View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 12:36 PM 

Player

I seem to have lost like 200k. Didn't buy anything. Does it cost gold to craft in the waiting area of the Beginning area? If so, can we get the cost removed? That kind of blows if so.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 12:39 PM 

Player

It's always costed GP if you fail the crafting roll. The only thing that doesn't cost GP is colour changing and robe appearances. Stack up on your Craft Armour skill and you should be right! :)

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Revak

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 13:35 PM 

Player

Honestly the cost mechanic for armour appearance is annoying. Don't suppose it's worthwhile to consider it's removal if possible?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 16:27 PM 

Player

I'd be alright with that, but thats probably something for IA

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 20:01 PM 

Player

well yeah the cost was implemented before the job system existed, so the craft armor/weapon skills matter.

Ðraco

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 21:21 PM 

Player

The DC to change some gear is a bit much even with Craft Armor/Weapon items. The DC to alter the appearance of my Arcane Defiance Plate is a whopping 71 DC. So I'm always spending 30k to change the appearance.

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 26 2018, 23:33 PM 

Player

I personally don't mind it that much, but if we put into a consideration that the appearance change serves only as a fluff I think we could remove the gold cost for modifications.

After all, some items are really, REALLY hideous so we should reward people for changing them even. :mrgreen:

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 9:50 AM 

Player

I personally like that the cost is in because it's one of the few reasons to actually put ranks in craft armor/weapon and/or get crafting gear with both stats+int.

The cost is only paid once unless you change the colors of the items, so my recommendation is to change the colors to very distinct ones, then do the appearance until you're satisfied before changing the colors to what you actually wanted. That way you only pay once per item, and you know which colors line up if you want to match arms to torso, and thighs to shins etc.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:45 AM 

DM

Changing colors is free, though. Unless you mean that you have to pay again if you change the torso (pay money), change the colors (for free), then change the arms (pay money again).

If that's the case, then I never even noticed that and people are silly if that's how they craft stuff. xD

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:45 AM 

Player

Charging gold for purely aesthetic changes really doesn't fit the spirit of amia, which always struck me as trying to avoid the tedious aspects of mechanics on arelith. Though, fun fact, even they don't have a cost for armor crafting.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:54 AM 

DM

Personally, I think it makes sense IC for there to be a cost if you don't have the Craft Armor skill. Sure, it may suck if you change the armor frequently and the armor has a ton of stats to make it expensive. But it's still a one-time fee (unless it bugs and charges for every part change, which I know happens occasionally), and that fee basically emulates you paying an actual person to shape the armor to the way you want it to look.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 12:50 PM 

Player

Does it really matter in the end? There's a message warning you of the cost. If you ignore it, poor you. Pretty sure it even tells you the DC and the exact cost.
Additionally, all you need is, at most a bit of gear, or one-time cost of like 30k. There's two hammers, not too hard to get by, with some crafting on them. There's a ring with some crafting on it. You can mythal things. Crafting skills aren't that hard to raise. And if you're really stingy, get a friend to do it for you. If you're unlucky, you'll get some RP out of it.

Now, if you think it's so bad, because you can't try around with armors, buy an armor without any enchantment on it. Make it perfect, then just remember the numbers, or write them down, and you pay the price for changing appearance once.
And if you really think the price is too high, go fight any dungeon, or eat a DC, and you should have the gold. Or even beg it of someone. It's not like gold is all that valuable, to be honest.

I don't really see why it's such a big issue that it needs to be changed. If we were talking about introducing said system, and there's the choice of either use dev work to put itin, or use dev work, and not put it in, I'd say don't make it have a cost. But when we're talking about either using dev work for something trivial, or not using dev work... eh.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 13:13 PM 

Player

Wait... you can fail the craft? I have no points in the crafting skills and I don't recall ever failing to change the item change.

Ðraco

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 13:16 PM 

Player

My argument would be if there's an easy workaround by throwing on 5 items to boost craft armor/weapon. Then why bother having a cost to begin with? It's just an annoying hindrance for the sake of being annoying.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 13:30 PM 

Player

There is a trick you can do but it is riskier than actually paying the cost and that is dropping or putting your GP someplace safe then attempt crafting your armour. If you fail the roll you wont get charged (Because you don't have enough coin, and the item piece wont change) but you can keep trying to change it until you do pass the DC check (Assuming it's low enough, anyway. But two hammers and two rings easily attained in game should be enough for most.)

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 27 2018, 14:25 PM 

Player

Yeah I typically do what Richard said. We’ll discuss possible removal of the fee

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]