View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 24 2019, 2:14 AM 

Player

Seeing Rafaels post about his 10 year anniversay on Amia was really moving in a way. Made me ponder on my own time in NWN; it is propbably 15 years by now. Thousands of hours, hundreds of events probably, hundreds of characters met, several dozens to over a hundred players met, some I still talk to, some I still hold strong friendships with, some newly met thats awesome, some I met IRL. Many angry moments, many happy, many amazed, hours spent, just idling around a campfire or in dungeons.

It is not what it used to be, the candle flickers lightly but it is a candle that still is lit. From that day I jumped off the boat in Cordor in like 2005 and Budlys crazy adventures until 2007 as I got on my ban exodus to POTM and some other servers lost through the years, my memory is poor but I remember lot of awesome players and sadly some I cannot get in touch with anymore but so many been great or interesting people. Until now, 2019, when im on Amia again.

NWN has meant a lot to me and kept me loving NWN and fantasy RPGs, as a former friend always proclaimed, NWN was my drug, that and Dota 2. Im not so sure about that but I keep returning even If I take long breaks at times. No matter how many hours I spent, in the thousands, how many times I could have studied harder or went to bed earlier, or even idled for hours doing nothing, got banned or furious at people, I still think it been all worth it and everything been an experience. I am sure I be around for years. Hopefully Amia too and NWN as a community.

Whats your nostalgic moments or thoughts about NWN? About Amia?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Last edited by Budly on Thu, Jan 24 2019, 11:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 24 2019, 3:10 AM 

Player

I miss the BleachX server's mechanic and theme. Dice fighting system with roleplay emotes and custom personal power and abilities has been my best experience with Nwn so far, and by far the best pvps I've had.

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 24 2019, 6:57 AM 

Player

I've played NWN since I was a ten year old, so about fifteen years.
There's so many people I wish I could talk to again, one of them being garzgoyle who I met on Amia yeeearrss ago on my first aasimar halfling (and Luckii's cousin), Molly Doll'Lace. She used to be part of a small group called the Greyscale Halflings that hung out on the boulder near the Amia Forest node before the map change!
I'll never forget the first server I ever played on, Escape from the Underdark. I logged in and thought a player was being nice, and said 'Cool thnx :)' - and that's the day I learned what roleplay was and that emojis are not used in such things!
I also played on the Harry Potter server, without knowing anything ABOUT Harry Potter and that's where I learned all the lore on it! (Ravenclaw FTW)
I haven't been back to those servers. Amia is like a magnet, I don't know why. It's true what they say - once you join Amia, you never really leave! It's been so interesting to see how the server has evolved and changed to what it is today. After it split from Arelith, I was almost positive it wouldn't last. Yet here we are!

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 24 2019, 13:05 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I've had one hell of a ride over the last fifteen years.

Its why I can't find myself to give it up entirely. I still find myself crawling back every blue moon. Jack Galenson lives on.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Metalien

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 24 2019, 22:33 PM 

Player

Galenson wrote:

Its why I can't find myself to give it up entirely. I still find myself crawling back every blue moon. Jack Galenson lives on.

Jack and Metalien's frequent interactions in The Salandran Temple were good times. I'm really trying ot get back into Amia, but with no DVD drive on my PC I can't install my game.. Booo!

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 25 2019, 0:26 AM 

Player

Metalien wrote:
Galenson wrote:

Jack and Metalien's frequent interactions in The Salandran Temple were good times. I'm really trying ot get back into Amia, but with no DVD drive on my PC I can't install my game.. Booo!

The best way to get back these days is a gog version! Then you never need a disc drive again! :)

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 25 2019, 0:57 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Metalien wrote:

Most definitely. Sitting in the Aussie timezone, jawing off and bantering between yourself, Selvec and the others. Definitely kept Tormak awake at least.

They certainly had their good moments, but also had their frustrating ones as well. I think it was safe to say that both of us were a little too invested at times.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 25 2019, 4:47 AM 

Player

Aussie timezone was a fun timezone and I liked being able to DM it. I was just generally too tired to do too many events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]