was made, are players of full level PCs.

It's not about the grind(at least for me and plenty others). The original job system was based on our original population. There are less PCs, thereby less chance of you encountering the gatherer/converter/specialty that other jobs depend on. If you need a resource, your only option in a lot of cases is to wait for the stocks to replenish at reset, and that's one or two items.

More job points means more PCs with jobs, means higher chance of meeting a PC with the job you need or at least higher chance of those resources being in stock. The debate of the job system not being intended as an alternative leveling system, and whether or not we need to better tailor our events, are pretty much beside this point of the Job cap issue, valid discussions or not.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]