View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 05 2018, 9:12 AM 

Player

So I was going through at lot of old documentation and faqs.

In particular the FAQ centered around the lore on Amia for Palemasters.

https://gyazo.com/945d7bb39391d5f6311559fb0d943bee

From this I come to garner that a lot of the canon based lore used today for Palemasters was made by the playerbase and from the motivation and incentive of certain individual players.

Now as to my general question: Has stuff like this generally been done on Amia as of yet for Blighters as a concept?

Or would it potentially be okay for me, through RP and other various means to create a similar lore background for blighters if one does not currently exist within the Amian canon?

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2018, 12:29 PM 

Player

I am not sure I understand the question. What do you consider as "Amia canon"? Both PRCs are based on PnP PRCs which are recorded in the canon lore sourcebooks and we are operating accordingly. The only difference is that pale master happens to have a mechanical representation among the limited choice that NWN provides for us.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2018, 12:42 PM 

Player

Well, the canon lore for Palemasters is severely lacking, and that's not just an NwN thing. Even the Libris Mortis doesn't give much to the class. The lore on Amia around Palemasters is simply the most commonly practised method of becoming a fully fledged PM on Amia. But ultimately, you're able to go about it in any way you so chose as long as it is reasonable. For example, your skeletal arm wouldn't spontaneously appear over night, there does have to be a process to it.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2018, 12:51 PM 

Player

Lutra wrote:
I am not sure I understand the question. What do you consider as "Amia canon"? Both PRCs are based on PnP PRCs which are recorded in the canon lore sourcebooks and we are operating accordingly. The only difference is that pale master happens to have a mechanical representation among the limited choice that NWN provides for us.

My inquiry isn't based upon the PnP concepts but similar to what rich said the general practice itself in RP. Things like the methods in which you draw said energy, how to practice and improve, things of that nature. Similar to how things are accomplished in RP through rituals to become a palemaster. Or classes are taken to learn IC studies for shadowdancers, etc.

I do not believe that PnP sourcebooks have any reference to how a blighter's abilities grow and develop.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2018, 12:59 PM 

Player

For a blighter, based on the assumption they act like any other divine class, the PM-like abilities can be gifts from the patron deity to aid his or her servant in spreading blight (Since it's similarly linked to undeath in some way). Alternatively, a form of prostration before your god, to cut your arm off and replace it with a skeletal arm capable of withering plantlife with a mere touch which could be seen as the ultimate means of spreading blight. Ultimately, it is up to you and what the DMs see as 'reasonable' for the class.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2018, 13:12 PM 

Player

Well..reasons why there are repeated inquiries like that for PMs, DDs, or BGs because those classes are readily available mechanical PRCs and there are multiple paths to get there.

As for your question after digging further into the forums I found an incomplete questionnaire on druids that does mention blighters but the questionaire is about druids and not blighters so not much can be discerned from that. To be frank there hasn't been much blighter around and those who were around were short lived at best thus no tradition was actually made. So yeah, act within reason but I personally do not see the same amount of avenues for blighters compared to the aforementioned PRCs.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2018, 15:59 PM 

Player

Okay I just wanted to make sure there was nothing quite 100% set in stone for the PrC as far as how to go about the material.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]